Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Subtle Details

Default Re: Your Favorite Subtle Details

Quote Originally Posted by Morethanmeetstheeye View Post
    When the phone falls after Simmons calls Lennox
    When Simmons is trying to make Jetfire summarize his story, I don't remember the exact lines but I love that part.
    Jetfire: "Without it, we'll oxidize and rust. LIKE MY WRETCHED SELF! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO SLOWLY FALL APART AND DIE?!!!"

Simmons: "Let's not get episodic, old timer. Beginning. Middle. End. Facts. Details. Condense. Plot. Tell it."

Banned

That's funny cuz I hate it when he says that... It reminds me of stupid teenagers trying to sound cool...

Senior Member Morethanmeetstheeye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Jetfire: "Without it, we'll oxidize and rust. LIKE MY WRETCHED SELF! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO SLOWLY FALL APART AND DIE?!!!"

Simmons: "Let's not get episodic, old timer. Beginning. Middle. End. Facts. Details. Condense. Plot. Tell it."
    Haha thanks Tailbreaker, exactly what I was talking about.

Another subtle detail;

When Mikaela changes but nobody else notices
    Optimus Prime: "What if we leave, and your wrong?"

Just one of the few great quotes from ROTF

Post Re: Your Favorite Subtle Details

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Amazing catch, Mr. Gabba. I missed it, because I was too busy thinking "OMG Devs is wrecking the place!". Every time I watch it...
    Oh,yeah, thank the guy that posted the screencap, forget about the guy that pointed it out... Just kidding, actually, i only found this one thanks to the guys at the Transformers Live Action Blog. Makes you wonder how many of these small details they made throughout the movie!!!

@Trailbreaker

Hope this helps

And this one just because it looks cool

By the way, your current avatar, is that the pic on the cover of the latest Cinefex? Reading that one, pity the artbook they were going to publish got canned, Once again the fans got screwed.

That's the one! Thanks!

Yeah, that's the one from Cineflex. R-Type made a thread about it somewhere on this forum. I just love the detail on Jetfire, one of the reasons he's my favorite character in this movie.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by westfall View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!! he looks like a hamster in that pic!! he has hamster teeth!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA

From the Bay commentary, one of the generic Decepticons has a "T1000" on it in the final desert battle as a nod to the Terminator movie that features a Transformers type robot in it. It is the one that gets it's head blown off while shooting from behind the columns as Sam and Mikaela run by.

And from the forest fight scene, when Prime dies, and tells Sam to run, you can see a yellow-ish fluid leaking from the back/side of his head and red fluid running over the top cab of the truck/Prime's chest like he is bleeding out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie_Bot View Post

And from the forest fight scene, when Prime dies, and tells Sam to run, you can see a yellow-ish fluid leaking from the back/side of his head and red fluid running over the top cab of the truck/Prime's chest like he is bleeding out.

thats epic, i never noticed that!! wow, they really gave the transformers a few human like features in this one, eh?

There's a lot more TF "bodily fluids" than in the first

Grindor's blood (after having his head riped apart)

And the battered, bleeding and dying Optimus (fortunately not for good)

The "bleeding" and leaking i don't mind, it makes these things look and feel truly alive. What i didn't get was Starscream's spitting in this scene... WTH?

Banned

dude, love that 1st picture of grindor!! never saw that one...and ya, i didn't know what was all about the spitting, but it was cool

There's a lot more TF "bodily fluids" than in the first

Grindor's blood (after having his head riped apart)
    I'd like to know why that's red.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I'd like to know why that's red.
    It could be blue or green but if it's red you imediatly register it as blood on your mind.
    Besides, some fluids in everyday vehicles are red or redish. A few years ago, my best friend had a nasty car crash and though he got out of his overturned car with only a few scratches, he had this red stuff on his clothes that some people who came to help him out thought was blood.
    Apparently it was the power stearing fluid.

But i doubt that was the thinking behind Bay's choice of color. Red splatered all over the place makes you think one thing, blood. Notice that in other scenes where they have the bots (mainly the Autobots) "bleeding" and they don't want that shock-effect to register, they make the "bleeding" blue, for example, Jetfire's torso is tore open by Skorponok and later when he tares his spark from his chest.
    It's all about invoking a response.
    Last edited by westfall; 11-14-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Here's a few more examples of this principle.
    In the middle of a grueling battle where Optimus and Megatron kick the crap out of each other, they "bleed" red.

Jetfire in a scene of bravery and self-sacrifice, "bleeds" blue

And to reflect Skorponoks insect nature, a bit of green "blood"

These small details go almost unnoticed by us but the visual info is there and our brain perceives it, causing a subconcious reaction and feel, like a subliminal emotion filter.

Banned

wow...thats intense...once again, thats really humanlike...interesting that they add all that..hm...

wonderful screen caps westfall

-The flying arm of Grindor in the forest fight.
    -How grindor spins his weapon after optimus got shot to the ground.
    -The SOUND when Optimus first hits Megatron in the forest fight.Its just godlike.
    -Optimus Eye movement in the Nest base.
    -The Fallens... neck things that move and make this somehow nice sound.
    -Soundwaves mouth(movement).
    -How Long Haul moves at the scene where Sam and Mikaela where hidding
    out in the building.
    -How Devastators head moves after he has eaten Mudflap.
    -The presentation of Long Haul in the first scene of the constructicons.
    -The "Air" that comes out of Optimus Hands when he transformers out of the plane in the beginning of the movie.
    -How Optimus opens his eyes after sam revives him.
    -How Ravage runs.
    -How Starscream accedentaly shots Grindor in the forest fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    -The flying arm of Grindor in the forest fight.
    -How Starscream accedentaly shots Grindor in the forest fight.
    Loved that one. XD
    Quotes: 1.Optimus: "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." 2.(Dialoge) Megatron: "Humans don't deserve to live!"Optimus: "They deserve to choose for themselves!" 3.Optimus: "What if we leave, and you're wrong?" Lennox:"That's a good question."

another one I like is when Prime is addressing Galloway (the liason guy) in the NEST hangar, he says "What if we leave," (then leans in close to Galloway) "and you are wrong?" When Prime leans in to deliver the last dramatic part of the line, his face moves out of the light and becomes dark. Just the combination of the dark face with the serious comment is really cool.

I dont know why they all of a sudden added liquids in them for the second film. The first film had none, and now this one has them 'bleeding' every 2 seconds.

Also, don't you love when it goes slow-mo and Optimus shoots Megatron in the chest? Love. That. Scene.
    Quotes: 1.Optimus: "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." 2.(Dialoge) Megatron: "Humans don't deserve to live!"Optimus: "They deserve to choose for themselves!" 3.Optimus: "What if we leave, and you're wrong?" Lennox:"That's a good question."

Ah, i also really like the sound of Ravages gun.When i think about it, most of the sounds in the movie are just like music to my ears.I could listen to them all day.

In those aspects both films are awesome, the robots models look truly alive and real. The technical aspects are top notch. But while the first had a great story and was a nice set up for future films, the second is all over the place.
    Too much left unexplained or to viewer discretion. Don't get me wrong, i love both movies with passion, but i love them for what they are, sci-fi, FX, action movies. When you view them like that and the barrage of plot-holes and non-canon stuff is not that big a deal.
    But there's definitely room for improvement. Here my 2 cents.

Movie 1, leave it be, it has some flaws but leave it alone, it's a great movie as it is.

As for RoTF... well... IMO RoTF has enough material for two movies. Think about it, the first hour would be the second movie, add a lot more background on who The Fallen is, how the new Autobots arrived to Earth, i mean they made 2 comic prequels with great material that could have been used here. Mix all up and have the movie end with Prime's death, Sam's escape and The Fallen's arrival, basically the darkest part of RoTF. End Movie 2.

Movie 3 would include the remaining 1h30m of RoTF with a more detailed battle, a lot more involvment of the Autobots in that battle, a bigger Optimus versus The Fallen fight and a finale in wich the title characters don't just disapear into thin air. End Movie 3.

And while doing all this, maybe try not to make as many plot holes as RoTF.

In those aspects both films are awesome, the robots models look truly alive and real. The technical aspects are top notch. But while the first had a great story and was a nice set up for future films, the second is all over the place.
    Too much left unexplained or to viewer discretion. Don't get me wrong, i love both movies with passion, but i love them for what they are, sci-fi, FX, action movies. When you view them like that and the barrage of plot-holes and non-canon stuff is not that big a deal.
    But there's definitely room for improvement. Here my 2 cents.

Movie 1, leave it be, it has some flaws but leave it alone, it's a great movie as it is.

As for RoTF... well... IMO RoTF has enough material for two movies. Think about it, the first hour would be the second movie, add a lot more background on who The Fallen is, how the new Autobots arrived to Earth, i mean they made 2 comic prequels with great material that could have been used here. Mix all up and have the movie end with Prime's death, Sam's escape and The Fallen's arrival, basically the darkest part of RoTF. End Movie 2.

Movie 3 would include the remaining 1h30m of RoTF with a more detailed battle, a lot more involvment of the Autobots in that battle, a bigger Optimus versus The Fallen fight and a finale in wich the title characters don't just disapear into thin air. End Movie 3.

And while doing all this, maybe try not to make as many plot holes as RoTF.

Totally agree with you. Although I liked ROTF Better than movie one, it still had WAY too many plot holes. Optimus was supposedly hidden away and knew about the war, yet he claims he has no idea who the fallen is. x.x; Epic movie, but, eh, could use some work. If he could, I'd bet that Michael Bay would go back in time and do just that.

Oh, and a tribute to G1: Optimus hods his guns, they are not part of his hands like the other Autobots. You can see this in my aforementioned slow-mo shot.

http://www.bannerfans.com/banners/44905_228391.jpg

Banned

Megatron after killing optimus (on the roof) "well that went well"

Haha it's as if he thinks it as bad