Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Subtle Details

Default Re: Your Favorite Subtle Details

Quote Originally Posted by Morethanmeetstheeye View Post
    This is why I think that Bay can do very well at a more emotional TF3
    I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker
    I especially loved that one line from Sam's dad when Sam had to go without them.
    "You come back!!!"
    Me too - I think so many can relate to that scene.

The also really love it when Bee says “Young fella, you are the person I care about most in my life, if there's anything you need, I won't be far away" You really feel the connection they have for eachother. It's like when Bee falls to his knee's when Sam dies.
    Ultra Magnus:"I know you're BORED, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership come obligations."
    Rodimus Prime:"Mmm... Don't suppose I could interest you in a used mantle?"

Senior Member Morethanmeetstheeye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    The also really love it when Bee says “Young fella, you are the person I care about most in my life, if there's anything you need, I won't be far away" You really feel the connection they have for eachother. It's like when Bee falls to his knee's when Sam dies.
    I totally forgot about that, I liked this scene as well.

I just hope Mikaela doesn't get killed off in TF3, sure it would be very emotional but I don't think that Sam would be able to benefit to the story if this happened. I guess you can say this for anybody in his life though
    Optimus Prime: "What if we leave, and your wrong?"

Just one of the few great quotes from ROTF

Banned

Except wheelie..you can tell he is annoyed by him

Here's one detail that you see in both movies that I love. When Optimus finishes his transformation, his wheels on his legs always make that cool spinny sound, then his air brakes go "TSSSSHHH!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Here's one detail that you see in both movies that I love. When Optimus finishes his transformation, his wheels on his legs always make that cool spinny sound, then his air brakes go "TSSSSHHH!!!!"
    I've loved that sound, as well as the sound of a blink of his eye and the way discs in his ears spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    I've loved that sound, as well as the sound of a blink of his eye and the way discs in his ears spinning.
    All of those subtle details was what really sold the robots for me in the first movie. I love how you still hear truck noises even when he's in robot mode, such as the many fluid and air lines making faint hissing noises as he moves around.

Speaking of first movie, after Sam says "I want to introduce you to my friend...Optimus Prime," Optimus makes this deep growling kind of noise. I don't know why but I loved it when he did that, made him sound threatening to Simmons.

All of those subtle details was what really sold the robots for me in the first movie.
    I agree, I like how in-depth the sound designer’s go with creating the effects, especially in ROTF – I mean for each robot to have their own distinctive set of robot sounds is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    I love the blinking eye sounds too, really accentuates the realism.
    Ultra Magnus:"I know you're BORED, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership come obligations."

Starscream spitting on the remains of the car that he cut open with Sam and Mikaela were in.

Banned

When asked where Sam was, Leo replies "I think he's dead but let's go check"

I know the sounds you mean - they really add to the sense that Optimus Prime is incredibly complex/sophisticated.

For some reason, I like Megatron's transformation sound - the high-pitched metal-on-metal clanging and scraping noises he makes when he transforms.

Other details I found interesting:

While the twins are still an ice cream truck, the ice cream sign on Mudflap's back lights up in robot mode.

Some Transformers have smoke/steam/vapour coming out of their mouths, as if they're breathing/venting. This is particularly prominent on Ironhide and Megatron, and to a lesser extent on Starscream.

Ratchet operates a slide or charging handle on his weapon during the desert battle, as if he's clearing a jam/reloading/recharging it.

Banned

one thing that is odd and cool is when starscream and jetfire and everyone "spits"

The forrest scene= Epic Win. I couldn't bear to watch Optimus die, yet that's the scene I watch most in the movie. He should have learned forever ago not to turn his back on his enemy. (Now where have I heard that before? =o ) Oh yes. In Neopets: The Darkest Faerie Video Game, The Old Knight jumps in, saves your butt, than gets impaled from behind (:deadhorse1 by his enemy. Hm. Ah, well, I found that rather sad, but it was nothing compared to the great Prime's downfall. Jetfire's death was something too. He would have died, even if he hadn't given himself up. Scorponox had mortally wounded him.

Back to the interesting facts...

-Optimus, along with several other robots (most prominently Starscream) have Cybertronian symbols carved on them. http://img143.imageshack.us/i/trans06wz5.jpg/ (look at his face)

- Optimus lost his mask/tooth in the forrest scene, and Skids lost his gold tooth in Egypt after being shot in the face by Mudflap.

- Chromia, Arcee, and Flareout are referred to as one entity, instead of three seperate beings.

-The Autobots seem to be aging, which indicates lack of Energon (and not only for the Decepticons). Maybe the plotline for TF 3?
    Quotes: 1.Optimus: "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." 2.(Dialoge) Megatron: "Humans don't deserve to live!"Optimus: "They deserve to choose for themselves!" 3.Optimus: "What if we leave, and you're wrong?" Lennox:"That's a good question."

Also:

-One of the protoforms shouts, "Curse you!", right before he is blown to bits.

-Soon afterwards, Ironhide cries, "Sam! Spotted Sam!", in the wrong voice. (Probably forgot to synthezyze it)

-Didn't Brawl DIE in the last movie?

-Sam's bandage magically switches hands.

-Devastator looks like a dog with a spiked collar

-There's no WAY those bombs could have been 2000 pound JDAMs.

-And, Holy shiz, Mikaela did drop the F-bomb. O.O;
    Quotes: 1.Optimus: "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." 2.(Dialoge) Megatron: "Humans don't deserve to live!"Optimus: "They deserve to choose for themselves!" 3.Optimus: "What if we leave, and you're wrong?" Lennox:"That's a good question."

Quote Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
    Starscream spitting on the remains of the car that he cut open with Sam and Mikaela were in.
    I thought his lunch wasnt agreeing with him and he vurped.

That's not neccesary. >.>;

This wasn't in the movie, just in my warped mind recently: When Sam and OP are on the deck of the carrier at the end of the movie, I REALLY wanted OP to start jumping up and down and shouting, "Hey, Sam wanna see me rock this boat?!" :lol

OK, I will retreat to my padded cell now.
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    This wasn't in the movie, just in my warped mind recently: When Sam and OP are on the deck of the carrier at the end of the movie, I REALLY wanted OP to start jumping up and down and shouting, "Hey, Sam wanna see me rock this boat?!" :lol

OK, I will retreat to my padded cell now.

Nice. X3 That made my day 100% funnier. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Chromia/Maybell View Post
    Also:

-Soon afterwards, Ironhide cries, "Sam! Spotted Sam!", in the wrong voice. (Probably forgot to synthezyze it)
    ;
    I thought it was Sideswipe who said that.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gabba View Post
    I thought it was Sideswipe who said that.
    You're right. It was Sideswipe. I didn't even see Ironhide in that shot!

Speaking of Ironhide, did anybody catch this in both movies? In both TF1 and ROTF, Ironhide always has a "Sam! Get to the __________!" line. In TF1 it was the building, here it's the pillars!

Speaking of Ironhide, did anybody catch this in both movies? In both TF1 and ROTF, Ironhide always has a "Sam! Get to the __________!" line. In TF1 it was the building, here it's the pillars!
    Yeah, I noticed it the other day when watching ROTF.

I would point out my fave details, but they've all already been pointed out.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Morethanmeetstheeye View Post
    Judy telling Mikaela she has a bald spot
    I really do love a lot of Judy's lines.

The parents are written very well, especially from Sam's point of view as the embarassing, socially inept people we all view our parents to be when they're that age.

I just wonder if their portrayal will mature a little as Sam does for TF3; usually around the end of college you have an epiphany and realize your parents are people after all.

That actually made me smile and giggle a bit. Thanks. I needed it.

When Sam and OP are on the deck of the carrier at the end of the movie, I REALLY wanted OP to start jumping up and down and shouting, "Hey, Sam wanna see me rock this boat?!"
    LOL!! :lol Thanks a lot Bot Girl! Now everytime I watch that scene, I'll have that playing in my mind! lol

I noticed that the first time watching ROTF. Get to the Building! Get to the Pillars! :wtf (Who writes Ironhide's lines, anyway? XD )

And, he wasn't in that shot. O.o; I has CC on, and it said IRONHIDE: Sam! Spotted Sam! (I literaly just looked at it; Sideswipe's saying it, but the CPU say's Ironhide is.) I guess that would be considered another subtle detail, at least with my dumb-butt computer. XD)