Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mad max 4: fury Road

Default Mad max 4: fury Road

For any mad max fans out there (me as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09tKY6_YBd8

Default Re: Mad max 4: fury Road

Arggggh…It’s times like this that I really hate Dial-Up!
    Ultra Magnus:"I know you're BORED, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership come obligations."
    Rodimus Prime:"Mmm... Don't suppose I could interest you in a used mantle?"

Quote Originally Posted by Xsubs View Post
    Well, Miller surely knows how to sell his New Zealanders crews better than his own movies... He forgot to mention Thunderdome. They better not screw this one up.

Nah, who am I kidding? I am probably going to like this one as well. Aunty Entity could have been the best villain-singer ever...

Talking Re: Mad max 4: fury Road

Quote Originally Posted by haut_bas_clair View Post
    Well, Miller surely knows how to sell his New Zealanders crews better than his own movies... He forgot to mention Thunderdome. They better not screw this one up.

Nah, who am I kidding? I am probably going to like this one as well. Aunty Entity could have been the best villain-singer ever...
    You speak truth.

The first teaser trailer was released today at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego.

I think this should be badass

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I think this should be badass
    Agree, looks pretty good.
    You know what the funny thing about this thread is? Check out the date for the first post!!

So Borderlands got its inspiration from Mad Max right?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

hmm british accent, no red dirt..... I think someone is trying to destroy my childhood :P

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    I think Waterworld did.

Except that Waterworld was like a... well obviously "water" version instead of "dirt" version.

Here's the new trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road. I don't know about any red dirt, but at least there will be some explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Yes, so did Akira to a bit of Hunger Games and many more.

Default Mad Max: Fury Road

Cannes: Is 'Mad Max' Oscar-Worthy?
    George Miller's action epic drew spontaneous applause three times during its festival press screening.

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Reviews Say the Film Is Mind-Blowing

"#MadMaxFuryRoad absolutely blows away #AgeOfUltron in every sense."

Tom Hardy’s Signed On For Three More MAD MAX Movies
    If enough of us see FURY ROAD, Warner Bros. is prepared to keep the MAD MAX train a-rolling.

<strong>

I saw it and it rocked! best action and sci-fi movie of the year and been a fan of this series since 29 years.

The first 2 were r-rated adult oriented gritty sci-fi action picks with style and class, part 3 was a PG-13 family film, fun with nice performance by Tina Turner if a bit watered down compared to the first 2 even it's not as bad as AVP or Robocop 3 or mediocre as Terminator Salvation.

I'm glad George Miller is back as director and they got a nice writer for this, although Mel will be missed but Hardy should be a nice replacement. I'm also glad it's back to the R-rated formula as we already had one PG-13 MM movie and that was 30 years ago as it was enough, i mean nice to see them go back to the adult oriented gritty formula of the first 2 classics. I mean we had R-rated hits recently like Kingsman, Equalizer and American Sniper proving there is an audience for these kinds of action films.

Plus some old school practical effects with new stuff mixed in and all that.

Loved it.

It will be remembered as one of the coolest action classics for a long time. So much exhilarating boldness and insanity throughout 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    It will be remembered as one of the coolest action classics for a long time. So much exhilarating boldness and insanity throughout 2 hours.
    Indeed, best science fiction and action movie of the year no doubt.

You agree with everything i said? especially that anyone glad it's back to the R-rated gritty adult formula of the first 2 movies and less family friendly like the PG-13 Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome? i mean Thunderdome was fun and had good acting by Tina Turner and there was that memorable theme song that was a chart topper of 1985, but felt more like a WB studio controlled film as they thought of making a family friendly sequel with a PG-13 rating to get a wider audience and less gritty/violent than the first 2 movies and Miller was less in control of the film as he only did the action sequences but other parts were directed by someone else, afterall Mad Max isn't a family friendly franchise as the first 2 were aimed at adults, yet not as terrible as AVP or Robocop 3 when it comes to watered down sequels to R-rated franchises or as mediocre as Terminator Salavation or Expendables 3 nor as enjoayble as Live Free or Die Hard despite it was good as a Bruce Willis film but missed the gritty nature of the first 3 movies. I'm glad WB gave Miller creative control this time and bring the series back to it's gritty gutsy adult glory that the way the first 2 movies were intended.

And who thinks Tom Hardy is surprisingly good as Max?

I'm trying to figure out if I watched a different movie then every critic on Earth did. How people are calling this the greatest action movie in decades I'll never understand. I mean seriously, is it because there was more practical effects than CGI? Is it because it wasn't a comic book blockbuster? I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't walk out of the theater amazed at what I saw

I thought the action in Mad Max was great. The vehicles and stunts were pretty awesome. But everything else wasn't all that great.

I think critics were just happy to see a movie that wasn't CGI filled, wasn't directed by Michael Bay, or didn't have the word MARVEL in the title.

Someone please explain this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if I watched a different movie then every critic on Earth did. How people are calling this the greatest action movie in decades I'll never understand. I mean seriously, is it because there was more practical effects than CGI? Is it because it wasn't a comic book blockbuster? I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't walk out of the theater amazed at what I saw

I thought the action in Mad Max was great. The vehicles and stunts were pretty awesome. But everything else wasn't all that great.

I think critics were just happy to see a movie that wasn't CGI filled, wasn't directed by Michael Bay, or didn't have the word MARVEL in the title.

Because it was a well made and well written film plus one of George Miller's comeback movies, and you not a fan of the first 2 movies then? and what do you consider the best action movie of the decade? i like how it used practical effects you know and less CGI which was refreshing.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

I'm trying to figure out if I watched a different movie then every critic on Earth did. How people are calling this the greatest action movie in decades I'll never understand.

Of course it is the greatest action movie of the decade...until the next greatest action movie comes along. Probably few months from now. And then the next one few weeks after that, and then the next one...

Get it?

Truth is, most film buffs - especially the younger ones - simply like to overreact over stuff like that. For some reason after the first "sandy" trailer this became a fanboy-type movie and weeks before the premiere some folks already thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sure, it's nice to see a big action movie without the usual Marvel/DC superheroes, but I find it silly to act as if "Mad Max: Fury Road" offers something completely new and something we haven't seen before. Especially if you're guy like me and you know your 70's and 80's road movies.

Also, I got no problem with folks calling something "the best" or "the worst". No matter who you are, it's still just an opinion. What I have a problem with is when they attack other films and filmmakers while praising the new "hot" movie.

Now that is a very dumb move. You can share your love for the movie without being a condescending prick.

I mean seriously, is it because there was more practical effects than CGI? Is it because it wasn't a comic book blockbuster? I think critics were just happy to see a movie that wasn't CGI filled, wasn't directed by Michael Bay, or didn't have the word MARVEL in the title.

It's mainly the bandwagon mentality. All you need is 20 media people, few pseudo-intellectuals and a group of critics (with a lot of Twitter followers) saying something similar and boom! - you have a "total masterpiece" on your hands. The fact that a lot of people were calling it a "masterpiece" based solely on the trailers is the only proof you need. Just another case of preconceived notions. And even if you don't feel that the movie is all that great you are expected to say it's an "awesome masterpiece". Otherwise people on the site you're commenting on will turn against you.

Yes, yes, I'm sure there are filmgoers who genuinely feel that this is "the greatest action movie ever", but let's not kid ourselves - most of the that crazy online praising is because of the herd mentality. A lot of people are simply influenced to adopt a certain behavior toward that movie. It happened before, it'll happen again.

By the way, if you guys follow the social media posts from visual effects artists you would know by now that despite what you've heard there are indeed a lot of visual effects in "Mad Max: Fury Road". Big ones, expensive ones. Especially during the most chaotic action sequences.

So those fans of the movie who claim that it's "pure old-school filmmaking that puts to shame all other directors" need to check their facts and pay attention to what the actual visual effects artists are saying. Be informed for once.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Indeed, best science fiction and action movie of the year no doubt.

You agree with everything i said? especially that anyone glad it's back to the R-rated gritty adult formula of the first 2 movies and less family friendly like the PG-13 Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome? i mean Thunderdome was fun and had good acting by Tina Turner and there was that memorable theme song that was a chart topper of 1985, but felt more like a WB studio controlled film as they thought of making a family friendly sequel with a PG-13 rating to get a wider audience and less gritty/violent than the first 2 movies and Miller was less in control of the film as he only did the action sequences but other parts were directed by someone else, afterall Mad Max isn't a family friendly franchise as the first 2 were aimed at adults, yet not as terrible as AVP or Robocop 3 when it comes to watered down sequels to R-rated franchises or as mediocre as Terminator Salavation or Expendables 3 nor as enjoayble as Live Free or Die Hard despite it was good as a Bruce Willis film but missed the gritty nature of the first 3 movies. I'm glad WB gave Miller creative control this time and bring the series back to it's gritty gutsy adult glory that the way the first 2 movies were intended.

And who thinks Tom Hardy is surprisingly good as Max?
    I'm not big fan of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and happy to see more gritty and brutal touches in new one like first two films. Literally all stunts of new film are sheer ecstasy. And believe or not, I rarely use high praise like this. Tom Hardy is great too. He's like more taciturn & violent Shane.

Because it was a well made and well written film plus one of George Miller's comeback movies, and you not a fan of the first 2 movies then? and what do you consider the best action movie of the decade? i like how it used practical effects you know and less CGI which was refreshing.
    They have been many well made action movies over the years, yet none have recieved as much hyperbole as Fury Road. I enjoyed the movie, the action was great, but lets be real: it was a movie was insane action, yet very little plot. Let an internet hating director make a movie with all action and no plot, and they'll get destroyed by critics.

Can you name some better action movies of the decade than Tim? have you even seen the first 2 movies? classic movies. Yet you don't think it's the year's best sci-fi or action film?

And who else thinks this is the best action film of the year besides Kingsman and the best sci-fi movie this year?

Can you name some better action movies of the decade than Tim? have you even seen the first 2 movies? classic movies. Yet you don't think it's the year's best sci-fi or action film?
    I've only seen pieces of the original Mad Max, but I have seen The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome and I liked both.

Here are several action movies of the last decade that I enjoyed more than Fury Road in no particular order, and these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure I could think of a few more.

John Wick
    Captain America: the Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 1

The Raid: Redemption
    Fast 5
    Taken 1
    Avengers 1
    The Dark Knight

Just because a movie relies more on practical effectsthan CGI doesn't automatically make it the best ever. The fact that this movie is getting an almost unheard of amount of praise is confusing to me.

I've only seen pieces of the original Mad Max, but I have seen The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome and I liked both.

Here are several action movies of the last decade that I enjoyed more than Fury Road in no particular order, and these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure I could think of a few more.

John Wick
    Captain America: the Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 1

The Raid: Redemption
    Fast 5
    Taken 1
    Avengers 1
    The Dark Knight

Just because a movie relies more on practical effectsthan CGI doesn't automatically make it the best ever. The fact that this movie is getting an almost unheard of amount of praise is confusing to me.

What about the Equalizer and Djnago Unchained? And do you think its as good as the other MM movies?

Got to watch this yesterday.

Mad Max: Fury Road is a great movie. This is not to say that this is a perfect movie. No movie is. But when you get most things right, then it's the closest thing you can get to a perfect movie. Which is what this movie is.

Good cast. Good acting. Great CGI. Great score. Great action. Nice vehicles. I like the boss villain car in particular as it has a "hearse" feel to it.

The negatives...

Simplistic plot. And where did the trademark car go after the first scene? In the end it would have been nice to see him drive off into the desert in his trademark car [in a restored state] rather than see him disappear into the crowds. Just minor niggles.

Overall great movie.