Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 104

Thread: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Ok, here are some things that bug me, even if some of them are not real mistakes:

    -The playback scene of optimus in the desert, lifting his head.Downright annoying.

    -The reuse of TF1 footage.

    -The very few sound editing mistakes in the german version.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Morethanmeetstheeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Canadian Igloo
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    I don't know if this is a mistake or if I'm hearing it wrong.

    When Sam calls Mikaela after the mental breakdown in his class, I heard Mikaela say " I can't believe you were going stand me up on our first webchat date."

    Is this what she actually said? I've always wondered
    Optimus Prime: "What if we leave, and your wrong?"

    Just one of the few great quotes from ROTF

  3. #53
    Senior Member Z28 Autobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Instantly going from the East Coast to Tucson is a mistake, not an artistic liberty. Miscounting bots at the bottom of the ocean is not an editing choice. And I CERTAINLY don't think trying to assume we are geographically ignorant is a valid reason for the completely ridiculous middle east romp. Let's not make excuses for what happened, Nelson. I WOULD like to hear Michael's comments about these errors, though.

    I still liked the movie, but not for any sense of cohesive plot or sensible writing. I'd even wager to say that MB's creativity and excellent direction was the only thing that saved the movie from a godawful writing job. I'm glad we're picking up some new writers this time around.
    Thank you for putting this in a more poetic way than I could of hoped to deliver. And I hope we get a better 3rd movie.
    Last edited by Z28 Autobot; 11-03-2009 at 06:56 PM.

  4. #54
    Senior Member IHeartBayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morethanmeetstheeye View Post
    When I first saw this part in the movie I thought it was the next day, since Mikaela does change her outfit. We don't really know what time the class was and what time Mikaela got there. Sam's class could have been early and when Alice went to his room could have been later. Remember she had to finish the class Sam got kicked out of. Mikaela just pulled into work when Sam called so it could have been 7-8 her time which is 10-11 his time....
    She said "I'll see you later this afternoon". I assumed the scene in question took place sometime in the morning, for daylights sake, let's say eight o clock. So by sheer dumb luck, she found a flight that was just leaving and immediately bought a ticket for it, seven hours later, she arrives and makes it to Sam in a half hour. So she would arrive at 3:30pm, giving everyone enough daylight for all the badassery that would ensue upon her arrival.

    Just my guess, but I'll buy it.

  5. #55

    Default A fly in the ointment of transformers2.

    there are a few mistakes in TF2

    number1.
    when sam meets simmons at the simmons' shop,
    look at the clock closely.
    you will see that time keeps changing.

    at first is it two twelve.
    and then eleven forty five.
    then eleven fifteen
    then one o clock.


    number2.
    I am not sure whether I can call this a mistake, but there are certain CGI that I thougt was not good.

    1.when sideswipe says "damn I'm good"
    look at his leg, the left one.
    you will see that his leg look so unnatural.

    2.when optiumus says 'I rise, you fall"
    look at the fallen's finger closely
    that looks really unnatural.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,148

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    In the pretitle sequence, when the Fallen attacks the natives, he moves his right foot to step on them (without moving the left), when in the next shot (birds-eye view) the foot that lands down is his left, then his right.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,148

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    2 more Wheelie mistakes.

    1. In the muesum, Wheelie says to Sam "Freshman point the Shard, and watch the magic happen" Sam isn't at college anymore, and how does Wheelie randomly know about it.

    2. When the car falls into the warhouse, Wheelie's box is still inside, yet, Sam doesn't take the box with him when he and Optimus go to the Forest, and Megan and Leo don't have it when they are running over to BB. They don't go back to get it because of the Fallen's broadcast, so how did the box end up inside BB's boot?

  8. #58
    Senior Member Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico, Mexico
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: A fly in the ointment of transformers2.

    Quote Originally Posted by glaumoon View Post
    2.when optiumus says 'I rise, you fall"
    look at the fallen's finger closely
    that looks really unnatural.
    That one is because Prime cuts a small part of the Fallen's fingers. Just after Megatron screams for Starscream, Optimus fires at him and cuts with the sword, he cuts that small part.

    Movie mistakes never bug me, and sometimes they're a little hilarious. Maybe the one that bugs me a little is:
    When Optimus destroys the Harvester and falls with the Fallen, they fall in Karnak, but that's like very far from the pyramids.
    That's probably the only mistake that bugs me a little.

  9. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Hello ALL
    Has anyone notice the repeated scene from the movie "The Island" that appears on "Revenge of the fallen"
    It is the same scene in both movies,
    Can somebody explain to me how is it, that with all the movie they have, they repeat a scene, I mean i've watched THe Island so many times, and then when i went to see T2, i was a bit disappointed , couldnt forget about that, so I waited patiently for the DVD and there it was.
    For all interested: In "The Island" when they are scanning in the city cameras for Lincoln and Jordan, there is one part where they have two girls on the monitor, well, go to T2 on the part when Leo is watching the news about them being fugitives, and there u can see it is the same.
    I know its not a big deal, but for a movie fan, It felt wrong...
    How can I get the attention of Michael Bay on this and if possible his reply.
    Thanks.

    I loved the movie dont get me wrong,its just that that caught my attention other than the little mistakes as any movie has.

  10. #60
    Senior Member BIG Tee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    I
    The Ironhide flighting Demolisher is a perfect example of the other issue I had with the movie. You have these incredible robots beautifully rendered and with amazing personalities and characteristics and they rarely get any screen time or play a relevent part. If they do its so fast you have no idea what happened.

    Ironhide: 5 seconds initial transofrmation. 2 seconds fighting Demolisher. A couple driving scenes. 2 seconds evacuating Sam after forest fight. Most screen time was arguing with military about their deportation. 3 seconds in desert in final battle taking on Bonecrusher look alike.
    I am with you. Ironhide is my boy. He has always been one of my top five transformers (Omega Supreme being #1). I wish we could have seen more of him in ROTF. But I guess they figured Ironhide had enough action scenes in the first TF so that was enough for him. Anyway if he is killed in TF3 I will be deeply hurt and it will probably open old wounds from Transformers:The Movie. However if he does go out I hope he goes out like he did then. He didn't give up easily, he was ready to blast those "punk a** Decepticons".
    Smokescreen: "You're our only hope Omega." Omega Supreme: "Failure: Impossible" - G1 Episode #41 "The Golden Lagoon"

  11. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    The biggest problem I have, unless there is an answer I missed, is that in the first movie the city was trashed, civilians were killed and there were tons of witnesses that the autobots/decepticons were there. Yet, in the second movie, apparently a cover-up was managed. But how? When Shanghai was destroyed the secret about the aliens was out. But why wasn't it out before? Was there a mass hypnosis thing the robots used in the first movie to change memories of the humans or what happened?

  12. #62
    Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,148

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Bay decided that a coverup could be managed, and one place had this tsumami, and soon, everybody forgot about it, Bay decided to use that as a way to cover up the Mission City battle, people forgot. Or as I think, they got put into a Madhouse

  13. #63
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,865

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricardop View Post
    Hello ALL
    Has anyone notice the repeated scene from the movie "The Island" that appears on "Revenge of the fallen"
    It is the same scene in both movies,
    Can somebody explain to me how is it, that with all the movie they have, they repeat a scene, I mean i've watched THe Island so many times, and then when i went to see T2, i was a bit disappointed , couldnt forget about that, so I waited patiently for the DVD and there it was.
    For all interested: In "The Island" when they are scanning in the city cameras for Lincoln and Jordan, there is one part where they have two girls on the monitor, well, go to T2 on the part when Leo is watching the news about them being fugitives, and there u can see it is the same.
    I know its not a big deal, but for a movie fan, It felt wrong...
    How can I get the attention of Michael Bay on this and if possible his reply.
    Thanks.

    I loved the movie dont get me wrong,its just that that caught my attention other than the little mistakes as any movie has.
    Re-using footage is not a mistake as it is an intentional & deliberate decision.

    It's called being practical.

  14. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    saving money, really

  15. #65
    Member The Fallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth, Italy
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    -The reuse of TF1 footage.

    -The thing that Devastator isn't definited.
    We don't know of how many constructicons are made of.

    -reusing of Blackout/Grindor
    My brothers were mere fools...They choosed to not destroy this "Sun" just because there was life in this simple planet...but their sacrifice was useless, now. I claim this "Sun", and his Energon source, for the pride of Decepticon...and my master...

  16. #66
    Senior Member TIMtationX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,089

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    I think the only glaring issue was the Smithsonian in the desert. We catch most of the other things because we're die hard fans. I think the average movie goer didn't catch or didn't care that there was recycled TF1 footage or the mirrored Prime shot. I think everone looked at Jetfire bursting out of the Smithsonian and into an airplane graveyard and went WTF?? I'm sure it was purposely done but come on, people know that there's no airplane boneyard in Virginia.

  17. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    the biggest thing for me...BIGGEST OF ALL...was the recycled soundwave shots...I HATED THAT!!!!!!!!

  18. #68
    Senior Member BIG Tee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    The biggest problem I have, unless there is an answer I missed, is that in the first movie the city was trashed, civilians were killed and there were tons of witnesses that the autobots/decepticons were there. Yet, in the second movie, apparently a cover-up was managed. But how? When Shanghai was destroyed the secret about the aliens was out. But why wasn't it out before? Was there a mass hypnosis thing the robots used in the first movie to change memories of the humans or what happened?
    Actually it was out before. Leo mentioned the robots destroying Los Angeles when he was briefing Sam on The Real Effing Deal.
    Last edited by BIG Tee; 11-19-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    Smokescreen: "You're our only hope Omega." Omega Supreme: "Failure: Impossible" - G1 Episode #41 "The Golden Lagoon"

  19. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    ^



    BAM!!....uuh...what am i doing here?

  20. #70
    Senior Member Mr.Gabba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    380

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by littleman794 View Post
    ^



    BAM!!....uuh...what am i doing here?
    :lol

    some light from Venus reflecting off the gas from a weather balloon.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

  21. #71
    Senior Member Bot Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern California.
    Posts
    3,113

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG Tee View Post
    I am with you. Ironhide is my boy. He has always been one of my top five transformers (Omega Supreme being #1). I wish we could have seen more of him in ROTF. But I guess they figured Ironhide had enough action scenes in the first TF so that was enough for him. Anyway if he is killed in TF3 I will be deeply hurt and it will probably open old wounds from Transformers:The Movie. However if he does go out I hope he goes out like he did then. He didn't give up easily, he was ready to blast those "punk a** Decepticons".
    Can I get an AMEN, bother!!!??!!!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

  22. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    I don't get why Ironhide is in Shanghai, he doesn't do anything.
    He dosent do anything? then whats this?


    theres ironhide shooting demolishro wheels

  23. #73
    Senior Member Ed Fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    884

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I think the only glaring issue was the Smithsonian in the desert. We catch most of the other things because we're die hard fans. I think the average movie goer didn't catch or didn't care that there was recycled TF1 footage or the mirrored Prime shot. I think everone looked at Jetfire bursting out of the Smithsonian and into an airplane graveyard and went WTF?? I'm sure it was purposely done but come on, people know that there's no airplane boneyard in Virginia.
    I would be willing to bet that most people have NO idea that there isn't an airplane boneyard in Virginia (if asked). Now, I've been to the Smithsonian, so I know that there isn't a boneyard, but before I went to D.C. and the museum, I had very little knowledge of the geography of the city, spaces, and buildings, and therefore it would not seem all that ridiculous to me if I didn't know what the Smithsonian looked like, and consequently, whether or not there was a aircraft boneyard next to it, if it was surrounded by a moat, or if it was next to a giant statue honoring the brave goldfish that lost their lives during Vietnam.

    My point is that I think that you are overestimating the knowledge that people have regarding these sort of things that would seem "obvious", and/or overestimating the number of people who have been to the Smithsonian and consequently their knowledge of it and it's surrounding area.

    Now, it's possible that by looking at the background of the scene they could come to the conclusion that it wasn't the same location, but that's completely different.

    What's also interesting is that because of the movie, there is a very good chance that lots of people now think that there is a boneyard outside the Smithsonian, and will ask people where it is when they visit. The power of suggestion is amazing.


    Just remember (and I hope I'm not dating myself too much with this reference),

    "The Alamo... in the basement."


    Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

  24. #74
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I would be willing to bet that most people have NO idea that there isn't an airplane boneyard in Virginia (if asked). Now, I've been to the Smithsonian, so I know that there isn't a boneyard, but before I went to D.C. and the museum, I had very little knowledge of the geography of the city, spaces, and buildings, and therefore it would not seem all that ridiculous to me if I didn't know what the Smithsonian looked like, and consequently, whether or not there was a aircraft boneyard next to it, if it was surrounded by a moat, or if it was next to a giant statue honoring the brave goldfish that lost their lives during Vietnam.

    My point is that I think that you are overestimating the knowledge that people have regarding these sort of things that would seem "obvious", and/or overestimating the number of people who have been to the Smithsonian and consequently their knowledge of it and it's surrounding area.

    Now, it's possible that by looking at the background of the scene they could come to the conclusion that it wasn't the same location, but that's completely different.

    What's also interesting is that because of the movie, there is a very good chance that lots of people now think that there is a boneyard outside the Smithsonian, and will ask people where it is when they visit. The power of suggestion is amazing.


    Just remember (and I hope I'm not dating myself too much with this reference),

    "The Alamo... in the basement."


    Ed Fuego
    Well, the terrain and background were also remarkably different. It didn't stop me from going to see it in theaters, and it didn't keep me from buying the BD. It just bugged me is all.

  25. #75
    Senior Member r-type's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,578

    Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I would be willing to bet that most people have NO idea that there isn't an airplane boneyard in Virginia (if asked). Now, I've been to the Smithsonian, so I know that there isn't a boneyard, but before I went to D.C. and the museum, I had very little knowledge of the geography of the city, spaces, and buildings, and therefore it would not seem all that ridiculous to me if I didn't know what the Smithsonian looked like, and consequently, whether or not there was a aircraft boneyard next to it, if it was surrounded by a moat, or if it was next to a giant statue honoring the brave goldfish that lost their lives during Vietnam.

    My point is that I think that you are overestimating the knowledge that people have regarding these sort of things that would seem "obvious", and/or overestimating the number of people who have been to the Smithsonian and consequently their knowledge of it and it's surrounding area.

    Now, it's possible that by looking at the background of the scene they could come to the conclusion that it wasn't the same location, but that's completely different.

    What's also interesting is that because of the movie, there is a very good chance that lots of people now think that there is a boneyard outside the Smithsonian, and will ask people where it is when they visit. The power of suggestion is amazing.


    Just remember (and I hope I'm not dating myself too much with this reference),

    "The Alamo... in the basement."


    Ed Fuego
    Exactly.


    And although we may have laughed at Pee Wee, it was he who got the last laugh in the end over Frances.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •