Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

Quote Originally Posted by haut_bas_clair View Post
    The only thing that bugged me - beside Fox's white pants ability to stay white throughout the entire movie - is the tiny annoying recycle shot from the Island that they used.

It a security cam shot of a crowded place with a woman - classy and dressed all in black - walking by.

That's it, nothing major, I'm OK.
    I guess the UAV taking off from Eagle Eye didn't bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Considering how long this movie ran I doubted it was an option.

Don't most new hugh-end GM cars now come with a First Aid Kit? I know Subarus do.

That's not a mistake, it was a conscious editing decision.
    Well you had me there Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Any at all, like the Punch in the glass at the party, tire marks, scenes not cut properly, Dev's balls etc

I have 3:

1. The Smithsonian to Airforce Graveyard
    2. Wheelie's disappearence
    3. Proberly the one that bugs me the most. The midget guy guarding the border in Egypt. He let BB and Wheelie through because of what Simmons said about Sam, Leo, and Megan being his kids. So how did Mudflap and Skids get through? Wouldn't it be better if Sam and Leo were in them or something, cos' what are their holograms going to do?

you got any? The film has tons of them, the critics can't stop about them, but just the ones that creep into your mind everytime.
    I think this thread should be renamed to "Editing or Artistic Liberties Taken That I Do Not Like."

Senior Member Morethanmeetstheeye's Avatar

Fox's pants did get dirty didn't they? Maybe not as dirty as they should have....
    Optimus Prime: "What if we leave, and your wrong?"

Just one of the few great quotes from ROTF

Drake

I think this thread should be renamed to "Editing or Artistic Liberties Taken That I Do Not Like."

Instantly going from the East Coast to Tucson is a mistake, not an artistic liberty. Miscounting bots at the bottom of the ocean is not an editing choice. And I CERTAINLY don't think trying to assume we are geographically ignorant is a valid reason for the completely ridiculous middle east romp. Let's not make excuses for what happened, Nelson. I WOULD like to hear Michael's comments about these errors, though.

I still liked the movie, but not for any sense of cohesive plot or sensible writing. I'd even wager to say that MB's creativity and excellent direction was the only thing that saved the movie from a godawful writing job. I'm glad we're picking up some new writers this time around.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Morethanmeetstheeye View Post
    Fox's pants did get dirty didn't they? Maybe not as dirty as they should have....

I don't know about Egypt, but the stuff in Iraq is like talc, and all the jumping about probably kept any of it from sticking..

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Instantly going from the East Coast to Tucson is a mistake, not an artistic liberty. Miscounting bots at the bottom of the ocean is not an editing choice. And I CERTAINLY don't think trying to assume we are geographically ignorant is a valid reason for the completely ridiculous middle east romp. Let's not make excuses for what happened, Nelson. I WOULD like to hear Michael's comments about these errors, though.

I still liked the movie, but not for any sense of cohesive plot or sensible writing. I'd even wager to say that MB's creativity and excellent direction was the only thing that saved the movie from a godawful writing job. I'm glad we're picking up some new writers this time around.
    AFAIK TF3 only has one writer and it's one of the writers of ROTF, and he's also the one rumored(as far as I've read elsewhere) to be the one who added a lot of the immature jokes, ala farting.

I take rumors with a grain of salt though. I'm still optimistic.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

I don't know about Egypt, but the stuff in Iraq is like talc, and all the jumping about probably kept any of it from sticking..
    I don't know, I remember watching ROTF saturday and somebody pointed out that her pants don't get dirty, so I looked to see if they did. I noticed that as soon as they got out of the space bridge and they hit the groud they were dirty.....

Banned

Ya ok remember the dirty pants now... Nelson do you know anything about who was killed for megs parts?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I don't get why Ironhide is in Shanghai, he doesn't do anything.

Of course he does, he aided in Demolisher's demise. He was on one of the wheels, blasting it until it exploded, sending Demolisher to his doom.

Instantly going from the East Coast to Tucson is a mistake, not an artistic liberty.
    As much as you may not like it, it is artistic license. It was a conscious decision done by Bay, He even talks about it on the commentary. It's not like Bay didn't know Virginia and Arizona weren't next to each other.

Just because dogs don't take a naps under a pull-over lake, doesn't mean Dali is wrong.

Code:
    Miscounting bots at the bottom of the ocean is not an editing choice.
    I'll give you that one.

And I CERTAINLY don't think trying to assume we are geographically ignorant is a valid reason for the completely ridiculous middle east romp.
    Again, artistic license. I'm sure Bay knows the middle east. He just isn't going to be showing you each location's geographical relevance to the other. You should have gotten the hint with the Air Museum/Arizona thing.

Quote Originally Posted by IHeartBayhem View Post
    Of course he does, he aided in Demolisher's demise. He was on one of the wheels, blasting it until it exploded, sending Demolisher to his doom.
    Yes. He was the one that went "OOOHHH!!!" after Demolishor fell off the highway. He's hard to see but he's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Yes. He was the one that went "OOOHHH!!!" after Demolishor fell off the highway. He's hard to see but he's there.
    Really? I've never noticed Ironhide there. And I always thought that it was Demolisher saying "OOOHHH" since he just got blasted by Prime and then skids off the highway.

I must rewatch now.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Banned

i know that hes the one that was shooting his wheel, but i dont remember anyone saying "ooohh"..hmm...well, another thing is that ironhide bearly does anything in the desert..the only ppl that do stuff there are op, jetfire, and a little bit of bumblebee

When Megatron and Starscream are supposedly on a roof in Manhattan, New York, it clearly is downtown Los Angeles, California.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
    When Megatron and Starscream are supposedly on a roof in Manhattan, New York, it clearly is downtown Los Angeles, California.

I don't think it was ever mentioned in the movie where they were.

I guess the UAV taking off from Eagle Eye didn't bother you?
    Did not notice it.

...If only I had received my copy, it could have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
    But weren't they on top of the MetLife building? Or is there one in LA too?

These aren't really mistakes but they are kind of inaccuracies.

1. Optimus flip/switch scene at the end when he looks up, then looks down.
    2. Mikaela flying out to get Sam. She arrived way too quickly. It would have taken at least 7 hours, if she found a flight at that exact time.
    3. The pretender scene would have earned a lot of attention from police, the swat team, fire department, and eventually military.

I think Ive finally accepted the "mistakes" after many viewings. Initially they bothered me greatly. I think it came down to my personal expectations thats were never realized. The mistakes and continuity issues didnt appear to be difficult ones to over come and fix so I got the feeling that the powers that be either ran out of time or were lazy. (doesnt matter anymore)

The Ironhide flighting Demolisher is a perfect example of the other issue I had with the movie. You have these incredible robots beautifully rendered and with amazing personalities and characteristics and they rarely get any screen time or play a relevent part. If they do its so fast you have no idea what happened.

Ironhide: 5 seconds initial transofrmation. 2 seconds fighting Demolisher. A couple driving scenes. 2 seconds evacuating Sam after forest fight. Most screen time was arguing with military about their deportation. 3 seconds in desert in final battle taking on Bonecrusher look alike.

Ratchet: A couple driving scenes. 2 seconds evacuating Sam after forest fight. Most screen time was arguing with military about their deportation. 2 seconds seeing him cock the gun on his arm in the final desert battle. 2 seconds telling Jolt to hook up Jetfire and OP.

Sideswipe: 7 seconds to kill Sideways. A couple driving scenes. 2 seconds evacuating Sam after forest fight. 3 seconds arguing with military about their deportation. 2 seconds shooting in the final desert battle.

Jolt: A couple driving scenes. 3 seconds while others argued about deportation. 3 seconds to hook up Jetfire and OP.

It wasnt until I got the BluRay and watched about 20 min of the movie in Slo Mo could I finally understand and appriciate a little more of the movie. This isnt a bad thing as I appriciate the extreme detail but I also feel that as a viewer I shouldnt have to watch a movie in slo mo to understand who is doing what and where.

Again just my opinion and I like the movie more everytime I watch it since Im always seeing new things. I am only critical because I like what Bay has done for the Transformers series so much and as a result I have probably unrealistic expectations. "Shoot for perfection!!"

Banned

Wow... Thanks for those stats man! You see people, the only robots that got decent screen time were bee, op, m/s,wheelie, jetfire, megs, and starscream.... Ypu dont even see much of the fallen!! all the rest u see are for a few minutes TOTAL fighting, driving, etc... That's sad....a robot movie barely any robots doing real stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    2. Mikaela flying out to get Sam. She arrived way too quickly. It would have taken at least 7 hours, if she found a flight at that exact time.
    When I first saw this part in the movie I thought it was the next day, since Mikaela does change her outfit. We don't really know what time the class was and what time Mikaela got there. Sam's class could have been early and when Alice went to his room could have been later. Remember she had to finish the class Sam got kicked out of. Mikaela just pulled into work when Sam called so it could have been 7-8 her time which is 10-11 his time....

Quote Originally Posted by littleman794 View Post
    Wow... Thanks for those stats man! You see people, the only robots that got decent screen time were bee, op, m/s,wheelie, jetfire, megs, and starscream.... Ypu dont even see much of the fallen!! all the rest u see are for a few minutes TOTAL fighting, driving, etc... That's sad....a robot movie barely any robots doing real stuff..
    The times are just me guessing based on my memory. So dont quote my exact screen times

To be honest this is were my dislike of the twins originates. I think adding the twins at the expense of less screen time for Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe and Jolt was not a good choice. As Nelson stated this is an artistic choice and mearly just my opinion.

As Ive stated before I was hoping for an epic battle between Ironhide, Ratchet and Sideswipe vs Devastator. Once of my favorite scenes from TF1 was when Jazz, Ironhide, and Ratchet took on (ironically enough) Devastator but really Brawl. Although it wasnt long enough either.

Banned

Yes... The twins certainly did take up too much time...

Not even op got much time seeing as he was dead