Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Question Are there any mistakes that bug you?

Any at all, like the Punch in the glass at the party, tire marks, scenes not cut properly, Dev's balls etc

I have 3:

1. The Smithsonian to Airforce Graveyard
    2. Wheelie's disappearence
    3. Proberly the one that bugs me the most. The midget guy guarding the border in Egypt. He let BB and Wheelie through because of what Simmons said about Sam, Leo, and Megan being his kids. So how did Mudflap and Skids get through? Wouldn't it be better if Sam and Leo were in them or something, cos' what are their holograms going to do?

you got any? The film has tons of them, the critics can't stop about them, but just the ones that creep into your mind everytime.

Default Re: Are there any mistakes that bug you?

The Smithsonian issue, just because I live in Tucson and it made everyone in the theater laugh or moan...

Wheelie's disappearance,(although he could have been back in the box)

other than that, it would be nit picky...
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

-How Megatron was rebuilt so fast. I wished they showed the building process.
    -Where did Mikaela get the gauze and bandages for Sam's hand?
    -How they flipped and played backwards the shot where Prime lifts his head in Egypt.

How they flipped and played backwards the shot where Prime lifts his head in Egypt.
    That one was not noticable at all till i read it just now.

The only thing which bugged me from day one was how they got the flashlights for the tomb of the primes.

every movie has mistakes. Some ppl make a living out of finding them (dont' mean to say its you) but there is a dedicated site called 'movie mistakes' i think...

^Exactly my thoughts Trailbreaker. Plus:

-How Soundwave rocketed Ravage to the ship with the Contructicons over the Lorentian Abyss? (how did he fly from the US base with one of the last remaining All-spark shards to the ship?)

-Doubles of the Contructions?

-It's not really a mistake but its a plot flaw - if the Fallen can only be defeated by a Prime, and Megatron beated Optimus Prime... what gives?

-Since when does a Transformer scan a human? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Any at all, like the Punch in the glass at the party, tire marks, scenes not cut properly, Dev's balls etc

I have 3:

1. The Smithsonian to Airforce Graveyard
    2. Wheelie's disappearence
    3. Proberly the one that bugs me the most. The midget guy guarding the border in Egypt. He let BB and Wheelie through because of what Simmons said about Sam, Leo, and Megan being his kids. So how did Mudflap and Skids get through? Wouldn't it be better if Sam and Leo were in them or something, cos' what are their holograms going to do?

you got any? The film has tons of them, the critics can't stop about them, but just the ones that creep into your mind everytime.
    The only thing that bugged me was Mikaela's appearance and attitude. I was looking at and listening to a completely different person and I found it really jarring. Honestly, it bugged me!
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by EpicBacons View Post
    -It's not really a mistake but its a plot flaw - if the Fallen can only be defeated by a Prime, and Megatron beated Optimus Prime... what gives?
    Megatron is a prime

When the navy states 5 going down to Meg's Body then later announce 6 coming back, forgetting that "ze little one" was killed.
    Does my 93 Feroza count as a Transformer if it can turn into a DRIVEWAY?

In the novel (and perhaps in the early script too), Skids and Mudflap easily passed the checkpoint because they had Gisele bundchen and Tyra Banks look-alike holo-drivers (I wish we could see that scene in the film too).

In the novel again, Prime wasn't dead, he was in "stasis lock" instead. In the film, the Fallen said "Only Prime can defeat me" and Jetfire said "Only Prime can defeat the Fallen" not "Only Prime can defeat Prime". (Once I was confused about this, too.) I guess it might have something to do with what Primes did to the Fallen in the past, something their lineage was born/built with might had been binding down their evil brother until the last Prime died. (Sounds more like a fairytale than a Sci-Fi, though. This "not dead but merely sleeping/weakened" leading-motive reminds me of "an evil witch vs a pretty little sleeping beauty" archetype. ) So I'd rather call this "a lack of full explanation" than a mistake.

Megatron is a prime
    I don't know, because they say that Optimus was a decendant of the last Prime's. The Fallen or anybody else never insinuated that Megatron is a decendant of the Prime's. Although Megatron and Optimus were the leaders of Cybertron before war broke out, and bascially the Fallen was the evil emperor and Megatron was Annikin Skywalker in a way.

When Optimus Prime says "you left me no choice brother" I don't he means generally, I think he means as a race... you know how other religions call upon each other as brothers and sisters even though they are figuratively not related at all.

Banned

The ones that drive me crazy are

5 going down 6 coming up
    Doubles!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wheelie dissapearing
    Devastator getting owned to easily (not really a mistake but whatev)

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    In the novel again, Prime wasn't dead, he was in "stasis lock" instead. In the film, the Fallen said "Only Prime can defeat me" and Jetfire said "Only Prime can defeat the Fallen" not "Only Prime can defeat Prime". (Once I was confused about this, too.) I guess it might have something to do with what Primes did to the Fallen in the past, something their lineage was born/built with might had been binding down their evil brother until the last Prime died. (Sounds more like a fairytale than a Sci-Fi, though. This "not dead but merely sleeping/weakened" leading-motive reminds me of "an evil witch vs a pretty little sleeping beauty" archetype. ) So I'd rather call this "a lack of full explanation" than a mistake.
    Yeah, I see what your saying - which is why I can't wait for the movie-verse novel/comics, which should help to an extent.

I wonder though, is Megatron in equal or a-notch-above in strength to the Fallen? It definately makes my head spin a little.

Banned

Less the fallen was waasy more strong...and could lift up 50 tanks at once

I don't know, because they say that Optimus was a decendant of the last Prime's. The Fallen or anybody else never insinuated that Megatron is a decendant of the Prime's. Although Megatron and Optimus were the leaders of Cybertron before war broke out, and bascially the Fallen was the evil emperor and Megatron was Annikin Skywalker in a way.

When Optimus Prime says "you left me no choice brother" I don't he means generally, I think he means as a race... you know how other religions call upon each other as brothers and sisters even though they are figuratively not related at all.
    but if he does mean biological brother, then that would explain why starscream hasn't killed him off. I think the Fallen was reffering to the last prime that is a threat to him

^Exactly my thoughts Trailbreaker. Plus:

Let's not forget that Optimus was stabbed in the back by Megatron, so it's not like he was killed in a fair fight. We saw what was going on in the fight, if Megatron wasn't a coward, Optimus would've killed them all.

Alice was a pretender, not a 100% accurate one, more of an updated version from traditional Transformer lore.

As for the 5 becoming 6, I say the doctor counted as one, and I'm sticking with it.

The only bits that bugged me were Wheelie and the Twins disappearing, especially the Twins considering the time we spent with them. Would've been happy if the Twins, at the very least, were present at the scene where Leo and Simmons were helping the downed helicopter pilots.

Here's one little thing that I just noticed. The part after Skids yells "you shot me in the face!" and Simmons says "Stay under it!" Mudflap is in front of Leo and looks REALLY small (almost smaller than Leo!) very briefly for like two miliseconds, and is suddenly big again when he walks around and says "Yeah stay under it!"

Are my eyes deceiving me?

After Prime is killed, the nightscene where Sam says to BB ''i understand if you hate me...'' and BB says a few things then transforms, when Sam leans against BB and BB kinda pushes sam forward in car mode, you can see the person in the drivers seat of BB and that person moves his head slightly...

In the frat party, when sam gets a drink, his cup is full, then half, then full again all in same scene.

and the flashlight scene in the tomb of the primes...how did they get the flashlights?

Banned

lol, i didn't notice the cup one is the cup half full, or half empty?

The only thing that bugged me - beside Fox's white pants ability to stay white throughout the entire movie - is the tiny annoying recycle shot from the Island that they used.

It a security cam shot of a crowded place with a woman - classy and dressed all in black - walking by.

That's it, nothing major, I'm OK.

Banned

another thing that bugs me, is ..if you look...when the secdef was talking in tf1 saying that they have dispatched troops to the ocean and its as real as its ever gonna get, that shot of the carriers looks like the same shot as when the protoforms come down and smash the carriers

In the comic adaptation, it scans an Alice in Wonderland robotic Alice.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Banned

^ awesome!! i didn't know that!! thats interesting information thanks man!

but if he does mean biological brother, then that would explain why starscream hasn't killed him off. I think the Fallen was reffering to the last prime that is a threat to him
    I think the whole Prime thing goes like this:
    The Fallen sayed only a prime could kill him, but i think he means it different.I think only a prime is POWERFULL enough to kill him in a fair way.Which technically doesnt mean a prime cant be killed by others.

I think Fallen was always strong enough to defeat Optimus Prime, but because he was the only Autobot that is a danger, even if only a little one, the decepticons didnt wanted to risk something, so he send Megatron to kill prime.Easy.

Yeah, it doesn't actually show the robot scan the animatronic Alice. Leo discovers it while watching tv after Alice kicked him out of the room so she could "F" sam's world up. He noticed a commercial for an animatronic Alice in Wonderland thing and realizes that the Alice at school looks exactly the same as the animatronic one.

Part of his line is still in the movie, when he comes to the room he says something like "You bed-girl Alice is a...."
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    -How Megatron was rebuilt so fast. I wished they showed the building process.
    Considering how long this movie ran I doubted it was an option.

-Where did Mikaela get the gauze and bandages for Sam's hand?
    Don't most new hugh-end GM cars now come with a First Aid Kit? I know Subarus do.

-How they flipped and played backwards the shot where Prime lifts his head in Egypt.
    That's not a mistake, it was a conscious editing decision.