Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havester NOT in the Great Pyramid?

Default Havester NOT in the Great Pyramid?

For all of these years, I've gotten the impression that the Great Pyramid of Giza was the one with the white cap on top. That was the one in the movie that housed the Harvester. I'm reading about the Pyramids on Wiki, and it says that the Great Pyramid, or Pyramid of Khufu, is actually the one up North. The second largest one, the Pyramid of Khafre, is the one in the middle, which has the white cap. THIS one has the Harvester. (TFWiki apparently got it all wrong.)

Who here is just as confused as I am?

Senior Member Morethanmeetstheeye's Avatar

Default Re: Havester NOT in the Great Pyramid?

Did they say that Havester was in the Great Pyramid? I didn't really hear that....

I'm confused as well....
    Optimus Prime: "What if we leave, and your wrong?"

Just one of the few great quotes from ROTF

I don't remember it being mentioned in the movie. All I remember Simmons saying was "the machine is in 'the pyramid.'" i.e. the one Devastator was climbing up.

I always had the impression that the one in the middle was THE Great Pyramid. I guess the white casing stone on top that made it stand out among the others was what confused me (and the folks on TFWiki). Why they chose to build the smaller one over the Harvester is beyond me, one would think it would make more sense for the Great Pyramid of Giza to be housing the harvester. Maybe the Pyramid of Khafre just looked the coolest to the filmmakers.

Drake

Doesn't help that the pyramids changed during shots. Seriously, if I were MB, I'd keep a wary eye on my writers this time around.

Banned

I am! So does that mean they didn't really go to the pyramids of Giza?

Quote Originally Posted by littleman794 View Post
    I am! So does that mean they didn't really go to the pyramids of Giza?
    They did. But the harvester is not in the GREAT Pyramid, i.e. the Pyramid of Khufu.

Now here's a question, does that big pit at the foot of Khafre that Devastator climbed out of really exist?

Banned

LOL probably not

Quote Originally Posted by littleman794 View Post
    LOL probably not
    Nope. I can't see it on any image I Google. Doesn't show up on Google Earth either.

Maybe Jetfire did accidentally teleport them to another dimension, one where Egypt looks like Wadi Rum, Petra is just a short drive form Giza, there's some old village near the Giza complex, and there's a giant pit at the foot of Khafre's Pyramid.

Banned

LOL that would be hilarious

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Isn't that the pit in the top right hand corner

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Isn't that the pit in the top right hand corner
    I think that's it!

Haha, nice find!

I think in the movie, Devestator was ripping apart the middle pyramid. I remember seeing an ariel view and you can see the small pyramid off to the side.

I don't know for sure though

I was under the impression that although they filmed at Giza, the harvester was at a fictional pyramid complex in the movie, like how Mission City was a fictional city although it was filmed in L.A.

As I understand it, after they were teleported to Egypt, they drove and spent the night at Giza, then they drove to Petra in Jordan and doubled back to the Dagger's Tip, where the fictional pyramid (and harvester) is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Magnus View Post
    I was under the impression that although they filmed at Giza, the harvester was at a fictional pyramid complex in the movie, like how Mission City was a fictional city although it was filmed in L.A.

As I understand it, after they were teleported to Egypt, they drove and spent the night at Giza, then they drove to Petra in Jordan and doubled back to the Dagger's Tip, where the fictional pyramid (and harvester) is.
    Maybe, I remember reading somewhere that Tyrese said he never went to Egypt to film. So maybe they filmed the "Egypt" scenes in Egypt and just eveything together to make it look like Egypt. You can see (if I remember correctly) that during the war you can see the pyramids in the background, so I really don't know...

But that goes against Jetfire's little riddle. "When dawn alights the Dagger's Tip, Three Kings will lead to the doorway." The three kings represent Orion's Belt, like Sam says. He also says that the three pyramids were built to align with them. So far we all know that the real Pyramids of Giza are aligned with the three Kings (not to mention the fact that they were built for three pharaohs too), so the pyramids in the movie are in fact suppose to be the Pyramids of Giza.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    But that goes against Jetfire's little riddle. "When dawn alights the Dagger's Tip, Three Kings will lead to the doorway." The three kings represent Orion's Belt, like Sam says. He also says that the three pyramids were built to align with them. So far we all know that the real Pyramids of Giza are aligned with the three Kings (not to mention the fact that they were built for three pharaohs too), so the pyramids in the movie are in fact suppose to be the Pyramids of Giza.
    I just read the relevant part of the novel again, and you're right, according to that, at dawn on the Dagger's Tip, so when the sun started to rise when seen at the Dagger's Tip, the Three Kings and Orion's Belt when seen at Giza would point to Jordan. From Giza, they went to Petra, and from there they went to the Dagger's Tip, which was where the drop zone for NEST was, and it's also where another set of pyramids with the Harvester is (although they didn't know that at the time).

Long story short: What I meant was that the Giza pyramids are not the same as the Harvester pyramids, even though it was all filmed at Giza.
    Last edited by Ultra Magnus; 11-01-2009 at 06:37 PM.

From Giza, they went to Petra, and from there they went to the Dagger's Tip, which was where the drop zone for NEST was, and it's also where another set of pyramids with the Harvester is (although they didn't know that at the time).

Long story short: What I meant was that the Giza pyramids are not the same as the Harvester pyramids, even though it was all filmed at Giza.
    So Sam and co. went from Giza to fictional pyramid land? well, that could explain the giant pit from which Devastator climbed out of, as well as the ruined Egyptian village where the battle took place which clearly doesn't exist in real Giza.

Despite that though, I do think the filmmakers intended Giza to the location of the Harvester. After all those are the pyramids everyone's familiar with. But what burns me is how they always refer to the center one as "The Great Pyramid" when it's really the one to the North. Like I said before, it's distinguishing stone casing up top as well as it's position tends to throw people off. Somebody needs to go tell that to TFwiki.

The second largest one, the Pyramid of Khafre, is the one in the middle, which has the white cap. THIS one has the Harvester. (TFWiki apparently got it all wrong
    That is way I never use Wikipedia as a source, it's not reliable.

All-in-all I guess Bay used the Second Pyramid because it looks more appealing. To be honest, having entered the pyramids, the Second is a much better pyramid to be housing the harvestor!
    Ultra Magnus:"I know you're BORED, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership come obligations."
    Rodimus Prime:"Mmm... Don't suppose I could interest you in a used mantle?"

So Sam and co. went from Giza to fictional pyramid land? well, that could explain the giant pit from which Devastator climbed out of, as well as the ruined Egyptian village where the battle took place which clearly doesn't exist in real Giza.

Despite that though, I do think the filmmakers intended Giza to the location of the Harvester. After all those are the pyramids everyone's familiar with. But what burns me is how they always refer to the center one as "The Great Pyramid" when it's really the one to the North. Like I said before, it's distinguishing stone casing up top as well as it's position tends to throw people off. Somebody needs to go tell that to TFwiki.
    It looked like the picture posted by Bot of Badassness looks to have showed the pit Devestator crawled out of....idk

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I still think its the real deal. You can see in the picture the pyramid megs was on

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    That is way I never use Wikipedia as a source, it's not reliable.

All-in-all I guess Bay used the Second Pyramid because it looks more appealing. To be honest, having entered the pyramids, the Second is a much better pyramid to be housing the harvestor!
    Well actually, I was referring to the Transformers wiki, and they're usually very good about TF information, considering the site is run by fans. But this time they got it wrong!

Wikipedia's ROTF article doesn't even mention the harvester being in a certain pyramid. They just say "one of the pyramids."

A teacher of mine once said, "it's better to be vaguely right than exactly wrong." The winner here? Wikipedia!

[QUOTE=Trailbreaker;110285]Well actually, I was referring to the Transformers wiki, and they're usually very good about TF information, considering the site is run by fans. But this time they got it wrong! [/OUOTE]

lol Sorry, I just realised the mistake I made - My Bad
    Ultra Magnus:"I know you're BORED, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership come obligations."
    Rodimus Prime:"Mmm... Don't suppose I could interest you in a used mantle?"

Drake

So, uh... how did they get from Egypt to Jordan? Jordan isn't exactly next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    So, uh... how did they get from Egypt to Jordan? Jordan isn't exactly next door.
    They took the same road that took them from D.C. to Arizona, Movie Magic Ave.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    They took the same road that took them from D.C. to Arizona, Movie Magic Ave.

That scene was even more ridiculous for me, because I've been stationed south of Tucson. I was like "WTF are they doing at Davis-Monthan? Weren't they on the east coast?"

I've driven by that airplane graveyard several times.