Thread: ROTF DVD Audio Commentary

Default ROTF DVD Audio Commentary

I love MIchael Bay's commentaries but the ROTF one was definitely my least favorite.

It is not because of what Michael Bay talked about in the commentary. It is because they spliced the Writers commentary into Michael Bay's commentary.

I wish they were 2 separate audio tracks instead.

Because I feel that out of all commentaries I have listened to, Michael Bay is the most entertaining commentator to listen to because he has really amusing and funny stories to tell and he doesn't get too technical. He adds alot of humor to it and tells great stories about what happened on the set.

But then this one seemed like the writers talked even more than Michael Bay.

So that bit really bugged me. Other than that, his commentary (for the parts that he's commentating on) is really good.
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Default Re: ROTF DVD Audio Commentary

I didn't have a problem with the track. In terms of audio tracks, how is it any different than when the tracks were spliced (with some of the cast) for the Criterion Commentaries? It felt kind of the same in that regard.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

"Let the critics say whatever...they're not funny"

So true, Mike.

Loved the commentary.

I like what Michael had to say in the commentary, I think that this feature would have been stronger if it had been 2 separate tracks.

In Armageddon and The Rock, he actually talks more than the actors so I didn't have a problem with that.

But the writers had alot to say and I was more interested in hearing what Michael had to say about those scenes.
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

I look forward to listening to the commentary. Am kinda disappointed that Bay and the writers weren't in the same room. Commentaries like that can feel kind of sloppy, the Spider-Man commentary is a prime example, couldn't get through that one.

There were a couple of points that I was hoping that he would talk about, like the ravage & bumble bee scene.

I thought the commentary was pretty good; although the splicing of different tracks is always a little weird. I enjoyed the writers' insight into the scenes and story. You can tell they really know their craft. More often than not, a lot of what Michael Bat talks about ends up in some special feature anyway, so I didn't feel like I was missing out on much from him.