Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predators

Default Re: Predators

What? A new Predator script? Must we be maybe glad about a remake of Predator? Or how may I understand this?!
    Sam Witwicky: He peed on you? Bad Mojo! Bad!
    Ironhide: Bad Mojo! Ugh, my foot's gonna rust...

I hope its better than AVP and AVPR.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/09/27/...-in-predators/

Firm details on producer Robert Rodriguez and director Nimrod Antal’s Predators are pretty thin on the ground. We know that Alex Litvak has been writing the script and that much of the film is going to be shot on Rodriguez’ Troublemaker lot with some location shooting likely to take place in Hawaii, but besides the much discussed and seemingly impossible cameo role from Arnold Schwarzenegger there hasn’t even been much talk of any possible cast members. Who will be making up the human contingent, the team of commandos facing off against a whole heap of crab-faced Predators? The first name has been revealed, and it’s not a surprisingly a member of the Rodriguez rep company, none other than Machete himself, Danny Trejo.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/31/...ost-predators/

Part of the interesting story behind Predators is that Fox is reportedly letting Nimrod Antal, Robert Rodriguez and Troublemaker Studios have their way with the project. At Comic Con, Rodriguez said they were just going to hole up in Austin and make the movie their way. But we knew the film wouldn’t entirely be shot there, and one report suggests the film won’t be based entirely in the Texas Hill Country, as the production has been scouting jungles in Hawaii. That sounds more like a Predator movie, at least.
    Here’s the salient bit from the site Reel Hawaii:
    Scouts for 20th Century Fox’s $40-million creature feature are back on the Big Island for their third week of scouting Hawaii most of it where a lot of jungles have been looked at. The production would film for 18 days with an October start if the Hawaii portion is a go.

The Predators shoot reportedly starts later this month in Austin; Nimrod Antal is deep in pre-production right now while Rodriquez and crew are finishing up the Machete shoot. We still don’t know much about the picture at all. None of the locked cast has been revealed, assuming that any key members are actually locked. (Not a point to worry; casting can go right to the wire.) We’ve been told that the film has a group of soldiers landing on the Predator planet, where they have to face the horrors and danger one expects in that sort of situation.

Love Predator, so I'll def give this a shot.
    "to punish and enslave"

Default OLD Predator 3 rumors

From AvPGalaxy: Predator 3 Rumours

Release Date

Like Alien 5, Predator 3 is still in the "rumoured" phase. I think it probably has a lesser chance of being made than Alien 5. There's still lots that can be done with the Predator series but I don't think it would be hugely successful at the box office whereas Alien 5 would be. The Alien series is more well-known and it has the likes of Ridley Scott and James Cameron attached to Alien 5. Predator 3 doesn't have any strong people connected to it.

The Director

The director for Predator 3 is anybody's guess. The director of the first Predator movie, John McTiernan, was rumoured in 2005 to be in talks with Fox. This seems a little odd however since John McTiernan has never made any comments about the Predator series at all.

Cast

Before Arnold Schwarzenegger became governor of California, he was the most popular choice to return to the Predator series to play Dutch. The next person in the spotlight was WWF wrestler The Rock who would have took over the Dutch role. In September 2003, The Rock denied that he has any involvement in a Predator 3 movie although in December 2003, he said he was "unsure" about his involvement in the film. In 2005, another wrestler, John Cena, was also rumoured to be involved in a remake of Predator.

Storyline

There's all sorts of ideas for Predator 3 floating around in recent years. It's unknown if it's going to be a sequel, a prequel, a remake or even a restart but all four things have been rumoured in the past. According to a couple of websites, there are about three scripts for Predator 3 circulating around the globe.

The first, written by Sam Park, is called Predator 3: The Deadlier of the Species and features Arnold Schwarzenegger's character, Dutch, in New York during a blizzard. A Predator comes to New York and tracks down Dutch to try and kill him.

The second script, written by Robert Rodriguez, is called Predators and is set on a 17th century ship where a Predator stalks the crewman who have to fight with inferior weaponry. The writer did speak about his script during an interview at the beginning of 2004 and said it was rejected because the budget would have been too big - about $150m.

The third and final script is called The Zoo which brings back both Dutch from Predator and Harrigan from Predator 2 and they are captured and brought back to the Predator homeworld because they were the only two people to have ever killed a Predator.
    From The Arnold Fan: PREDATOR 3: A GUARENTEED BLOCKBUSTER!
    Dutch smokes the "Uglies" in space!
    Reported By: René de Jong
    Thursday, February 28, 2002

Ask just about any Arnold fan to name their top three favorite Arnold movies and chances are Predator is one of them. Who wouldn't want to see Arnold return as the stogie-chomping DUTCH as he faces off with a dozen 7-foot tall Predators in space? Arnold, if True Lies 2 doesn't work out, listen up!

Predator 3 is a movie everyone would see - a huge event picture that would guarantee blockbuster bucks. Predator 3 screenwriter, Matthew J. Virchow, writes The ARNOLD FAN to tell us the latest!

Virchow:

Hey guys at The ARNOLD FAN, This is Matthew J. Virchow, current screenwriter for PREDATOR 3. I just thought I'd update you on what's going on since I see you've already got my buddy's information up on your site on what's happening. Here's what's going on right now with the new PREDATOR:

FOX Studios isn't interested in a new PREDATOR film right now, considering PREDATOR 2 was a flop, and they've already turned down ALIENS VS. PREDATOR, a script from Peter Briggs. Right now, I have restarted the script. I want an entirely new story that every audience will love. There wasn't a whole lot of action scenes for my original script, and it didn't have the feel of a PREDATOR movie.

I just started re-writing only a few days ago. Right now, I've been trying to get in contact with the Thomas Brothers who wrote the first two films. I haven't had any luck yet. My plan is to come up with a much deeper, more suspenseful, and much more action-packed thriller story to PREDATOR III to show the audience the Predator as they've never seen him before. I still want Dutch Schaefer to return, because Arnold Schwarzenegger is the key element to making this story work. My plan is to finish the script within six to eleven months, and try to get it to Arnold Schwarzenegger, himself.

QUICK NOTE: I also thought you should know that even though FOX wouldn't see John McTiernan fit to direct the third film, if Mr. Schwarzenegger likes the script and wants to make it, I think McTiernan's return would be inevitable. If FOX doesn't want him, we may end up buying the PREDATOR rights from FOX, and search for a new distributor - that is if this project ever gets on the move. Right now my hopes are getting the new script finished and polished, and getting a hold of Jim Thomas & John Thomas, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. But, like David mentioned a few days ago, if Arnold says no, I won't make the project.

FOX just doesn't want it from what I'm speculating right now. Any of you Arnold fans have ideas or plot details you might want to see in the new PREDATOR? Any type of info on what the audience wants to see would be helpful. Just email them through thearnoldfan and I'm sure they'd get it out to me.

That's the latest with PREDATOR 3. Thanks again Arnold Fans! Your wanting a new Predator film with Dutch back in action has drawn me to write it for you.

Sincerely,
    Matthew J. Virchow

----------
    René de Jong
    From IGN July 10, 2003 -: Several Scripts for Predator 3 Making the Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Davidson
    With Aliens vs. Predator already in pre-production and James Cameron mulling over Alien 5, fans are curious to know what's happening with the other side of the equation, the Predator series.

According to Australia's Moviehole and Britain's The Z Review, there are currently three scripts for Predator 3 circulating in Hollywood.

One, entitled Predator 3: The Deadlier of the Species was written by writer Sam Park some years back. Park recently told Moviehole that interest in the script was being revived with the upcoming Aliens vs. Predator project. Deadlier of the Species brings Arnold Schwarzeneggar's character "Dutch" from the first Predator. Set in New York City during a blizzard, it involves a Predator who has come to find and kill the ex-commando.

Meanwhile, screenwriter Robert Rodriguez (Spy Kids, Once Upon a Time in Mexico) has his own script for Predator 3 making the rounds in the nation's movie capital. Rodriguez's script takes the franchise back in time to a 17th century ship. The Predator is stalking its prey among the crew, who must fight back using only their inferior weapons and bravery.

A third script that also seems to be in contention, according to The Z Review, is one called The Zoo. This one unites both Dutch and Danny Glover's policeman character from the Predator sequel as two living trophies who are captured and brought back to the Predator homeworld.

It seems unlikely that any of these screenplays will be picked up until Aliens vs. Predator comes out, and Hollywood is able to gauge interest in the property. We'll keep and eye on things for you!

From IESB.net 26 September 2006: AVP 2 Closer to Cameron's Aliens and Predator 3 Starring Sly Stallone?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sanchez
    Is there hope for AVP 2? According to one of our readers the storyline for the new film will resemble Cameron"s Aliens instead of the first AVP. He also tells us that there is talk for a new stand alone Predator film that will not feature The Rock or John Cena as previously rumored but instead possibly Sly Stallone.

This is way too much to digest this early in the morning, Sly Stallone back as an action hero? I know it sounds a bit crazy but Hollywood is full of craziness. Good example of unbelievable things that happen here in this town would be how Uwe Boll keeps getting money and is able to find great talent to make the biggest pieces of shit in cinematic history. If Hollywood used the “Three Strikes and Your Out” premise that U.S. courts use on criminals Uwe would be waiting for the “Electric Chair” right about now, hmm that’s an idea.

Our reader that goes by Ink Blot sent in this email with some details from AVP 2 plus some Predator 3 rumors. We can’t confirm any of this at the moment so for now take this for what it is… a rumor.

Hey Guys,

Saw your report about AVP2. I just finished - art - work on the film. It starts filming next week. Sally Hudson is our lead artist on the project, and she came up with some amazing things. Its going to be a much better - don't get me wrong, there were aspects of the first film that I liked - film than the first. The storyline heavily resembles more, say, Cameron's "Aliens" than the first AVP film. I think you'll be amazed at some of the new 'Alien' created for the film too. The lead male character has got 'Dutch' gold written all over him too. I think he'll be popular.

There's talk now - and again, its just talk, nothing concrete - that some of us might be re-hired soonish to start on the new 'Predator' film. I haven't had any contact from the studio about it. Others apparently have.

Originally, they were going to follow AVP up with a fifth "Alien" film, one that would team Sigourney and Ridley again, but it didn't work out (for reasons I'm not privy to). 'Predator 3' (won't be called that), would be a brand new chapter in the series - and all those rumors about it starring The Rock or John Cena as Schwarzenegger's character, Dutch, aren't true. One bit of a interesting talk is that Sylvester Stallone might be being coaxed to do battle with the new "Predator". Guess they're thinking someone who can equal Arnie's statue? Not that he'd be playing the same character. I'd say that the plan is solely on FOXs end, and not Sly's end - who seems to have enough 'franchises' on the go.

Anyway, keep you posted - just wanted to reassure you that AVP2 is looking good.

'Ink Blot'
    From AvP Galaxy: AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator?
    It's been a long time since we've heard anything about a potential Predator 3 movie. Producer John Davis did an interview with Collider (news is also on Bloody-Disgusting) and he mentions what the future may hold:

You were also involved with AVP and AVPR, which are two great franchises, but they haven’t been able to work as a joint franchise. When are we going to see them go separate? Or are we going to see a third AVP?

John Davis:

Well, the Governor has mentioned to me that when he ceases to be Governor, if he doesn’t run for the Senate and all of that stuff, he’d like to do a movie or two again. And I don’t know, maybe we could restart the Predator franchise.

So if Arnold wanted to do it, it’s going to get made?

John Davis:

Well we’d have to come up with a really good script and a really great angle on it, but Predator was the first movie I was ever involved with, so it’s always going to have a really soft spot in my heart.

So is the AVP franchise on hold for now?

John Davis:

I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies. But I think there’s something to go back to with Predator.
    So there you have it. I never thought Arnie would return to acting though, especially in a new Predator movie. However, it's definitely a positive that they're ditching the AvP franchise.
    From Collider:
    Anyway, while talking to him today, he gave us updates on whether or not they’ll be another “Aliens vs. Predator” movie, what’s up with “Jason and the Argonauts,” and his take on a “Sims” movie – which is based on the very popular video game.

The quick info is that “AVP” is dead, but we might get another “Predator” movie after Arnold leaves office.
    “Jason and the Argonauts” might have a HUGE director attached.
    And “The Sims” movie has a touch of “Weird Science.”

Default Re: Predators the script

From MovieWeb 2004:Robert Rodriguez talks PREDATORS

Oh, "Predators", yes we're the "Predator 3", it's call "Predators". It was back when I was doing "Desperado". I wrote "Desperado", it was going to get made like end of September, and then "Last Action Hero" bombed, so they said we're not making any movies for a year, like next year. So I was like what am I going to do until then? So I took a writing assignment, and one of the writing assignments that was out was "Predator" sequel.

�So I said, yes I'll write a version of that. And it was just -- it was just crazy, it was huge, it was a big, big, big budget. Because I didn't have to direct it, I just had to write it. So I didn't really think about the budget, I was just like wrote this, wrote that. And it was really a cool script, it's floating around somewhere. But it's huge, and will never be made, the studio edited it and said there's no way we can make this, this would cost -- even at that time -- 150 million, and no women would ever go see this movie
    The Original 1996 PREDATORS script: http://www.sendspace.com/pro/m1ust0

From Screenwriters Utopia 05/24/01: Script Review: PREDATORS

Predators (negative, minor spoilers)
    Written by Robert Rodriguez

I've heard that Robert Rodriguez wrote this partially for fun's sake. And while I'll admit that it's at times, "fun" to read. It meanders and goes nowhere fast. It doesn't hold with continuity established by the first Predator movie with Ah-nuld. The main problem is that there is no beginning and the ending is too obvious ahead of time.

Basically, a team of Marine commandos have captured Dutch (Ah-nuld from the first film...pay attention!) and are taking him back to a prison colony on another planet. (yeah, i know. Right away I was confused too but you have to suspend major belief) Anyway, when the commandos arrive on the planet they find a crucified Predator and the remains of the prison. The commandos are quickly overwhelmed and captured (a few are killed) and are taken back to the predator encampment where we see not only humans but other various creatures and monsters in cages. The other predators then have the random creatures fight each other.

The entire middle is devoted mainly to attempting to develop each Marine's character but after awhile, you lose interest. Anyways, during this gruesome sports combat, Dutch escapes as do a few other commandos who go after him. Dutch somehow knows why the one predator was crucified and releases him (he wasn't dead, just strung up). This predator was basically an outcast, a bad seed and proceeds to run roughshod over the encampment battling side by side with Dutch to kill all the other predators. Once that's done, we meet the predator king and hundreds of other predators arrive. It turns out that one of the commandos, JC, can actually communicate with the predators and this whole plan was to sacrifice Dutch to the predators because he had killed one way back on earth (the first movie, again). After a vicious battle between the two, and then between the predator king and Dutch, he manages to escape in a drop-ship along with the outcast predator. As they fly away, Dutch sees a monitor on the ship with coordinates to Earth. The realization dawns on him that Earth is the next target of the predators. Fade out.

The problem is an overlying "so what" to this whole script. First, I'd eliminate half of the commando team. Too many players to keep track of. Secondly, too many creatures that the predators have captured. When a story falls into "look at the cool CGI creatures and special effects we made" then the story suffers BIG time. This is the same reason why I really hope there is never an Aliens Vs. Predator movie. It, like this, would be just 2 hours of special effects. I'm not worried about PREDATORS being made in my lifetime. Which is a good thing. And that's the bottom line.
    From iesb:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rothman
    Robert is using the script he wrote more than 10 years ago.
    From /film: Alex Litvak Penning Predators

From IESB: Fox Chairman Tom Rothman Goes On the Record Part 3
    IESB: Just a couple days ago, John Davis, brought up a couple of things, you've probably read about, that he's talked to Arnold [Schwarzenegger] and that he would like to do a stand alone Predator movie.

TR: Who? Arnold would or John?

IESB: Both John and Arnold.

TR: Just give us a call just as soon as his political days are over. Hey, it's all news to me but we would certainly be open to it.

IESB: How about a reboot? No?

TR: You mean with or without Arnold?

IESB: Without Arnold.

TR: That's an idea, I'm gonna make a note of that.

IESB: Davis said that Arnold mentioned to him that as soon as he's done with his Governorship and if he doesn't go onto any other government position, that he'd like to do 1 or 2 movies.

TR: You'll forgive me if I'm a little skeptical about John and that but...just give the Governor my number. Tell him as soon as he gets the state budget signed to call me.

From /film:
    Predators Gets July 2010 Release Date, Robert Rodriguez NOT Directing

AICN Exclusive: Robert Rodriguez answers some questions about PREDATORS!!!

From /film: Arnold Schwarzenegger Offered Role in Predators?

From AICN: Re: Arnold Schwarzeneggar and PREDATORS... the truth, not insane fanboy bullsh... well, you know!
    Online news is amazing, much more exciting than real life!
    There are so many sites saying that I'm actively pursuing Arnold!

Feels like all i have to do is sit here, and let the websites do the work!

Actually, what probably happened is someone conjured that up because of my 1994 draft, that had Dutch as a main character. And then it probably just built from there.

But no, we're still writing a new script, and although I know Arnold personally and he's the coolest person on the planet, I have not contacted him about this at all at this time.
    As promised, I'll keep you posted on such developments since Predator is such a fan favorite.

But then again, he could very well have told someone he'd be into it. Who knows?
    Personally, I haven't heard anything. But it's still early in the day.

-R
    Another Latino Review Exclusive: Predators May Get Armored
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mayimbe
    My information comes from a super trusted source and Nimrod isn’t some name I pulled out of my ass.

I’m merely the messenger.

Stay tuned as more develops.

From HitFix:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew McWeeny
    Latino Review broke the news that Nimrod Antal will be directing "Predators," and AICN just interviewed Robert Rodriguez about the choice.
    Devin Faraci... he's not so sure.

Confession time: I actually met with Robert during the "hire a writer" part of the "Predators" process, and my partner and I wrote a treatment for how we'd do it. Alex Litvak ended up getting the gig, but just from the conversations we had with Robert, I'd say his enthusiasm for the film is everything you could ever ask of a producer. Does that mean this absolutely will reinvent the franchise? No. But it won't be for lack of trying, and I honestly do think there's a chance this will escape some of the manhandling that usually occurs with Fox franchise pictures.
    From Hero Complex: Robert Rodriguez has a 'crazy, intense' script for his 'Predator' revival

From MTV: Robert Rodriguez Wants Arnold Schwarzenegger In His New 'Predators'

From Collider:
    Director Nimrod Antal’s PREDATORS to Start Filming September 28th

From Latino Review:
    Predators Will Use Stan Winston Design

Predator Vs. Machete

From /film:
    Danny Trejo Cast in Predators

From AICN April 23, 2009: Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS officially confirmed today!

From Variety :
    Nimrod Antal to direct 'Predators' - Project scheduled for 2010 release

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE MCNARY
    Fox has tapped Nimrod Antal ("Vacancy") to direct "Predators" for Robert Rodriguez, who will produce through his Troublemaker Studios.

The project's scheduled for a July 7, 2010 release. It represents the fifth iteration of the franchise after the original "Predator," starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, in 1987, "Predator 2" (1990); "Alien vs. Predator" (2004); and "Alien vs. Predator: Requiem" (2007).

Alex Litvak and Michael Finch are scripting "Predators."

Fox announced in April that Rodriguez had come aboard to reboot the "Predator" franchise and that he's co-directing "Machete" with Ethan Maniquis.

Antal co-wrote and directed the 2004 Hungarian drama "Kontroll," set in the Budapest subway system and shown at Cannes. He also helmed Screen Gems heist drama "Armored," set for release later this year.

This doesn't really seem worth my attention yet... so many rumours and unknowns and such. I'll wait til it's in production, tho I'd like there to be one.
    "to punish and enslave"

Site is live (with sneak peak):

http://www.predators-movie.com/

^ That actually is quite encouraging... good cast...
    "to punish and enslave"

^ That vid is at the link r-type posted up there.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Site is live (with sneak peak):

http://www.predators-movie.com/

From the Sneak Peak looks interesting, can't wait !!

Thanks for posting the vid

I'll only watch if it is rated R.

Like a true horror/action movie, it MUST be rated R for blood, gore, violence, and profanity.

Laurence Fishburne. I'm there.

Trailer out now.

Oh yeah! Now that looks like a Predator movie!

July will not be able to get here soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    Oh yeah! Now that looks like a Predator movie!

July will not be able to get here soon enough.
    Indeed. I like what I see, and what I don't. (if catch my drift on that one)

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Indeed. I like what I see, and what I don't. (if catch my drift on that one)

BTW,I assume the answer lies on LV 426.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    BTW,I assume the answer lies on LV 426.
    Should have nuked it from space, just to be sure.

Glad this will be the proper third movie ignoring the AVP movies.

Has nothing to do with the movie,couldn't find the youtube thread, and otherwise didn't really think this needed a new thread.

Hmmm,what do you think...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQEJLt0yRig

I'm actually starting to look forward to this...
    "to punish and enslave"