Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Four Reboot

Default Re: Fantastic Four Reboot

...what...

Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars
    Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell and Miles Teller are closing deals to star in the superhero reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borys Kit & Pamela McClintock
    Sources tell THR that the studio is making deals with Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Bell to star in the project that reboots the Marvel superheroes. Josh Trank is directing.

Fantastic Four was the very first comic produced by the Marvel Comicsí 1960s golden age and featured a brilliant scientist, his pilot best friend, his girlfriend and her brother who are turned into heroes Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Girl and the Human Torch. They fought aliens and monsters but their arch-foe was Dr. Doom, a onetime roommate of the scientist.

Fox has been working furiously on the reboot (slated for release on June 19, 2015), which almost came together with a cast last fall before rewrites delayed it. The project has gone through its fair share of writers but now has a script execs and filmmakers are happy with. That generated a new round of tests and chemistry reads in earlier in February.

Jordan, who is playing the Human Torch, has been involved with the project for a while as the studio has on option on the actor due to his starring in the found footage sci-fi hit Chronicle, also directed by Trank. (Jordanís involvement, first revealed last year, initially rankled comic purists since the character, Johnny Storm, is a blonde-haired white young man but is being reconceived in this version.)

Mara won the role of Sue Storm aka Invisible Girl via a round of screentests previously reported by THR.

The come-from-behind actor here is Bell, who emerged as the choice for the role of Ben Grimm, aka the forceful rockman named The Thing after initial tests failed to produce a candidate execs could agree on.

Teller, meanwhile, would play Reed Richards, aka the stretchable Mr. Fantastic, but thatís if scheduling issues can be worked out. Teller is coming off starring in the Sundance hit Whiplash but even before then was emerging as an in-demand actor. The Jim Belushi biopic which is due to shoot this spring is one of the projects vying for his attention.

This is Foxís second round of making a Fantastic Four franchise. The first round, which consisted of two movies, released in 2005 and 2007, and saw Ioan Gruffudd play Richards, Jessica Alba as Sue Storm/Invisible Girl, Chris Evans as the Johnny Storm and Michael Chiklis as Grimm.

The new cast may not be household names or A-listers but in terms of a next gen "best of" class it canít be beat. Teller is on the rise and fielding multiple offers, Jordan is nominated for an Indie Spirit for his acclaimed work in Fruitvale Station, and Mara has cachet due to co-starring in House of Cards. Brit thespian Bell is one of the stars of Lars von Trierís Nymphomaniac.

So the cast is set. Kate Mara has been cast to play Sue Storm and Michael B. Jordan has been cast to play her younger brother Johnny Storm. Only problem seems to be is the fact that they seem to be colorblind at 20th Century Fox cause Mara is white and Jordan is black. Then the whole cast is at the age of 20 something, when in the comics and the original movies they were adult characters. This just shows that it's not always a good idea to reboot stuff. The whole movie seems to be an epic fail even before they have shot a single frame of it...

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/mi...ur-1201099921/

Disney should buy back the rights if this fails and we can have Galactus in Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Disney should buy back the rights if this fails and we can have Galactus in Avengers
    You are kinda on the right track. If I'm not mistaken, the reason why Fox is doing this movie (that already looks to be a total fiasco), is that they would have lost the rights to Disney/Marvel if they didn't release a new Fantastic Four movie in the year 2015 at the latest. Of all the comments that I have read on different pages on Facebook, like 99% of the people think this is going to suck and wonder what the hell Fox was thinking when they casted a black person to play Johnny Storm and a white girl to play Sue Storm when they are siblings? It looks like Fox just wanted to keep the rights and maybe they'll reboot it once again like in 2020 if this turns out to be a total disaster. But I don't think that Disney/Marvel will buy the rights any time soon. Maybe if this one fails and Fox doesn't seem to be able to make a new one before the next rights period ends, maybe Fox is forced to sell the right to a cheaper price than what it would cost to buy the rights today or in the next two-three years time.

The Hollywood Reporter:
    Why Fox's 'Fantastic Four' Needs to Ignore Its Comic Book Past (Analysis)
    Purists may be outraged, but that's fine. There's no way to make a "Fantastic Four" movie that remains faithful to the original comic today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme McMillan
    Let's get the most obvious thing out of the way first: a core cast of Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell and Miles Teller suggests that whatever problems Fox's Fantastic Four reboot might have, the quality of the acting won't be one of them. Unfortunately, that just leaves everything else to worry about.

Fantastic Four has historically proven to be, against all odds, a difficult property to get right. The comic book has been, at best, a mid-level seller for Marvel for decades now, no matter the writers and artists attached -- the most recent series written by New York Times bestseller Matt Fraction ended its run with an estimated 28,000 orders in the U.S. at a time when successful titles sell four times that amount; for comparison, Avengers World #1, the big Avengers release from the same month had 86,000 orders -- and previous attempts to take the team into other media have met with middling critical and commercial success at best.

On the one hand, this shouldn't be the case. The core concept of the characters, as created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1961's Fantastic Four #1, is that of a family of adventurers constantly exploring in search of novelty, of new adventures and discoveries. As an engine for stories, that should be almost inexhaustible, with the interpersonal relationships within the group -- a scientist, his girlfriend (later wife), her brother and a curmudgeonly best friend to all three -- balancing out however esoteric and theoretical the "new" McGuffin ends up being. Something for everyone, right?

Except that, in execution, Fantastic Four has consistently been plagued by the very opposite of its concept. While the team search out the new, the concept has become haunted by its past, with every new incarnation of the idea continually compared with Lee and Kirby's original stories and, worse, found wanting.

For comic book fans, the Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four is an almost holy text. Running 102 issues of the monthly comic book (and six accompanying annuals), it was an endlessly inventive comic book that threw out new characters and ideas with a restlessness that seems almost impossible to imagine today. New villains, allies, alien races and alternate dimensions appeared fully-formed each issue, with the series offering a compelling momentum that consistently drove everything forward.

(Whereas Sony has to mine the ranks of villains to build out multiple franchises from its Spider-Man license, the problem Fox faces with expanding Fantastic Four into a series of movie series is more likely to be which concept to choose for exploration. The Silver Surfer? The Kree or Skrulls, a pair of warring alien races? The Inhumans, the Negative Zone, the Microverse? That's saying nothing about such characters as the Black Panther or Adam Warlock, both of which the studio may be able to lay claim to considering their first appearances in issues of Fantastic Four.)

The problem turned out to be, Lee and Kirby did their jobs too well. No-one and nothing that has followed the pair on a Fantastic Four property has managed to come close to matching their invention, nor their wit and verve in execution of the storytelling. Worse still, fans have responded most favorably to versions of the characters that hew closely to the template that Lee and Kirby created. Somehow, without anyone wanting it to happen, the characters who should be about seeking out new frontiers have become a nostalgia act.

It runs counter to everything we've come to expect from super hero films -- especially Fox's super hero output, which differs from Marvel's, Sony's and Warner Bros' in that the studio has started to directly adapt existing comic book storylines outside of origin stories -- but the best chance of true success that the Fantastic Four movie has is to ignore the comic book as much as possible. Take the basic template and the spirit of those first 100-odd issues, but otherwise start afresh and try something new.

Purists may be outraged, but they're already there, complaining about a black Human Torch or an Invisible Woman who's older than the rest of the team. That's fine. There's no way to make a Fantastic Four movie that remains faithful to the original comic today, anyway; the team's original origin centered around the characters trying to beat the Russians into orbit with one character saying "We've got to take that chanceÖ unless we want the Commies to beat us to it!" with worrying sincerity.

We've already seen what a Fantastic Four movie that tries to recreate the comic book is like, in 2005. We've also seen what director Josh Trank can do with superhero tropes when he doesn't have to worry about pre-existing continuity or expectations. The best thing Fox can hope for from the Fantastic Four reboot is that Trank follows his instincts, and doesn't try and give the audience what it thinks it wants.

If nothing else, he's got a cast that can back him up, no matter what.

FOX needs to just give the rights to Marvel where they should be. I'm so sick and tired of all these freakin' do-overs.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    FOX needs to just give the rights to Marvel where they should be. I'm so sick and tired of all these freakin' do-overs.
    Marvel Studios would make a do-over too. They wouldn't just keep a previous version and integrate it into their universe, they'd want to create a version truly their own. The difference is, Marvel Studios would probably do it right.

Default Grim & Gritty Fantastic Four Reboot

Miles Teller on What Appealed to Him About The Fantastic Four Reboot
    The Divergent star will play Reed Richards in the Fox film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vejvoda
    Teller continued, "I was joking around about a year ago, 'I guess I'll be playing a supehero soon' because that's just the world that we're in, but I think a lot of times it just looks like Hollywood actors in Halloween costumes, you know? And I think what we're going to do with Fantastic Four is going to be very grounded and it made sense to me."

"When I read the script, I didn't feel like I was reading this larger-than-life, incredible supehero tale," he explained. "These are all very human people that end up having to become I guess what is known as the Fantastic Four. So for me it was just a really good story and gives me an opportunity to play something different from my own skin. It's a proper character and that's my favorite stuff to do."
    From George Koury's The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore:
    Page 110:
    The Stuff that makes Watchmen radical is not really the stuff that's in the plot. It's not dark treatments of super-heroes--I mean, that had been done before. i mean you could even say that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were going for a gritty, darker treatment of the super-heroes back in 1961 with the Fantastic Four. More shadows in the artwork, kind of depressed slum dwellings in the backgrounds, more realistic dialogue and character interaction.

Alan Moore

Fox Looking To Dump Fantastic Four Director, Screenplay And Recast, Six Months Before They Are Due To Shoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston
    Iíve learnt from a rather well-connected source that, as the title says, Fox has dumped Fantastic Four director Josh Trank and the script by Simon Kinberg and are actively looking for replacements. Six months before they are due to shoot, for 2015 release.

Oh, yes, and there are now casting issues from the studio too.

No I donít know any more. Isnít that enough?

I know. Maybe they could ask their Official Consultant, Mark MillarÖ

Default The Fantastic Four 2 - July 14, 2017

Fox Sets Dates for 'Wolverine,' 'Fantastic Four' Sequels
    The studio also announces a mystery Marvel film for 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Couch
    20th Century Fox is making it's Marvel properties a foundation of its upcoming slate and has announced a release date for a Fantastic Four movie before the first has even begun shooting.

The studio announced The Fantastic Four 2 will open July 14, 2017, while an untitled Wolverine film will open March 3, 2017. Fox has also slated an untitled Marvel film for July 13, 2018.

Fox owns the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises, so the mystery 2018 Marvel film could draw from either of those. It's not unthinkable that the project might even be a crossover between the two.

Fox also announced a release date for Liam Neeson starrer Taken 3, slating it for Jan. 9, 2015. An unnamed Ridley Scott film is set for March 4, 2016.

Digital Spy Thursday, Jul 4 2013:
    Stan Lee on 'Silver Surfer' movie: 'There is no way it's not coming'
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Armitage
    Stan Lee expects a Silver Surfer movie to be on the horizon.

The comics legend said that there is "no way" the character he and Jack Kirby created in the pages of Fantastic Four will not get a solo movie.
    What Is Fox's Mystery Marvel Movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Buxton
    "Silver Surfer"

Assuming Fox's "Fantastic Four" strikes a chord with audiences, there's one obvious direction to push the team -- toward Galactus. But before Fox can reintroduce the devourer of worlds in a future "Fantastic Four" film, it would be nice to spend a little time with the Silver Surfer, the cosmically-powered being who serves as Galactus' herald. Imagine how much more poignant Norrin Radd's self sacrifice could be if fans get to know the Surfer prior to his boss threatening to destroy Earth. A "Silver Surfer" film could not only introduce a new hero to moviegoers, but double as a slower introduction to the mind-blowing concept that is Galactus -- this time in all his glory, not just as a purple cloud. With "Guardians of the Galaxy" headed to theaters courtesy of Marvel Studios, a "Surfer" film could allow Fox to build their own cosmic Marvel U including the Shi'ar, the Brood, or even the Starjammers, all concepts and characters that can make a future impact on the "X-Men" films.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    Marvel Studios would make a do-over too. They wouldn't just keep a previous version and integrate it into their universe, they'd want to create a version truly their own. The difference is, Marvel Studios would probably do it right.
    Well if this flops maybe there can be hope to see Disney do the right thing and have some appearances for the FF in Avengers films or even Doom/Galactus

"The Fantastic Four" Writer Compares Reboot to "Batman Begins," "Iron Man"
    Simon Kinberg says director Josh Trankís franchise reboot is "grounded, real, gritty, and what it would really be like if you went through a transformation and lost control of your body."

Default Re: MARVEL vs FOX

CBM:
    Rob Liefeld Reveals New Details Concerning MARVEL's Shut-Out of FOX
    With rumors of Fantastic Four comics being cancelled to hurt the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot, Marvel seems to be doing something similar with X-Men in an effort to hurt FOX's revenue from the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    "The Fantastic Four" Writer Compares Reboot to "Batman Begins," "Iron Man"
    Simon Kinberg says director Josh Trankís franchise reboot is "grounded, real, gritty, and what it would really be like if you went through a transformation and lost control of your body."
    What? the FF aren't dark characters like Batman or Watchmen or Punisher and all that. It works for them but not FF.

This is gonna blow even with the casting and maybe have Silver Surfer in Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy 2 would be nice too.

What? the FF aren't dark characters like Batman or Watchmen or Punisher and all that. It works for them but not FF.

This is gonna blow even with the casting and maybe have Silver Surfer in Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy 2 would be nice too.
    I agree. Unless they wanna do a live action movie of the 'New Fantastic Four' which is a team comprised of a Hulk, a Ghost Rider, a Spider-Man, and a Wolverine then they could really go the 'dark' direction. But we all know this will never happen since the characters are owned by different studios to begin with.

2488014-943032-new_fantastic_4_large.jpg

But I always liked this version of the Fantastic Four than the original.

Do you also think Dr Doom and Puppetmaster would make good Avengers villains too?

Do you also think Dr Doom and Puppetmaster would make good Avengers villains too?
    I could see Dr. Doom working with Loki.

You know what? Forget Dr Doom or Loki.

What comes to mind is Ex-Nihilo!! He could really be a great Avengers movie villain. Though he's not technically a villain, he could start out as a misunderstood being who everybody could be against at first. Much like the Hulk who everyone was against at first and then later on joining the Avengers as a full-fledged hero.

I really like Ex-Nihilo from the comic books. And he looks bada$$!

ex-nihilo-change.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Talking 'Fantastic Four' and 'X-Men: Apocalypse' with Simon Kinberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellvin Chavez
    LR: You are involved with FANTASTIC FOUR; will we see any of it at this yearís Comic-Con?

Simon Kinberg:
    No, I can definitively officially tell you that there will not be anything from FANTASTIC FOUR at this yearís Comic Con. We are still very much in the middle of shooting and we donít want to show anything until itís ready and itís not ready yet. We want the first stuff that we show from the film to really blow people away, and it will but we have got to wait until itís ready.

LR: You donít want to do a disservice to the filmÖ

Simon Kinberg:
    Yes, we are hopefully going to be refining the way the people see the FANTASTIC FOUR movies. There are so many things we are doing different from the previous film and so many things different from other comic books films. When we really step forward we want it to be with our best foot forward. Instead of rushing something together for the Con weíd rather really wait until we have that perfect first image, perfect first sequence and first scene to show people. And I know that thereís a lot of people that think thatís the big surprise from Fox this year at the Con and knowing that Iím talking to a reporter and Iím going on record that Iím saying unfortunately that will not be a surprise for the fans of Comic-Con this year. Obviously the Comic-Con world is incredible important to FANTASTIC FOUR and because of that we want to give them the best version of what we are making.

LR: Thereís always New York Comic-Con.

Simon Kinberg:
    Yes, there is New York, thereís Wonder Con, there is a lot of other places were we may indeed pop up with a surprise down the road. It just didnít time out well this year and we are really so focused on making the film here in Baton Rouge and its going great. You have a lot of people that want to do something really special.

LR: Speaking of the FANTASTIC FOUR, are the FANTASTIC FOUR and the X-Men ever going to team up?

Simon Kinberg:
    I would love to see the X-MEN and FANTASTIC FOUR team up if only because Iím a fan and certainly itís something weíve thought about and talked about. The challenge is that they essentially live in different universes. In the X-Men world of the movies we never hear them talk about a famous super team called the FANTASTIC FOUR and in the FANTASTIC FOUR movie they are fantastic because they are the only ones of their kind meaning there arenít other people with super powers on the streets. The FANTASTIC FOUR are in this movie are the first to transform into something super powerful. So given that they exist in these different domains or dimensions there are some inherent challenges. Part of the fun of working in this realm is trying to overcome those challenges and try to figure out how you can bridge the gaps between different worlds and different dimensions.

LR: Ultimate FANTASTIC FOUR was bonkers, eventually making Reed Richards one of the biggest villains of the line and the Classic FANTASTIC FOUR comics play broad and goofy to a modern audience. Kate Mara recently said that the new FANTASTIC FOUR is different from the comics and it's not surprising. What's the crux of the FANTASTIC FOUR to you?

Simon Kinberg:
    I actually think that this FANTASTIC FOUR movie is sort of a celebration of all the FANTASTIC FOUR comics that have preceded it. We have elements from the original FANTASTIC FOUR that thereís a sort of optimism and inspirational quality to the film. In some ways a comedy that was really distinct in the original FANTASTIC FOUR. Also, the notion of this dysfunctional surrogate family that comes together and has to work together is very present in the movie that owes a great debt to the originals. And this idea that they are scientist and that itís almost like this science adventure, more than being superheroes, they are almost like scientific adventurers, thatís a big part of the movie too. We also owe a lot to the Ultimateís and the current crop of FANTASTIC FOUR comics and youíll see that. I donít want to give anything away but you will see it in the details and a lot of the story telling. Itís really sort of inspired by all the different history of the FANTASTIC FOUR comics. I think what Kate meant, and I read that comment, I think what she meant which was right is that itís not based on any one run. DAYS OF FUTURE PAST was obviously based on DAYS OF FUTURE PAST comic run and that was something that I could easily give the actors to read and theyíd know the whole story. In this case because we are really snatching details, story lines, moments, action sequences from across the whole gambit of the decades of FANTASTIC FOUR, there isnít one comic that defines the movie.

LR: Itís spread out pretty much.

Simon Kinberg:
    Exactly.

LR: So how has that changed during scripting and production?

Simon Kinberg:
    It hasnít changed much in the scripting process. Josh Trank, the director, had a very clear vision as to what he wanted the movie to be, tonally especially. He knew he wanted it to be a more grounded, more character driven, more emotional, and a little more dramatic movie certainly more than the previous films. I think that tone has remained consistent through every draft and through for the however many days of shooting weíve had now. We are well past the two-thirds mark of photography. As we go itís like any movie or any movie Iíve worked on thatís a good movie, things evolve, you learn stuff while you are on the floor when you have good actors. The actors start to teach you more about the characters because they are the person who is living the character every day, itís not me, the writer, or Josh, the director Ė itís the actor. We have to think about the over all story and how all the characters interact, but for each the actors they are just focused on their character in that scene. As you go you learn from them. That I think has changed and evolved as weíve been shooting. Youíll get a lot of good ideas, little nuances, little moments and warnings from the actors. That happened on X-MEN and all the X-MEN movies Iíve worked on and actually going on X-3 but certainly and especially X-MEN FIRST CLASS and X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST itís a very collaborative environment. Especially when you have an ensemble like this, itís creates a camaraderie on the set and that in turn creates a more collaborative environment.

LR: From a fan perspective, will a fan of the FANTASTIC FOUR comics come out of this movie feeling like they just watched a FANTASTIC FOUR movie?

Simon Kinberg:
    Absolutely. This is being made by fans of the FANTASTIC FOUR comics. Josh and I are humongous fans of the FANTASTIC FOUR comics. In fact when the studio first called me about doing this movie it was right at the end of X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST last summer. They said are you interested in doing the FANTASTIC FOUR movie and I said I was only interested in doing a FANTASTIC FOUR movie, meaning a movie that really honors the FANTASTIC FOUR comics. Iím not interested in doing something just to use the title as an excuse to do a goofy kids movie.

LR: Like a found footage type of film?

Simon Kinberg:
    When filmmakers honor the essence and the tone and the voice and the characters of the comics those make the best movies. To me X-Men 2, SPIDER-MAN 1 and 2, THE DARK KNIGHT movies, IRONMAN and everything Marvel has been doing. I think what we did with FIRST CLASS and DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, those were all made by people who really love, respect and really want to honor the books and thatís the same approach we are taking here. The most important audience for us are the core fans, the fans who love the books and for them to come out and feel like itís really the first time theyíve seen the FANTASTIC FOUR on the screen.

LR: How much freedom does Fox have with the FANTASTIC FOUR rights as far as steering away from the source material and the essence of the characters?

Simon Kinberg:
    I donít know how much Fox legally what kind of control Fox has. I know the mandate we went into it with, meaning me and Josh Trank, was we wanted to create a movie that is made from the love we share for the FANTASTIC FOUR comics and characters. If thereís story points and details where we have to steer away in some ways to go deeper with the characters then weíll do that. I think a lot of adaptation whether itís an adaptation of a comic or a great novel; the things that they are most importantly devoted to is the essence and the themes, the tones and the characters. Sometimes the actually stories, like the plot can shift a little bit. With this FANTASTIC FOUR we are not beholden to a singular plot from the comics. We are drawing story ideas from the whole history of the FANTASTIC FOUR. There is a little more flexibility with the story and a real focus and commitment and dedication with the characters.

LR: Which do you prefer as a story teller, a movie like X-MEN; DAYS OF FUTURE PAST where the director was instagramíing things from the set or a movie like Josh Trankís FANTASTIC FOUR which has been notoriously hard to pin down?

Simon Kinberg:
    I donít know. I think different movies need different things to be honest. I thought what Bryan was doing was fun online and yet I also like being here on set where there is very little distraction. I think different movies demand different things. With X-MEN: DAYS FUTURE PAST there was so much positive energy and sort of hype going into that movie partly because of the cast and partly because we had been building toward it all the way from X-MEN 2 thru FIRST CLASS to finally getting all these actor together. There was so much energy that I thought it was a fun idea to be giving the fans a little taste of it as we were going. With a movie like this where there is actually some suspicion about what a FANTASTIC FOUR movie was going to be, because fans were not happy particularly happy about the last two, I think for us we didnít want to show them stuff until it was really cooked. Until we feel like we are going to show it to you and itís going to blow you away and in a blink you are going to know we made a FANTATSIC FOUR movie you wanted us to make. I think if you let people into the kitchen too much you sort of get too focused on the different ingredients and the tiny details instead of serving the meal knowing this is delicious. The hope and the reason that this one has been a little more locked down is like I say, we really just want to let the fans in when everything is ready and they can see all the work weíve done has led, in a blink, the real FANTASTIC FOUR.

CBM:
    Josh Trank Answers 'The Fantastic Four' Twitter Questions!

CBM:
    Josh Trank ("Chronicle") is back on Twitter and he has tweeted that his Fantastic Four has officially wrapped filming and that the leaked image of The Thing/Ben Grimm is in fact the version that will appear in his film.

Human Torch being black is a unique take. And I can see how that would work out. It's actually logical.

But I would like to change more in the team than just that. If I were given the chance to make a wish on what changes I would like to see in Fantastic Four it would be:

1. Trimming down the Thing's 'physical bulk.'
    Look, just because he's the strong guy of the team doesn't mean he's supposed to be buffed and big.
    As long as he can turn himself into stone, would do. He's supposed to just represent the element of the Earth (nothing there that says he should be big).
    He can be slim and still be made of stone. He would be way cooler.
    Take example from Colossus (the strong guy in X-Men). I mean he turns into metal and he's tough and strong. But he's trimmed and nice looking.

2. Mr. Fantastic doesn't have to be a 'plastic man.'
    He looks like a Clown. Most kids don't find it cool. He's supposed to represent the element of the Water. So give him water-based powers. Maybe draw some inspiration from Namor?

3. They've taken the first step towards making the Fantastic Four more multi-cultural by turning Human Torch black. They can take it further. Maybe turn Invisible Woman (or Invisible Man, if they decide to change her gender) into an Asian. Maybe cast a Chinese actor or something. Today is a very good time to sell movies to the Chinese. Why wait?