Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Four Reboot

Default Fantastic Four Reboot

From Variety:
    Fox sets 'Fantastic' reboot - Akiva Goldsman has been set as producer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fleming

While Disney lays down a $4 billion bet on the future of Marvel's superheroes, 20th Century Fox has already begun overhauling one of its big Marvel franchises, "Fantastic Four," to take the property beyond the two films already made.

Akiva Goldsman has been hired to oversee the reboot as producer. Michael Green, the co-exec producer of TV's "Heroes" who co-wrote "Green Lantern," will write the script for the new "Fantastic Four."

Fox wouldn't comment on its plans, but the moves are evidence that Marvel franchises do have enduring lifespans.

As "Spider-Man 4" moves toward an early 2010 production start, Columbia Pictures recently hired James Vanderbilt to write a fifth and sixth installment with the understanding that one or both of those films would give the franchise a makeover with a new director and cast (Daily Variety, Aug. 16).
    More than one option

The 2005 "Fantastic Four" and 2007 sequel "Rise of the Silver Surfer" were directed by Tim Story and starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. Since the deals for the reboot are just getting made, it is unclear if any of them will return.

Though Marvel Entertainment owns and finances properties like "Iron Man" and "Thor," Fox controls "Fantastic Four" in perpetuity -- as long as it continues making the films. Fox has the same arrangement on Marvel Comics properties "X-Men," "Daredevil" and "Silver Surfer." Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.

Though the related Silver Surfer character soared in the "Fantastic Four" sequel, that iconic personality has remained a priority project for his own film at the studio.

Fox has so far done one "X-Men" spinoff in "Wolverine." The studio is working on a sequel to that film and has scripts for "X-Men Origins: First Class," and "X-Men Origins: Magneto." Potential spinoffs for the Gambit and Deadpool characters have also been discussed.

As producer, Goldsman is involved with several DC Comics transfers, including "Jonah Hex," "The Losers" and "Teen Titans." He was also producer of the Will Smith-Charlize Theron superhero film "Hancock," for which a sequel is being developed.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Fantastic Four Reboot

Reboot?

My God, these guys are fast.

3th part of the fantastic Four? Fantastic. WoW...hihi
    Sam Witwicky: He peed on you? Bad Mojo! Bad!
    Ironhide: Bad Mojo! Ugh, my foot's gonna rust...

Drake

I kinda liked the cheesy of the Fantastic Four movies. They screwed up Galactus and all, but I forgive them.

Hey. Nevertheless, Galactus was cool ... OK, to me simply liked not that surver in ends in all haunted. After this the black one hire destroyed, but I found it fantastically ... lol

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I kinda liked the cheesy of the Fantastic Four movies.

The visual effects were pretty good too.

Personally think it will be a flop, the first 2 movies weren't anything to get excited about in my opinion.

well i hope they reboot the punisher, captain america, daredevil and elektra. those superheroes still lack a decent movie.

Hey, what about Turtles? A new remake is very awesome of them...^^

I liked the Fantastic Four movies. I like cheesy stuff.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

From IGN:
    F4 Reboot Dream Cast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vejvoda and Phil Pirrello

The Director

Let's face it: almost any director would be a step-up from Tim Story at this point. We kicked around a number of candidates -- Robert Rodriguez, who's handled family-oriented genre adventure films before with the Spy Kids series; Tony Scott, who has directed a number of action films such as Top Gun, Crimson Tide, Man on Fire; and McG, who might have been a decent choice for this had he not mucked up Terminator Salvation -- before settling on British filmmaker Matthew Vaughn.

Vaughn, who directed Layer Cake and Stardust, has so far been a bridesmaid and never a bride when it comes to Marvel Comics adaptations. He'd been attached to helm both X-Men: The Last Stand and Thor before dropping out of each project. We think it's time to finally give this guy a shot at bringing a Marvel title to the screen. Vaughn's next release is the comic book adaptation Kick-Ass, footage from which received an enthusiastic response from fans when shown at this summer's San Diego Comic-Con.

From MTV 08/28/09:
    EXCLUSIVE: Matthew Vaughn Calls 'Avengers' & 'Superman' His Dream Projects,
    Regrets 'Iron Man' Timing

I saw it coming. I'm no Marvel fan except for certain selected charters and FF are not among them. The first movie sucked and Tim Story must have never visited NY in his life because that was not my hometown up there. Never bothered seeing the second one.
    - Omar B.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

Quote Originally Posted by OmarB View Post
    I saw it coming. I'm no Marvel fan except for certain selected charters and FF are not among them. The first movie sucked and Tim Story must have never visited NY in his life because that was not my hometown up there. Never bothered seeing the second one.
    Not a fan of FF myself. Although I have to say the two FF movies were a lot better than the very first one they made in the 90's (That movie was so bad it has never been released).

Lets hope they'll do a better job with the next FF movie.

I never really liked the FF movies.

I found them dumb (2nd one being the worst of the two and probably of the decade).

Too family friendly and more drivel from 20th Century Fox.

From Latino Review:
    Chris Evans Looks Foward to a Fantastic Reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletScribe
    When I, along with some fellow journos, recently caught up with Chris Evans, who played Johnny Storm (aka the Human Torch), he had this to say regarding his involvement and thoughts on the reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Evans
    I don't think I'm going to be involved with it. I think they're going to start from scratch. [...] If there's room to reinvent a franchise in a different tone and they can make a good film out of it then so be it. I have nothing negative to say about it.

Screen Rant Exclusive: Adrien Brody or Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Mr. Fantastic
    Adrien Brody or Jonathan Rhys Meyers could be Mr. Fantastic in the reboot of Fantastic Four which will not be titled ‘Fantastic Four Reborn.’
    From IESB:
    Henry VIII Vs. Predator Slayer - Fantastic Four Casting Rumors
    Not long after she stepped away from playing Emma Frost in the upcoming X-Men: First Class, Alice Eve had been rumored to be in the running for Sue Storm, AKA Invisible Woman, but now it looks like young hottie Amber Heard may have a chance to tackle the role. Also Kevin Pennington, who is relatively unknown, is being looked at for Johnny Storm, The Human Torch. I'll have to add that Chris Evans played the role quite well in the prior two efforts, in fact he was probably one of the few elements that actually worked well, but now he's stepping into the boots of a much larger role as Captain America.

Oh god please no!!!!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

The last two aren't bad but i did enjoyed them since i've been a Marvel fan, i agree Corman's version was shitty.

Willis could be perfect for Thing even though Thing in the movies looked more old school than CGI,

IESB Exclusive: Disney Targets Sony and Fox Franchises

Today, Marvel confirmed what IESB reported back in February of this year, it was here on IESB the news first broke that Disney had plans to completely re-negotiate the standing deal between Marvel and Paramount. At the time, it was denied, but as the news today confirms, we were right. Now the IESB can break the news on what Disney is hoping to do next to continue building upon their Marvel Empire.
    FANTASTIC FOUR - It's by far one of the most beloved comic book series of all time. Fox has released two Fantastic Four films, both have done extremely well at the box office ($620 million) plus DVD sales and TV broadcast rights. Perhaps not so well with critics and fans.

The budget for both films were around $230 million combined, $100 million for the first and $130 for the second.

Insiders are telling IESB Disney would love to get Fantastic Four back under their control and that this series, above all, fits the Disney mold the best being the first superhero family.

Fox is currently moving forward with its Fan Four/Silver Surfer reboot as its was first reported here on the IESB.

Trank rolling toward 'Fantastic Four' - Fox keen on 'Chronicle' helmer for superhero reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Abrams & Jeff Sneider
    In a major sign of confidence in his upcoming supervillain pic "Chronicle," helmer Josh Trank has emerged as the frontrunner to direct 20th Century Fox's reboot of Marvel's "Fantastic Four" franchise.

Trank has had several meetings regarding the project, but with his debut feature still three weeks away, insiders tell Variety that Fox is expected to wait to see how "Chronicle" opens over Super Bowl weekend before extending an official offer. Studio is also awaiting the latest draft of the script by Michael Green ("Green Lantern").

That said, Fox is high on "Chronicle" and would like to keep Trank in business with the studio, which has displayed confidence in the pic, offering exclusive footage during the NFL's wild-card weekend after the pic's trailer generated massive traffic online.

Internally, studio execs expect Trank to land the coveted helming gig.

Akiva Goldsman was originally set to produce through his Weed Road banner, he's no longer involved.

Tim Story directed the first two "Fantastic Four" movies, which grossed $620 million worldwide combined.

20th Century Fox recently successfully rebooted its "X-Men" franchise with "X-Men: First Class," which found James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender taking over the roles of Professor X and Magneto from Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan. In addition to a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," the studio is developing a spin-off from that film that would focus on Ryan Reynolds' character Deadpool, as well as a new take on "Daredevil," originally portrayed by Ben Affleck.

Though Marvel owns and finances properties like "Iron Man" and "Thor," Fox controls "Fantastic Four" in perpetuity -- as long as it continues making the films. Fox has the same arrangement on Marvel Comics properties "X-Men," "Daredevil" and "Silver Surfer." Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.

Trank got his start writing and directing several episodes of Spike TV's miniseries "The Kill Point," and went on to serve as editor and co-producer of Robert Siegel's acclaimed indie "Big Fan." Max Landis wrote "Chronicle," which follows three teens who gain superpowers after making an incredible discovery, but soon find their lives spinning out of control as they embrace their darker sides.

Trank is repped by WME.

IMHO i really don't understand why they don't create good movies instead of doing these half-done-crap-job at it, if i were the director of such a movie i would not be happy with the results and wouldn't even bother doing a second and a third and then a reboot.. its a waste of money, instead i would do it like DC Comics are doing with Batman.. doing it as realistic as possible, and this is what i thought before Batman even came out.. i think Spider man and Hulk 2 came most closest to my idea of creating these Marvel movies.. and sometimes the scenes look to polished for me like they came from the comics themselves, i don't want to see that at all.
    Is Hellboy from Marvel? Hellboy in the beginning was looking pretty cool untill this high ranked idiot started yelling all over the place as IF they would do that in WWII you gotta be a total retard to do that.., i thought to myself "what a dumb, stupid ****" that really ruined the movie for me, the second Hellboy was to far in the story i thought..

I havent seen Captain America yet and Thor and The Evengers if its out already?
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Hellboy is from Dark Horse comics, not Marvel.