Thread: Obama cameo in TRANSFORMERS 3?

Default Obama cameo in TRANSFORMERS 3?

Everybody knows about Michael's penchant for dramatic Presidential speeches in his movies. This led me to wonder if President Obama could actually make an appearence in TF3?

Yeah, it sounds pretty insane - I don't think an active, serving President has ever made a cameo in a movie before - but Michael is hardly sane, and I mean that in a good way. Besides, we already know Michael has a good relationship with the Pentagon, although I don't know if he has THAT much clout with them. (Who does?)

Of course, I have no idea of the logistics involved, even if Obama were to appear for a total of ten seconds on-screen. Could one or two cameramen enter the White House (after getting the necessary clearance) and shoot the required footage of Obama delivering a scripted speech? Would only a voice-over be allowed? Or is such a thing forbidden/illegal altogether? If the President himself were to show up in any kind of movie, would there be a concern that the film's political/social views would be seen as his political/social views by default?

Banned

Default Re: Obama cameo in TRANSFORMERS 3?

Won't ever happen.

Whether you like it or not the President is a divisive figure, so putting Obama in Transformers would be a mistake.
    Republicans would be pissed, it would create unwanted controversy, and besides what if by 2012 his approval ratings have slipped to George W levels???

IMO it wouldn't be wise for the President of the United States to appear in major blockbuster.

Well... he was in the Colbert Report...
    "to punish and enslave"

Well, we already know that the president in the first movie was clearly Bush. That was a no brainer ("could you wrangle me up some Ding-Dongs, darlin'?" ). But, I was a little shocked when they put Obama's name in TF2. For one thing, Republicans don't want it, but surprisingly, neither would Democrats and Obama supporters, like myself, if you really look carefully at what happened in the movie. His named was suddenly associated with "the president that's pissed off at NEST and wants to shut it down and hand over Sam Witwicky to the Decepticons." But make Obama the hero type in this movie, and Republicans will hate it. We want a movie that pleases the whole spectrum. I'm sure Bay didn't mean to do this, as the use of his name in the film was a late edition. (after all Obama is a Bay fan. )

If they seriously wanted a tyrannical president in the movie to be pissed off at NEST and shut it down, they should have used the fictional Theodore F. Allen. But I doubt that'll happen, and hope that we simply have the generic "the president" in TF3.

I think you're really wikipedia... only accurate!
    "to punish and enslave"

i don't want real life presidents in movies.

in contact, they digitally included bill clinton in that movie. i really hated that. the movie was ruined for me.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    in contact, they digitally included bill clinton in that movie. i really hated that. the movie was ruined for me.

Oh, I remember that.

It was kinda weird, but to be honest it didn't ruin the movie for me.

Could have been a lot worse...

i'm pretty sure obama is to busy attempting to save the country.

lol, I hope this thread doesn't end up turning into some kind of debate.

Obama? I believe that became there never on one cameo arise let in. But it will not nevertheless certainly have time. So which is nevertheless not well for the call. Not in reflect it thus now then none likes. Separate rather in the political reflect. Oh so, Kennedy had been inserted not also in Forest Gump with? Or was that more genuinly arises from it? Oh no, there he was no more among us than the film was nevertheless turned. hihi
    Sam Witwicky: He peed on you? Bad Mojo! Bad!
    Ironhide: Bad Mojo! Ugh, my foot's gonna rust...

This is the only serious beef I had with the movies, in that they used actual presidents. Would be better to use anonymous ones. Plus, it doesn't add a date to the movies, which can kill a movie's lasting impact over time.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    i don't want real life presidents in movies.

See, I'm not talking about a digitally manipulated doppelganger culled from pre-existing footage. I'm talking about using the real deal, which would be pretty unprecedented in movie history. Obama could be seen on a large monitor screen addressing General Morshower, when Optimus suddenly intrudes on the conversation. (Think how surreal that could be: Obama talking to Optimus Prime!)

Sadly, BeetleJuice sounds all too right: No matter how unbiased or even-handed they'd make Obama's scene, people would still be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    See, I'm not talking about a digitally manipulated doppelganger culled from pre-existing footage. I'm talking about using the real deal, which would be pretty unprecedented in movie history. Obama could be seen on a large monitor screen addressing General Morshower, when Optimus suddenly intrudes on the conversation. (Think how surreal that could be: Obama talking to Optimus Prime!)

Sadly, BeetleJuice sounds all too right: No matter how unbiased or even-handed they'd make Obama's scene, people would still be offended.
    that's even worse