Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

Germantown, Tennessee, United States, 108188919203286, Germantown, Tennessee

Cool Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

Hey everyone!! Who things Bay should take a break from Transformers franchise!! Also do you thing it would be Good yes or no!! Explain your answer!! I think Bay Should take a break and give the franchise some space!!

AKA TransBay2

Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

Well...

It is a persons decision to take their career to the places they want it to be. However if your career leads you to a place where you can earn a hundred million for spending two years of your life... well... I think that's about as high as you can go.

I would love it if Mr. Bay would keep doing Transformer Movies, the writers have done a great job at expanding the story to a realism/real life, and his shooting methods keep the action at pace. If I could see 2+ more transformers movies from Michael Bay, that would just be freakin' awesome...

...But I will settle for one final, cataclysmic blow out!!!

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

I really love his Transformers movies, but personally I think it's time for him to move on and do something else.

He should definitely make "Pain & Gain" or at least a movie with a similar story, and I'm absolutely sure that he will do a great job ( as always ).

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...ead.php?t=3947

There's your answer directly from Mr Bay himself

If he wants one he should get it...

He has other things he wants to work on, and it'd be frustrating to have to put them aside, so he wouldn't have the same focus. A break will clear his mind, and I'm sure if a great robot idea comes to him, he'll write it down.
    "to punish and enslave"

Now what exactly does he mean by that? Break from filming Giant Robots specifically or just a break from filming altogether? I mean the guy once said that filming ROTF was like filming three movies at once. It wouldn't hurt if the guy actually got a chance to spend a year's worth of RnR at his "AWESOME" house.

he should do Halo then continue TF
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

I would like to see him do a couple of movies without explosions. So far, he has busted the box office on his visuals alone. I Would really like for him to get into a character rich story before returning to the action genre. Maybe then he will see his failings in the Transformer movies.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I would like to see him do a couple of movies without explosions. So far, he has busted the box office on his visuals alone. I Would really like for him to get into a character rich story before returning to the action genre. Maybe then he will see his failings in the Transformer movies.
    You mean, his failings, in your opinion.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

I think he should do his small movie, that will give Orci and co time to work on a less rushed script, then he can come back do what he does best for a 3rd trip into the TF universe.

But after 3 I think it's time for the franchise as a whole to be left alone for awhile, then we can have a reboot. Because Bay will surely be burned out on giant robot action, and cgi by then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    But after 3 I think it's time for the franchise as a whole to be left alone for awhile, then we can have a reboot.

I agree that the franchise should be left alone, but a reboot?

The Transformers movies are two of the most successful films of all time ( without even including a third one ), and I really don't know who will have the balls to even say to a studio, "Let's reboot the TF franchise" ( maybe it'll happen - 50 years from now )

But in a short term, you reboot something that is basically dead, you don't reboot a franchise that is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    I agree that the franchise should be left alone, but a reboot?

The Transformers movies are two of the most successful films of all time ( without even including a third one ), and I really don't know who will have the balls to even say to a studio, "Let's reboot the TF franchise" ( maybe it'll happen - 50 years from now )

But in a short term, you reboot something that is basically dead, you don't reboot a franchise that is alive and well.
    I'm thinking more 5 to 10 years than 50. Hollywood moves so fast these days if Bay leaves after three movies, the studio won't wait 50 years. Do you really want another director coming in and messing with Bays universe? That rarely goes well.

I mean in my ideal world Bay would do 5 or 6 TF movies, however that probably wouldn't be best for his career. So if another director comes in a few years down the line, I'd sooner them start a fresh with their own vision than trying to copy, and stick inside Mikes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Now what exactly does he mean by that? Break from filming Giant Robots specifically or just a break from filming altogether? I mean the guy once said that filming ROTF was like filming three movies at once. It wouldn't hurt if the guy actually got a chance to spend a year's worth of RnR at his "AWESOME" house.
    He said he needed a break from robots- so I think he means he just wants a small break from TF. He has said he has some other ideas he wants to work on... so he'll still be making movies, just no cars that turn into robots with canons for a year.
    "to punish and enslave"

I'm thinking more 5 to 10 years than 50. Hollywood moves so fast these days if Bay leaves after three movies, the studio won't wait 50 years. Do you really want another director coming in and messing with Bays universe? That rarely goes well.

I mean in my ideal world Bay would do 5 or 6 TF movies, however that probably wouldn't be best for his career. So if another director comes in a few years down the line, I'd sooner them start a fresh with their own vision than trying to copy, and stick inside Mikes'.
    So true, So true. I'm going to assume your thinking of the Aliens universe and Burton's Batman. But remember there are times different directors can help a franchise, like Harry Potter. ... OK, OK maybe not this last one but the majority of them.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

Yes he should take a break! I wouldn't want to see a Transformers movie when he is stessed out in directing it. It just wouldn't be as good.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    You mean, his failings, in your opinion.
    No.... No I don't.

No.... No I don't.
    So you are making it a statement of fact. Well since I don't have an issue with many of Michael's "failings" that you seem to, what you claim to be fact is really just a theory or to translate, your opinion.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

So you are making it a statement of fact. Well since I don't have an issue with many of Michael's "failings" that you seem to, what you claim to be fact is really just a theory or to translate, your opinion.
    No, Not really. The flaws in story telling are there and very definable. Just because they don't bother you, doesn't mean they are not there.

No, Not really. The flaws in story telling are there and very definable. Just because they don't bother you, doesn't mean they are not there.

And just because you think that Bay can't tell a story, it doesn't mean it's true.

You know what some say - "People see what they want to see".

And you definitely don't need "the perfect story" in order to make a good movie - look at Spielberg's Duel and Tony Scott's Man on Fire.

"Duel" was basically a chase movie start to finish and "Man on Fire" was nothing more than the old story about revenge.

In other words, nothing really interesting when it comes to storytelling.....but Scott and Spielberg made these movies watchable and intriguing with the help of the camera, the locations, the music, the pacing and the editing.

Same with Bay and his films.
    Last edited by Bayhem; 08-13-2009 at 02:36 AM.

So true, So true. I'm going to assume your thinking of the Aliens universe and Burton's Batman. But remember there are times different directors can help a franchise, like Harry Potter. ... OK, OK maybe not this last one but the majority of them.

Yeah was definately thinking of Batma, and the later Aliens films. I think Potter has worked ok with different directors, I struggle to think of any other franchises though, other than Bourne after Greengrass came onboard.

Infact that's probably the answer to making it work with other directors without rebooting, keep Bay on as a very hands on producer, like Liman was on Bourne.

Yeah was definately thinking of Batma, and the later Aliens films. I think Potter has worked ok with different directors, I struggle to think of any other franchises though, other than Bourne after Greengrass came onboard.

Infact that's probably the answer to making it work with other directors without rebooting, keep Bay on as a very hands on producer, like Liman was on Bourne.
    And Lucas with the original Star Wars trilogy.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    And just because you think that Bay can't tell a story, it doesn't mean it's true.

You know what some say - "People see what they want to see".

And you definitely don't need "the perfect story" in order to make a good movie - look at Spielberg's Duel and Tony Scott's Man on Fire.

"Duel" was basically a chase movie start to finish and "Man on Fire" was nothing more than the old story about revenge.

In other words, nothing really interesting when it comes to storytelling.....but Scott and Spielberg made these movies watchable and intriguing with the help of the camera, the locations, the music, the pacing and the editing.

Same with Bay and his films.
    I haven't seen Dual, but Man on Fire was an excellent story. It had a tremendous amount of character depth, a great reveal, and a coherent plot, with a clear and acceptable resolve.

I haven't seen Dual, but Man on Fire was an excellent story. It had a tremendous amount of character depth, a great reveal, and a coherent plot, with a clear and acceptable resolve.

I completely agree about the character depth, but other than that ( my opinion, of course ) it was a classic revenge story with all the twists and turns of the genre - we think the girl was dead, but she's actually alive, the hero dies in the end and so on and so forth.

I still love the movie though.

By the way, you should definitely see "Duel".

It's pretty intense.

Yes, i think he should do something more then just TFs.

^ Especially if there is stuff he *really* wants to work on...
    Can you imagine having those ideas in your head, and being capable of doing them? Frustrating!
    "to punish and enslave"