Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

  1. #1
    Member TransBay2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germantown, Tennessee, United States, 108188919203286, Germantown, Tennessee
    Posts
    52

    Cool Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Hey everyone!! Who things Bay should take a break from Transformers franchise!! Also do you thing it would be Good yes or no!! Explain your answer!! I think Bay Should take a break and give the franchise some space!!

    AKA TransBay2

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mech_1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Well...

    It is a persons decision to take their career to the places they want it to be. However if your career leads you to a place where you can earn a hundred million for spending two years of your life... well... I think that's about as high as you can go.

    I would love it if Mr. Bay would keep doing Transformer Movies, the writers have done a great job at expanding the story to a realism/real life, and his shooting methods keep the action at pace. If I could see 2+ more transformers movies from Michael Bay, that would just be freakin' awesome...

    ...But I will settle for one final, cataclysmic blow out!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.
    Posts
    2,251

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    I really love his Transformers movies, but personally I think it's time for him to move on and do something else.

    He should definitely make "Pain & Gain" or at least a movie with a similar story, and I'm absolutely sure that he will do a great job ( as always ).

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...ead.php?t=3947

    There's your answer directly from Mr Bay himself

  5. #5

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    If he wants one he should get it...

    He has other things he wants to work on, and it'd be frustrating to have to put them aside, so he wouldn't have the same focus. A break will clear his mind, and I'm sure if a great robot idea comes to him, he'll write it down.
    "to punish and enslave"

  6. #6
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Now what exactly does he mean by that? Break from filming Giant Robots specifically or just a break from filming altogether? I mean the guy once said that filming ROTF was like filming three movies at once. It wouldn't hurt if the guy actually got a chance to spend a year's worth of RnR at his "AWESOME" house.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Michael Do's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,553

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    he should do Halo then continue TF
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

    My Blu-ray collection.

  8. #8
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,118

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    I would like to see him do a couple of movies without explosions. So far, he has busted the box office on his visuals alone. I Would really like for him to get into a character rich story before returning to the action genre. Maybe then he will see his failings in the Transformer movies.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  9. #9
    Senior Member Hanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I would like to see him do a couple of movies without explosions. So far, he has busted the box office on his visuals alone. I Would really like for him to get into a character rich story before returning to the action genre. Maybe then he will see his failings in the Transformer movies.
    You mean, his failings, in your opinion.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    I think he should do his small movie, that will give Orci and co time to work on a less rushed script, then he can come back do what he does best for a 3rd trip into the TF universe.

    But after 3 I think it's time for the franchise as a whole to be left alone for awhile, then we can have a reboot. Because Bay will surely be burned out on giant robot action, and cgi by then anyway.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Bayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.
    Posts
    2,251

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    But after 3 I think it's time for the franchise as a whole to be left alone for awhile, then we can have a reboot.

    I agree that the franchise should be left alone, but a reboot?

    The Transformers movies are two of the most successful films of all time ( without even including a third one ), and I really don't know who will have the balls to even say to a studio, "Let's reboot the TF franchise" ( maybe it'll happen - 50 years from now )

    But in a short term, you reboot something that is basically dead, you don't reboot a franchise that is alive and well.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    I agree that the franchise should be left alone, but a reboot?

    The Transformers movies are two of the most successful films of all time ( without even including a third one ), and I really don't know who will have the balls to even say to a studio, "Let's reboot the TF franchise" ( maybe it'll happen - 50 years from now )

    But in a short term, you reboot something that is basically dead, you don't reboot a franchise that is alive and well.
    I'm thinking more 5 to 10 years than 50. Hollywood moves so fast these days if Bay leaves after three movies, the studio won't wait 50 years. Do you really want another director coming in and messing with Bays universe? That rarely goes well.

    I mean in my ideal world Bay would do 5 or 6 TF movies, however that probably wouldn't be best for his career. So if another director comes in a few years down the line, I'd sooner them start a fresh with their own vision than trying to copy, and stick inside Mikes'.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Now what exactly does he mean by that? Break from filming Giant Robots specifically or just a break from filming altogether? I mean the guy once said that filming ROTF was like filming three movies at once. It wouldn't hurt if the guy actually got a chance to spend a year's worth of RnR at his "AWESOME" house.
    He said he needed a break from robots- so I think he means he just wants a small break from TF. He has said he has some other ideas he wants to work on... so he'll still be making movies, just no cars that turn into robots with canons for a year.
    "to punish and enslave"

  14. #14
    Senior Member Hanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    I'm thinking more 5 to 10 years than 50. Hollywood moves so fast these days if Bay leaves after three movies, the studio won't wait 50 years. Do you really want another director coming in and messing with Bays universe? That rarely goes well.

    I mean in my ideal world Bay would do 5 or 6 TF movies, however that probably wouldn't be best for his career. So if another director comes in a few years down the line, I'd sooner them start a fresh with their own vision than trying to copy, and stick inside Mikes'.
    So true, So true. I'm going to assume your thinking of the Aliens universe and Burton's Batman. But remember there are times different directors can help a franchise, like Harry Potter. ... OK, OK maybe not this last one but the majority of them.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

  15. #15
    Senior Member swishbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,069

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Yes he should take a break! I wouldn't want to see a Transformers movie when he is stessed out in directing it. It just wouldn't be as good.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

  16. #16
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,118

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    You mean, his failings, in your opinion.
    No.... No I don't.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  17. #17
    Senior Member Hanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    No.... No I don't.
    So you are making it a statement of fact. Well since I don't have an issue with many of Michael's "failings" that you seem to, what you claim to be fact is really just a theory or to translate, your opinion.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

  18. #18
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,118

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    So you are making it a statement of fact. Well since I don't have an issue with many of Michael's "failings" that you seem to, what you claim to be fact is really just a theory or to translate, your opinion.
    No, Not really. The flaws in story telling are there and very definable. Just because they don't bother you, doesn't mean they are not there.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  19. #19
    Senior Member Bayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.
    Posts
    2,251

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    No, Not really. The flaws in story telling are there and very definable. Just because they don't bother you, doesn't mean they are not there.


    And just because you think that Bay can't tell a story, it doesn't mean it's true.

    You know what some say - "People see what they want to see".


    And you definitely don't need "the perfect story" in order to make a good movie - look at Spielberg's Duel and Tony Scott's Man on Fire.

    "Duel" was basically a chase movie start to finish and "Man on Fire" was nothing more than the old story about revenge.

    In other words, nothing really interesting when it comes to storytelling.....but Scott and Spielberg made these movies watchable and intriguing with the help of the camera, the locations, the music, the pacing and the editing.


    Same with Bay and his films.
    Last edited by Bayhem; 08-13-2009 at 02:36 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    So true, So true. I'm going to assume your thinking of the Aliens universe and Burton's Batman. But remember there are times different directors can help a franchise, like Harry Potter. ... OK, OK maybe not this last one but the majority of them.

    Yeah was definately thinking of Batma, and the later Aliens films. I think Potter has worked ok with different directors, I struggle to think of any other franchises though, other than Bourne after Greengrass came onboard.

    Infact that's probably the answer to making it work with other directors without rebooting, keep Bay on as a very hands on producer, like Liman was on Bourne.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Hanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    Yeah was definately thinking of Batma, and the later Aliens films. I think Potter has worked ok with different directors, I struggle to think of any other franchises though, other than Bourne after Greengrass came onboard.

    Infact that's probably the answer to making it work with other directors without rebooting, keep Bay on as a very hands on producer, like Liman was on Bourne.
    And Lucas with the original Star Wars trilogy.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

  22. #22
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,118

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    And just because you think that Bay can't tell a story, it doesn't mean it's true.

    You know what some say - "People see what they want to see".


    And you definitely don't need "the perfect story" in order to make a good movie - look at Spielberg's Duel and Tony Scott's Man on Fire.

    "Duel" was basically a chase movie start to finish and "Man on Fire" was nothing more than the old story about revenge.

    In other words, nothing really interesting when it comes to storytelling.....but Scott and Spielberg made these movies watchable and intriguing with the help of the camera, the locations, the music, the pacing and the editing.


    Same with Bay and his films.
    I haven't seen Dual, but Man on Fire was an excellent story. It had a tremendous amount of character depth, a great reveal, and a coherent plot, with a clear and acceptable resolve.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  23. #23
    Senior Member Bayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.
    Posts
    2,251

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I haven't seen Dual, but Man on Fire was an excellent story. It had a tremendous amount of character depth, a great reveal, and a coherent plot, with a clear and acceptable resolve.

    I completely agree about the character depth, but other than that ( my opinion, of course ) it was a classic revenge story with all the twists and turns of the genre - we think the girl was dead, but she's actually alive, the hero dies in the end and so on and so forth.

    I still love the movie though.


    By the way, you should definitely see "Duel".

    It's pretty intense.

  24. #24
    Senior Member HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,034

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    Yes, i think he should do something more then just TFs.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Who Things Bay Should Take a Break from Robots.

    ^ Especially if there is stuff he *really* wants to work on...
    Can you imagine having those ideas in your head, and being capable of doing them? Frustrating!
    "to punish and enslave"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •