Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official RoTF discussion thread 3 /Reviews go here [ SPOILERS ]

Default Re: Official RoTF discussion thread 3 /Reviews go here [ SPOILERS ]

urarydo makes very valid points and is entitled to his opinion

I agree with some of it and yet i still enjoyed the hell out of this movie and I still want to watch it again
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    urarydo makes very valid points and is entitled to his opinion

I agree with some of it and yet i still enjoyed the hell out of this movie and I still want to watch it again
    You have to really balance the action with the story. It seems like the movie might turn into more of a... HP6 if you try to digest too much information, where as you can have a movie you will watch 50 times like TF1 because the action is so intense you might sort of "lose yourself" in it.

But I could imagine that it would be difficult to introduce a new character. How could you do something within 60 seconds that leaves the audience satisfied, and the character explained, such as Jolt, Arcee, or Sideswipe.

However I think they did over introduce the twins... it would have been nice to see the team switch up midway through so that rather than bumblebee and the twins helping Sam, Leo, and Mikaela the entire time it might be Ironhide, Sideswipe, and Ratchet at the midpoint / near end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    You have to really balance the action with the story. It seems like the movie might turn into more of a... HP6 if you try to digest too much information, where as you can have a movie you will watch 50 times like TF1 because the action is so intense you might sort of "lose yourself" in it.

But I could imagine that it would be difficult to introduce a new character. How could you do something within 60 seconds that leaves the audience satisfied, and the character explained, such as Jolt, Arcee, or Sideswipe.

However I think they did over introduce the twins... it would have been nice to see the team switch up midway through so that rather than bumblebee and the twins helping Sam, Leo, and Mikaela the entire time it might be Ironhide, Sideswipe, and Ratchet at the midpoint / near end.

Oh, man you hit it right on the head with HP6. And I READ the book ages ago and loved it, whereas the movie left me feeling a little flat.

As much as I love ROTF, really, it could've used some serious editing. We could have done without Sam's Mom on the brownies and Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg. Instead, screentime would have been better devoted to just a few simple scenes of the new 'Bots interacting with the soldiers or how they dealt with Optimus Prime's death, if only to give more insight into who they are.
    "I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Stitch View Post
    Oh, man you hit it right on the head with HP6. And I READ the book ages ago and loved it, whereas the movie left me feeling a little flat.

As much as I love ROTF, really, it could've used some serious editing. We could have done without Sam's Mom on the brownies and Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg. Instead, screentime would have been better devoted to just a few simple scenes of the new 'Bots interacting with the soldiers or how they dealt with Optimus Prime's death, if only to give more insight into who they are.
    What are the chances that we might see a "fandom edit" like what they did with Star Wars: Episode I?

Now that would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    What are the chances that we might see a "fandom edit" like what they did with Star Wars: Episode I?

Now that would be interesting.

Fandom editing? I've never heard of that.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    Fandom editing? I've never heard of that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom_Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post

RATS! Not much hope of me getting my fuzzy blue paws on that one. But a fan edit of that caliber for ROTF would be awesome!

Still, who's to say we wouldn't have a director's cut version of ROTF? Peter Jackson did it for LOTR and I like the extended versions of the LOTR trilogy much more than the theatrical releases.
    "I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Stitch View Post
    RATS! Not much hope of me getting my fuzzy blue paws on that one. But a fan edit of that caliber for ROTF would be awesome!

Still, who's to say we wouldn't have a director's cut version of ROTF? Peter Jackson did it for LOTR and I like the extended versions of the LOTR trilogy much more than the theatrical releases.
    If I'm not mistaken, the only reason Jackson was able to do that was because he was filming the trilogy back to back to back and he all ready had the cast assembled for the extra filming needed.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

I saw the movie for a 3rd time in the first run theater (last week I assume) and I have a question:

-What happened to Wheelie? Last we saw of him was at the checkpoint in Egypt.

-Did the Twins(disliked them) get killed(thankfully) off screen by Devastator?

I still enjoyed the movie. Felt the same emotions (entertained, dazed, content, disliked the Twins).

Quote Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
    I saw the movie for a 3rd time in the first run theater (last week I assume) and I have a question:

-What happened to Wheelie? Last we saw of him was at the checkpoint in Egypt.

-Did the Twins(disliked them) get killed(thankfully) off screen by Devastator?

I still enjoyed the movie. Felt the same emotions (entertained, dazed, content, disliked the Twins).
    -Who knows
    -Who knows, but gotten killed? Nope. If they were to get killed we would have seen it.

Is it out of theaters in any areas? I don't think they are playing it here anymore. If they are, it's at a very odd time.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

a lot of people complained that TF movies was just one big GM commercial. Doesn't it make sense for the cars to be mostly GM vehicles since they LANDED in the US? IT wouldn't be that way if Bay shot the film in Germany and still used GM vehicles. 99% he woulda made bumblebee like yellow lambo or something...
    people need to stop complaining

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    Is it out of theaters in any areas? I don't think they are playing it here anymore. If they are, it's at a very odd time.

Yeah, it finished here weeks ago.
    "to punish and enslave"

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
    Yeah, it finished here weeks ago.

The end ( of the entire theatrical run ) is near.

It's time for DVD/Blu-ray.

Anyone else notice that at www.transformersmovie.com, if you click watch the trailer + more, and then click film clip, (other than the beginning where he says "Bee, i wan", at the end when he said "Megan Jump", from the theater and imax version, they slapped on a correction to it? But it sounds like a jumbled word and "jump".

After another viewing of ROTF, i just notice that the SW scene were use twice. One scene is when Wheelie report to SW that he located the shard and the same scene after MEg and SS at the top of the building

(I'm not a native speaker, so I'm asking you to bear with me if I make mistakes =))

Alright, I might be very late, but I've got a question.

What was is with the people from Mission City? Meaning:
    At the end of Transformers 1, there is the huge fight. So what is with the memory of all the people who saw and experienced the fight in Mission City? Did hundreds of American citizens have to sign a secrecy form? Or did I miss an explanation that was given?

No, the gov't covered up the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

that's it? :/

I love ROTF but the only thing i didn't like about it was how weak the Acree triplets were. Serously if your going to a make female Autobot make sure she can last a little more then five seconds when fighting Decepticon such as Bonecrusher alright? That's all i'm asking. Other then that the movie kicked major ass.

Banned

Well I've seen all disc 2 now ( not including the allspark stuff)

Pretty cool, very funny

I really liked the extended debs scene it shows on disc 2... Too bad Canada doesn't have IMAX version cuz then I could watch it as part of the film

This is greatest movie! Tha main movie of the year! The main sequel in cinema! I very much like "Transformers 2", it is brilliant work, it is very impressive action and greatest CGI work on creation of robots. This is really one of the best movies I ever saw!

My wishes to third part is - more fight scenes! Impressive battles and many interesting robots-transformers. Devastator and Forest Fight are the best scenes in ROTF, I hope in third part of franchise there will be much scenes like them. Fighting robots rules! Michael is the greatest director of the world!

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Does anybody know when Megan drops the 'F' bomb?
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

Banned

When Sam dies, she says f*cking do something....turn on the subtitles if you need to...

And my question: WTF is with that random British guy (whateva the decepticons awe afta...) that guy....randooommm

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

He was just some random guy who was playing a NEST member in Egypt. He impressed MB with his TF knowledge so he got extra screen time.
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.