Thread: One of my fondest memories of the movie....

Default One of my fondest memories of the movie....

Would have to be the crowd interaction with the movie. Especially on the first day it came out. When Barricade ran after Bumblebee and then Transformers into a car to chase him...the crowd went fucking ape shit. It was awesome. People started screaming and clapping. It's shit like that, that makes you know your seeing something special.

I live in Sweden and I've never seen a movie which get a reaction like that. We sorta just sit there nice and quiet and watch the flick So no one went apeshit while watching Transformers but I felt a vibe that people were enjoying it. They laughed a lot though, and only at the stuff that were supposed to be funny. I've heard of audiences where people laughed during the Optimus Prime narration

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    I live in Sweden and I've never seen a movie which get a reaction like that. We sorta just sit there nice and quiet and watch the flick So no one went apeshit while watching Transformers but I felt a vibe that people were enjoying it. They laughed a lot though, and only at the stuff that were supposed to be funny. I've heard of audiences where people laughed during the Optimus Prime narration
    ya, i always hear about how in Europe nobody cheers and shit, they just sit there and watch and laugh if it's funny. But the cheering is such an integral part of the theater going experience for me.

It's like when your watching something at home with a bunch of good friends and you all proclaim something awesome when you see it, expect in the theaters its on a massive scale. The sharing of that first time experience is awesome.

I like the way American audiences express their emotions. Japanese audiences are uber quiet (while they are enjoying the movie).
    I saw "The Rock" in San Francisco, that was so memorable. I wish I could see Transformers in such a wonderful atmosphere.

Ya everyone cheering when optimus prime goes through the cloud of fog right before he transformers for the first time and then cheering again when he says those words "I am Optimus Prime" i got watery eyed and i felt goosebumps going all throughout my body.

I remember the audience went nuts when Bumblebee changed his car-mode and came back as the new Camaro.

It was the same experience for me too!
    I hobbled to the theater on crutches to the advanced screening and people were cheering,yelling out when optimus narrated,laughing at all the right places.
    Most of the time that would bother me a bit but in this case I understood peoples unthusiasm for the movie and the long awaited anticipation, I first heard about it a good three years before it came out.
    Now we look forward to the musical score and the dvd release and the sequels of course.

"You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
    Ya everyone cheering when optimus prime goes through the cloud of fog right before he transformers for the first time and then cheering again when he says those words "I am Optimus Prime" i got watery eyed and i felt goosebumps going all throughout my body.
    At exactly the same scene, I get my eyes watery every single time (11 times now). That scene is amazing.
    Last edited by sora; 09-07-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added

In my theatre there was applause left and right for the movie and when the end credits began to roll the crowd went apeshit like they were at a concert. I waited for the "a MICHAEL BAY film" credit to roll hoping someone would cheer but I ended up being the only one. I was fucking loud too.

Quote Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
    i got watery eyed by the sheer awesomeness of the movie....first time somethign so awesome has gotten me watery eyed...i think it was due to the fact that....what this movie displayed is shit i've been wanting to see since a kid...and my days of watching robotech and transformers, and growing up on anime and mechs

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Hands View Post
    I remember the audience went nuts when Bumblebee changed his car-mode and came back as the new Camaro.
    same here....the sudiences generally cheered at all the same times...the 6 times i've seen it...or when the hot chick (dunno how to spell her name) opens the hood and reveals the engine...the crowd ALWAYS went "oooooo...holy shit"

My fondest memories from Transformers was when the rest of the Autobots land on Earth, Bay had done a terrific job slowly building up to that. And the music gave me goosebumps.

My second favourite scene was the end battle, not how cool the effects or anything where but how it was written. The Autobots and humans working together as a team and not just a bunch of guys running around trying to take everything on by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    I like the way American audiences express their emotions. Japanese audiences are uber quiet (while they are enjoying the movie).
    I saw "The Rock" in San Francisco, that was so memorable. I wish I could see Transformers in such a wonderful atmosphere.
    Oh yeah, I remember watching Kill Bill in Tokyo and they were so quiet while me and my brother and friends couldn't help but react audibly (not intentionally) to certain scenes. And we had to stay til the end of the credits to be respectful because in Japan they don't get up until the end credits are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember watching Kill Bill in Tokyo and they were so quiet while me and my brother and friends couldn't help but react audibly (not intentionally) to certain scenes. And we had to stay til the end of the credits to be respectful because in Japan they don't get up until the end credits are finished.
    Maybe we Japanese audiences are going fucking ape shit silently in our head. But sometimes I want to react audibly, especially as to this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    Would have to be the crowd interaction with the movie. Especially on the first day it came out. When Barricade ran after Bumblebee and then Transformers into a car to chase him...the crowd went fucking ape shit. It was awesome. People started screaming and clapping. It's shit like that, that makes you know your seeing something special.
    On that very scene when barricade jumps back into car mode to chase bumblebee my MOM goes wow!! & at the very point she wasa believer...hooked until the credits rolled...by the time it came to the end of that long scene when bumblebee transforms and opens the door for them to hop in she says as giddy as a lil kid "i gotta get me one of THOSE" and ends with "this seems so familiar" of course faintly remembering the toys she bought me as a young lad

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheeOne View Post
    On that very scene when barricade jumps back into car mode to chase bumblebee my MOM goes wow!! & at the very point she wasa believer...hooked until the credits rolled...by the time it came to the end of that long scene when bumblebee transforms and opens the door for them to hop in she says as giddy as a lil kid "i gotta get me one of THOSE" and ends with "this seems so familiar" of course faintly remembering the toys she bought me as a young lad
    when i saw it with my mom after the movie my mom says "i started to remember those toys now". she makes me so proud hahaha.

Default yup yup

Iagree with the scene with barricade transforming to pursue bumblebee,and then the chase!!!!The fondest memory was after the movie people yelled and pointed as we left the theatre at 12:30 P.M. showing.My 7yr. old looked out the window and started smiling ear to ear.I will never forget that look.....THANKS

Dude, judging from the title of this thread, one gets the sense that this movie came out about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Dude, judging from the title of this thread, one gets the sense that this movie came out about 10 years ago.

In ten years I will still feel the same way about it...nothing but good memories.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

Haha, I thought the same thing. Like people that say Back in the Day to stuff that happened like a year ago.

The masterpiece makes people feel nostalgic for the first day, even though it's just a couple of months ago.