Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decepticons unusually bad cannon fodder? (SPOILERS)

Default Re: Decepticons unusually bad cannon fodder? (SPOILERS)

should work
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

My point exactly, the SS from the first movie is a badass, he takes on 2 Autobots and can easily stand up to both of them while also taking on a whole squadron of jet fighters by himself.

In ROTF he suddenly has a change of heart, big time, he gets rocked by Optimus, Megatron and in the most important fight does absolutely nothing even though he looks much, much better with the tattoos.

So it's a mixed bag for SS for me, first movie he was badass in fighting but his look wasn't that great. Second movie he was crappy in fighting but he looked cool while sucking

The movie was just one long Decepticon shooting gallery. Michael Bay must have no idea that the Decepticon fanbase is much MUCH larger than the Autobot fanbase. The Decepticons were far more brutal and far more aggressive in the last film. Blackout took out an entire military base, Barricade stalked Sam and Bumblebee and survived somehow, Bonecrusher went berserk on Optimus, Starscream took out more than half of an entire squadron of fighters jets and defeated both Ratchet and Ironhide, Brawl was nearly impossible to bring down, and Megatron killed Jazz and kicked Prime's ass from one block to the next. Even Frenzy and Scorponok raised hell. So what I want to know is...what the hell happened to that same brute force and aggression? Megatron went from being a ruthless, brutal, savage, and monstrous psychopath to a humble and loyal sidekick for the Fallen. Megatron was made to look like a bitch. Even the Fallen who is supposed to be the Transformers equivalent to the Devil was made to look pretty weak. If the Decepticons weren't running away, they were getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime4President View Post
    The movie was just one long Decepticon shooting gallery. Michael Bay must have no idea that the Decepticon fanbase is much MUCH larger than the Autobot fanbase. The Decepticons were far more brutal and far more aggressive in the last film. Blackout took out an entire military base, Barricade stalked Sam and Bumblebee and survived somehow, Bonecrusher went berserk on Optimus, Starscream took out more than half of an entire squadron of fighters jets and defeated both Ratchet and Ironhide, Brawl was nearly impossible to bring down, and Megatron killed Jazz and kicked Prime's ass from one block to the next. Even Frenzy and Scorponok raised hell. So what I want to know is...what the hell happened to that same brute force and aggression? Megatron went from being a ruthless, brutal, savage, and monstrous psychopath to a humble and loyal sidekick for the Fallen. Megatron was made to look like a bitch. Even the Fallen who is supposed to be the Transformers equivalent to the Devil was made to look pretty weak. If the Decepticons weren't running away, they were getting killed.

I'm a fan for both sides. I just like certain bots.

Where can I find this fanbase information?
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

Michael Bay must have no idea that the Decepticon fanbase is much MUCH larger than the Autobot fanbase.
    Hmmm, I had no idea either. Some proof would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Hmmm, I had no idea either. Some proof would be nice.
    I grew up watching G1 so it's kinda something you just have to take my word for. Besides...the Decepticons are just far more interesting characters than the Autobots. You got Megatron, Starscream and the Seekers, Soundwave and his minions, the Insecticons, the Constructicons who form Devastator, the Combaticons who form Bruticus, the Stunticons who form Menasor, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, and Shockwave who is practically in control of Cybertron in Megatron's place.

I grew up watching G1 so it's kinda something you just have to take my word for. Besides...the Decepticons are just far more interesting characters than the Autobots. You got Megatron, Starscream and the Seekers, Soundwave and his minions, the Insecticons, the Constructicons who form Devastator, the Combaticons who form Bruticus, the Stunticons who form Menasor, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, and Shockwave who is practically in control of Cybertron in Megatron's place.

It may sound funny, but alot of us here have watched pretty much every G1 episode, and alot of us here have made our own personal judgments on what it was.

Myself: Good guys always win, bad guys always lose. Fight fair. Eat your vegetables, bla bla bla. The storylines back then were not intricate, just pleasant enough for a saturday morning cartoon.

Your movie analysis question can easily be answered in one of the other threads

My question is:

Where did you get the "fact" that the decepticon fanbase is much larger?
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Autobot View Post
    It may sound funny, but alot of us here have watched pretty much every G1 episode, and alot of us here have made our own personal judgments on what it was.

Myself: Good guys always win, bad guys always lose. Fight fair. Eat your vegetables, bla bla bla. The storylines back then were not intricate, just pleasant enough for a saturday morning cartoon.

Your movie analysis question can easily be answered in one of the other threads

My question is:

Where did you get the "fact" that the decepticon fanbase is much larger?
    Exactly. He only mentioned all the wonderful stuff the Decepticon's themselves had. He never went on to tell how the Decepticon fanbase reflects that, his username, "Prime4President" even contradicts it.

Maybe the Decepticons didn't seem quite as aggressive this time, but I would chalk that down to the fact that last time, the humans were unprepared, and we as audience didn't know what to expect, whereas this time, they are prepared, and we as the audience 'know what's coming'. Also, the Decepticons are probably a bit more cautious this time, as they know that humans are capable of killing them.

And it's not as if the Decepticons didn't get any lethal shots off: Demolishor destroys a good chunk of highway making his escape, the ball-bearing robot (I believe he's called Reedman) kills a man by running into him, Megatron sinks a submarine by ramming it, Megatron stabs Optimus and shoots him from inside, and Paris - a highly populated city - and an aircraft carrier have Decepticons just slam into them, causing untold damage.

And the Fallen, he doesn't even use a gun or a bladed weapon in the final confrontation: he levitates tanks and planes and drops them. Optimus defeated him by taking him by surprise so he could get into close-quarter combat.

They look like they are being wiped out by the merciful good autobots.Prime looks like he is more interested in revenge than the decepticons are. Isn't it suppose to be the other way around? Maybe the next movie will explain why Prime hates decepticons so much.They destroyed their planet and doesnt' want it to happen again. When the fallen introduces his plan to destroy the sun and give a lot of energon so their kind will survive. Starscream is there holding a baby decepticons that died right after he hatched because of the lack of energon.