Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: RotF on DVD/Blu-Ray

Default Re: Transformers: RotF on DVD/Blu-Ray

Simply put, they've edited (cut, added and or changed, I don't know) the dialogues to appeal to younger audiences and families...
    Si vis pacem para bellum...

My sister works at Target and she just taunted me by saying that they got the shipment of the DVDs in today. It's the transforming box that I really want. She's being extra mean by saying that she won't set one aside for me.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    She's being extra mean by saying that she won't set one aside for me.

I think you're talking about my sister. :lol

For a specially advertised feature, this looks like garbage
    http://www.optimusexperience.com/

if that's true that's sweet
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

At my store (Futureshop) we get new releases about a week in advance. and that goes for all new music/game/movie relases with a huge orage sticker on the box saying "DO NOT SELL UNTIL 20/10/2009" all over the box. lol we've already opened the boxes to count and the steelbook is just awsome. bayos awsome

Got mine pre-ordered at Blockbuster in Blu-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
    Got mine pre-ordered at Blockbuster in Blu-Ray.
    I feel pretty lucky, got it last thursdag. Pre-ordered imported american release "plays on my region 2 blu ray, it is region free" Ordered it a month ago from a swedish webshop and got it 5 days to early.

Here are my opinions "ramblings" on the release and some facts about some stuff. Maybe spoilers.

I can confirm that the release i got is in no way different from the theatrical. No changes to dialog etc..

Ive watched all the supplemet material, found all the hidden easter eggs. Same type of easter eggs as in the transformers 1 dvd/blu-ray. Just push left and right in the menus to find them.

The supplements are great! The human factor goes deep into the making of the film, interviews with everyone and it feels personal. I have a greater respect for michael bay after seeing through all this, and at the same time i feel a little sorry for him. He worked so damn hard on the movie till the last minute and i dont think that the current theatrical version is the version he was working to finish. At the end of the documentary when theres only 2 hours left for the asian premiere of the film he is still doing color corrections and fixes.

I think the final result of the film that was released reflects this both in the level of detail and the fact that the final cut that was released was not really finished and perfectly polished.

Im a filmmaker myself and i can relate to that, its very inspirational to se Michael who is a big director who easily could have not cared and just let it go. He puts so much hard work into the movie, and i am grateful for that. I grew up with transformers and always wanted to se it adapted.

I watched it with my brother who also is a filmmaker. The first thing we both said. We gotta get out and make another movie. 1+ for Michael twho inspires.

There are some deleted scenes on the disc, but nothing extradonirary. They feel more like blooper reels of improvised jokes than scenes.

Visual bayhem is fun, i hoped to see some animatics on transformers 1 supplements. I love supplemets that show a bit from the creative process, how it evolves to final versions.

There are trailers for the movie, trailers for transformers are great so it was fun rewatching them getting back the feelings i had during the pre-release.

Nest data hub is fun, lots of facts about robots and you can study the diffents versions going back to G1.

Bay in Tokyo was a fun little featurette also, funny when the try to transform Michael.

25 years of transformers is nothing special. Interviews with hasbro and talking about the brand.

My favorite featurette of all is giant effin movie. Its funny personal and one of the best supplemets ive seen ever! I see the image of my mother! Dear god i laughed so hard i almost feel of the couch! When i see this i wish i had worked on this movie.

And i still havent solved the allspark experiment, dear god i want the message from the future! When i come home i will play this game till i have all the robots, come hell or high water this puzzle will be defeated!

So thats a little on disc 2.

Disc 1 is the movie, its sounds awesome the transfer is great! No changes from theatrical cut at all. Im hoping that there will be a different version in the future, dont take me wrong i love the movie! Its alot better then transformers 1. Overall i was much more engaged in the storyline than i was seeing the first movie. Even though they had problems making it.

I think the movie is better because its darker, theres more adventure and emotonial scenes in it. And the first time i saw it i was chocked when prime died. So i was very engaged in the story from there, i love it when they are looking for clues to save optimus. Finding jetfire, tomb of the primes etc.

I feel a bit in a minority to say that i like mudflap and skids. I thought they were funny already when i saw it on the premiere in the theater, and that was before i read the reviews and opinions. I think they are funny and in the end they are actually pretty heroic they fight devs for christ sake. Brave little twins. When i watched the blu ray my 3 months son laughed as soon as they appeared. Babies usually dont react to movies. But he loves the twins. And the fact they are racist is bullshit. Michael Bay canīt be racist, he made the bad boys films. When i see the twins i just think of all the white hip hop wannabees out there. They are wannabees and they are young autobots who reflects teen society today.

Theres been alot of pyramids and such in movie lately but i think it fits in great in this one.

The complaints i have on the movie is that some of the jokes feel rushed. Probably because the movie was a troubled production overall. I dont mind humour in the transformers films, there are alot of jokes in rotf that are great! But there are some that are obvious improv "something that usually are great in michael bay films" that feel off. Like fallen calling mum and hash brownies on campus etc.

I also didnīt like that they have stock footage from the first film. Atleast look for alternative takes for this. And i think the movie still would have made sense without stock material. For example they use the same shot of the asteroids in space from transformers 1. If they didnīt have time for a new render, they could have just used the shots for the new movie only. Raptors scrambing also feels unesserary to reuse.

But all the good scenes in the movie overweigh the bad. Optimus forest fight is great, the end action in egypt is awesome overall.

I dont mind the small robot apperances "Rc and Jolt" it gives me a bobba fett feeling. I just see it as a good thing to have some mysterious side character robots.

Well thats what i have to tell you, great release great movie. Im pretty confident that tf3 will be special. Because theres no strike this time and more time to refine a better script.

I also hope Mikaela gets her own guardian for the next movie, just as Sam has Bumblebee. It would make sence that she and a robot like RC would be friends because she likes to ride a motorcycle.

What if we leave and youre wrong! Optimus is awesome!

I hopefully will get the 2 disc transforming Bumblebee tomorrow or Wednesday. They're also selling a boxset with TF1 and TF2, but normal versions.
    Can't wait for my transforming little DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I hopefully will get the 2 disc transforming Bumblebee tomorrow or Wednesday. They're also selling a boxset with TF1 and TF2, but normal versions.
    Can't wait for my transforming little DVD!

I'm getting it too! I'm going around 9:30 in the morning since I have a morning shift.

Got my Blu-Ray at Blockbuster (2 Discs) around midnight.

Got mine! I tried to get that Optimus game to work, but it's so difficult. I pointed my camera at it like a webcam and go it to come up on my computer, but it just didn't work.

Wal-Mart. Midnight. Feel Dirty.

Got mine at Wal-Mart last night at midnight as well. Watched most of the movie and then stopped it and put commentary on, but I feel asleep. I had to at least watch through the forrest battle. Looked absolutely awesome!

got my copy hour ago. omg it look great, especially the forest scene. shift aspect ratio ftw!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    Got mine! I tried to get that Optimus game to work, but it's so difficult. I pointed my camera at it like a webcam and go it to come up on my computer, but it just didn't work.
    Mine barely works too. I think it depends on the camera. Mine is built in and it's like 1.3 megapixel...In other words, it sucks.

okay, i got my steelbook from futureshop..its awsome..BUT i went to two Walmarts and they had NO IDEA what the 'Imax version' was; they didnt have it....now, is it exclusive to USA?

try Big Screen Edition, they might know. if not, then they fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Got my Imax version today already. Sucks for those of you who dont have it yet. Sucks for me because now Im stuck at work for the rest of the day.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Got it. Can't wait to hear the commentary...always my favorite part.

Thumbs up Re: Transformers: RotF on DVD/Blu-Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Got it. Can't wait to hear the commentary...always my favorite part.
    It won't disappoint and neither will the supplementary material. Lauzirika put together an impressive (almost exhaustive) making-of. Loved watching the entire process.

Banned

im getting it in 45 minutes!! w00t!!

I just gotta keep telling myself that the MB autograph will be worth the wait! But, its makin' me crazy! I so suck at that whole "patience" thing!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

The Wal-mart/Imax version is great. Its a shame they put that sticker on a cardboard graphics cover... leave the sticker on or risk it

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    The Wal-mart/Imax version is great. Its a shame they put that sticker on a cardboard graphics cover... leave the sticker on or risk it
    It comes off really easy. Don't be afraid to take it off.