Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: RotF on DVD/Blu-Ray

Default Re: Still love the Verizon Fios commercial

i wonder how much bumble bee cost... i want him in my backyard..
    "Like them, there is more to us then meets the eye"---Optimus Prime

Default Option for TF2 blu ray

I like when Sony gave us the option to view spiderman 2 bluray deleted scenes within the movie without going to special features to view them..

Michael, is it possible for you to put this option on the blu ray so we wont have to go to special features to view it---give us a theatrical view option and alternate view with deleted scenes included--with the imax scene thingy like that dark knight

Thanks
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Default Re: Transformers: RotF on DVD/Blu-Ray

and option to merge deleted scenes into the movie(like spider man 2) instead of going to special features
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Default Re: TF2 on DVD??

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    Well, the first Transformers came out July 1'st, and came out on DVD October 16th.

Second Transformers came out June 24th, and to follow the same time line would come out about October 7th. So a Sept 30th date (one week in advance) might seem reasonable.

It is kind of crazy how fast these Transformer movies are coming out on DVD, most popular movies take twice as long.
    It would be safe to assume this, however PM/DW just announced the DVD/BD release date for Start Trek (which opened in May) as being November 17. I don't know if that is going to play into the release date for ROTF. Also, if Charles De Lauzirika is working on this disc, like Bay stated he is, I'm willing to wait whatever time they need to put together a pretty nice release. *crosses fingers*

In General: Assuming there were to be an "extended or director's cut" of the film, yes seamless branching would indeed be cool.

I surely hope the September 30th date is when it comes out, I want to own this flick on Blu ray as soon as possible.

I also hope we get some kind of extended cut. Although all the critics said it was too long, to me, I can never have enough Transformers.

put some deleted scenes
    and extra scene like in the 1st one "starscream retreat from Earth"

I want them to put megs scene in nemesis , where megs say "let my army arise" in nemesis .

i want uuber amounts of extras in 1080i HD. fuck 480p extras! i'm sure they are gona release like a delux pack with a steelbook or holographic art book. it just beter not be a dissapointment in terms of extras like TDK Bluray. I got the steelbook of that (in Canada) but dammn it sucks..not even a commentary track.

I would ask that both the shifting IMAX scenes and any additional deleted scenes be selectably integrated via seamless branching on the Blu-Ray. I'd especially like the IMAX ratio to be selectable to accomodate CIH (constant image height) front projection setups.

Found this tidbit on the bluray.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/dvd...ormers-2-16525

But the highlight of the previews came from Charles de Lauzirika with extras from the eventual disc of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, the No. 1 box office earner of the year, which Lauzirika said would be “fully loaded and awesome.”

Lauzirika, who hinted he was working on a new Blu-ray set for the four “Alien” films, said he was surprised to find that Michael Bay’s office had contacted him through Facebook to recruit him as the franchise’s new DVD producer. Lauzirika then proceeded to skewer the director with some tongue-in-cheek video, beginning with an introduction from Bay himself.

“I’m actually stuck in L.A. rigorously trying to finish the DVD for Transformers,” Bay said. “I understand Charlie is on your panel. The DVD is not #@%!^# finished, so get your #@%!^# ass back here!”

Then, footage highlighted Bay’s on-set antics in dealing with situations that didn’t meet his satisfaction.

“It’s a real honest look at him,” Lauzirika said. “A peek at the Michael Bay experience.”

Other producers on the panel praised the clip as an example of the need for independent producers to make extras for disc.

“A studio wouldn’t produce that Michael Bay piece,” Stephenson said. “They just wouldn’t.”

Gross said filmmaking is often a “painful process” and that “studios don’t always want to show that, but that makes it more interesting.”

Ling agreed. “You really have to find what’s unique about the production,” he said.

“If you show a happy-go-lucky everything-is-fine documentary, who cares if the film turned out great?” Lauzirika retorted.

Added Gross: “It’s always been about content. People are interested in how films are made and the extremes of the people who make them.”

Quote Originally Posted by TransBay2 View Post
    For the Blu-Ray I hope it has a lot of Behind the Scenes! And The Making of Trans 2, a 2 disc set would be nice.
    I hope for some deep documentaries behind the scenes (crew, cast, digital FX, pyrotechnics, military).

Quote Originally Posted by IHeartBayhem View Post
    I surely hope the September 30th date is when it comes out, I want to own this flick on Blu ray as soon as possible.

I also hope we get some kind of extended cut. Although all the critics said it was too long, to me, I can never have enough Transformers.
    September 30th is TOO early in my opinion.

^ Maybe they'll put out a movie cut, and maybe a version with a few extras on Sept. 30th, and put out something with more later? I think they do that... maybe.
    "to punish and enslave"

I hope that the movie features some good stuff!..
    I had to buy the first movie 2 times!... DvD and the 2 disc edition!

Also i heard that Paramount does 4 releases for a movie!

1* Just the movie
    2* 2 disc edition
    3* Director's cut
    4* ( Monster Edition ) Which contains all 3 above!

and so fans have to buy them all!

What I wanna see is the 4K scans of the 35mm scenes spliced with the IMAX scenes. I hate the IMAX DMR processing all they do is apply DNR and Edge Enhancement which reduces image detail because of the removal of the original film grain and causes ugly white halos around the edges of objects.
    You can't spell film without ILM - Industrial Light and Magic

Default Dvd info, Bay comments about #3

It looks like the Dvd will have extra scenes! Mr. Bay says that he will do another movie before #3. Link below.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/new...-fatigue-16506

It looks like you can pre-order it here.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....p=1&id=2011873

Default Re: Dvd info, Bay comments about #3

Good article. Im a little surprised that we have not heard from Mike in the past few weeks. The film is eclipsing record after record. Great work again Mike and hope you can appear on the forums again soon...

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Thanks for the link.

My favorite part is: “There are a lot of scenes we weren’t able to fully incorporate, and we’re going to make it as exciting as we can for the fans.”

Sounds good to me.

That's great, i hope he sell's all of them together, and according to Michael Bay the extra footage is just more fighting scenes.

A little more info about the Bluray release:

uber amounts of extras

If Im not wrong Extra fighting scenes were In IMAX, but I dont know about DVD.

He'll do another movie before #3 is weak imo. make up for the mess you made of #2 and make up for it fast.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    make up for the mess you made of #2 and make up for it fast.

I really don't know why ( sometimes ) you're so harsh.
    Do you even like Michael Bay and his films?

Quote Originally Posted by jamjam101 View Post
    A little more info about the Bluray release:

uber amounts of extras
    Definitely getting the Blu-Ray edition then.

Here are the two things that I'd really love to see in the DVD release of ROTF"

1) SWAPPING OUT SOUNDWAVE'S DR. CLAW VOICE FOR HIS SYNTHESIZED VOCODER VOICE

Soundwave's unique voice is instrumental in establishing his character. If this happened, thousands of fans would be ecstatic and it would be sure to help bolster DVD sales.

2) ADDITION OF A TEASER CLIP WITHIN THE END CREDITS SIMILAR TO THE FIRST MOVIE.

I would love to see a clip in the end credits of the movie showing Soundwave watching from space (an over the shoulder perspective might be nice) as Megatron and Soundwave rise up through earth's atmosphere. Soundwave would then disengage from the spy satellite, transform into his jet mode, and blast off to meet up with Megs and Starscream and they all take off into deep space.

IT MIGHT BE ALREADY TOO LATE TO INCORPORATE THESE TYPES OF CHANGES FOR THE DVD, BUT IF IT WERE STILL POSSIBLE I THINK THESE WOULD BE GREAT ADDITIONS PROVIDING THE ICING ON THE CAKE.

IF YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA, LET'S LET THE POWERS THAT BE KNOW! BOOYA!

Transformers now up for pre-order on Amazon. I'm sure the price will go down a little bit before release...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=bluray-060-20

i perfer dvd not bluray i have ps3 but only use it for gaming use dvds are cheaper & i dont want to spend another 400. on dvds again when there is only bluray out bluray only has new releases on dvds bluray doesnt have the old movies in black & white or movies form the 80, 70, 60, 50, 40 or any thing else before that just some of the 90 movies & up no anime titles, no nothing.

yeah there is some anime titles on bluray but just few all the other anime titel prince of tennis, akira & many more are on normal dvd