Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: RotF on DVD/Blu-Ray

Default Re: Transformers: RotF on DVD/Blu-Ray

Yep, I just saw the date at my f.y.e. It's official, get your Optimus Prime costumes and get ready to bob for some energon apples because we're going to celebrate this Halloween with a little...Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    get your Optimus Prime costumes and get ready to bob for some energon apples because we're going to celebrate this Halloween with a little...Revenge.
    I won't be surprised if they actually use this for the DVD/Blu-Ray commercials.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    "All that live must die, passing through nature to eternity." - William Shakespeare

i really hope the box shots are real. I LOVED TF1 box art. Optimus side shot looking down. from what it looks like TF2 is Optimus head shot with battle damage. Love it. They better keep it that way. i hate busy box art covers...any seen the new HULK bluray cover art? its like they took a screen capture from the film. :lol

I don't get why it's coming out before Star Trek, but it's all good. The earlier the better.

What was that about a interactive Optimus hologram? That would be cool. And zapping to life your custom characters. Awesome, but not as great as hearing what Michael is thinking of doing for the third.

I think I will pickup this BD copy together with PS3 Slim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

All the features and release dates are official. If someone gets the blueray, please post some images of its special features

Hey, no IMAX version for the Blu Ray?

Tidbits of what you guys have already been posting (re:Blu-Ray):

Link (with cover art)

Paramount has just announced 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' for a fall high-definition release.
    Michael Bay's summer blockbuster continuing the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons will be available in stores on Blu-ray on October 20.

The 2-disc Blu-ray will feature 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video, an English Dolby TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack, and will come loaded with supplements including: Commentary by Michael Bay, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman; The Human Factor: Exacting Revenge of the Fallen—This multi-chapter documentary chronicles the entire creation of the film and includes interviews with the cast and crew; A Day with Bay: Tokyo—An intimate and fun all-access journey with Michael Bay as he travels to Tokyo, Japan for the world premiere of the biggest film of the year; 25 Years of TRANSFORMERS—Access an all-new featurette celebrating a monumental milestone for one of Hasbro’s most successful and popular franchises; NEST: Transformer Data-Hub—Explore conceptual artwork created by the production for 12 of the most popular AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS from the film; Deconstructing Visual Bayhem with Commentary by Pre-Vis Supervisor Steve Yamamoto— A series of multi-angle pre-visualization sequences allowing viewers to learn how some of the film’s most spectacular scenes were created with an introduction by Michael Bay; Extended Scenes; and a Music Video: Linkin Park’s “New Divide.”

Exclusive to the Blu-ray is The ALLSPARK Experiment—Viewers get their chance to unleash the power of the recently recovered ALLSPARK shard on Earth vehicles. Begin by selecting and customizing a vehicle with a selection of parts and accessories. Then apply the ALLSPARK to this creation and watch what happens. Applying the ALLSPARK to certain custom combinations enables four new robot characters with special powers. If viewers discover all four, they unlock a fifth vehicle, which reveals a top secret message about the future of the TRANSFORMERS movie franchise; NEST: Transformer Data-Hub—A database of some of the TRANSFORMERS characters that appear in the new film, offering users access to each robot’s confidential file; Giant Effing Movie – A very personal look at the making of the movie; and The Matrix of Marketing—An archive of the film’s promotional media including trailers, posters and television spots.

The Blu-ray and two-disc DVD packages also will feature augmented reality technology that will allow owners to interact with a holographic image of OPTIMUS PRIME utilizing their webcams and a special website. Fans will be asked to piece together the Matrix of Leadership to bring OPTIMUS PRIME back to life, help repair his armor and calibrate his weapons by actually controlling his aim during target practice.

As an added bonus, the Blu-ray will include an exclusive interactive feature that gives viewers the ability to customize their own robot characters and get a glimpse at a rogue robot. Out of all the available permutations, one will unlock an exclusive interview with Michael Bay about his plans for the next adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by IHeartBayhem View Post
    Hey, no IMAX version for the Blu Ray?
    That's what I want to know!

Unhappy Re: Transformers: RotF on DVD/Blu-Ray

sounds like the special features will be 'human-heavy' as well. *sigh*

The official announcement just appeared is disappointing if that means that there will be no 3-disc Blu-Ray IMAX edition of the movie, and that obviously would mean no Director's Cut/Extended Cut either.

Back in June it was Michael Bay himself that announced that there would have been another version of the movie on Blu-Ray with IMAX:

------->

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2977

Michael Bay Talks Transformers 2 Blu-ray

Posted June 24, 2009 10:47 AM by Juan Calonge

Michael Bay has already intimated some details about the Blu-ray edition of 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'. It's going to have "lots of stuff" and is being produced by "Ridley Scott's DVD guy" – in other words, the extraordinary Charlie de Lauzirika. Bay also confirmed that the BD version will have variable aspect ratio for the scenes shot in IMAX, like 'The Dark Knight' did.

"We're going to do a special IMAX SKU," said Bay, "where it'll open up for those scenes. You can see top to bottom."

-------<

So, now.. is that special version still in the works, will it be an Extended Cut/Director's Cut and not just IMAX or what? Is it going to be released at a later date like December, maybe?
    I understand that producers and investors might want everyone to buy the movie Blu-Ray discs twice but that would be just a way to annoy people when everyone was already expecting at the very least the IMAX version to be available... I hope an announcement is going to be made soon and I would love (like many others if studios and producers read forums and polls on the 'net on the subject) to see an Extended Cut/Director's Cut on that special SKU for IMAX version.

Or is the IMAX version a dead project now? And if yes, for what reason could it be? Rumors were still talking about a special 3-disc Blu-Ray version but so far the only official announcement doesn't talk about not even IMAX anymore and there are just some "extended scenes" on the second disc of DVD and Blu-Ray versions.. which is really disappointing.

October 20th, baby! I can't wait. I'm going to get it the second I have a chance that day.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

totally agree with wingzero above

i think we can expect various versions and releases in the future...more $$$ from the fans

sweet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Got a question here: The 2 disc special edition will be only for Blu-Ray?
    'Cause if it is, I'm going to be pissed.

A lot of movies have announced "directors cut" or "extra special editions" long long after hoards of people have already bought the first disk prints.

I would ( and am going to ) wait a while to see if the same happens here. I don't need to be buying the same movie twice. Besides, after a while the price usually drops when the movie's no longer "in season" to buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Got a question here: The 2 disc special edition will be only for Blu-Ray?
    'Cause if it is, I'm going to be pissed.
    http://www.michaelbay.com/newsblog/f...c71f3-558.html

Quote Originally Posted by jamjam101 View Post
    i just hope there are hours of behind the scenes footage

and directors cut of course
    What you saw in theaters was the director's cut. Bay has final cut on his movies.

Can't wait to pick this up on Blu-Ray. Looking forward to the commentary Bay is always gold when he does commentary and will be interesting to hear the thoughts of Orci, and Kurtzman.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    What you saw in theaters was the director's cut. Bay has final cut on his movies.

So i guess that means the in the Bluray version there will be a extended version..?

I'm soo exited to unlock the secret Bay interview and his plans for next film. It better be some news to blow all us fans away....like waaayyy away!...in a good way.

and what about the box art of Optimus head shot in white backround with battle damage? I kinda liked that one...any slip cover to go with the bluray?

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    October 20th, baby! I can't wait. I'm going to get it the second I have a chance that day.

I already preordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I already preordered it.
    I'm going to wait and see if Target does the transformer DVD box again. You could only get it in stores and it would match my other one!
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I already preordered it.

That makes two of us.

Personally, I can't wait to hear the commentary.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    I'm going to wait and see if Target does the transformer DVD box again. You could only get it in stores and it would match my other one!

I'm straight BD now... and I'm never going back. I need a newer HDTV though. Mine is nice, but I can do better. First thing is to drop my Mustang and get a nifty hybrid Highlander, though.