Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

  1. #1

    Exclamation Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Now, I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed somehow somewhere in this forum, but since there has not been any precice and official answer by now, I'd kindly ask you Mr. Bay:

    -> Why on earth did you have to confuse your audience by

    1. letting Barricade vanish by the end of the first movie and not reappear in the second,

    2. sneeking Bonecrusher in at the final desert scene in the new movie,

    3. placing the same decepticons in two or even more scenes at the same time in which they happen to act in an other (like the Constructicons at the end of the TFROF, that appear at two spots at the same time!!)

    4. wraping up Sams left hand with a bondage (after he had landed in Egypt) that came out of nowhere ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

    I'm awfully sorry, but you should have thought of stuff like this more precicelly beforehand, since you know how big the Transformers-Fancommunity is and how focusing they/we are! Small mistakes may happen even to the most professional moviemakers, but stuff like this automatically draws the audiences attention to the all over impression of the movie and makes them feel unsatisfied!:wtf

    These "mistakes" may occur irrelevant to you but for us they are a MAJOR issue that's like a spike in ones eye. They concern us very much and I think you have some explaining to do.....somehow you owe it to your viewers, since we paid for your movie and have the right to criticise.
    Ans remember, it was you Mr. Bay, who took up the idea to make live-action movies out of a tremendously popular comic series, so take responsibility and clarify this please.

    You may call me stupid, or even a freak or fanatic, but don't you think that I'm right?


    Regards
    Henri
    Austria / Vienna

  2. #2
    Senior Member Optimash Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA, United States
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    I can answer number 4: Shia hurt his hand in an automobile accident..... it was written in to mask the "real life" injury....


    And if you really are teletran1 then you should kknow all these answers..I mean your the eye in the sky
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    I believe I can answer 3 in that at Botcon Hasbro said that there's more than one version of each Constructicon, the Constructicons are basically a group of drones.

    Which I guess also explains the Bonecrusher lookalike too.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,115

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimash Prime View Post
    I can answer number 4: Shia hurt his hand in an automobile accident..... it was written in to mask the "real life" injury....


    And if you really are teletran1 then you should kknow all these answers..I mean your the eye in the sky
    He meant that the bondage appeared out of nowhere. They wrote the injury in the script, but as I watched that part, Sam went from "OW MY HAND HURTS!" Mikaela came (at least that's how I remember it), then suddenly it's all nicely rapped up. Where did the gauze and all of that wonderful stuff come from? Did Mikaela have a first aid kit wit her?

    OH, and he doesn't know all of this because he's just Teletran 1. Teletraan 1 knows all.
    Last edited by Trailbreaker; 07-08-2009 at 10:32 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Andreas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Teletran1 View Post
    Now, I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed somehow somewhere in this forum, but since there has not been any precice and official answer by now, I'd kindly ask you Mr. Bay:

    -> Why on earth did you have to confuse your audience by

    1. letting Barricade vanish by the end of the first movie and not reappear in the second,

    2. sneeking Bonecrusher in at the final desert scene in the new movie,

    3. placing the same decepticons in two or even more scenes at the same time in which they happen to act in an other (like the Constructicons at the end of the TFROF, that appear at two spots at the same time!!)

    4. wraping up Sams left hand with a bondage (after he had landed in Egypt) that came out of nowhere ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

    I'm awfully sorry, but you should have thought of stuff like this more precicelly beforehand, since you know how big the Transformers-Fancommunity is and how focusing they/we are! Small mistakes may happen even to the most professional moviemakers, but stuff like this automatically draws the audiences attention to the all over impression of the movie and makes them feel unsatisfied!:wtf

    These "mistakes" may occur irrelevant to you but for us they are a MAJOR issue that's like a spike in ones eye. They concern us very much and I think you have some explaining to do.....somehow you owe it to your viewers, since we paid for your movie and have the right to criticise.
    Ans remember, it was you Mr. Bay, who took up the idea to make live-action movies out of a tremendously popular comic series, so take responsibility and clarify this please.

    You may call me stupid, or even a freak or fanatic, but don't you think that I'm right?


    Regards
    Henri
    Austria / Vienna
    He doesn't owe you a goddamn thing.

    And you're wrong.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    The decepticons looks alike BECAUSE they havent scan and get their shape yet. They just arrived to EARTH to kick autobots' ass and how would they have time to go scan a car/airplane for their shape. I presume Egypt is quite a deserted place as where they have filmed so there wont be any vehicles.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimash Prime View Post
    I can answer number 4: Shia hurt his hand in an automobile accident..... it was written in to mask the "real life" injury....


    And if you really are teletran1 then you should kknow all these answers..I mean your the eye in the sky
    hmm, thanks for the try but I already knew that with Shias real injury BUT that still doesn't explain where Mikaela got the bondage from all of a sudden!!

    And yes I am Teletran1, but i can not look into a humans brain like Michael Bays! :lol

    As you said- eye in the sky, not grain in the brain!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    He meant that the bondage appeared out of nowhere. They wrote the injury in the script, but as I watched that part, Sam went from "OW MY HAND HURTS!" Mikaela came (at least that's how I remember it), then suddenly it's all nicely rapped up. Where did the gauze and all of that wonderful stuff come from? Did Mikaela have a first aid kit wit her?

    OH, and he doesn't know all of this because he's just Teletran 1. Teletraan 1 knows all.

    my words !!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    He doesn't owe you a goddamn thing.

    And you're wrong.

    oh you're so cheap and pathetic! :deadhorse1::deadhorse1::deadhorse1::lol

  10. #10
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,115

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by jianwei View Post
    The decepticons looks alike BECAUSE they havent scan and get their shape yet. They just arrived to EARTH to kick autobots' ass and how would they have time to go scan a car/airplane for their shape. I presume Egypt is quite a deserted place as where they have filmed so there wont be any vehicles.
    What about the several Constructicon clones running around? They got their shape didn't they? oh, and Gridor, why does he look EXACTLY like Blackout? Is that his twin brother or cousin or something who just happened to pick an MH-53 chopper like Blackout?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Does the bandage thing honestly matter? Not having a go serious question.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,115

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    Does the bandage thing honestly matter? Not having a go serious question.
    That's actually the least of my problems with this movie.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by jianwei View Post
    The decepticons looks alike BECAUSE they havent scan and get their shape yet. They just arrived to EARTH to kick autobots' ass and how would they have time to go scan a car/airplane for their shape. I presume Egypt is quite a deserted place as where they have filmed so there wont be any vehicles.

    yeah well,.....that's also a way to interpret it BUT a movie like this is not subject to being iterpreted by the audience -> it's supposed to be plain entertainment. Now IF - and only IF you're right, then this is a first class example of a missleading-script failure, that evidently pushes the characters and the story into such a complicated circuumstance of which the director can hardly pull them out, without destroying or changing the storyline tremendously.

    But I don't think so,....I assume that something went wrong when they cut the movie and so things got mixed up a little....

  14. #14

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    Does the bandage thing honestly matter? Not having a go serious question.
    not really, but it's one more obvious misstake and a bit to be ashamed of, since if a main actor gets injured during a filming process in such a way that it can not be hid easily, then it's necessary to plug it into the storyline very well and to make sure that it doesn't confuse the audience all of a sudden!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Teletran1 View Post
    not really, but it's one more obvious misstake and a bit to be ashamed of, since if a main actor gets injured during a filming process in such a way that it can not be hid easily, then it's necessary to plug it into the storyline very well and to make sure that it doesn't confuse the audience all of a sudden!
    Aren't must people like me and just don't give it a second thought though?

    I do understand your other irks with the movie though, but I think they bother us as fans more than they do the casual movie goer.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    Aren't must people like me and just don't give it a second thought though?

    I do understand your other irks with the movie though, but I think they bother us as fans more than they do the casual movie goer.
    could be, sure.....but I think if something is that obvious it's just not tolerable, but that's my way to see it.
    But you're right, it might not matter to the average recipient....

  17. #17

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    How ever, I'd really like Michael Bay and his production team to read this and in the best case give a short online-statement on this issue or at least on the special DVD of TFROF when it comes out.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Optimash Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA, United States
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Teletran1 View Post
    How ever, I'd really like Michael Bay and his production team to read this and in the best case give a short online-statement on this issue or at least on the special DVD of TFROF when it comes out.
    True...I'm hoping for deleted scenes maybe an half hours worth, that would just cover a lot of this .....
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

  19. #19
    Senior Member MrX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,581

    Default Re: Dear Mr. Bay, I'd kindly ask you to read this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    He meant that the bondage appeared out of nowhere. They wrote the injury in the script, but as I watched that part, Sam went from "OW MY HAND HURTS!" Mikaela came (at least that's how I remember it), then suddenly it's all nicely rapped up. Where did the gauze and all of that wonderful stuff come from? Did Mikaela have a first aid kit wit her?

    OH, and he doesn't know all of this because he's just Teletran 1. Teletraan 1 knows all.
    Couldn't Mikaela have gotten the gauze from Simmons off camera? I mean, if he had stun guns why not a small First Aid kit?

    And Trailbreaker, I'll take your word that Teletraan 1 knows all.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •