Thread: grindor or blackout or different character

Default grindor or blackout or different character

who this ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: grindor or blackout or different character

Quote Originally Posted by ironhide1950 View Post
    who this ?
    The pic on the right looks like Blackout from the first movie. His hand looks the same as the hand that came down and locked onto the server in the opening scene of TF1. The right hand has the tail rotor weapon just like in TF1 as well. I have no idea what robot is in the left pic.

It's a protoform with a Blackout/Grindor head, capturing Sam's parents.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhide1950 View Post
    who this ?

It's Grindor from the forest scene on the right and a protoform on the left with no name.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

The left is a protoform.

Edit: Wow you guys beat me

To be clear protoform = robot that has not scanned an earth based disguise yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    It's Grindor from the forest scene on the right and a protoform on the left with no name.
    btw Grinder was dead by the time that protoform took Ron and Judy

I think it's blackout because I heard a review saying

*spoiler* the navy guys said 5 robots went down to Megatron and 6 robots coming up (I can't remember if this is correct). anyways, on robot got scrapped to bring Megatron back to life, so that means two new bots came up. Unless you count the "doctor," which I doubt was big enough to detect. *spoiler*

anyways, if this is "Grinder" it would be like having Vin Disel play a character in a movie, then having him play a completely different and unrelated character in the second. Plus, Did anyone catch BoneCrusher in the Decepticon charge in the desert?

What is up with Transformers 1 and 2 and there continuty errors. I'm surprised anyone other than fans can follow this movie.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post

*spoiler* the navy guys said 5 robots went down to Megatron and 6 robots coming up (I can't remember if this is correct). anyways, on robot got scrapped to bring Megatron back to life, so that means two new bots came up. Unless you count the "doctor," which I doubt was big enough to detect. *spoiler*

anyways, if this is "Grinder" it would be like having Vin Disel play a character in a movie, then having him play a completely different and unrelated character in the second. Plus, Did anyone catch BoneCrusher in the Decepticon charge in the desert?

What is up with Transformers 1 and 2 and there continuty errors. I'm surprised anyone other than fans can follow this movie.
    Im a huge fan and Im struggling to keep it all straight. According to some though, as long as Optimus is still a good guy and kicks ass the rest of the movie and characters are illrelevent as long as there are a lot of pretty colors and explosions. :lol

Banned

its hard to say... because in that scene there were 6 bots that dropped down. 5 constucticons and Ravage. Excavator, Dozer,Cement Mixer,Dump Truck and Frontend Loader + Ravage. With Megs having tread legs after his revival I thought it might have been the excavator who they killed for parts but they show the Frontend Loader being ripped apart. So as it is said that 6 come up... its unclear where the excavator went. He is never seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    It's a protoform with a Blackout/Grindor head, capturing Sam's parents.

If you look at the protoforms in the desert (final battle) they all basically have the same head. There are screenshots somewhere that I've seen and they do have a "Blackout" look to them.

I thinks just blackout in a new body = new name but still the same bot

Did anyone catch BoneCrusher in the Decepticon charge in the desert?
    Yes! He was there for ONE shot! His body looks different but his head is the same.
    "Science fiction isn't about spaceships, laser-fights, and explosions, Sci-Fi is about placing humanity in extreme positions and examining their reactions and our morality, as well as postulating on our future development as a species and as individuals."

As for the Blackout/Grindor thing, I'm going with Blackout and I'm using my imagination to have the Constructicons revive him and Bonescrusher at the bottom of the sea.
    "Science fiction isn't about spaceships, laser-fights, and explosions, Sci-Fi is about placing humanity in extreme positions and examining their reactions and our morality, as well as postulating on our future development as a species and as individuals."

I'll go with Grindor grunts who look the same with slight variations are nothing new for Transformers. I think if it was Blackout Hasbro would've made more of his resurection, if not Bay.