14 66.67%
  • why should he do that

2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should bay do what they did with POTC 2-3

Default should bay do what they did with POTC 2-3

do you think bay should do TF 2 and film the third or not
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    do you think bay should do TF 2 and film the third or not
    No way. He should do each film alone, as a standalone piece. They did the Matrix sequels at the same time, and they stank, and they don't make any sense as individual films. They made the Lords of the Rings all at once, and they were great, but they only make sense all together. Each TF film should be its own grand slam.

And, there is a steep learning curve on these films. Bay didn't think there would be so much solid fan involvement and support for the first one, or that so many adults would love it. He should take his time and continue to engage the fan community.

Quote Originally Posted by siwel View Post
    No way. He should do each film alone, as a standalone piece. They did the Matrix sequels at the same time, and they stank, and they don't make any sense as individual films. They made the Lords of the Rings all at once, and they were great, but they only make sense all together. Each TF film should be its own grand slam.

And, there is a steep learning curve on these films. Bay didn't think there would be so much solid fan involvement and support for the first one, or that so many adults would love it. He should take his time and continue to engage the fan community.
    I agree Swivel, on all those counts.

My stance on Pirates is that they did two 3 hour 2 star story pics with CGI to make up for a story void of heart. Unlike the first film it was a recycling of the same old RUM jokes and other things. They could have gotten 1 good pic out of the two mediocre ones. I love the first Pirates, and love the first transformers... dear God this would be a mistake. But as 100% of people agree so far... I think I'm preaching to the choir.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Banned

NO!! I think he needs to take his time and do each one as a stand alone and take that time to make the best movie he can.

3? Oy vey.

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    3? Oy vey.
    Yes three...more if possible.....

*jumps up and down like Ratchet when Ironhide threatens to take out the parents.*

I think this franchise can go far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    Yes three...more if possible.....

*jumps up and down like Ratchet when Ironhide threatens to take out the parents.*

I think this franchise can go far.
    Ya what you said!!! I think after the first 3 movies are done Bay and only Bay should do at least one Prequel Movie. Maybe the Cybertron war and go a little deeper into the back story on how the Decepticons became who they are and the takeover by the Decepticons of Cybertron. It really has that Star Wars feel to it. Like how the the Republic became the Empire in the prequel movies of Star Wars. Hay he could even make it a three parter just as Star Wars did.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2879 View Post
    Ya what you said!!! I think after the first 3 movies are done Bay and only Bay should do at least one Prequel Movie. Maybe the Cybertron war and go a little deeper into the back story on how the Decepticons became who they are and the takeover by the Decepticons of Cybertron. It really has that Star Wars feel to it. Like how the the Republic became the Empire in the prequel movies of Star Wars. Hay he could even make it a three parter just as Star Wars did.
    Damn dude......that would be realllllly cool.

Banned

Im telling you Bay really needs to take on some of us as at least script writers helpers or something. Megatron, you, myself and a few others have really came up with some really cool ideas and fresh new things that could be added to any transformers movie, cartoon, book or whatever.

Im telling you Bay really needs to take on some of us as at least script writers helpers or something. Megatron, you, myself and a few others have really came up with some really cool ideas and fresh new things that could be added to any transformers movie, cartoon, book or whatever.
    *sigh*

If only.....*shakes head*

In a perfect world, maybe, but this isn't a perfect world.

Banned

*sigh*

If only.....*shakes head*

In a perfect world, maybe, but this isn't a perfect world.
    Do you think Bay or anyone from his staff reads any of these posts? If not they need to!

Do you think Bay or anyone from his staff reads any of these posts? If not they need to!
    I'm sure that Bay does, considering he's a moderator...

Man oh man....that would be too cool though if something of ours ended up in a script.

Hey Bay, get Orci and Kurtzman over here to see these ideas!!!

i agree they should.. shadow your right we all have

I wouldn't expect to see any serious non-Earth material, at least not from Bay. That sort of things would end up being close to 100% CGI and Bay is all about the real life, live action stunts and action and humor.

i voted no as well

3rd matrix was awesome...the second one sucked...except for that car chase sequence...that was amazing

Michael's never struck me as the "back-to-back-to-back" kind of guy, so I voted no.

Every Michael Bay movie is almost like an event; he invests so much time and energy into one project, there's no time to be thinking "What are we gonna do in part three?"

Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    3rd matrix was awesome...the second one sucked...except for that car chase sequence...that was amazing
    See I'm exactly the opposite, loved #1, #2 was okay, not so crazy about #3, and I wanted to be... Back to the Future -- I just recall the first one (but I want my next car to have a flux capacitator and feed off garbage). Pirates, um, first one still the favorite. Terminator, first still the favorite, but T2 was close. Harry Potter still liked the first one best (to date). Star Wars, #4 and #6. Jaws... the first one. Indiana Jones - #3. So I can't say I don't like sequels, but on an average, the first does tend to be the fav.

I wouldn't expect to see any serious non-Earth material, at least not from Bay. That sort of things would end up being close to 100% CGI and Bay is all about the real life, live action stunts and action and humor.
    Well, if he introduces the Quintessons and involves humans on non-Earth scenarios, he would be able to make more elements from the anime series to come to life and at the same time deliver a broader picture of Transformers and Cybertron...

Quintessons should be part of the 3rd movie if Mr.Bay and his crew really want to have a smash hit able to please sci-fi viewers of series like Star Trek, SG-1, Star Wars and such...

I think that introducing the Quintessons in the 2nd movie having Sector 7 agents tell that they knew about Transformers creatures and the AllSpark thanks to the Quintessons... well, that could be a good start for having even Unicron in the 3rd movie.. or maybe then end the 3rd movie with Unicron approaching Earth.... (and at that point everyone would pray for Mr.Bay and Mr.Spielberg to direct and produce a 4th movie...).
    I think they could be able to deliver an excellent serie of movies and if they would follow these little ideas they could just make them that bit darker and heartbreaking to have any critics shut up and finally understand that Transformers it's not a just for little kids saga.

Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    The only interesting parts of the third one were scenes where they stood around talking about history and the matrix and the architect, like in the first one. The fights in the second and third movies were boring. The CGI was obvious, they ran way too long, and no one ever got hurt. Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    Well, if he introduces the Quintessons...
    well, that could be a good start for having even Unicron in the 3rd movie..
    The Quints? Eh, maybe, in very small doses, but probably not.

And Unicron is right out, no way. He's all-powerful and all-big. Not an interesting character, not an interesting tool for story-telling.

They need to keep it on the same level and just turn it to 11 on the stunts and fight choreography and dialog.

And Unicron is right out, no way. He's all-powerful and all-big. Not an interesting character, not an interesting tool for story-telling.
    Unicron was never meant to be a "character". He's a force of nature, plain and simple - like a hurricane, or the giant meteor from ARMAGEDDON.

As a be-all and end-all threat, Unicron is pretty intimidating.
    Last edited by MitP; 11-28-2007 at 08:03 PM.

I voted the why should he do that - Mr Bay doesn't strike me as the type to follow what others have done.

I myself would like to see a prequel happen - the comics didn't have enough depth for me, just left me wanting to know more of what happened and get into Bumblebee's head more.
    Proceed on your way to oblivion ~ Unicron

*~*~*~*~*

Ironhide: What have you done to Gears, you monster?? You turned him...well...NICE

part of me once to say yes..just so i can have more robot carnage sooner...but another part just wants it all done right