Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROTF, Star Trek & The Dark Knight; Which is better?

Default Re: ROTF, Star Trek & The Dark Knight; Which is better?

This thread is like comparing apples to oranges, but it could be a lot worse. Could you imagine if people were comparing watermellon to arugula? Now that would be some bullshit man!

First, Trail...what can I say. Much respect here. I both agree (actors in ST DID kick ass) and disagree (RoTF had those "moments" for me) with you, but I hate to see you attacked for having an opinion. I value your opinion and do not consider you a hater/non-fan/whatever. So let's leave Trail alone for having an opinion for Peter Cullen's sake!

The enjoyment of a movie is a completely personal experience. Not to rip off your line Sora, but you're absolutely correct. If you absolutely loved this movie, I'm so glad you did. Honestly! For the most part I did too! That's your opinion and it's what you're entitled to feel. Don't jump on someone else for sharing their opinion just because it's different.

Damn I'm sick of the fighting.
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd818 View Post
    This thread is like comparing apples to oranges, but it could be a lot worse. Could you imagine if people were comparing watermellon to arugula? Now that would be some bullshit man!

First, Trail...what can I say. Much respect here. I both agree (actors in ST DID kick ass) and disagree (RoTF had those "moments" for me) with you, but I hate to see you attacked for having an opinion. I value your opinion and do not consider you a hater/non-fan/whatever. So let's leave Trail alone for having an opinion for Peter Cullen's sake!

The enjoyment of a movie is a completely personal experience. Not to rip off your line Sora, but you're absolutely correct. If you absolutely loved this movie, I'm so glad you did. Honestly! For the most part I did too! That's your opinion and it's what you're entitled to feel. Don't jump on someone else for sharing their opinion just because it's different.

Damn I'm sick of the fighting.
    Thanks dude.

And yeah, I'm sick of fighting as well. Watch guys, I bet that when ROTF comes out on DVD I'm probably gonna watch it like 100 times over and over again, lol!

But I'm definitely not going back to see it in theaters. (I only saw TF1 once in theaters, fyi) I actually rarely see a movie more than once in theaters, the only times when I do is when I get invited to go, and in a recent case, Star Trek. If someone invited me to ROTF I'd go again.

Anyways, Sora is right, it's a personal experience, we're all gonna have something different to say. I certainly had! LOL

btw, John, I liked your "for Peter Cullen's sake!" I knew he was God!

different type of movie
    but i never really like the dark knight

i prefer star trek and ROTF
    i like a solid story like star trek , good effects , nice plot , entertaining from the beginning .
    and without a doubt i like super advance robots , hot chicks , outstanding special effects and cgi , cool cars .

so i think i go with Transformers

We're just comparing movies aren't we?

We're still comparing the same type of medium

The better way to put it is which do you like more?

Its not so hard to get an answer out of it

So what if they're different movies, they're still movies.

I think the better question is one of the following:

1) which do you feel had more value?
    2) which do you have a more fun time at?

I think the reason why the thread starter picked these 3 movies is because:

1) Dark Knight is currently the 2nd biggest movie
    2) ROTF is very likely to be 3rd place
    3) Dark Knight and ROTF's B.O. opening has been compared all over the media
    4) Star Trek is the only other BIG sci-fi movie that came out this year so far.
    5) All 3 of them are big budget sci-fi themed movies that are based off of material that has sci-fi elements in them

So why can't that be compared with each other? I think the people who don't wanna compare them just have a hard time saying that they liked one movie more than the other.

I once asked which is better Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon or Hero or House of Flying Daggers and then someone responded saying that I am comparing apples and oranges. What the hell?? They're all mandarin language martial arts movies from China! Why the hell can't I compare them? Just because they take place in differeny dynasties??? That's ridiculous. Movies should be compared with other movies and that's the way it's supposed to be.

If Martin Scorsese released a film in the summer and Michael Bay released a movie also in the summer and they both have star power and possibility of making some big box office numbers, why can't they be compared? Just because they are 2 different genres of movies?? Yes they're different genres, but they came out in the same summer thus they can be compared.

When someone says "What is the better movie?" I think they mean overall from acting, story, action, entertainment value as a whole.
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar

I liked them all for their own reasons.

Even though they are all movies, it is, in essence, comparing apples and oranges.. and pineapples.

You can't compare special effects between Star Trek and TDK. TDK used fuck all visual effects. (I think the glass in the Hospital explosion scene was the most CG they used in that film).

Each have different ways of making themselves great. Non-comparable, one would think.
    Last edited by StefsChemicalRomance; 07-03-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

ROTF was epic, just lacked the ending that TF1 and TDK had

Dark Knight was best movie I says but Star Trek and Transformers movies truly epic.

Dark Knight. Not even in the same league as the other two.

LOL, yall are crazy here! ROTF vs TDK? ROTF is not even in the same league as TDK. TDK was actually good and made sense. Star Trek was better as well, way better.