Thread: F-16, F-18 and F-22 cuts...

Default F-16, F-18 and F-22 cuts...

I'm all for the super quick super loud super fast pace that Michael bay puts everything in for the end fight in ROTF, just like he did in the first one..but I was wondering about the shots used for the planes in particular..

He makes it a point to show like a ton of F-18s launching from the carrier...was it just me or did none of them actually show up in the fight? Why bother showing all that if they aren't there? I mean I get it adds to the action and everything..but upon multiple viewings it would just seem stranger to me each time. Even at the end you can see A-10s which we didn't see launch or anything..

And why were the F-16s dispensing what looked like anti-missle counter measures in the shot that showed they were on the way to the fight? They were just flying along doing it for no reason haha.

Did the Air Force F-22s actually shoot at all? I seem to only recall them circling everything once or twice...I may have missed this.

Seems like there was a lot more of these type of things than the blooper in the first one when there was just that shot of F-16s getting ready to take off when it was really F-22s that were coming haha...

I know I nitpick..sorry..

Default Re: F-16, F-18 and F-22 cuts...

the f22s were blown to bits when the fallen lifted boulders around the pyramid.

the f16s releasing flares, perhaps this is because starscream transforms into an f22, he might have been circling close by.

Possible..but the shot kind of just gives the impression that the F-16s are on the way and then they break formation...were any F-16s shown dropping bombs? I can't remember.

Also can't remember if the F-22s were blown up or what..they were only in like 2-3 shots I thought..

And I can understand not wanting to waste the F-18 footage (or just the editor getting too excited/forgetting?) and such..but it's just kind pointless to see all this stuff about to happen/on the way and then it's over...

Quote Originally Posted by evotitanium View Post
    Possible..but the shot kind of just gives the impression that the F-16s are on the way and then they break formation...were any F-16s shown dropping bombs? I can't remember.

Also can't remember if the F-22s were blown up or what..they were only in like 2-3 shots I thought..

And I can understand not wanting to waste the F-18 footage (or just the editor getting too excited/forgetting?) and such..but it's just kind pointless to see all this stuff about to happen/on the way and then it's over...
    I thought I saw both the 16's and 18's drop bombs before the big, record breaking explosion.
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Maybe the 16s..pretty sure I saw no 18s at all after they launched.

Anyone remember the B-1 (bomber with swept back wings)?

I believe that was the massive explosions near the end.

Yeah the B-1 dropped the JDAMs at the end. Apparently before the F-18s could get there haha. =X Bad editing is all. Those type of things annoy me as much as plot issues though. Oh well.

Banned

yup... no 18s were shown in the last battle. They like the 16s in the first movie were shown taking off/scrabling but never shown after that. This too bothers me. I mean if you are going to show them being launched to get into the fight, then please use them. The use of the 16s was cool and the B-1 was cool also. Then there was the A-10s that were only shown doing a fly over. Another waist. OH!!!! here is the one big thing that bothers me in the last battle.... UM... the battle was in Egypt right? Where the hell was the Egyption Army/Airforce? You cant tell me they are just going to sit back and let this happen in their own back yard and be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    yup... no 18s were shown in the last battle. They like the 16s in the first movie were shown taking off/scrabling but never shown after that. This too bothers me. I mean if you are going to show them being launched to get into the fight, then please use them. The use of the 16s was cool and the B-1 was cool also. Then there was the A-10s that were only shown doing a fly over. Another waist. OH!!!! here is the one big thing that bothers me in the last battle.... UM... the battle was in Egypt right? Where the hell was the Egyption Army/Airforce? You cant tell me they are just going to sit back and let this happen in their own back yard and be okay with it.
    well general Morshower did say all sattelites in the area is not responding,thanks to soundwave. EYGPTian wouldnt have a clue whats happening.
    Optimus Prime: Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by evotitanium View Post

the f-22s were shown getting blown up by the levitating rocks orbiting the pyramid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod323 View Post
    well general Morshower did say all sattelites in the area is not responding,thanks to soundwave. EYGPTian wouldnt have a clue whats happening.
    true but he did tell his people to get permission from the EGYPTIAN government to allow us to do a fly over with our UAVs so wouldnt you think the EGYPTIANS would ask what for and in all reality you cant tell me with a giant aliean war going on that close to Geza, the EGYPTIANS knew nothing was up even without having sattelite feed up. Come on!! Wars have been waged for far to long without the help of such things as sattilites. You cant say that they knew nothing because their sattelites were being jammed by Soundwave. Yes in the book it does say this but it says Sondwave is jamming the U.S. sattelites not anyone elses. And im sorry they did a poor job of portraying Soundwave doing any kind of sattelite jamming in this movie. If you didnt read the book, you would never have guessed this by watching the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    true but he did tell his people to get permission from the EGYPTIAN government to allow us to do a fly over with our UAVs so wouldnt you think the EGYPTIANS would ask what for and in all reality you cant tell me with a giant aliean war going on that close to Geza, the EGYPTIANS knew nothing was up even without having sattelite feed up. Come on!! Wars have been waged for far to long without the help of such things as sattilites. You cant say that they knew nothing because their sattelites were being jammed by Soundwave. Yes in the book it does say this but it says Sondwave is jamming the U.S. sattelites not anyone elses. And im sorry they did a poor job of portraying Soundwave doing any kind of sattelite jamming in this movie. If you didnt read the book, you would never have guessed this by watching the movie.

There's an easy answer: they could have been wiped out. Like in the us base in the first movie. Blackout and scorpinox sp. destroyed it with little trouble. Same thing could have happened here. Makes sense, but if that was the case.......THEY REALLY SHOULD HAVE SHOWN OR SAID SOMETHING......sighs. More writing issues.

But I still love the movie. (just got back from seeing it a thrid time)

Where's Drake?
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Autobot View Post
    Where's Drake?

Good point.

Yeah that was a problem in this movie.

I thought they probably did a better job in the first movie of utilizing all of the military aspects of the movie.

In ROTF it just seemed like they did a bad job managing the military aspect of the movie say for Epps and Lennox. Most of that is lazy writing IMO which is strange considering how closely Bay works with the military.

Yeah, all good points everyone. Egyptian military being a no show is strange..along with the overall feel of the US military just being too chaotic..they should have left the F18s out in my opinion and let the Air Force handle it. Or the other way around haha..since the Navy would be much closer right? Not sure where the Air Force planes were coming from..they always seem to be extremely close by no matter what lol..AWACs and UAVs too...

Another thing is when he asks to call Jordan to send help..and what do they send? Two lousy helicopters that get shot down the second they get to the area! What exactly was the purpose of this other than to have 2 helicopters to show crashing lol...or is that a stupid question for a Bay film

Also..was it just me or did the exchange about the orange smoke and it 'not being his best toss' seem like a blooper that they intentionally left in? Haha I loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDPATH View Post

I thought they probably did a better job in the first movie of utilizing all of the military aspects of the movie.

In ROTF it just seemed like they did a bad job managing the military aspect of the movie say for Epps and Lennox. Most of that is lazy writing IMO which is strange considering how closely Bay works with the military.
    i have a feeling this is a result of the studios telling michael bay to shorten the movie a bit. perhaps those scenes with the fighters getting to the battle zone were edited out. but i'm guessing here.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDPATH View Post

I agree. I thought the military involvement in the Scorponok scene was flawless. Gave me the chills. They call in the UAV to assess the situation. They then scramble the A-10s which are by definition air to ground tank buster aircraft. Perfect choice!!! The A-10's utlilize their nose cannon's and then you see them launch Maverick air to ground missles. Perfect !!! Thats exactly what the A-10's do. Next they call in the C-130 Spectre gunship which is shown circling the battlefield and firing its gatling gun and its M102 howitzer !!!! Again this is exactly how this weapon is used in real life.
    Perfect Mr Bay perfect !!!! Flawless execution and an amazing attention to detail.
    Unfortunatly I dont think TF2 had the same attention to detail. It could have though.