Thread: The Matrix of Leadership?

Default The Matrix of Leadership?

So, what happens with the Matrix of Leadership at the end of TF2? Does it get distroyed with the Energon machine in the Pyramid? Or perhaps Optimus keeps it from himself (after all, how did we know there would be a second sliver of all-spark in Transformers: ROTF?).

I hope it is still out there in the story, that would possibly open the door for Unicron and others in the future. However, I guess it gets distroyed.

Default Re: The Matrix of Leadership?

Quote Originally Posted by EpicBacons View Post
    So, what happens with the Matrix of Leadership at the end of TF2? Does it get distroyed with the Energon machine in the Pyramid? Or perhaps Optimus keeps it from himself (after all, how did we know there would be a second sliver of all-spark in Transformers: ROTF?).

I hope it is still out there in the story, that would possibly open the door for Unicron and others in the future. However, I guess it gets distroyed.
    It can never be destroyed. If it can turn into dust and come back then hello?

Not only that, it can never be found, only earned. Either way, my theory is that when Sam died, all of the cube's info transferred into the matrix of leadership. The matrix of leadership then was plunged into Prime's chest, thus rebooting him. He absorbs the info off of the cube, thus cementing what the Fallen says in the beginning of the movie. "The cube cannot be destroyed...bla bla, transferred, bla bla.."

This is why Optimus talks about our origins intertwining with the Transformers'. He makes this point in the beginning of the film and the end.

If the matrix of leadership was destroyed, which it cant, you'll see it again. If the cube can never be destroyed, which The Fallen verifies, then for sure you'll see it again.
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Autobot View Post
    It can never be destroyed. If it can turn into dust and come back then hello?

Not only that, it can never be found, only earned. Either way, my theory is that when Sam died, all of the cube's info transferred into the matrix of leadership. The matrix of leadership then was plunged into Prime's chest, thus rebooting him. He absorbs the info off of the cube, thus cementing what the Fallen says in the beginning of the movie. "The cube cannot be destroyed...bla bla, transferred, bla bla.."

This is why Optimus talks about our origins intertwining with the Transformers'. He makes this point in the beginning of the film and the end.

If the matrix of leadership was destroyed, which it cant, you'll see it again. If the cube can never be destroyed, which The Fallen verifies, then for sure you'll see it again.
    i think youre wrong and ill tell you why. I think the Matrix is much like the Cube. Its essence can not be killed. Yes the Cube is gone but its essence is now in Sam. So think of Sam as Telitran-one now. The Matrix was blown up with the Harvister but at this time I believe it was just a plane key now. I believe it's essence(leadership power) was downloaded into Prime when Sam put it into his chest. So both Sam and Prime are the two components that would make up Primus's true essence... just like in the cartoon. I do still think Sam holds the Allspark power withen him. I mean the Decepticons have to still have a reason to come back in the 3rd movie and well they still need the info of the Cube that Sam has in his brain if they ever want to revive Cybertron.

Cool Re: The Matrix of Leadership?

You have a good point.

But realize this.

SO HA!

Seriously I got nothing.

Your post reminds me of that scene with Leo trying to give pizza to Alice and she disses him and asks for Sam.

I'm Leo, you're Sam.

Banned

You have a good point.

But realize this.

SO HA!

Seriously I got nothing.

Your post reminds me of that scene with Leo trying to give pizza to Alice and she disses him and asks for Sam.

I'm Leo, you're Sam.
    lol well if it makes you feel any better i have already fleshed out all these ideas and written them into a well rounded story to explane it all. Lots of drama follows Sam because of his being the new holder of the Cube's power. It gets him into a lot of trouble as well as creates new life that cannot be ignored by anyone.

That's what I was afraid of.

Another movie with the Autobots protecting Sam's brain.....

Banned

That's what I was afraid of.

Another movie with the Autobots protecting Sam's brain.....
    no no no my friend... Sam is important in my version but another becomes even more important to the Decepticon cause.

Alright.

Im intrigued.

The Autobot Matrix of Leadership object is not necessarily in Optimus chest, but it can be precieved that the data carries the wisdom and knowledge of the ancient leaders, which was united with Optimus Prime's spark - they say that it was Sam's destiny to unite the Matrix and Optimus' spark in one. It gives Optimus more wisdom, but if Unicron comes along - how can he use it is my question.

As for Primus, I guess in Bayformers universe - the All-spark, the Autobot Matrix of Leadership and Cybertron are part of Primus' entity. I wonder if it will play out like this.

Why doesn't Optimus Prime have the matrix in the first place? Is this where he actually gets it?

Quote Originally Posted by BeZerKoManDr View Post
    Why doesn't Optimus Prime have the matrix in the first place? Is this where he actually gets it?
    cause its been hidden by the primes for millenias? OP wasnt born/created then duhh. Even the seekers couldnt find it how would OP know?
    Optimus Prime: Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.

fair enough- I thought having matrix makes one Prime. In earlier versions Optimus has matrix and its transfered to Rodimus etc. to make them Prime.

In Bayformers, the story is different in areas. I guess what he's trying to do is not make a carbon copy of the G1 cartoon.

The Matrix as an object may or may not be distroyed, but the Primes say that it was Sam's destiny to unite the Matrix of Leadership with Optimus' spark, which I think would give Optimus the ability to have the knowledge and wisdom of the ancient leaders, perhaps merely with its essence. However, if they wanted to have Unicron in Transformers 3, I wonder how they would handle it.

fair enough- I thought having matrix makes one Prime. In earlier versions Optimus has matrix and its transfered to Rodimus etc. to make them Prime.
    hmm i think thats is the matrix of creation not leadership!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    i think youre wrong and ill tell you why. I think the Matrix is much like the Cube. Its essence can not be killed. Yes the Cube is gone but its essence is now in Sam. So think of Sam as Telitran-one now. The Matrix was blown up with the Harvister but at this time I believe it was just a plane key now. I believe it's essence(leadership power) was downloaded into Prime when Sam put it into his chest. So both Sam and Prime are the two components that would make up Primus's true essence... just like in the cartoon. I do still think Sam holds the Allspark power withen him. I mean the Decepticons have to still have a reason to come back in the 3rd movie and well they still need the info of the Cube that Sam has in his brain if they ever want to revive Cybertron.
    Ah, there he goes with his extremely detailed plot bunnies again. :V Listen to him guys. I swear he can predict the future.

So, by that logic, we should see a Jordanian find this little key somewhere by the pyramid and have him get symbols in his head too?

:lol
    This is Ferngully, bitch!

too many plot holes to find out the fate of the matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by xana View Post
    Ah, there he goes with his extremely detailed plot bunnies again. :V Listen to him guys. I swear he can predict the future.

So, by that logic, we should see a Jordanian find this little key somewhere by the pyramid and have him get symbols in his head too?

:lol
    this will only work for a prime as its a collective repository of knowledge of all the great leaders thats why the primes say it's Sam's destiny to unite it with Optimus. Both the Allspark and the Matrix of leadership are like Memory cards,the Allspark being the cube of everything cybertronian,past,future and present and the Matrix of leadership being the conscience/memory pool/experience of all cybertron leaders.

What makes a Prime a Prime then in this scenario? Also I thought there was only 1 Prime at a time.

What makes a Prime a Prime then in this scenario? Also I thought there was only 1 Prime at a time.
    well, a prime is chosen by primus. In TF: The War Within Optimus is chosen by the council of ancients in iacon based on what primus told them. Optimus being a researcher refutes their claim that theres an entity in cybertronian mainframe. heres an excerpt of that.

originally they were 13 original transformers created by primus When he created his alternate mode of Cybertron, he created a crew of thirteen living robots to man him. These beings, in imitation of Unicron's transformation abilities, were able to change their forms into the likeness of vehicles, weapons, and machinery. They were the First Thirteen Transformers and all granted the rank of "Prime".

Many of the Thirteen died in a battle with Unicron, during which he was sucked down into a black hole and trapped along with his acolyte known as The Fallen, one of the Thirteen who had turned against his brothers and joined Unicron.

Of those that survived, many abandoned their original functions and were lost to time. Only Vector Prime was known to still be following the path he was set upon by Primus.
    Taken from Transformer's Wikia

So since the first 13 were either killed or MIA,primus aka cybertron can only rely on the council of ancients to choose a leader at a time.