If there is one guy who should direct Top Gun 2, it should be Michael Bay
I really don't think they should make a Top Gun sequel because I think it is one of those movies with a story that is only good once. Its just like Karate Kid, they didn't need a sequel. The novelty is good on it's first time.
But if they were to make Top Gun sequel, I think Michael Bay would be perfect.
- he's got the best relationship with the military and the Pentagon
- he has shot real F-22 Raptors before
- he's an action maestro
- he can make a Maverick type hot shot character look really good
- the air force is gonna, once again, look good at what they do in this movie
- this will be a test of Michael Bay's action directing abilities because he's done car stunts but how about aerial dog fights?
Anyways, if a Top Gun sequel were to ever be made, they should ask Michael Bay especially since it's also a Paramount studios production