Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plot holes?

Default Re: Plot holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    another thing I want to know is why did Jetfire mention he had both a mother and father? Also He mentioned that there were 7 Primes... The Fallen and his six brothers who sacrificed their bodies to make the temple of which the Matrix was hidden from The Fallen. What happend to the first 13? So now it's the first 7?
    Wait, I remember him saying having a father ("the first wheel!") but also a mother? Does this also establish another method of reproduction in the TF race...sexual? Or maybe they just built him. Or maybe Jetfire is just a crazy old man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Wait, I remember him saying having a father ("the first wheel!") but also a mother? Does this also establish another method of reproduction in the TF race...sexual? Or maybe they just built him. Or maybe Jetfire is just a crazy old man.
    i dont know... maybe all of the above but its one thing i think they should never have toyed with. To many people would pick up on it and ask why? And if no answer is there then why even have Jetfire remark it?

Quote Originally Posted by magjipro View Post
    He got stepped on and died, it was to graphic of a scene to put into the movie.
    how do you know this. Just wondering.

Well... they were hunting and destroying decepticons for two years. Maybe they found barricade some time in that time line.

-How did Megatron get to the Nemesis so fast?
    -Twins vanishing at the end
    -Wheelie vanishing
    -Constructicons in 2 places at once
    -The Blackout looking protoform that captured Sam's parents, suddenly it's Rampage holding them hostage.
    -No explanation as to how Starscream got his tats.
    -Does not explain how the relationship between Megs and the Fallen began (we shouldn't have to read the comics to learn that)
    -Cut out Barricade, resulting in Alice being pointless.
    -Never tells specifically who/what the Fallen is getting revenge on and why.

I could go on.
    These really aren't plot holes. A good plot hole is like in the first movie: If the decepticons could hack any computer in the world, why not hack a bank and then buy the map/glasses off of E-bay?

He didn't. The decepticons had an alien base made out of the remains of one of the carriers. He never left the planet. He went to their hidden base.
    One twin shot the other in the face. They obviously retreated from the battle as they were suffering from serious damage (and loss of pride).
    -Wheelie vanishing
    He was too small to be meaningful to the fight and he knew it. He was probably hiding. (After all, look what happened to that tiny bike bot chick, she got taken out in one shot.)
    *rolls eyes* Constructicons were numerous and could combine and come apart. They were everywhere. It's easy for them to be in two places at once.
    -The Blackout looking protoform that captured Sam's parents, suddenly it's Rampage holding them hostage.
    Um, he handed them off to someone else so he could fight. Duh.
    Does there really need to be? He applied them himself most likely.
    -Does not explain how the relationship between Megs and the Fallen began (we shouldn't have to read the comics to learn that)
    How does it not explain it? The Fallen is Megatron's lord and master (whereas Megatron is more like a military general). The've always been in cohoots. It's just not mentioned int he first move (very much like the EMperor isn't really mentioned in Episode 4 of Star Wars).
    Barricade had nothing to do with Alice (though her appearance in the movie was quite pointless). I know people are saying that barricade made her or some such thing, but there are things in the movie that outright contradict that possibility.
    Isn't it obvious? He's getting revenge on the Primes who scarficed themselves to protect the earth. What better way than to have revenge than to destroy the earth?

Please. Do go on. *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by RavingDork View Post
    These really aren't plot holes. A good plot hole is like in the first movie: If the decepticons could hack any computer in the world, why not hack a bank and then buy the map/glasses off of E-bay?

He didn't. The decepticons had an alien base made out of the remains of one of the carriers. He never left the planet. He went to their hidden base.
    One twin shot the other in the face. They obviously retreated from the battle as they were suffering from serious damage (and loss of pride).
    -Wheelie vanishing
    He was too small to be meaningful to the fight and he knew it. He was probably hiding. (After all, look what happened to that tiny bike bot chick, she got taken out in one shot.)
    *rolls eyes* Constructicons were numerous and could combine and come apart. They were everywhere. It's easy for them to be in two places at once.
    Um, he handed them off to someone else so he could fight. Duh.
    Does there really need to be? He applied them himself most likely.
    How does it not explain it? The Fallen is Megatron's lord and master (whereas Megatron is more like a military general). The've always been in cohoots. It's just not mentioned int he first move (very much like the EMperor isn't really mentioned in Episode 4 of Star Wars).
    Barricade had nothing to do with Alice (though her appearance in the movie was quite pointless). I know people are saying that barricade made her or some such thing, but there are things in the movie that outright contradict that possibility.
    Isn't it obvious? He's getting revenge on the Primes who scarficed themselves to protect the earth. What better way than to have revenge than to destroy the earth?

Please. Do go on. *rolls eyes*
    I wonder if you really know what you are talking about. Because some of those answers don't really make any sense.

-Megatron does go to the Nemesis.

-What movie were you watching. Did you not clearly see LONG HAUL, MIXMASTER during the desert battle, while DEVASTAOR was climbing the pyramids.

-Barricade was suppose to be in the movie, but was cut out. He was suppose to be teamed up with Alice.

and what's with the "rolls eyes" thing.. psh!

Where was Bumblebee when Sam, Mikaela, and Leo were running from Alice?
    Where were the rest of the Autobots when Prime was fighting in the forest?
    If Jetfire can Teleport (and take Skids, Mudflap, and Bumblebee with him even though they weren't present), why not just teleport to the Egyptian/Jordanian border?
    In Egypt, why didn't Bumblebee or another Autobot drive Sam and Mikaela to Optimus' body from the Primes' tomb?
    If the Primes wanted to protect Earth from The Fallen and the sun destroyer, why hide the Matrix in the same vicinity as the machine?

You can certainly pick apart any movie, but this one had some really distracting logic leaps imo.

Maybe I posted in the wrong thread.

The constructicons thing is not a plot hole.

In Bay's transformers the robots take the earth form once they arrive looking at any mechanical object.

Nobody thinks is possible to more than one robot to take the same form?

"If Jetfire can Teleport (and take Skids, Mudflap, and Bumblebee with him even though they weren't present), why not just teleport to the Egyptian/Jordanian border?"

Jetfire is old and not very precise while teleporting.

"In Egypt, why didn't Bumblebee or another Autobot drive Sam and Mikaela to Optimus' body from the Primes' tomb?"

is clearly seen that they try to hide and from the decepcitons and "infiltrate" but they fail.

Alice apearance wasn't pointless. She tried to capture Sam but she failed.

"Where were the rest of the Autobots when Prime was fighting in the forest?"

They arrived there later, the autobots can't teleport.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    The constructicons thing is not a plot hole.

In Bay's transformers the robots take the earth form once they arrive looking at any mechanical object.

Nobody thinks is possible to more than one robot to take the same form?

"If Jetfire can Teleport (and take Skids, Mudflap, and Bumblebee with him even though they weren't present), why not just teleport to the Egyptian/Jordanian border?"

Jetfire is old and not very precise while teleporting.

"In Egypt, why didn't Bumblebee or another Autobot drive Sam and Mikaela to Optimus' body from the Primes' tomb?"

is clearly seen that they try to hide and from the decepcitons and "infiltrate" but they fail.

Alice apearance wasn't pointless. She tried to capture Sam but she failed.

"Where were the rest of the Autobots when Prime was fighting in the forest?"

They arrived there later, the autobots can't teleport.
    I think the issue is the personal threshold of imaginiation and personal rationalization one needs to enjoy a movie. In your mind these things may be clear and if you feel better filling the plot holes with your imagination thats fine. But other people need a little more consistancy even in the fantasy world they have put themselves in. I dont think anyone disagrees that you have to suspend some belief in order to watch these types movies but this movie has many inconsistancies and just too many unresolved questions for some to enjoy entirely. Just an opinion.

I found the walking out of the museum in Washington DC into the plane graveyard in Arizona a little odd. You can rationalize in your mind that maybe Jetfire transported them there if it makes you feel better but the reality of it is there is no indication that occured and it was just another inconsistancy. Maybe easily overlooked if there werent so many others.

Banned

-How did Megatron get to the Nemesis so fast? He didnt get there to fast but this was just one of those... lets show him get there fast type things to save time.
    -Twins vanishing at the end... they did their part and were heroic so they were just not shown so other bots could get some screen time.
    -Wheelie vanishing... to small to help out so im sure he just hid away.
    -Constructicons in 2 places at once... they were not in two places... there were at least two copies of each. Some formed Devs, others went into battle alone.
    -The Blackout looking protoform that captured Sam's parents, suddenly it's Rampage holding them hostage. he captured them and Rampage took them from him.
    -No explanation as to how Starscream got his tats. Sure they do... in the Alliance comics. This is why it was said to read the comics as some things would be explained only in the comics.
    -Does not explain how the relationship between Megs and the Fallen began (we shouldn't have to read the comics to learn that) You answerd that question yourself.
    -Cut out Barricade, resulting in Alice being pointless. true. Also Bumblebee was said to be the one to fight and kill Barricade and Alice but this i guess was cut.
    -Never tells specifically who/what the Fallen is getting revenge on and why. Remember Revenge was ment as a dubble meaning in this movie. Megs had revenge on the mind as well.

I could go on.
    So there you have it.

I'm almost positive the decepticons were trying to build 2 devastators. At the beginning the first decepticon battle is with another constructicon and Megs took some of another Constructicon, so there were 2 devastators, but a few pieces got killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentford31 View Post
    I'm almost positive the decepticons were trying to build 2 devastators. At the beginning the first decepticon battle is with another constructicon and Megs took some of another Constructicon, so there were 2 devastators, but a few pieces got killed.
    uh... :wtf??

Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    I think the issue is the personal threshold of imaginiation and personal rationalization one needs to enjoy a movie. In your mind these things may be clear and if you feel better filling the plot holes with your imagination thats fine. But other people need a little more consistancy even in the fantasy world they have put themselves in. I dont think anyone disagrees that you have to suspend some belief in order to watch these types movies but this movie has many inconsistancies and just too many unresolved questions for some to enjoy entirely. Just an opinion.

I found the walking out of the museum in Washington DC into the plane graveyard in Arizona a little odd. You can rationalize in your mind that maybe Jetfire transported them there if it makes you feel better but the reality of it is there is no indication that occured and it was just another inconsistancy. Maybe easily overlooked if there werent so many others.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Has anyone 'rationalized' why BumbleBee could speak at the end of the first movie but back to 'talk radio' in the second?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime34 View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Has anyone 'rationalized' why BumbleBee could speak at the end of the first movie but back to 'talk radio' in the second?
    Yes. Because there are actually two BumbleBee's since different robots can scan the same vehicle now apparently and the BumbleBee from TF1 is on vacation in Cancun recovering from his leg injuries and this BumbleBee was just filling in. The BumbleBee from TF1 didnt like that the new BumbleBee could talk, since he finally could after so long, so the TF1 BumbleBee ripped out the voice processors in the new BumbleBee.
    So there you have it. It was right there in the movie. Didnt you pick up on it or are you stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    Yes. Because there are actually two BumbleBee's since different robots can scan the same vehicle now apparently and the BumbleBee from TF1 is on vacation in Cancun recovering from his leg injuries and this BumbleBee was just filling in. The BumbleBee from TF1 didnt like that the new BumbleBee could talk, since he finally could after so long, so the TF1 BumbleBee ripped out the voice processors in the new BumbleBee.
    So there you have it. It was right there in the movie. Didnt you pick up on it or are you stupid
    LOL! I should have known!!!!

mixmaster could have amde his way from the pyramid to the fight or the mixmaster in dev is a diff cement truck and is used in the toys to help it sell

wheelie dissappears before the fight when they all go into the acneint whatever its called. maybe the sand is too loose and he cant transverse it?

arcee twins? but theres three of them:wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Prime34 View Post
    Didn't Sam say early on that Bumblebee was "working it up" referring to B using the radio thing to effect human emotions. Kind of like how a dog will whimper to his master to get him to do something like get food.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    mixmaster could have amde his way from the pyramid to the fight or the mixmaster in dev is a diff cement truck and is used in the toys to help it sell

wheelie dissappears before the fight when they all go into the acneint whatever its called. maybe the sand is too loose and he cant transverse it?

arcee twins? but theres three of them:wtf
    there were three mixmaster trucks. One was seen in New York on the bridge when all the D-cons started doen to Earth. And the other two were in the last battle. One transformed into the cannon looking thing just before Jetfire came in and chopped him in two and the other one became Dev's head. And if you listen to Lennox... its a bit jumbled but he says Arcee,Twins mobilize (ok mobilize may not be the word but you get the idea)... as in both Arcee and te twins. I thought he said Arcee twins too, the first time i saw it and i was ike wait, there are three... they'er not twins lol

"Triplets." lol

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trailbreaker
    -Cut out Barricade, resulting in Alice being pointless. true. Also Bumblebee was said to be the one to fight and kill Barricade and Alice but this i guess was cut.
    Why?! Why did they cut that? That would have been great!

Quote Originally Posted by RavingDork View Post
    Didn't Sam say early on that Bumblebee was "working it up" referring to B using the radio thing to effect human emotions. Kind of like how a dog will whimper to his master to get him to do something like get food.

Possibly--but I don't think Bumblebee would have used hand gestures and bad AM to warn Sam of danger lurking around, particularly where Alice was concerned. HE would have just yelled: "Watch out! That bitch is bad news!!"

Still not convinced and I call it for what it is. The ball was dropped on this little detail.