Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Transformers movie without humans...

Default A Transformers movie without humans...

Is it just me or would this be absolutely awesome? Don't get me wrong, I love Megan Fox and Isabel Lucas but I go for the transformers and the thought of a transformers movie without humans actually gets me excited (not in that way)! Does anyone else second this idea? It could be a reboot or a sequel to this one. Whatever, I just like the idea of nothing but 'bots and 'cons.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

Default Re: A Transformers movie without humans...

I'm thinking that the third has that sort of potential.... know that the ground has been set...like after two films, if your going to see a third transformers film, your there for the robots ...would be nice...like battles in space!!!!
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

You know that it wouldn't be a live action movie, didn't you? If the characters are CGI and the scenarios are CGI you have an animation movie, and if you want it to be as realistic as this last was you may need 500-700 Millions $ budget.

A Transformers movie without humans becomes a Transformers movie I don't want to watch. I'm all for breif glimpses of Transformers on their own though like the scene when Megatron flies off to see The Fallen.
    Last edited by fu2kimus_prime; 06-29-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    You know that it wouldn't be a live action movie, didn't you? If the characters are CGI and the scenarios are CGI you have an animation movie, and if you want it to be as realistic as this last was you may need 500-700 Millions $ budget.

It can be done with a $250 million budget. We don't need all the extra bots like in this past movie. Just focus on a few of them and develop the characters and have scenes like the one on the ship with Megatron and Starscream. It can definitely be done. If there has to be a few humans then fine but I don't see why it's impossible.

Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    A Transformers movie without humans becomes a Transformers movie I don't want to watch. I'm all for breif glimpses of Transformers on their own though like the scene when Megatron flies off to see The Fallen.

Why would you not want to see a movie all about Transformers? It's the only reason I go to these movies. You think people go because of the great acting by the humans?

Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    It can be done with a $250 million budget. We don't need all the extra bots like in this past movie. Just focus on a few of them and develop the characters and have scenes like the one on the ship with Megatron and Starscream. It can definitely be done. If there has to be a few humans then fine but I don't see why it's impossible.
    Doesn't it just become a big budget cartoon if you execute it that way though?

This time ILM has 51 minutes screen time. Give them 120 minutes of full CGI screen time and that 250 million will give you a totally cartoonish picture. The ultradetailed bots are much more expensive.

Why would you not want to see a movie all about Transformers? It's the only reason I go to these movies. You think people go because of the great acting by the humans?
    I go to see Transformers in a real worl, photo realistic, live action setting. And to see the human/TF interaction integrated to perfection. And I must say Shia is a big draw for me, think the guy is talented.

Now as a longtime TF fan I do enjoy the occasional all robot story, but I have comics, and cartoons for my fix of that.

Is it just me or would this be absolutely awesome? Don't get me wrong, I love Megan Fox and Isabel Lucas but I go for the transformers and the thought of a transformers movie without humans actually gets me excited (not in that way)! Does anyone else second this idea? It could be a reboot or a sequel to this one. Whatever, I just like the idea of nothing but 'bots and 'cons.

Good point. I do enjoy the human interactions though.

But if it were to work, wouldn't a prequal movie be an awesome idea? Show them on cybertron right before the war broke out? Before Megatron betrays Prime? There were no humans and it would be an awesome movie.
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

If it was all robots and no humans, I would lose intrest....it would have to be all action an minmal dialogue....the robots talked enugh in this one...i think more would be a bit much....
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Drake

And you'd kill off the mainstream audience as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypuddy View Post
    If it was all robots and no humans, I would lose intrest....it would have to be all action an minmal dialogue....the robots talked enugh in this one...i think more would be a bit much....
    Exactly!! It would definitely lose A LOT of peoples interest. YES, there are those die-hard Transformers fans who would love see an all robot, no human movie. But, me personally does not buy it.

The movie would probably lose ALL the Megan Fox fans/lovers, Shia Labeouf fans/lovers, Tyrese, Josh etc. etc.

It would be a very bad idea if there were no humans. sorry! It would lose its touch as well.
    Last edited by berrycoolz; 06-29-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Is it just me or would this be absolutely awesome? .
    It would be the equivalent of 2 hours of sharks in Jaws or 2 hours of dinos in Jurassic. Only shark enthusiast and paleontologist would go to it.

I love the bots, but wouldn't love an all bot movie. AND SADLY, IT WOULD TANK. Not enough general audience would want to watch.
    However, I would love some of the secondary bots to have more lines/screen time in the next movie. (more character development, please)

I actually liked a lot of the actors in this movie. It takes some of the edge off and lets you relax for a minute. If all you really want to see are transformers, some of the cartoon series might be up your ally :P I never seen the armada or cybertron cartoons but those seemed like they took the focus away from humans.

I think you're right. If it were done properly it might be good to watch. However I agree with the other people who say it would just be too costly. CGI will get cheaper and easier to use. Maybe in another 25 years when they reinvent transformers

A couple of you mentioned money or that it would tank. Money is the concern of executives and should not be a concern of fans. Transformers is awesome because of the robots and all the complaints that I hear are about not having enough screen time for the Transformers and too much screen time wasted on the annoying human characters like Sam's roommate and his parents. Cut down on that aspect and you have plenty of time to develop the Transformers characters and more time to spend on Shia and Megan and the soldiers. If it was just Megs, Starscream, Prime, Bee, Ironhide, Ratchet, the Twins, Acree and them, Sideswipe and a couple other enemies along with just Shia, Megan and the soldiers it would be much cleaner in story line and these guys would all get more screen time. Just a thought but I'm glad to see some points against the idea. That means some people do care about the human characters which is a good thing.

Darth Vader

And I don't want to see a cartoon. I want the CGI bots in a live action movie with less human interaction. Bot to bot conversation is what I'm looking for. Just because it would be mostly 'bots and 'cons doesn't mean it can't have good conversations and dialog. sorry if my spelling is off, lol.

Darth Vader

If there were no humans then there would be no point in having badass alt modes like a Camaro, Peterbuilt, F-22, MH-53, etc. You might as well kiss that $201 million in tickets goodbye.

A couple of you mentioned money or that it would tank........ Transformers is awesome because of the robots and all the complaints that I hear are about not having enough screen time for the Transformers and too much screen time wasted on the annoying human characters like Sam's roommate and his parents.
    Sure, I agree, more transformer screen time = good......but no humans at all would be going too far in the other direction. Which I think was what the thread was about.

A note: please less skid and mudflap in the next movie.

SORRY CHOPS I MISREAD YOUR POST. YOU'RE NOT ANTI HUMAN. MY BAD
    Last edited by Sonya; 06-29-2009 at 06:08 PM.

I think the average moviegoer will still want human characters to identify with and relate to. Even without those characters, humans in general should still play a significant part, because:

1. Human interaction and intervention has been the factor that allowed the Autobots to gain the upper hand in the long run - at least, it was true for G1 and RiD, and referenced in Beast Wars. (I haven't seen the Unicron Trilogy or Animated)

2. Part of what defines the Autobots as the 'good guys' is how willing they are to help and protect us humans - they're trying to stop the Decepticons from walking all over innocent 'bystanders' - us - in the literal and figurative sense.

Also, for me personally, part of what defines the Transformers as 'realistic' is how seamlessly they interact with humans, especially if they do it regularly. I'm not sure they'll look as good if you take that away completely.

I want to see a Transformers movie WITH humans playing a small part of it, unlike T2 which humans are the key to win the war.
    We're a young species. We have much to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    It would be the equivalent of 2 hours of sharks in Jaws or 2 hours of dinos in Jurassic. Only shark enthusiast and paleontologist would go to it.

well said, nelson! I too agree that the movie need a little bit of human touch in it. Just give the robots more screen time.

guys dont get me wrong,but what good would it do if it was all bots and no humans? its like watching free willy without the boy or imagine watching stargate without the people and how the heck would thos symbiotic creatures even go through one? My point is even in the series and most of the comic books(lets label them past literature aight),it has been established that human interaction is vital to the autobots and decepticons,remember how buster and sparkplug saved bumblebee life or how Buster had visions(somehow i think,this scene was taken and made in ROTF) after receiving the matrix of creation via optimus and he gave life to jetfire? Sparkplug also modified the autobots to consume on human fuel rather than energon. If you wanted a movie about bots only,there are past literature that talks exclusively about it only, The War Within is one good example.

And the alt modes, which...humans designed? Also with a bunch of robot alien invaders coming to Earth, it's not like they aren't gonna send out the military to do the dirty work. Unless they were all hanging out in a desert or the wilderness. But then there would be no point in the "robots in disguise" aspect. Why are they in disguise? So HUMANS wouldn't notice!!!