Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions/ reviews

Default Re: Opinions/ reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    BTW,

carlpickard = martinwellbourne = spencey7

Spency7 is a loser form the UK who ls isn't satisfied with going after Bay at AICN and has to come here and start shit over meaningless shit.
    LOL the pieces come together.....
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quote Originally Posted by martinwellbourne View Post
    That's ludicrous!!! Why should it "boil your blood" to know that people don't like something that you do?

I don't think it's too much for audiences to ask that the movies they pay for make coherent sense (in terms of story and character). If people don't like something they should say so.
    I agree. Im sure there are some who just troll to stir the pot which is lame. But I see no issue with contructive criticism as a means of feedback to push the writers and the powers that be to make as good of a movie as possible. Im a huge fan of Transformers, Ive seen the first movie 20 times, listened to the transformer score a week leading up to TF2, and am currently playing the TF2 video game. This doesnt mean I have to blindly believe the movie is perfect with no areas for improvement and not be open to constructive critisism. Thats ignorant in my mind much. Seems very similar to the mentality of the people who voted for Obama. :lol

Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    I agree. Im sure there are some who just troll to stir the pot which is lame. But I see no issue with contructive criticism as a means of feedback to push the writers and the powers that be to make as good of a movie as possible. Im a huge fan of Transformers, Ive seen the first movie 20 times, listened to the transformer score a week leading up to TF2, and am currently playing the TF2 video game. This doesnt mean I have to blindly believe the movie is perfect with no areas for improvement and not be open to constructive critisism. Thats ignorant in my mind much. Seems very similar to the mentality of the people who voted for Obama. :lol
    Douger the guy you just quoted was a troll stirring the pot ....where as you and you opinion is more than welcome because your doing it respectifully and your just venting your concerns about the new film.

As for Obama ....eeeeekkkk I work for the medical industry (that hes about to rape) and let me say that I never once considered voting for him but its all good if you think all supporters of ROTF are Obama supporters as well?
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Optimash Prime View Post
    Douger the guy you just quoted was a troll stirring the pot ....where as you and you opinion is more than welcome because your doing it respectifully and your just venting your concerns about the new film.

As for Obama ....eeeeekkkk I work for the medical industry (that hes about to rape) and let me say that I never once considered voting for him but its all good if you think all supporters of ROTF are Obama supporters as well?
    It was my weak attempt at a little humor. I apologize if this guy is a troll and would not defend him as I do not condone that behavior. I work as an engineering for a company in defense contracting. (Maybe thats why I pay so much attention to detail. You think ?) Obama hasnt been to kind to us either. A bunch a co-workers just got laid off due to defense spending cuts. How about those new jobs he is creating huh? :lol

Let's not derail the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimash Prime View Post
    Douger the guy you just quoted was a troll stirring the pot ....where as you and you opinion is more than welcome because your doing it respectfully and your just venting your concerns about the new film.
    Agreed. It mainly comes down to whether you're respectful with your opinions/criticisms or not.

You are correct. Optimus for president 2012 !!!!

Exclamation Re: Opinions/ reviews

Obviously, can you imagine anyone taking a movie so seriously?
    thats the problem with alot of movie viewers. this series is supposed to be serious. its gonna be ruined for the "true fans" who enjoyed it and still to this day are dedicated fans if they continue to not make it for the "true fans". if the rest of you who enjoy the comic relief in movies go watch MIB or power rangers the movie those movies got what you need CGI and goofy humor. PLEASE dont ruin it for the "real" transformer fans who have spent many years waitin for it to come to the big screen for only to be made for the "american pie" type 16-24 year old crowd who have no real connection for what transformers is all about.

Yay, more "true/real fan" bs.

Sorry.

Re watched and still enjoyed it.

Felt like the wild ride that I would gladly take on Blu Ray.

Caught it on a smaller screen today. Took my son, he LOVED it. Big difference between the smaller screens and IMAX, mostly in the sound. Still enjoyed it though.

I'd like to point out too that I was a HUGE fan of the old cartoons as a child. Never got into the beast war stuff or comics, just the after school cartoons. (Hated the 80's movie. Still hold a grudge to Rodimus Prime...he's no Optimus ) Point being is I enjoyed both films and still consider myself a "true fan". So let's quit the proverbial :deadhorse1: please.
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Banned

Seen it again... Me thinks I got it wrong. The movie was really better than I first thought.

Folks who didn't like it should give it another go, it's worth it.

When Sam returns from Autobot heaven with the Matrix... OMG total Michael Bay epic chill factor, loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Seen it again... Me thinks I got it wrong. The movie was really better than I first thought.

I agree... The movie was a lot better the second time around. Considering the movie was a real letdown for me, I had to see it again... Good call.

Now, the tough part would be to convince most of the critics to see it again...

Cool Re: Opinions/ reviews

I really have to be honest I really did like the first Transfomers movie and even though it had many holes in the story plot i still thought it was masterpiece.

Now the second film even though critics all over the world have mixed review I believe this film is a masterpiece as well. I believe the story has many holes maybe even more then first one. However, it has many great scenes and i believe the CGI in it is beyond our thoughts. It is real simple for many of you and the critics in this world to pick this movie apart. However you are not a film maker and probably lack the skill to make such a great film as michael bay did.

I am not kissing ass i just believe the film is good and that parts of it were beyond my expectations. I really wish Jonah Hill would have played the room mate in the movie. So to Michael Bay i say great film, to Shia I think he did an amazing job in the leading role of this movie. I can say it had action, heart, and a positive message.

I know paramount already put the go for Transfomers 3 to be released July 1st 2011.. I can not wait to see the last installment of this movie, who the enemies will be, what transformers they pullout of the wood works, I can only imagine as most action trilogies it should be and will be Bay's most defining movie. However, if I were Michael Bay this time around I would ask the master of all sci fi trilogies (George Lucas) to play a hand in Transformers 3. I guess a man can always dream can't he.

Gorilla Gregg:wtf

4.2 out of 5.0 after a second viewing.

When Sam returns from Autobot heaven with the Matrix... OMG total Michael Bay epic chill factor, loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by haut_bas_clair View Post
    I agree... The movie was a lot better the second time around. Considering the movie was a real letdown for me, I had to see it again... Good call.

Now, the tough part would be to convince most of the critics to see it again...
    Yes, totally agree. I loved it the first time, but the second time was even more enjoyable! I did feel, the first time, that it lagged a bit with the Jetfire scene and transporting to Egypt. But the second time, it went by much faster and was more exciting!
    Going more than once is a must!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePrime View Post
    Yes, totally agree. I loved it the first time, but the second time was even more enjoyable! I did feel, the first time, that it lagged a bit with the Jetfire scene and transporting to Egypt. But the second time, it went by much faster and was more exciting!
    Going more than once is a must!
    All my bitching about the IMAX aside, the third time I saw it was awesome. I noticed so much more and caught a lot more of the dialogue of the characters. What bothers me is that the critics have all based their reviews on one showing and this is not the type of film you can do that with. Just like the first film, I had some issues after seeing it for the first time. The more I saw it, the more stuff made more sense. I absolutely hated the "More than meets the eye, Mikaela/Sam scene" but now it makes sense and is not so corny. The Twins are just awesome. Funny as hell.
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Maybe that's what I need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Maybe that's what I need to do.
    I think so
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

People who didn't like it so much, watching it again, coming together on this site to declare their new found love, inspiring others to give it a second try...I swear if someone mentions "group hug" I'm going to throw up.

Saw it again yesterday and I agree with those who say it gets better. You catch more things too, things that bugged me a little the first time. An example is Sam's bandaged hand in the desert. Even the haters love to point that one out. However after seeing it again I noticed Sam clutching said hand when he lands (hard) on the sand. Then it briefly shows Mikaela finishing up the wrap job on his hand as they both stand up and meet back with the others. This was not the only thing I noticed that helped clear things up. It's definately worth a second and maybe even a third view.
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Interestingly, people here in Japan say the same.. like "I had no idea what's going on the screen, but loved it more at the second sight".

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrost View Post
    I think so
    The trouble is is that I can't, for now. I'm gonna have to wait for the DVD.

Hi guys. I'm from South Africa. I have seent he movie twice on Cinema and once on IMAX. I got my friends to come with me to see it. They are not even Transformers fans, and not sci-fi fans at all, and they LOVED it!! I loved it!

ROTF is really SO much better because the transformers have so much character in this one. The first movie was also amazing but it had to establish the transformers, lots of explaining the "What happened before the movie, what is transformers, who is megatron etc etc"

The second one is cool in that it hits the ground running.

This is really amazing how Mr Bay turned one of my coolest cartoons into, so far, 2 movies.

Not a single person I have spoken to from my country of South Africa has not liked the movie! Everyone thinks it is amazing! My sister even got my mother to baby sit her 8 month old baby so she and her husband could watch ROTF!!! LOL!! She also thought it was amazing, and she is not at all into giant robots and stuff! Hehe...she watched My little pony and carebears while growing up, not transformers, yet she still loved it!

NOTHING about this movie sucks...well...maybe just one little ole thing...Arcee...I was hoping she would have a bigger role since I also do like bikes. When the first rumours came out that she was gonna be a Buell Firebolt, I actually went to the Buell dealer and started finding out the price of the bike and payments etc...I wanted to drive a Transformer bike in real life...thank heavens though I did not buy the bike that time.

Anyways...Mr. Bay....thank you very much! Thinking about how this movie makes you remember the good old times when you were 7 years old and had no care in the world...just plain fun...it kinda touches you...makes all the current real life problems in your life go away for 2 and a half hours, and for that time, you are 7 years old again.

Thank you sincerely for making this happen.

Have a great year!

Marius
    Pretoria
    South Africa

Please post your opinion politely, but do not insult people in your review/opinions.

Also, please post your opinion review in the proper thread. No, you are not special enough that you get your own review thread.

All post insulting the filmmakers, fans, and board members will get your post deleted and get you banned. Go to AICN to spew your bile.

I have zero tolerance for trolls and haters who just come here to stir shit up. I will open up a can of whoop-ass on you like you've seen before. And it's gonna hurt, "...it's an ass-kickin."

Do I make myself clear?
    I must have seen this movie well over a dozen times and every time that I see the movie, I just reminds me how much I love the Transformers. One of the biggest improvements was the fight scenes. I thought in the first movie, the scenes were cut too hard and too fast. In this one, I enjoyed how it was more wide and centered on the fight scenes.

If anything, I think I wanted a little bit more characterization on the Autobots.

Other than that, just having fun all the time I watch the movie.