Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions/ reviews

Default Re: 2nd time is the charm

Quote Originally Posted by supras989 View Post
    totally agreeing with this, i felt pretty mixed when i saw it the first time aswell, it was a sensory overload, but after i saw it again last night, all my mixed feelings went away, so did all my gripes, its just amazing, see it twice if you are mixed or confused, its the magical cure!!

That's the way it was for me too. I'm so going to see it a third time....a fourth if I can find the time.

Default Re: Opinions/ reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I tell you, that forest battle (which was shot in NM BTW, I though all NM was desert) gets to me. It was so freakin' awesome!!!!
    That forest battle was just insane!!! I just wish we could have seen Ironhide beat the hell outta Starscream before his escape!
    SUCK MY POPSICLE!

well I saw the movie openning day. Thought it was pretty good but not great. firstly... 1. I noticed the twins basically replaced jazz as far as attitude and slang was concerned. the spongebob voice wasn't a distraction as I thought it would be. 2. starscream as well as megatron and optimus, along with be and twins had plenty of character. however besides whellie and jet fire. sideswipe had very little charachter same with arcee. none of the other decepticons had much character depth as well. 3. on a final note I did notice the editing at the end was rushed once again. the action was great. and we could see what the bots were doing. However I did notice while devistator was going after the twins, you see mixmaster and longhaul fighting in the desert battle.
    4.my brother pointed out,maby some new writers are needed as they could of killed optimus had a kinda new leader and brought him back in part three.another words stuck a little closer to the original story.
    5. also noticed bone crusher and all other decepticons were featured in this film except barricade. guess rumblebee and me got bays attention after all, just not the attention we wanted, but it was cool. to note all even a decepticon whos head was chopped off was back but no barricade. bone crusher was featured in the desert when all the decepticon started to attack in the desert.:lol:wtf

Overall none of these things detracted from my enjoyment of this film. i would give it an 8 out of ten.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

Yeah, seeing the two constructicons fighting separately while Devastator was on the pyramid caught my eye. I wander if some touch ups will be done before printing off to DVD/Blu-ray this fall.

Unhappy should have paid more attention

I should have paid more attention to the ratings. Just went to see TF2 with my son and was shocked at the level of sexual and drug humor there was in this movie. I understand the ratings are there to give the public a basic guide to the movie, but this movie is based on a cartoon in which I enjoyed as a child as well as my son. As I watched all I kept thinking is that these scenes had no bearing on the movie. They did not. Lastly, I have a huge issue with the American flag being thrown down and never picked up, call me old fashioned. We should never forget what our flag symbolizes. Thank you

Drake

Default Re: should have paid more attention

And you know... the thousands of people dying horrible deaths...

Default Re: should have paid more attention

I saw a couple of people leave during the Alice/Sam bedroom scene.

Meh. I took my son, but he's 4, and only paid attention during the bot scraps.

Either way, you shouldn't have created a new thread for this.

One already exists in the sticky

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...ead.php?t=5456
    Last edited by The Last Autobot; 06-28-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

Default TF2 - Greatest Movie Ever Made!

Transformers 2 is the the greatest movie ever made!!!!!

Way insane compared to the first one even though I still watch the first one every single night!

haha

Reply stuff below about this movie that you love!

Everything that stood out to you.

Default How this movie improved over the first one imo (SPOILERS).

I liked the first movie...but I am so happy that in my opinion this one addressed pretty much most of the minor issues I and others had with it!
    Who says Mr. Bay doesnt listen??

Focus on the robots - Some people wanted a little more focus on the robots (as opposed to the humans). Well they got it imo!

More intense - Some people felt the first one was a little too light-hearted/jokey. Well this one imo was badass action and so much more intense!

Fight sequences - Even more badass! The slo-mo sequences were awesome.

Robot designs - Alright, I think this one may still have some fans divided...but some fans said that they wanted too see the car parts in robot-mode. Well imo we got that....with the twins I could see car parts easily, and Prime's spinning tires as he transformed was cool. IMO even the haters should admit they are going in the right direction.

The only part I was confused about was, the Decepticons can transform into human-looking modes now too?? Like the T-1000??
    Last edited by Bay_Fan_Gibson; 06-29-2009 at 03:26 AM.

Default Re: How this movie improved over the first one imo (SPOILERS).

Quote Originally Posted by Bay_Fan_Gibson View Post
    The only part I was confused about was, the Decepticons can transform into human-looking modes now too?? Like the T-1000??
    I didn't like this bit either but I did a bit of research and apparently it's from G1 ?

Default Re: What happened with arcee? and with the movie?

I am pretty sure barricade dissappeared, they said he was on route to the city in TF1, but he never showed up. Also, on a personal note, dont say "dissapoint us", next time, speak for yourself. they gray decepticons you referred to were the ones Starscream was breeding on the moon.
    Last edited by Simbadest; 06-29-2009 at 06:54 AM.

TF2......wow, kept us glued to our seats the whole time. Hard to pick a favourite scene. The film length was perfect.......not too short and having to speed the story up too much, and not too long where everyone's dying to get out of the theatre.

This film defenitely gave more depth to the world of transformers!
    Looking forward to seeing more of devastator in the next one.....or even a whole army of devastators

I just didn't like all the corny jokes in the movie i felt like the only one that took the movie serious was Prime and Megatron

Mudflap and Skids street slang, gold teeth, can't read ...really? i'm surpise we didn't see a KKK Decepticon fighting them

BubbleBee still has no Voice?

Why wasn't Soundwave fighting right beside Megatron, thats his main man!

I really enjoy the movie. the action and fighting was awesome very entertaining. I Just hope for T3 you take it a tad more serious

-The jokes/humor, sexual references just put me off in the movie. They were very unecesary and did not help the plot at all. It just made the movie more mediocre.

-Either way I enjoyed the movie for its very good action sequences.

-The plot: Meh..... it was ok

-The design of the characters look good.

-Fight scene between Fallen and Optimus should've been longer.

-Optimus prime didnt really have a lot of screen time nor dialogue.

-The conflict between StarScream and megatron was well executed.

-Too many unecessary robots in the movie.

-Too many human characters that werent needed.

-The twins: what was the point of them?

Review....
    Action was good... screen time for the characters was good too!

what was bad is the story and some of the acting!! like Megan Fox...
    Megan Fox did nothing!! absolutely nothing! she thought by having a good body! that's all she has to do...

Shia! he did good... But not as the first one... because in the first movie! for Shia and Megan! it was a chance to show themselves! so they had to do their best

for the robots!!! it's very unclear! like i think sideways! he got he killed in the first 3-5 mins of the movie! we couldn't even see his face!! and i think i've seen!! 2 mixmasters and that other dude that got killed in the beginning of the movie!! And also!! the big changes with the robots power....
    And they had to kill a main character.. Either from the Autobots or the Decepticons.. And if you tell me that wasn't in the original cartoons or movie.. So is the Fallen!

In the first movie!! i could feel that the movie is real!! the story was perfect... But this one!! like the moment where shia and group get kidnapped and they're with Megatron and Starscreem... Shia jokes about it!! and he knows that he could die.. No realism, And if it was like the moment where Barricade talks with Sam about the galsses in the first movie. That's i call good acting!

And here is my opinions for Transformers 3... It's either to be a prequel! or! the fight takes over Cybertron... Because we'll know what's gonna happen in the 3rd one unless they make some big changes... There is no use of more robots and big explosions.. There is has to be a good story line! and good dialogues

Edit :
    Michael bay did an awesome job.. But it was the writers and the actors fault!!

Peace.

I saw ROTF at the midnight showing and it was good but not great. I will say Bay did an awesome job with filming and the FX were great but the story I thought was the weak point.There was too much thrown into the story which I think made it weak. Kinda like with what happened to Batman Returns. You bring in to much in one movie and try to fit it into a couple hours and none of the characters get there due time. I think the should have held off on bringing in the Fallen til 3. Focused more on Megs coming back and have Devastator earlier on and not get blown apart as easy. Yes this movie had a shitload more Bots but they weren't given enough time to get to know them. I wish they would have just mentioned the Fallen in this one, build things up for him to be then in the next. Focuse me on the return of Megs and then show more of what Devastator was capable of during. I would have loved to see all the Autobots battle the Regular Decepticons at the same time as trying to fight Devs. That would have been Epic!!!! Will I go see it again. Yes!! But I hope they do the third a little different. Don't try to cram so much in the it weakens the story.
    Name: Battlebot
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

I've seen it twice, and am dying to see it again.

The only things that really disappointed me, is some of the "toilet humor" and the scenes with Alice. I kind of felt like she was un-necessary, and a lame attempt to throw some smut into the movie. She did feel to Terminator to me. Didn't like her. Although, the best scene with her in it, is the drive they take in Bumblebee. That had the audience clapping. I think a regular smaller 'con could have been worked into that part better. It could have attacked Sam at school and they still could have ran, still had the movie end up where it did, when the trio get taken by Megatron. I didn't like the dogs...scenes, or Wheelie's dog like moment. Pointless.

I loved the autobots. Especially Prime! I know he's like the leader of the bots, and you could tell in the first movie, but in this one, it seemed more solid. I don't know. That's just me.
    The forest scene was epic! As was Optimus' revival/battle with Fallen, even though that particluar battle should have been longer. But The Fallen had already pointed out that the only thing that could defeat him was a Prime, and at the time of that battle, Optimus was like an ultimate Prime. It kind of made sense that the battle was so short. Fallen didn't really stand a chance I just wanted it longer as I loved watching Optimus kick some major butt!!
    Overall, I'd give it 8.5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsubs View Post
    -

-Fight scene between Fallen and Optimus should've been longer.
    This i agree with.

Default Re: How this movie improved over the first one imo (SPOILERS).

Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
    I didn't like this bit either but I did a bit of research and apparently it's from G1 ?
    Not G1, pretenders definitely came later. I didn't like that part either though.

I'm afraid the movie won't have legs. I'm in my 30's and went to a midnight show. All eleven theaters were 100% filled and MAYBE I saw twenty people older than me. Everyone was 15-18. Their attention spans are too short to keep a movie going; that and they only have so much disposable cash. Adults (me?) will pay more attention to what most of the critics are saying rather than what their kids say. That and their interests lie elsewhere. I think it'll severely limit the continuance of the box office crush Bay has going now. For the franchises sake, I hope I'm wrong.

There's an old acting axiom that says the relationship between power and effort is inverse. If it looks like you're working to hard (yelling, screaming, etc.) all the time, your power eventually diminishes (e.g. teachers yell all the time, kids stop listening). If it looks like there's little effort, but the actor (teacher, coach, parent, MOVIE) still holds everyone's attention, then you've got true power. To me, TF2 was just trying too hard. Effects amazing. Prime was awesome (although I still don't think Prime would should another bot in the head at point-blank range). But it was just too much "yelling," and eventually, people will stop listening.

I think the movie would have been much better had it concentrated on other things: Megs/Screamer dynamic (coolest scenes in the movie), a MUCH more powerful Fallen (he died WAY too easily), more Devastator, and fewer bots (I know, I know).

The last point though is a big one. You see so many bots for such little time. Sideswipe was so badass, why not more of him? How cool is the Prime/Ironhide connection? There's a reason the original cartoon/toyline was so loved. Kids could get not only their hands around them, but their heads too. They KNEW the characters and loved them. Ask silly old fanboys like me what movie they first cried at, and they might say when Prime died in the 86 cartoon.

Bay's TF1 and TF2 simply ignore nearly everyone except Prime and the kiddie bots like Wheelie and the Twins.

Don't get me wrong, for 25 years I wanted TF on screen, and it least I got that. The forest scene was great, as was the way they characterized Jetfire. I just walked away from both films a little disappointed.

Wink Re: Opinions/ reviews

How do you make a 1980's cartoon /action figure come to life ?
    Ask Michael Bay .

This is one of the most difficult types of film to make and do it well.

there is always room for improvement, but T2 rocked.

I really enjoyed the parents and sam's roomate along with the other cast members

Great job

As for the critics , this is the entertainment industry and we are ENTERTAINED and jealousy is evil.

Thumbs down Re: Opinions/ reviews

the movie fell short. all the b.s. about college and sam's sex life with megan way over acting. and having a transformer "teminator" chic in the movie with all the cursing??!! no need for any of that crap. movie couldve been way better if it wouldve just focused on the transformers not about how moms get high or dogs humping! thats not what transformers is all about. i hope if a third one is made he or whoever makes it doesnt blow it for the true fans and kids of the transformer world.

Quote Originally Posted by warhawk View Post
    the movie fell short. all the b.s. about college and sam's sex life with megan way over acting. and having a transformer "teminator" chic in the movie with all the cursing??!! no need for any of that crap. movie couldve been way better if it wouldve just focused on the transformers not about how moms get high or dogs humping! thats not what transformers is all about. i hope if a third one is made he or whoever makes it doesnt blow it for the true fans and kids of the transformer world.
    Moms getting high and dogs humping was a mere glimpse of the movie... stop thinking of the one bad joke you saw and look at the rest of the movie.

I see the opinions on this site are very favorable. I wish i could agree i really do. I looked forward to this movie the very second the first one ended and i have to say i was totally disappointed. Where do i start

1) the twins - i have to go here. How can anyone like these things, seriously, they totally undermined the movie as a whole. I'm not going the race route or any of that,, but i can see how that is being perceived. But they just were just straight up stupid, not to mention useless and pointless. Barely funny and just annoying.

2) Leo - again, the character was pointless. Very annoying, not funny and again stupid type comedy.

3) the mom - though not as bad as the previous two, just not necessary and over the top. Part one had plenty of good comedy but this movie failed on almost all accounts, besides shia.

4) all the stereotype stuff - why ? i just don't understand, part one was so good without any of this, meanwhile this movie was full of it. Good movies don't need this, like part one.

5) deceptagons - the girl deceptagon ? the fallen ? the old timers ? ughhh , you have got to be kidding me ! Devastator was "ok", megatron and starscream great, soundwave petty awesome, but why can you do his real voice. If family guy can do his voice , i'm sure a 200 million dollar transformer movie can too. At the end, who were those deceptagons anyways, just like a bunch of robots thrown in. Part one at least developed each deceptagon a bit, this one didn't develop anything.

6) the fallen - really bothered me. No mention of this "fallen character" in part one. If they at least explained this some, it would help to break the fall (no pun intended) in part two. But he just came out of nowhere and all of a sudden megatron's every move is to make his master happy and proud? Think ol' mega would mentioned his precious superior in part one if he was such a role model. And since when does megatron answer to anyone, and the survey says: He Doesn't !

7) transform sound effect - that's nice, just eliminate one of the most recognizable sound effects related to transformers, again, why ???

8) maybe part 3 will go back to the way part one was done - at least i hope so

I only had two problems with this movie:
    -More Bumblebee/More Jolt
    -More Fallen/More Devastator

Basically, I just want more.

^^They are called Decepticons, not Deceptagons...