Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Default Re: What happened with arcee? and with the movie?

i'm quite happy that arcee appeared at all. i still wished she had more screentime. i guess there are too many robots. they are all fighting for screentime.

Default Re: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

I went to the IMAX version last night and it blew me away

The movie was really great and there where some nice effects, only thing that bugged me was the character development from Meg or Starscream. They barely got any screen time imo and had nothing much to say tru the whole movie. This is one thing that could have been better imo.
    Same with Devastator, he came, he combined, he died....

The rest was "kickin ass"

Default Omg!!!

Never have I been so let down by a film in my life. I've been a transformers fan from the start and after the first awesome film have been eagerly awaiting this one. Who though the twins were a good idea ? They were worse than Ja Ja Binks , I was overjoyed to see one get eaten, this soon faded. And why on earth is Meagatron an underling to a nonexisting letdown of an enemy. I dont mind if i'm slated or removed the fact remains thatcham any fans of movies let alone tramsformers must be appalled by this waste of a potential uber film.

Default Re: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Death is logically necessary.

Cool Re: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

I saw Transformers 2 the second time in IMAX last night. Excellent job! I loved the movie, the characters, the plot, and the flow of it all for a squeal. My only real disapointment was the voice of Megatron. The original voice in the first transformers gave the impact needed for the main villain and the raw destructive emotion he defined. This new voice actor made him feel less threatening than the original with not as much depth in what he is suppose to embody. If a number 3 is made, please bring back the original voice actor.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gekk0state View Post
    I saw Transformers 2 the second time in IMAX last night. Excellent job! I loved the movie, the characters, the plot, and the flow of it all for a squeal. My only real disapointment was the voice of Megatron. The original voice in the first transformers gave the impact needed for the main villain and the raw destructive emotion he defined. This new voice actor made him feel less threatening than the original with not as much depth in what he is suppose to embody. If a number 3 is made, please bring back the original voice actor.

Thanks.
    Hugo Weaving voiced him in this one and the first one.

Banned

Any of you nerds Notice the Big Up NARUTO wallscroll in that espanish boys room? err the websites bedroom.

I did

Big ups to Bay for that alone!!!
    It did look like we learned how to film a fight somewhere between film 1 and 2. ...comics are good because they're already the storyboard

Anyone else tears up during Sam's death scene? That shit gets to me every time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    naw dog.

Sam is getting increasingly Stupid, this film is about him going out of his way to not have a fit as raut girl and a Autobot Buddy.

But I do feel it straight to my heart when Prime gets it.

Then the helicopter scene, I half expected to see a teary eyed blond kid break through the crowd and yell "CONVOY"

... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoyWXqATsQU
    Last edited by S!gma; 06-27-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Default TF2 disappointments

TF2 disappointments
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saw the movie on opening night, me, the wife and our 3 kids (10,11 and 13). Now we enjoyed the first movie very much, even my wife liked it!! This time tho, I am impressed with the story, fight with the fallen should have been longer and more dramatic, CGI was awesome, but there was one major thing that bothered me the most. The language was terrible!!! Not just the language but the dogs too. (you know the scene!) Kids don't need to see that! I found the language and certain frames very offensive. I don't know why Sam's mom has to be such a foul mouthed person.

As a parent, and I know your hear too, I don't want my kids to hear that on the big screen! There are LOTS of movies that have never used or had MAYBE one or two lesser swear words in them that made the movie enjoyable to watch! (e.g. - Star Wars or Indiana Jones) Micheal Bay needs to pay attention to what he's doing. Hasbro should scold him for these things if he want to do another movie. This would have been way better to watch had these thing not been in the movie! Disappointing.

Other than that, a good movie. Could have been better.

Sorry Mr. Bay.

Your thoughts?

One of the parts that got to me was Sam's dad having trouble letting go of his son.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    One of the parts that got to me was Sam's dad having trouble letting go of his son.
    yeah that was a well acted scene. i have yet to post my review, i am going to go see it at imax then write a review.

Drake

Default Re: TF2 disappointments

Quote Originally Posted by grifter prime View Post
    TF2 disappointments
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saw the movie on opening night, me, the wife and our 3 kids (10,11 and 13). Now we enjoyed the first movie very much, even my wife liked it!! This time tho, I am impressed with the story, fight with the fallen should have been longer and more dramatic, CGI was awesome, but there was one major thing that bothered me the most. The language was terrible!!! Not just the language but the dogs too. (you know the scene!) Kids don't need to see that! I found the language and certain frames very offensive. I don't know why Sam's mom has to be such a foul mouthed person.

As a parent, and I know your hear too, I don't want my kids to hear that on the big screen! There are LOTS of movies that have never used or had MAYBE one or two lesser swear words in them that made the movie enjoyable to watch! (e.g. - Star Wars or Indiana Jones) Micheal Bay needs to pay attention to what he's doing. Hasbro should scold him for these things if he want to do another movie. This would have been way better to watch had these thing not been in the movie! Disappointing.

Other than that, a good movie. Could have been better.

Sorry Mr. Bay.

Your thoughts?
    Yet people dying left and right, usually graphically, is ok? Nice standards, there.

I almost cried three times. During Primes death scene, Bumblebee comforting Sam, and Sam's death. I held it in because I was there with a friend from work and I didn't want it to get out that I actually cried during an action movie.

Am I the only one that really liked the story? It was a style that I really like to write myself. It honestly felt so familiar to me and I understood a lot of it. I must be weird.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

HOLY COW! This movie did exactly what it was intended to do. It kept me entertained for the entire time from start to finish. I saw it at the IMAX place closest to my house, but there is another one that is the full dome a little further away that I may try and get to before Harry Potter takes over. Reflecting about what I just saw, were there things in it that I will remember? Absolutely! Were there things that I wish weren't part of it? Yes, but overall the good outweigh the bad a lot. To all the critics who found many things wrong with it, I say take it for what the movie is intended to be - ENTERTAINMENT!! Thank you Michael and the crew for the film I was hoping to see when I first saw the first movie and Starscream leaving at the end.

Yeah, that was a great and emotional scene too.

i actually thought megan fox did better this time around....but the pouting was very noticeable in the first half of the movie.

Please post your opinion politely, but do not insult people in your review/opinions.

All post insulting the filmmakers, fans, and board members will get your post deleted and get you banned.

I have zero tolerance for trolls and haters who just come here to stir up shit. I will open up a can of whoop-ass like you never seen before.

Do I make myself clear?

Please post your opinion politely, but do not insult people in your review/opinions.

All post insulting the filmmakers, fans, and board members will get your post deleted and get you banned.

I have zero tolerance for trolls and haters who just come here to stir up shit. I will open up a can of whoop-ass like you never seen before.

Do I make myself clear?
    yes master.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    I almost cried three times. During Primes death scene, Bumblebee comforting Sam, and Sam's death. I held it in because I was there with a friend from work and I didn't want it to get out that I actually cried during an action movie.

Am I the only one that really liked the story? It was a style that I really like to write myself. It honestly felt so familiar to me and I understood a lot of it. I must be weird.
    You're certainly not the only one that liked it, as I've stated before I think the story was more simple than I was expecting but no less compelling. Mainly because of larger than life characters and great acting from Shia, Julie, and Kevin when it called for some real emotion.

And ofcourse Primes downfall in the woods got me too. So glad I managed to stay spoiler free this time around.

Do I make myself clear?
    I've said this once, and I'll say it again...do not piss off Nelson. He means it.

I did but when he came back that scene was a relieve for me.
    Softball is life.

My sister is going tonight. She already said that I can't come with for a second viewing. She already flaked out on me Wednesday (I went with a coworker.) *rolls eyes* She wonders why I call her Starscream.

Default Re: TF2 disappointments

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Yet people dying left and right, usually graphically, is ok? Nice standards, there.
    Language is optional, dying or being killed isn't.

well... in a movie everything is really optional...