Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Default Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

I went at the midnight showing and was quite mixed because it was literally "sensory overload". It was quite hard to take in everything about the story and action and basically everything that was going on but I was still able to be entertained from it.

But also because of some bad seats (right side seat and 4th row from the front), it made the action hard to follow

So I went again tonight, and this time lined up well in advance and got the best seats in the theater. And this time, it was EXCELLENT!!!

Not only was I able to catch all the action alot better but I was able to enjoy the rest of the movie much better as a whole.

So it is definitely recommended that people line up in advance to guarantee yourself a good seat so that you can catch all the action because there's alot of it.

First time I saw it, it kind of dragged after the forest fight. But on the 2nd viewing, I felt it didn't drag as much or at all.

2nd time is the charm. Next up.........IMAX viewing
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Default Re: 2nd time is the charm

Well it was the first time i watched it today and i got really good seats! Im watching it in IMAX next week!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Hopefully my second showing I can get better seats to see "the whole picture". Second Row Middle was a pain in the neck, literally lol. However I dont think I can sit and wait an hour in line like I did on the first showing. Maybe a half an hour.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm even more excited to see this movie again now

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    But also because of some bad seats (right side seat and 4th row from the front), it made the action hard to follow
    Been there, done that.

They call it something like viewer fatigue, when you sit too close. I had it back when I saw the first Transformers, there was just way too much to take in.

Like most around here though I'm going back again. And again. And most likely again

Banned

i just saw it last night, and im seeing it again tomorrow, and then imax!!

Default What happened with arcee? and with the movie?

What happened with arcee? she was only an extra and she did nothing, I wait two years to see arcee and she did not even said a word, and soundwave never transform and fight, and many sexual messages ,two or three is not bad, but why so many ? i am very disappointed, where was barricade? he did not die in the first movie, almost all the transformers are gray i can not distinguish one from another, these robots do not have anything like the original desings , or even their colors, when i see the designs i do not know who they are, so to find out who is the character i have to read the name
    is very difficult to see an eye, a mouth or an fasial expression and when they are mixed in battle i do not know who's who, well of course almost all are gray, was very confusing. if the constrocticons form devastator why the constrocticons was separated while devastator was united? and God B is mute again? making the same joke twice, its so bored, why when the autobots are in car mode they looks new and intact and when they transform in to robot mode the car paint is dirty and damaged? hello those are the same pieces of the car!! and sorry but the original megatron voice by frank welker is much better than hugo weaving and if you have anyone doubt of this i invite you to listen frank voice in tranformers movie game. is much more exciting! i am a big fan of transformers and michael bay and i hope in the next transformes movie he does not disappoint us

Default Re: What happened with arcee? and with the movie?

well he did not dissapoint me
    Yes it's me in my avatar and yes it's inspired by Michael Bay!

Default Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Continue...

Default Re: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2/Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

I t was AWESOME. ENjoy it, don't think about it.

P.S. Mudflap and Skids were cool. Keep them for next TF3.

Default Re: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

I can't wait to watch it for the 3rd time!!

So many cool shots in this movie

There was a time when Tom Cruise was the king of hollywood. And then later he was dethroned by Will Smith.

At this point in time, Michael Bay is truly the king of hollywood
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Default Re: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 2 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

One thing has happened to me after seing this movie that didn't happend in this two years with the first.

I have never been a Transformers fan, i loved the first movie but wasn't really interested in the Transformers world. Now i'm interested in Transformers mythology.

The bits showed looked interesting.

the movie was awesome and i enjoyed it immensely and I'm going to see it again tomorrow with my oldest son. Transformers 1, and Revenge of the Fallen have changed my life and my hobby of collecting immensely. I am now planning on maybe going into special effects, though its still up in the air on where to go to.
    "Call me a traitor...I'm just collecting your victims..." Paramore Monster

Just like I said in the verdict thread. Went beyond my expectations. I thought it will be good but didn't know it will be great. The humor was fantastic (even went kinda weird, i think you know what I mean), the story was great, the new robots, wow! the movie kept me on the edge of my seat. It was intense overall. Overall it should get several nominations for best sound, best story, and don't get me started on best picture because it was not just WOWS, it was AMAZINGLY WOWS
    Softball is life.

Default my two cents

[WARNING: opinion voiced, possible implicit spoilers!]

Hi everyone,

I saw the film the other day - it was good! 7/10 or so I reckon.

But something bothered me about the film... it's been nagging me for a few days now and I could not quite put my finger on it, and then it hit me...

I know nothing more about the characters now that I have watched the movie than what I did before. For example...

The relationship between Megatron and Starscream - no real development there. What happened to Starscream in between films? Looked like he was just sitting around Cybertron doing not much, getting tattoos and watching daytime TV...

Ironhide / Ratchet.. nothing new, hardly any screen time. No development of their characters.

Optimus Prime - plenty of screen time but nothing.. he is a really interesting character with (I am sure) an interesting back-story. Nothing.

Same goes for Bumblebee. And Soundwave.

And how about some Transformers background? Robots that combine (ala Soundwave and Ravage) - how did they come to this (seemingly) symbiotic relationship?

Hatchlings? Starscream seemed to care about the hatchlings... why? He is a bad guy, why would he care? But he does... and nothing to delve into that part of his character.

And the list goes on...

Maybe it's just me, and others aren't interested in this stuff. But as someone who saw the cartoons as a child I always loved the relationships between the characters (Megatron and Starscream was a great one).

And I think that Bay missed a trick here - he could have made the Autobot / Decepticon thing so much more interesting.

In the movie, The Fallen went after Earth because he was "just bad". But what if Cybertron was running out of evergy at the time, and there were not many suitable Sun's left? The Fallen could argue that the human race was primitive enough to sacrifice? Cybertronian hatchlings were dying after all..

The other Primes disagreed...

There would be a definite moral grey area there - the Decepticons see themselves as trying to save Cybertron, the Autobots as trying to take the higher moral ground. That would definitely tie in with Optimus' attitude to the whole thing. And would even set up a potential defection by Starscream...

Anyway, maybe I am getting to deep. This could be just a kids movie I guess.

But there is a huge audience of people who saw the cartoon and are a bit older now... I would like to see this franchise go the way of Batman - deeper, darker, morally expeditious. Something to really get your teeth into.

With the existing character set there is an awesome opportunity for that, IMHO.

Good movie everyone - go and see it!
    Ben
    Last edited by benjimx; 06-26-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: warning

Default Re: my two cents

I think you're taking it a bit too seriously...

Yep, I think that you're right... it was an awesome movie. Great fun! And for that reason it is what it is, and it's alright.

Maybe everyone is trying to make this a movie that isn't supposed to be.
    I am no expert i went to see it for the same reason i saw the first one, i watched Transformers every day after school and watched the Transformers movie in '86 at the theaters cause i loved that shit.
    There is no ruining of my childhood or care about character development
    for me. I have no illusions about Transformers being up for an Oscar.
    Frankly don't care, all i want from this is to be entertained and i was more than happy, i liked it more than the first because there was more Transformers than the first time. I wanted to see Prime kick ass and he did not disappoint, problem is everyone that loved this as a kid has grown up and there trying to make this something it should not be.

I think your two cents belongs in the discussion thread. That's where everyone elses two cents are. Your not special enough to have your own thread about your review
    I LOVE NELSON!!

Quote Originally Posted by samwitwicky View Post
    i think your two cents belongs in the discussion thread. That's where everyone elses two cents are. Your not special enough to have your own thread about your review
    yup

For some reason it's really bothering me when people say they hate it and that bad word of mouth will kill it in the box office. I've seen it and have heard nothing but good from those around me that have. I don't get why it just grinds on me so much when people are so hateful towards it. Not like annoying, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong by liking it. I must really be a girl if my emotions get to me like that, huh?
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benjimx View Post
    In the movie, The Fallen went after Earth because he was "just bad".
    Uhh. No. He went to Earth because of the Sun he could harvest. Sure, there may not have been an Energy Crisis as of then, but he wanted it.

If you recall, the very very very first scene - He was building the Sun Harvester.

He didn't go there for the sake of it.

Fair enough opinion though, just had to point this out.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

Yep, fair enough. Sorry, I did put this in the wrong place. Can I move it / request it to be moved?

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    For some reason it's really bothering me when people say they hate it and that bad word of mouth will kill it in the box office. I've seen it and have heard nothing but good from those around me that have. I don't get why it just grinds on me so much when people are so hateful towards it. Not like annoying, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong by liking it. I must really be a girl if my emotions get to me like that, huh?
    I didn't really enjoy it all that much the first time,. I think there is just SOOO much going on. The action and transformations as a fan, I wanted to watch them in detail but it happened so fast because of everything going on. I may have had the attitude, "Well that sucks I wanted to see that". I went to see it a second time and really really enjoyed it. I will be going a third time tomorrow.

What's pissing me off is some of my fellow critics actually are touting this "worse than Wolverine."

OOOOOOOOOOOOH No, not by a long shot. Wolverine sucked the shit out of my ass. Transformers 2 (IMO) was just disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by benjimx View Post
    Hatchlings? Starscream seemed to care about the hatchlings... why? He is a bad guy, why would he care? But he does... and nothing to delve into that part of his character.
    that wasnt so hard to understand starscream wants to be leader so how can he be leader if their whole robot race is dying. taking over for megatron is one thing but whats the point if your future followers are dying basically your ruling nothing if theres no one there.
    (Maximals shooting at the autobot ship)
    Rattrap: Aw, man! That ship wasn't built, it was poured!
    Optimus Primal: Die-cast construction... it's a lost art.