Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should Michael Bay work on in the future?

Default What should Michael Bay work on in the future?

Now that Transformers 2 is out and seen by most of us, I've started to ponder Michael Bay's next project. You've probably all heard that he doesn't want to do another action movie (at least for a while), and that he'd rather do an "art film." Do you guys believe this will happen, or will Michael keep representing the action flicks? Whether your answer is yes or no, what do you think Michael's future projects should be?
    TF2 Trading Cards http://www.tf2cards.ca

Default Re: What should Michael Bay work on in the future?

I hope some art-like. I'm fed up of boner-explosions!
    I've always defended Michael Bay against attacks that his films are full of stupid explosions, girls in underwear and mindless characters... but then he made Transformers 2 and I conceded...

Quote Originally Posted by kevski View Post
    I hope some art-like. I'm fed up of boner-explosions!
    But that's his medium, isn't it?

I want Bay to make the project he's been wanting to make for a long time called Pain and Gain
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    I want Bay to make the project he's been wanting to make for a long time called Pain and Gain
    I second this. Been hearing about this little project for so long now I anticipate it almost as much as Transformers.

Yes! This is a good idea so long as he also does Transformers 3 at some point.
    Realism & Anti-Realism sucks.

What should Michael Bay work on in the future?
    Whatever he feels like?

I would like to see a Bad Boys III.

I mean I know Will would do it, I know martin would do it. It's if michael wants to do it.
    R.I.P Don LaFonatane, The official voice of hollywood.

GoBots.
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

P.O.M. - Pyramids of Mars - http://www.pyramidsofmars. He's a natural for it.

PAIN & GAIN has been in Michael's pocket for a long time, and would make for a perfect little project during the break between TF2 and TF3 (assuming he agrees to do TF3, of course).

Im hoping he can squeeze in a U.S. military commercials. Bay is perfect for it. I heard many guys saying they wonna join the Marines,AF and Army after watching Transformers.

Here are a few of my all time favorite U.S. military commercials......
    reminds me of Bay's style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFeHoMhuz7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlzdZqSVbJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZosOAgaGiS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwaskivJrZE

i'll keep it short and sweet.

WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS

he has brought the studio and the business the most money of any director in the past few years.

even if he said i want to remake josie and the fucking pussycats, i would'nt say no. he deserves to make whatever he wants.
    I'm currently trying to write the next X-Men Movie, so if you have any suggestions, just PM me. I'm ready to clean up the beautiful disaster which was X3

Godzilla!

From /film:
    Full Details on Michael Bay’s “Small Movie” Project
    Last week Michael Bay said that he has a small Pulp Fiction-type of movie before returning for Transformers 3. Guess what? We received a tip over to the weekend revealing everything. Want to know what Bay’s small movie project will be about? Full details after the jump.

For the past decade, Michael Bay has been itching to make a feature film adaptation of a Miami News article. Described as “a mixture of Fargo and Pulp Fiction” or “Point Break with bodybuilders”, Pain & Gain tells the true story of a couple of Florida steroid-abusing knucklehead bodybuilders who become criminals involved in an extortion ring and a a kidnapping plot that goes horribly awry.
    And as Bay hinted at in the MTV interview, the story is more of a character piece than anything else, real dark comedy. There isn’t even room for an action scene aside from one car crash. The film was originally set up at Paramount with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, the team that worked on The Chronicles of Narnia films and The First Avenger: Captain America for Marvel. Bay also called the project untitled, which means they might be going in a different direction for the film’s title.
    You can read the entire 8-page article, which was published in December 1999 on the Miami New Times website.

Default I Am Number Four

From THR:
    Flush with the cascading waterfall of revenue from their "Transformers" sequel, director Michael Bay and DreamWorks are getting right back into business together.

Early Friday afternoon, the studio completed a deal to purchase pre-emptively the film rights to "I Am Number Four," an unpublished science fiction book, for Bay to produce and possibly direct. It is the first in a planned six-volume series co-written by "A Million Little Pieces" author James Frey.

Neither the studio nor WME, which represents Frey and Bay, would confirm Frey or divulge the name of the other author.

The deal is in the high-six figures.

WME began shopping the book's feature and publishing rights early in the week to a number of producers and studios. The agency used a pseudonym for the authors presumably because Frey is notable mainly for his scandal-ridden fudging of facts in his ostensible memoir of addiction and subsequent high-profile dressing down by Oprah Winfrey on her show.

The "Four" story line involves nine alien teens assimilating to high school on Earth after their planet is destroyed by an enemy species. The fourth of the group discovers that the enemy is now after him on Earth.

Bay liked the concept enough to take the manuscript to DreamWorks principals Stacey Snider and Steven Spielberg, with whom he made "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," and they leapt at the chance to team up once again. Spielberg's influence was heavy on the two "Transformers" films -- he is credited as an executive producer -- and he is expected to have a similar involvement with "Four."

The book's publishing rights remain available, though there has been interest from multiple entities. That Spielberg and Bay have endorsed the story's appeal no doubt increases its potential for a sizable sale.
    From Variety:
    DreamWorks is firming up a deal to preemptively acquire screen rights to "I Am Number Four," the first of a six-book science fiction deal that has "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" director Michael Bay aboard to produce and possibly direct.

DreamWorks is working on a high six-figure deal, sources said.

The real surprise in the deal, though, is the identity of one of the two authors. Though WME began shopping the book Thursday under a pseudonym, sources said one of the writers is James Frey, best known for writing "A Million Little Pieces." Neither the agency nor the studio would confirm.

The deal puts Bay right back in business with DreamWorks, Steven Spielberg and Stacey Snider. It is expected that Spielberg will be active in a behind-the-scenes capacity, similar to the godfather role he has played in the "Transformers" franchise. The sale comes as "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" takes a run at the record books this weekend, after setting records on its first two days in theaters.

The franchise is about a group of nine earthbound alien teens who escaped their planet just before it was destroyed by a hostile species. While the high school-aged kids assimilate, the title character discovers that he is being hunted by the enemy that blew up his planet.

Both the publishing rights and the screen rights were shopped simultaneously, with Bay taking it into DreamWorks/Disney, Columbia and Universal; J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot for Paramount; Bryan Singer for Fox, and BenderSpink for New Line and CBS.

Frey recently became a client of WME when his agent, Eric Simonoff, joined WMA from Janklow-Nesbit.

Frey established himself as a literary sensation for his addiction memoir "A Million Little Pieces," only to have it turn sour when it was revealed he embellished incidents in the book. Warner Bros. and Brad Pitt's Plan B had made a pricey deal to turn the book into a film, but that stalled after a scandal that reached its peak with a mea culpa appearance on Oprah Winfrey's daytime show, and a lawsuit against publisher Random House by readers who felt duped.

What's Pain and Gain? Never heard of it. Anybody got a link?

From /film:
    Can Michael Bay Be Convinced To Fast Track a Transformers 3?

From The Miami New Times
    December 23, 1999:
    Pain & Gain

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Collins

They were local bodybuilders with a penchant for steroids, strippers, and quick cash. And they became expert in the use of a peculiar motivational tool: Torture

So if he does decide to do this "smaller film," he'll have no rest to start TF3... interesting. I'm thinking he's going to do it. The media is probably just blowing it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntDriver View Post
    So if he does decide to do this "smaller film," he'll have no rest to start TF3... interesting. I'm thinking he's going to do it. The media is probably just blowing it up a bit.
    Doing that little movie will be the rest.

Yeah good point, I'm sure the TF series is a lot more draining then whatever he's going to be doing that's small.

I want him to do a classic fantasy movie. Dragons has fire so no classic explosions but alot of fire And wizards with magic and light coming out of their fingers - something with light effects which Bay knows how to do in a cool way!
    Yes it's me in my avatar and yes it's inspired by Michael Bay!

Not another shambling mess like transformers 2

Quote Originally Posted by bobbins mahoney View Post
    Not another shambling mess like transformers 2
    It's so bad it tanked.....

I believe Michael Bay's next film is called I AM NUMBER FOUR.