Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plea to MB for a PG DVD cut, please?

Default Re: Plea to MB for a PG DVD cut, please?

Quote Originally Posted by OmarB View Post
    I find it pretty funny that the guy with the avatar of someone coming out of a rhino's ass has a problem with TF2.
    Who's the cracked out drunk bum in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by spencey7 View Post

(and for any moron claiming this "isn't a kids movie" - come off it. Honestly, think about what you're saying. Ask hasbro if it's a kids movie. Ask spielberg. Ask paramount. Ask bay himself. Don't be ridiculous.)

thank you!

:lol:lolLMAO THIS IS THE FUNNIEST POST EVER---please Michael please--this is like asking Bush to apologize for invading Iraq--like asking terrentino (sp) to make a PG cut for grindhouse--do u wanna ask terminator salvation guy for a PG cut too---there was "raping" in that movie..killing--shooting--dont let ur kids watch that one--they gonna wanna shoot pple--or just ask for a PG rating dvd--u better ask now for a GI-joe Pg cut..lmao---Michael i have some salt to offer if u dont have enough to take this thread with?
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Joerhyno View Post
    That drunk would be me. But I'm no parent.
    - Omar B.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

I have to agree that all of the action sequences with autobots and decepticons ( or any scene with bots in it ) should be child friendly, its just the in-between times which have been filled with constant sex jokes, I mean seriously, we go from bots activated in Sam's kitchen straight to dogs humping eachother? To me that was just pointless, sure people laughed at it, but is there any reason for us to see dogs going at it in a transformers movie? No.

They (Bay and co.) could have easily just taken out that 3 second scene, and put the dogs looking confused or something that the microwave in the kitchen is now firing missles out the window, but no.

The transformers movie SHOULD be able to be watched by younger audiences, but parts of the movie like this discourage parents from bringing their children.

cracked out? Excuse me?
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    cracked out? Excuse me?
    Personal attack? LOL.
    - Omar B.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

Alphen Aan De Rijn, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands, Netherlands

I'm really starting to hate these discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by OmarB View Post
    Personal attack? LOL.
    But you attacked his avatar first so it was only fair he respond. Seriously though this is just silly now. We do not need censorship in any form in any media.

Well I'm not the one wanting censorship, the guy crying for it should have more taste than having a rhino's ass with a guy coming out of it for his avatar is the one asking for it. As for the attack, pointing out what his avatar "is" is quite different than calling my picture cracked out.
    - Omar B.

I'm not a parent but I don't think it can be argued that stuff should be edited out because Star Wars is a kids film too but when Revenge of the Sith came out it had the same rating as Revenge of the Fallen (12A in the UK) and people didn't ask for a censored version of that even though, primarilly it's a kids film series.
    Realism & Anti-Realism sucks.

Well I'm not the one wanting censorship, the guy crying for it should have more taste than having a rhino's ass with a guy coming out of it for his avatar is the one asking for it. As for the attack, pointing out what his avatar "is" is quite different than calling my picture cracked out.
    Omar you're a little full of yourself, the original post was a reasonable post. They are just looking for an alternative cut along with whats out now. Its not like they're trying to destroy all remains of the old cut. Transformers the brand is very much marketed towards kids. Now try to picture yourself as a parent of a 5 year old. The kid's got Transformers cartoons, comics, toys, commercials marketed to him heavily for the past few months all in preparation for the new movie, and you both enjoyed the first one a lot. You're telling me you'd still wouldn't take your kid to see it. Come on I agree the movie won't turn the kid into a freak when he's older but that doesn't mean that there can't be an alternative cut along with the original that's more kid friendly. It doesn't make you a bad parent to want to shield you're kid its instinctive.

No, I'm a lot full of myself. I'm the only one in this body.

But no, I don't find it at all reasonable to have an artist's work censored to suit someone's sensibilities. It is the way it is because that's the way he wanted it.
    - Omar B.

My son being only 5 is pretty damn smart, he's been accepted to a college program, is learning 2nd grade math, learning chinese, some french... piano lessons, already started writing his own music, again.. I'm a stay at home dad that teaches him every single day of his life.. what were you and your parents doing at 5?
    Pity that intelligence doesn't run in the family.

Seriously mate, a pg-13 movie and he's 5, and you didn't think to screen it first?

This is the second such thread I've seen like this. Where does it end? You're like the guy who buys a house next to the airport and then complains about the noise. It's a live-action movie, not a cartoon. Plus the whole Revenge motif, I don't know, doesn't the NAME of the movie drop a hint or two?

As far as the DVD is concerned, your request isn't actually all that unreasonable what with Transformers being based off a toy and an old cartoon. That said, wow, next time maybe exercise a little common sense and check it out yourself first.

Quote Originally Posted by Venturai View Post
    Pity that intelligence doesn't run in the family.

Seriously mate, a pg-13 movie and he's 5, and you didn't think to screen it first?

This is the second such thread I've seen like this. Where does it end? You're like the guy who buys a house next to the airport and then complains about the noise. It's a live-action movie, not a cartoon. Plus the whole Revenge motif, I don't know, doesn't the NAME of the movie drop a hint or two?

I've stated that he was fine with the movie, I didn't feel the need to "screen" the movie cause I read all about it, I knew about 90% of the jokes and everything.. like I said in my first post.. most of it went right over his head, that was fine, as it's intended.. for a 5 year old to watch, he wont get all that stuff, most kids his age and even older wont understand all that is going on in the movie.. that's not the point of my thread..

As far as the DVD is concerned, your request isn't actually all that unreasonable what with Transformers being based off a toy and an old cartoon. That said, wow, next time maybe exercise a little common sense and check it out yourself first.
    That was... and going by that comment, you agree with my post, that said, exercise a little commonsense and read the post before replying first.

I think we can agree that the story line of the first one.. was way better!!

Transformers 2 just got more action and that's it!!
    I liked the movie!! but many many things have changed!!

Please delete this thread Nelson!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

i think the writer of this thread needs to lighten up, I went to see ROTF for the second time tonight in IMAX again, Went with my older Brother and his 9 year old son, and the nine year old LOVED it, (my brother also loved it), the only think he was confused about was when the Twins call Leo a "Pussy", he asked me what they said and I said they called him a Woosy, very simple, children of all ages will LOVE this movie, and If you find the twins racist then you might be a racist yourself, last time I looked the twins were Green and orange, and they are robots

Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHA ur kidding right? make a pg version..no..just no.

I didn't take him to see it so I could avoid being a parent, I took it for his love of transformers.. and please don't lecture me on my parenting skills. My son being only 5 is pretty damn smart, he's been accepted to a college program, is learning 2nd grade math, learning chinese, some french... piano lessons, already started writing his own music, again.. I'm a stay at home dad that teaches him every single day of his life.. what were you and your parents doing at 5?
    I am so sick of these kind of posts. Stop your crying. Start your parenting. Kids have been seeing movies like these and worse for quite a long time. And guess what? They've turned out perfectly OK.

Now naturally, I think your story about how smart your son is, is complete crap. But if he really is that smart, he shouldn't have a problem dealing with the movie while you watch it with him. Those bad words? Not a big deal. They're words. They're only as bad as you make them out to be. And guess what? Soon enough, he's going to know all about those words and saying them himself and you probably won't even know he's saying it. People do that in the real world.

Being over protective and sheltering your child only accomplishes so much.

Dearest Michael Bay,

I don't know much about you, I honestly didn't know a single movie you directed before Transformers. I'm just not that type of movie fan. I go to the movies to get away from the real stress of real life, I'm sure there's others like me, not everyone out there knows all the directors, and all their movies.. some just like the fun and entertainment.

One of the main reasons I went to see TF:RotF was for my son. He's 5 years old and loves the first movie, everything right now is TF related.. bed sheets, toys, coloring books, stories he writes, drawings, EVERYTHING! We've seen the first movie probably close to 100 times, over and over again... granted, he's only 5, he has a short attention span as most his age, so he doesn't watch the movie from start to finish, he jumps around to most his favorite parts.. but he's seen it enough, to know most the lines in the move and now he's starting the memorise the smaller lines...

The other day he blurted out "Bro's before Hoes", lol.. while it was a little funny, we had to dumb down a 5 year old explanation on why it wasn't a good thing to say out loud.

Now, I was a little worried on taking him to see the new film, mainly cause of some of the things I've read and heard about the movie.. but we had the tickets bought and paid and I was hoping most of the stuff would go over his head... and like I thought they did.

We both loved it(in IMAX, DLP is next), he still can't stop talking about it and even today in "story time" while homeschooling him, his story he made up was about Transformers,

Like I said above, I don't know much about you, I don't know if you're married or have any kids, nephews or nieces or what not.. but this thread is basically a plea for an alternate edit of the movie when it hits DVD, for a PG rating so parents like myself, don't have to cringe when their kids watch it over and over 100+ times and worry if he's going to start calling his best friend a "p#$$y" or not...

I'm not asking for a complete edit and reshoot for DVD, and I hope people don't jump in here with all the internet rage thinking I want a different movie when it hits DVD, that's not the case, I want the one I saw in the theater on DVD, all I'm asking is for a kid friendly version too, which I'm sure would make even more money in the end not only cause parents like myself would buy more than one(adult and kid version) but we'd also tell others about it and people will be happy top buy it for their kids without worring about a huge robotic ballsack hanging in their faces(okay, that scene's not really that bad, kinda funny, even for kids, just using it for humor here)...

I don't know if you personally come here, but I hope someone close to you reads this, I hope that other parents in my shoes also see this, and will chime in what they think... I'm happy most of the stuff flew right over his head in the theater, but like I said, when it hits DVD, I'm a lil' scared that on the 37th viewing, he'll be quoting some of the not so "kid firendly" lines from the movie.
    Ok first of all Transformers ROTF is not meant for kids! Second of all, if you want to cut out all the stuff suited for a 5 year old....the movie would pretty much be pointless! And third of all editing the movie and cutting out parts and seeling them seperatly in different DVD cases than the orginal movie would cost more money. I really don't think they should narrow it down to a PG movie! Get my point?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Wow what a discussion. Truth is even though the toys are aimed at kids this movie is not, but neither was the first one. I have a 6 year old and he has seen only clips of the first one. Some parents are ok with letting their kids see what ever they see and some are not. I watch all kinds of movies that my six year old can not watch. This is a Michael Bay film all he does is over the top action and violence and you should know this going in.

this is so dumb lol seriously if you want a pg watered down version wait for it to come on tv. then u'll have your curse free version you can be happy about. second the toys barely have anything to do with the movie, they market the name of the movie so people would buy them you yourself have posted a picture of a toy that isnt even in the movie but it bares its name. besides spielberg already learned his lession about making a movie "kid friendly" or do we not all remember the et movie that was recut and edited EPIC FAIL. nuff said.
    Last edited by xxjoejoe18xx; 06-26-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    (Maximals shooting at the autobot ship)
    Rattrap: Aw, man! That ship wasn't built, it was poured!
    Optimus Primal: Die-cast construction... it's a lost art.

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoejoe18xx View Post
    this is so dumb lol seriously if you want a pg watered down version wait for it to come on tv. then u'll have your curse free version you can be happy about.

Damn joejoe, I couldn't have put it better.

Cheers.
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

are you a pussy?

get over it, its a movie first of all, it has to create humour to the audience that are indeed intelligent and mature to understand.

and second of all, your son is going to be bought up into a world much bigger then this little issue when you hear "bro before hoes".

you going to shelter your son even when hes 18?

its called life, full of money, sex and girls. so man up and make your son to become a man, not some coward who is scaried of saying "bro before hoes" for the rest of his life,

its just a word, and the movie was excellent overall.

and btw: it was rated M, why would you take your 5 year old son if you knew there was going to have mature context in the movie?