Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Movie Was Not Kid Friendly

Default Re: This Movie Was Not Kid Friendly

This one definitely had too many sexual references for kids. I saw parents covering their kids ears because of all the cursing and covering their eyes for the Simmons scene and the Wheelie scene among others. Way too graphic for kids.

I saw the movie the night it came out, and I am going to see it again with my little brother today. I thought it was perfectly kid friendly.

There were a lot of kids at my showing. Everytime another one walked in with their parents, all I could think of was "oh, they are in for a surprise."
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Banned

i have to slightly agree.there was a lot of adult jokes and stuff..i loved it, but yes, there were quite a few parts not kid appropriate

I agree also..Thats part of the reason why I went to the midnight show. Mainly because I've been waiting 2 yrs to see it but also to see what parts I should look out for.

The 1st one had a couple of words; Like Bernie Mac(RIP) calling his "mammy" a b****, or Jazz saying "What's crackin lil b*****"...

I've seen the 1st one so many times, I know exactly where to mute it:lol

I knew, being a PG-13, that they would let some stuff slip, but even I was like GEEZUS CRISTO, did wheelie just say that?!?

Basically, if you have kids and you care about what they see/don't see, and you don't curse all that much or not at all, then its offensive. If you have a mouth like a mobster and/or rapper then of course you wont have a problem with it.

Honestly this is one of THE best films I've seen..ever...Top 3 for sure, but it could've done without alot of the language, sexual stuff. Yeah Bay knows his audience(TF fanboys like myself), but not all of us are single and kid-less...

Banned

and skids and mudflap were pretty rude sometimes..although i loved it when they called leo a pussy

The age old debate of whether a film is suitiable for kids. In the UK ROTF is a 12a which is basically borderline 15. Even the original animated movie uncut was a PG because spike said "Ah shit, what are we gonna do now" Dont blame Bay its his film based in modern times.

Kids tv is so watered down these days i cant even watch Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes as their all censored. They wouldnt show G1 on TV because of 'severed limbs' and death. I bet if people showed their kids Pokemon or anything from Japan in its original glory they would ban their kids. Pokemon is full of swearing, some nudity blood etc. In G1 had at least one episode with blood in it.

Its like saying Vicky Pollard is racist for taking the mick out of chavs life style.

Quote Originally Posted by Inflataman View Post
    Yea I thought the first one was good enough for all audiences but this one... not so much. I guess the franchise is catering to the college age people and it is no longer for kids they just lost a pretty big part of their audience when Transformers 3 comes out.
    don't be silly, this movie is perhaps the best one for kids to go out and see.

I could have done without Simmon's ass.

Can someone please give me permission to cuss these effing people that are complaining the movie not being rated "G"---(watchmen was rated R and pple still complained about the movie not being kid friendly--it was F%^&*kin rated "R"------)and how the sex humor was too much etc etc---hated devastator balls but yet laugh when the guy was drawing dicks in "superbad" --think of it--their protoforms would not have form balls--that was the most logical place to put it when transforming--lol--the robots learn from us--so i guess we have to clean up our act if we want TF3 to be about meg and optimus dancing ballet---and the so called racist twins being non racist---( how many stereotypical movie came out this yr and no one said shit)its PG effin 13--shit--I'll see this movie on Saturday--then i'll take my 6 YEAR old nephew and 3yr old niece 4th july weeknd---I dare them to cuss after seeing it?

make a decision--you either watch it and love it--or watch it and hate it--but damn shut the F up when ur done watching it---u think they gonna do a PG or G version just for your kids or for your own taste---Michael we need the director's/unrated cut on bluray

thanks
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Quote Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
    Agreed. I blocked my own eyes for that. Do not want.
    Freedom of speech is great and all, but say it polite or don't say it at all.
    Please call me Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
    Are you going to deny women and gay men a little on screen pleasure?

Quote Originally Posted by KJFJustice View Post
    Nah. Saw it with my 10 year old. There were a lot of other older and younger kids. I wasn't too upset by the sexual, teenage issues, most kids don't quite understand that stuff yet. What I didn't like was the swearing. First movie had 1 or 2 swear words max. This movie had about a dozen. Kids repeat what they hear and this movie could have been just as good without the swear words. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.
    KJFJustice
    I agree the kids will repeat things...but "punk ass decpticon" was a necessary line the twins should of calmed down they swore every 10 minutes lol
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post

I'm a woman. And I repeat. Do. Not. Want.
    And it was hairy.
    lol
    Freedom of speech is great and all, but say it polite or don't say it at all.
    Please call me Ditto.

The whole audience at my midnight showing was rolling in the aisles. At everything. The twins, the brownie, BB, the sex jokes, fart joke and even when SS was carrying his own arm. There was a ton of kids there laughing too. Guess what people, it's 2009, teachers are sleeping with young kids and it's probably not the teachers doing. Unless your child is home schooled, this shit is old news. It's just something else to bitch about like the "happy time" part in the first film. It doesn't bother the kids, young or old, so maybe the people having a fit should....well....grow up
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Simmons is not on screen pleasure for anyone. I realize you are kidding but I had to comment. that was one ugly shot, lol!

I have no broblem with the cusing and the sexual scenes but for a kid that was under 13 there were scenes that really didn't need to see but that is why it was rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action violence,language, some crude and sexual material, and brief drug use. Bay told us that it was going to be darker with more violence. the sexual scenes were great Lucas' ass looked amazing in those terqoise cheekies. WOW!!!!! maybe parents need to read these before they take their five year old to a certain movie. that is their responsibility and it is their choice to take them.

There were ton of kids in the theater when i went and they were laughing their asses off with the twins. they were perfect for the film. Bay showed off some personality with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Gould View Post
    Yea I remember with all the sex jokes, and the humping thing was silly.
    Silly and stupid.

I don't know who that was for, but it wasn't for the women. If it was, he would have shaved his butt first.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

does anyone remember the controversy surrounding the tf animated movie when spike said sh*t? funny how some things never change

Banned

Yea I thought the first one was good enough for all audiences but this one... not so much. I guess the franchise is catering to the college age people and it is no longer for kids they just lost a pretty big part of their audience when Transformers 3 comes out.
    um... not really. So people will bitch and moan now, just like they did for the first movie. But unless its a Pixar movie, what movie is truely kid friendly anymore?

That's perfectly OK with me considering when Transformers was created was 25 years ago. Those kids back then are adults now. It's nice to see a product grow with the person.

Here's to 25 years Hasbro. Happy Birthday to us.

Because Bay wanted to answer the call of the fanboys which asked for more robot action

The G1 fanboys demographic is late 20s to late 30s.

And thus the level of violence and humor reaches out or is suitable to that demographic
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Quote Originally Posted by powerbomb1411 View Post
    That's perfectly OK with me considering when Transformers was created was 25 years ago. Those kids back then are adults now. It's nice to see a product grow with the person.

Here's to 25 years Hasbro. Happy Birthday to us.
    (Austin Powers Voice):

Yea Baby
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...