Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 1 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Default Re: The Official TF RoTF discussion thread **Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    It doesn't need any explanation, it's part of what happens in the original series, not with Constructicons but with the Insecticons. Did you watch the G1 animated series episodes? If you remember, or if you search for it, there was an episode in which the Insecticons manage to clone/duplicate themselves and there is an horde of them, in that episode they practically rebel to Megatron orders due to their power and the copies end up getting killed by some sort of giant plant that Autobots used...

So I don't see any problem with having multiple Constructicons like they were clones in the Transformers2 movie. The original idea of clones was in the G1 series, the writers just applied the concept to the movie with other Decepticon characters to make them more menacing, even because the Devastator 3D model and animation it's practically the most expensive CGI element in the movie and they had to put in something else to not let Decepticon forces appear too weak since obviously having too much screentime for Devastator wasn't possible due to budget constraint.
    I understand many wanted more of Devastator in the movie, actually I would have liked to see Superion fighting Devastator in a town like Paris.. but unfortunately in order to do that at the high quality ultra realistic resolution ILM works with the movie budget I bet should have been increased by no less than 50%... There just wasn't enough budget to create those massive scenes. Otherwise they should have included a single battle featuring the two giants and the movie was over.. but it's not Cloverfield nor Godzilla Vs Mothra, you can't have just a single monster nor just a fight between a couple and end the movie there.
    I don't think that is it. Those who didn't see that ONE particular episode were supposed to assume that? In neither film did that concept come up to where anyone would have surmised that conclusion without some sort of explanation within the film.

Default Re: The Official TF RoTF discussion thread **Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Just saw it for the second time. Was still awsome! OP death was still a shocker even knowing it was comeing. No one said a word when it happened...then a kid started to cry.

So I just came back from watching the movie here in Berlin.

Obviously this movie is everything a dude like me could wish for:
    - mind blowing special effects
    - hottest girls you'll ever see on screen (that kept me biting my hand throughout the entire movie)
    - explosions that can only described with the word "Awesome!"
    - and it's funny as hell! :lol

As much as I enjoyed every second of this picture, I find myself not being as satisfied as I felt after I left the theaters when I watched the first one.

I'm still trying to figure out if its because the movie lacked something, or just because I didn't want it to end.

I'll just have to watch it again to find out

x.

It's a good film but I think one of the problems is, and someone said this before, you don't really care about any robots. The only one I cared about was Optimus.
    The bit at the end where Ironhide was running away from the explosion was cool and I was concerned that he might die but then I remembered he hadn't really done anything all film so I wasn't that bothered.
    Realism & Anti-Realism sucks.

This movie is great to the smallest of details. Very few productions can achieve that.
    I want to congatulate not just, mr. Bay, but also the crew, and all the people involved.
    Since I was a kid I adored Transformers and perhaps this influenced a little my opinion, but the obvious you can`t deny. And what is obvious here is that the hard work and the fresh ideas, concentreted in the hands of a director like Michael Bay and seen through his eyes can turn into a spectacular action. I enjoyed the camera work, the music, the special effects the dialogues and the sense of a deep, meaningful relationships between the characters. There are also many details, wich the viewers do not consciously notice, but are very important for the overall perception of the film.
    Again, an amazin movie/the theaters are full/, I hope to see the next Transformers soon !
    And just a little suggestion, introduce the personalities of the seconady robots a bit longer...

regards form Bulgaria !

Quote Originally Posted by InvestiGator169 View Post
    I know that folks have been posting what they perceive the explanation was with the duplicate Constructicons, however, has anyone figured the real deal out yet? That is my only hangup with the film and would feel much better and accepting if that was clear for me. If there isn't a plausible explanation, it seems that MB took advantage of the fact that there was so much going on at one time that those who really paid attention wouldn't notice.

I went and saw it again, Much better the second time .

If you look at mix master and the concrete truck that was Dev's head they had a different paint job. The one on Dev had a HUGE logo, while mix had stripes and a much smaller logo.

Like I said, you have to think of Devastator as a single big ass bot that transforms into several construction vehicles. Not Longhaul, Rampage, Mixmaster, etc combinging to become Devastator. In this movie they are separate characters. Simple.

Never in my life have I gone to a movie that received a standing ovation as the credits rolled. The cheers were so loud I couldn't even hear myself think. Too many people are trying to compare this film and the last one with the original cartoons, comics, etc. They aren't the same. This is a new take on the Transformers universe. Obviously Hasbro has Bay's back on these films and that's fine by me. The movie kicked ass in my opinion. I felt like a kid again!
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by snipperoth View Post
    Make sure you listen next time cuz you can hear it when all the little balls are transforming.
    You are Right. Saw the movie a second time. I was wrong. I stand corrected. I like the movie a little more now. The twins were not as bad as I thought.

(QUOTE) "- Optimus sudden super-powers.
    In the first film he got his ass kicked by a lone Megatron. In this movie he takes on Starscream, Grindor/Blackout AND Megatron on his own and almost gets them all.
    Why didn't he do that in the first movie?" (QUOTE)

I feel that in the first film he was holding back when fighting megatron, due to the fact that there were humans and other lives at stake.
    Where as in the forest fight he just went balls to the walls and opened up a can of whoop ass, with sam being the only human around.
    OPTIMUS PRIME IS GANGTA!

Euless, Texas, United States, 108339615853282, Euless, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by snipperoth View Post
    No he said Freakin house of horrors oh and eike jolt's name was mentioned and gm was forcing bay to use it in the movie while they were already shooting.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I am still going to see it again to verify. It might take two or three more times for me to be sure

Action Packed and TONS of fun. N'uff said.

Copying what I wrote at DM.net because it says it all, with some minor changes.

"Just came back from watching the movie and I can't THANK YOU enough, Michael Bay, for making Transformers a reality! Man, this movie rocked my world!! I loved it more than the first one, absolutely hilarious and the action was superb! I'm fully aware of the flaws and plotholes but I choose not to focus on that but instead on how much FUN it was! Will watch it again tomorrow and probably a bunch more times.

And Prime is my hero! The forest-scene was the best thing I've seen, god damn movie was one of the best action movies of all times! It was just so much FUN!!

I definitely recommend watching it if you loved the first one - you get more of everything and ESPECIALLY more robots!

Well...looks like I'll be sleeping like a baby tonight.

I also have to add that for the first time ever when going to the cinema, people were clapping during and after the movie. Absolutely insane!!! It will have very good WOM and the critics seem awfully disconnected from the regular moviegoer regarding this movie. Bay-haters...definitely a conspiracy against him IMO.

Ah well, you have the support of the regular moviegoer Michael.
    To be or not to be...that's the shit! :wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd818 View Post
    Like I said, you have to think of Devastator as a single big ass bot that transforms into several construction vehicles. Not Longhaul, Rampage, Mixmaster, etc combinging to become Devastator. In this movie they are separate characters. Simple.

Never in my life have I gone to a movie that received a standing ovation as the credits rolled. The cheers were so loud I couldn't even hear myself think. Too many people are trying to compare this film and the last one with the original cartoons, comics, etc. They aren't the same. This is a new take on the Transformers universe. Obviously Hasbro has Bay's back on these films and that's fine by me. The movie kicked ass in my opinion. I felt like a kid again!
    agreed the crowd gave it a standing ovation at my theatre too.

The forest fight is quite possibly one of the greatest action scenes I have ever scene. Optimus Prime jumped my bad-ass list to number 2. I never thought I'd say this, but Bumblebee ripping Ravage apart = number 1. That was just pure awesome. I LOVED his nod of approval afterwards. Bumblebee is awesome.

The Twins were funny as hell. I can't be the only one that loved them. :wtf

I can't really say much because I just got home and I'm still in on a high. Wonderful, just wonderful. Funny and full of actions. I would have liked to see more Ratchet and the girls, but you can't get what you want sometimes. I think I'm going to go lie down. My head is a little swimmy.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

I thought I saw a transformer turn into a gun, was that Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    I thought I saw a transformer turn into a gun, was that Megatron
    If you saw it during the final battle, that would be Mixmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by xSoundwave View Post
    The forest fight is quite possibly one of the greatest action scenes I have ever scene. Optimus Prime jumped my bad-ass list to number 2. I never thought I'd say this, but Bumblebee ripping Ravage apart = number 1. That was just pure awesome. I LOVED his nod of approval afterwards. Bumblebee is awesome.

The Twins were funny as hell. I can't be the only one that loved them. :wtf
    They were ok at times, what did you guys think about soundwaves short, but still cool part?
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Punk ass decepticons

Banned

OkayÖ so I have seen the movie twice now and will see I a third time on the 29th just to make sure I didnít miss anything. I am having a hard time with this film for many reasons.
    First off let me give the reasons why I liked it.
    1. Optimus Prime kicked ass!! I was glad to see him put in a situation where he could just open up and be the bad ass he was meant to be.

2. Again with OptimusÖ I loved how his personality was fleshed out even more.

3. Again with OptimusÖ His transformations were very nice in this movie, as they were in the first movie.

4. I donít know about others but I did like the Arcee Sisters look in this movie.

5. Joltís look was sweet as well as Sideswipe too.

6. Starscream was very nicely fleshed out and he was portrayed as I thought he should be. Sneaky and opportunistic. Loved that he got to shine in this movie.

7. I for one loved Wheelie and everything about him (even his language and the humping of the leg) FUNNY TO ME!!!! Loved the whole line about him switching sides too.

8. Even though Jolt was not used very much in the movie and he was kind of forced on Bay by GM to be used in the movie, his ability to merge the parts of the dead body of Jetfire to Prime was bad ass. This to me came off as sort of a tech/mechanic thing and he seemed to be the answer for a Wheeljack type of character.

9. Devastator was awesome.

10. The Constructicon that gave his life for parts for Megatron was an excavator type with the pincher claw attachment on it rather then the bucket. His treads became Megatronís legs and I believe his pincher claw attachment becomes what is Megatronís claw cannon.

11. The forest battle was the best fight in the movie.

12. I loved the idea of the pretender bot and feel this idea needs to be expanded on in the third movie. (I have a great idea for this)

Banned

Now for the things I didn’t like or care for.

1. Megatron. Let me expand on why.

2. Why I sort of thought his tank mode was cool… it didn’t jump out at me like his jet mode from the first movie. (His tank/jet mode in this movie was stupid looking and they should have just gone with the jet mode from the first movie.)

3. His tank mode for some reason didn’t feel or look as realistic as his jet mode from the first movie.

4. Megatron at times to me felt… not as evil as he was in the first movie. He didn’t jump out at me this time around.

5. Again, his voice didn’t seem as dark in this movie as in the first.

6. At times Megatron’s CGI seemed to not blend well with his surroundings. He just looked fake at times. And some times he looked to shiny.

7. Still on Megs… sorry guys… I know Megs and The Fallen had the Vader/Emperor thing going on but in the movie Starscream remarks to Megs how he stepped up to lead because of Megs being dead and Megs basically told him even in death there is no other leader but then turns and bows to The Fallen lol What the fuck is that?

8. One of my biggest gripes is the whole Arcee thing. The writers felt they could not add her in the first movie because she was too small as the bike and would not fit well with the other bigger bots and didn’t know how to go about discussing female gender in the movie. Okay great!!! So they avoid the female gender thing in the second movie (and this is okay by me as most don’t really care anyway) but they planned on having her teamed up with two other female bots and the three would at some point merge to become a larger bot and this way they would not have to address the small bot thing. Well they cut this and left her as well as her sisters (small anyway). So my point is why didn’t they just go with her first small bot design and use the extra movie to flesh out other bots more, rather then waist it on not one small unused bot but three? They totally failed on the Arcee thing.

9. Another thing I thought sucked was once again was the name of the movie something like Revenge of The Fallen? So who got revenge? Megatron? Nope!!! The Fallen? Nope!!! What gives? The Decepticons got shafted once again.

10. No Autobots were killed. Yes Prime went down and this was very dramatic but he was not truly killed off. Some can say two of the Arcee bots died (Pink and Blue) Purple sister hid behind a wall as the other two fell. But there was no real felling that they did die. They both took blasts and were shown to go down but once again nothing to really prove they died.

11. Sideswipe was not used nearly enough.

12. Decepticon Sideswipe was disappointing. I at least had hopped he would have put up a fight. To me his little attempt to run was just a waist of time and money that could have been fleshed out better. Why couldn’t something happen like him making it to a freeway and having the Arcee sisters and Sideswipe give chase? There could have been a really cool freeway battle/transforming chase shot done. And like in the book where Sideways at least put up a fight… he could then be beheaded by Sideswipe just after giving a beating to the Sisters himself.

13. What’s up with the Grindor/Blackout thing? Is It Grindor or Blackout? If it’s a new con named Grindor, why couldn’t they have just colored him different to avoid the mix up with the fans? If it’s Blackout then why couldn’t they have shown something as to how he was revived?

14. Why the Bonecrusher look alike vehicle at the end of the movie in the last battle? This was or at least looked to be a Con but with all the Decepticons being Constructicon types and or Protoforms why throw in one lone military Decepticon who just took up space and didn’t do anything but drive around? He didn’t even transform. You can’t say this was a human military vehicle because in reality there would be no reason for any military unit to bring a Buffalo Mine sweeper into a battle zone like this as it has no weapon systems. Was this Bonecrusher? And if so how did he come back?

15. Why again I liked Devastator… I thought by them having so many Constructicons running around, this took away from Devastator being unique as they all were portrayed as just drones. There were two Longhaul types… a stand alone and the one that became a leg. (both green) Two Rampage types but this wasn’t that bad as one was red and the other who became a leg was yellow. This confused me… was there two or three Mixmaster types? One was killed by Jetfire and another became the head but there was also a Mixmaster type Con in New York on the bridge. Was this one in New York one who somehow made it to Egypt?

16. I would have liked to see Scavenger (Excavator) Hightower (truss Crane) and Overload (red articulated dump truck) in bot mode at some point.

17. Like in the first movie… military jets were scrambled to take part in the battle and were never seen. In the first movie when it was said F-22 were being sent to Mission City, they also showed F-16s scrambling but we never saw then in the last battle. In this movie we see F-18s being scrambled from the second Aircraft Carrier but never see them in the last battle. We see more F-22s that were a waist in this movie as they flew in for a second and were blasted at the pyramid. I was hopping for another Starscream moment like when he took on the F-22s in the first movie. Not so much did anything like that happen this time around. No jet battle, no Transformers fighting in mid air. (FAILE!!!!)

18. We were never shown any of the loan Constructicons do a full transformation from vehicle to bot mode.

19. They never showed a transformation for Jolt. One minute he was on the runway with the others in car mode and the next he as well as the others were in bot mode.

20. Ironhide and Ratchet did a whole lot of nothing.

21. I could have dealt without the twins and would have liked to see them use the money and time to do the real twins Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.

22. No bot mode for Soundwave. ( I thought his roll in the movie could have been used better as well)

23. It still felt like the bot on bot fights were a bit to fast. While the forest battle was the best battle in this movie, it still felt to fast at times. The same with the Bumblebee/Rampage battle.

24. Why didn’t Starscream have any air support? What happened to Skywarp or Thundercracker?

25. The Fallen did not live up to his hype for the movie.

26. Megatron was knocked down in this one as well. He was to tame. He didn’t seem to be as bad ass in this film as he was in the first. I thought out of all the Decepticons in this one (which as far as named Cons… there was not many) Starscream was a much better leader then Megatron. In the last battle it was Starscream giving orders for the air to others, not Megatron.

27. I also felt The Fallen’s voice didn’t fit as well. It was just plain and didn’t jump out at me. I had in mind this very low dark laud growling type voice.

28. I could go on with things I thought were not up to par in this movie but I stop here for now.
    Last edited by Shadow; 06-24-2009 at 11:26 PM.

It seems like every couple of years, I make the same statement on this board, and this moment is no exception:

Holy Fucking Shit!

This movie was fucking awesome! Funny, EPIC, dramatic, and most importantly, entertaining as fuck!

I'm in a sort of daze at the moment; I'm sure over the next days and weeks, much, much more discussion will be had, but at this point, all I can say is:

Holy Fucking Shit!

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    It seems like every couple of years, I make the same statement on this board, and this moment is no exception:

Holy Fucking Shit!

This movie was fucking awesome! Funny, EPIC, dramatic, and most importantly, entertaining as fuck!

I'm in a sort of daze at the moment; I'm sure over the next days and weeks, much, much more discussion will be had, but at this point, all I can say is:

Holy Fucking Shit!

Ed Fuego

I think it's called a nerd high. I'm coming down from mine very slowly right now.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Just to make one comment about some of the discussion I've read in the last couple pages. Perhaps this will explain the multiple Long Hauls, etc. in the movie.

When a protoform scans a vehicle, the original vehicle isn't destroyed, it's still there. So it's possible that as the many, many, decepticon protoforms arrived, they scanned the same vehicles. If you look at the environment they were in, aside from the construction vehicles, there really wasn't much else that a protoform could scan.

Some went off to fight by themselves. Some went to form Devestator, who's role (as I see it) was to destroy the pyramid surrounding the machine.

That's how I can justify the multiple identical vehicles.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    Just to make one comment about some of the discussion I've read in the last couple pages. Perhaps this will explain the multiple Long Hauls, etc. in the movie.

When a protoform scans a vehicle, the original vehicle isn't destroyed, it's still there. So it's possible that as the many, many, decepticon protoforms arrived, they scanned the same vehicles. If you look at the environment they were in, aside from the construction vehicles, there really wasn't much else that a protoform could scan.

Some went off to fight by themselves. Some went to form Devestator, who's role (as I see it) was to destroy the pyramid surrounding the machine.

That's how I can justify the multiple identical vehicles.

Ed Fuego
    I dont think so... most of the constructicons were already there as they were in the film before the battle. And mos if not all the protos that came down for the last battle stayed in proto form. And what of the Mixmaster in New York on the bridge? Plus remember there was the ptotos who hit the carrier. do you think they made it to the last battle? The only proto form bot in he movie that looked different in the face as the one who captured Sam's parents. He looked like Blackout in the face but was in proto form.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I dont think so... most of the constructicons were already there as they were in the film before the battle. And mos if not all the protos that came down for the last battle stayed in proto form. And what of the Mixmaster in New York on the bridge? Plus remember there was the ptotos who hit the carrier. do you think they made it to the last battle? The only proto form bot in he movie that looked different in the face as the one who captured Sam's parents. He looked like Blackout in the face but was in proto form.
    Hmm.... I agree that many of the dec were in proto form in the final battle, but that doesn't mean all of them were.

As for the carrier protos, I don't know, maybe they did make it the final battle. Maybe not.

I'm not saying it's a perfect hypothesis, but we saw what looked like 10 or so protos arrive in the desert, and it's possible that some of them turned into construction vehicles, thereby explaining how it's possible that there were multiple constructicons in various places.

Ed Fuego
    - thegreat