Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 1 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Default Re: The Official TF RoTF discussion thread **Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Quote Originally Posted by powerbomb1411 View Post
    Yes, they can. Skids and Mudflap did at the beginning. They started as a pink ice cream truck then went to green and red.
    They scanned new cars. They didn't change the color of the ice cream truck
    I LOVE NELSON!!

Default Re: The Official TF RoTF discussion thread **Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

And a little bit of a Easter egg. Did anyone catch the bad boys 2 poster in the dorm room?
    I LOVE NELSON!!

^^^I saw that. Easily part of the background in the beginning.

The ILM and Digital Domain artists really stepped up.

How about the Alice machine? I was expecting that and it reminded me of the alien from Species with her appearance.

Props to the cinematographer for capturing beautiful shots and kinetic action scenes on film.

Saw it for the third time this morning still completely blown away. Sitting there at 11am on an otherwise boring Wednesday morning in a packed cinema (a rarity in the UK at the best of times) with people of all ages all enjoying the movie together. Laughing at the jokes in unison, taking a collective gasp when Prime is killed, then cheering when he's resurected absolutely reinforced my believe that this movie is GREAT!

Are their flaws? Absolutely! But noway does this flick deserve the flack it's been getting. Anyone in that cinema with me these past few days who says they didn't like it is a liar.

This film is epic, and a complete rollercoaster ride. Exactly what made me a Bay fan from the start . I'm not gonna get into any massive debates about details or a few fanboy things that bothered me...doesn't matter.

Now I need to get myself to an IMAX pronto!

Well done Michael, and team have a good vacation, and I look forward to your next project with glee.

Somehow i forgot how Optimus got into the forest in that fight scene.
    I can remember that Sam was driving with Optimus, but what happened then?

As I said before, the movie was amazing. But to all you critics, just wait for the third, I believe this one really set up a third movie perfectly.

Disappointed with the first movie, I had low expectations for ROTF. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. A few things that kept me entertained:

-Bots were differentiated from one another…for the most part. The battle scene in Egypt was hard to follow, especially with all the sand being blown around.

-Sam had bandages around one hand while hiding from the Decepticons in Egypt, then the bandages mysteriously disappears when he rips the head off an insecticon, then the bandaged are back in the next shot.

-Arcee and her sisters projected smoking hot holograms

-Cloverfield poster cleverly positioned

-Megan’s make up is flawless despite the threat of global annihilation

-After the credits, Quintessons are seen heading toward Cybertron

-Kidding about the last one

-Shia is obsessed with yelling “Bumblebee!”

Nothing to add that hasn't been said already. Was a fun evening. The audience was really into the movie. Applauding, laughing, etc. Loved it. Going back again ASAP.

Euless, Texas, United States, 108339615853282, Euless, Texas

The movie was outstanding. I had horrible seats and still loved it. I was worried about the twins when i first heard about them, but they stole several scenes, just great characters. I loved the personalities of the bots in this one, from jetfire to wheelie. And one quick question it was kinda noisey where i was sitting. did wheelie say fuckin house of horrors. in the garge scene.

Unhappy Re: The Official TF RoTF discussion thread **Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Simply, 8/10. (SPOILERS)

It was very funny and entertaining, however, it was disappointing.

Firstly, in my opinion there were just too many robots! I liked the first one a lot because it was a small group of robots fighting each other, though respectively a sequel would need double the amount of robots. I think it was the fight scenes which I despised, most of them were very anti-climatic, and after a while the slow-mo got annoying.

And that brings us to - - - - Second, there was just too much slow-motion! It was fine at some parts, but after a while it got very annoying.

A lot of it was cor
    ny. (rollover to see SPOILERS unless you're using the black interface, in which case just skip this part) When Sam "dies" was corny, the romance was very corny, and the Matrix bringing Optimus back to life was extremely corny!

The acting was subpar, especially from Megan. I think she just got too comfortable, that and the lines they gave her. What made her acting fine in the first movie, I believe, was that she was trying so hard. Now she's a big star, and it seems as if she didn't put too much into this role. Plus, when did Mikaela become so slutty?

Some of the human characters were unnessesary. I don't want to go into too much detail on this one, but for those who have seen the movie, you get what I'm saying?

Overall, I would have written it much differently, but at the same time I give it an 8/10. However, as a sequel specifically, I give it a 4/10....... it just wasn't what you'd expect.

I believe it's time for Orci and Kurtzman to take a break, and give another group of writers the opportunity to write the third installment, or better yet just leave it at 2 films.
    Last edited by ALLHAILMEGATRON; 06-24-2009 at 04:58 PM.

REVIEW

It felt like riding in a washing machine for a few hours. A wild and direct assault on the human senses. However, there are flaws.

Cons:

-Convoluted plot that jumps across the map
    -The Twins humor is hit and miss (Mostly miss)
    -overwhelming and bloated at times have you trying to recover
    -other humor is hit or just there (I didn't laugh or shake my head a lot)

Pros:
    -the cinematography of the action scenes is excellent yet kinetic. Easy to tell what happens and gives you the feeling that you are in the battle (Forest, Shanghai, Egypt)
    -epic music score from Steve Jablonsky
    -superb voice acting on Peter Cullen, Tony Todd, and Hugo Weaving along with the rest
    -Shia and Megan have a nice chemistry while John Turturro returns as an ally instead of a silly adversary
    -Duhamel and Gibson make dependable soldiers
    -the computer FX blend in well with the on location environments
    -pyrotechnics, stunts, and computer FX are excellent

3.8 out of 5.0

I like the first one slightly more but this one upends it in the machine vs. machine action. I could have done without the Twins but Sideswipe, The Fallen, Devastator, JetFire and other additions were welcome. (Not enough Sideswipe though)

Nice to see StarScream and Megatron bicker at each other.

Saw transformers 2 today and loved it and liked the twins too.Thank you Mr Bay and crew you guys made a kicka$$ movie. look forward to transformers 3 hopefully.

Well, you said review so I'm guessing we can make these actually longer than what most people are doing with just one sentence, plus in the "rate the movie" forum they asked for some depth what and why we thought about certain aspects.

Story (8/10) -
    I liked the story; I remember the mood of the theater during the forest scene and as soon as Optimus got killed, you could tell people were shocked. Definitely liked the Matrix of Leadership being brought into play like it was in the cartoon, although in a different way.

Setting (10/10) -
    Some of the most beautiful filming I have ever seen. Shots that were once unheard of were shot during this movie, nearly the whole Egyptian setting was amazing. I actually verbally worded to my friend that "you don't see shots in movies like this, that's amazing." Some of the shots involving the military were incredible as well, I can't even imagine how much it would have cost if there wasn't military support for this movie.

Characters:
    Sam (9/10) -
    I think Shia did an even better job of acting during this film. His relationship with Megan Fox in the movie is great, yet not over-done to the point where we forget it's all about the robots. The scene where was Sam was dead and Mikaela was yelling at him was great, you actually got a the feeling of empathy for the situation. Sam's relationship with Bumblebee and vice versa is incredible. When Sam is talking to Bumblebee during the campfire scene you actually get a feel for how much they mean to each other. Seeing Sam get killed and then Bumblebee rushing over to them and Bumblebee falling to his knees, definitely gave me that feeling of sadness where in The Patriot, Mel Gibson's son is killed in front of him. I don't think a lot of people realize how hard it is to act like you are going crazy such as while he was in school. The eye twitching, the studdering, and the rapid speech aren't easy things but I think Shia pulled it off great.

Mikaela (9/10) -
    I think Megan Fox's character Mikaela was implemented into the movie very well. I was a little concerned how she would be used in the movie with her new "hottest girl in the universe" title. But she wasn't over-done and I was really happy about that. The Sam and Mikaela relationship gives a witty/loving feel to parts of the movie where it was definitely needed, i.e. little quips throughout the movie about loyalty, the campfire scene, and the "I love you" scene. For what she was asked to do, I think she did a great job at it.

Sam's Parents (10/10) -
    Definitely funny. I think some of the funniest moments in the film are due to this couple. The scene where Sam's father is proclaiming that they are all going together was really well acted by Kevin Dunn.

Misc Human Characters (8/10) -
    John Turturro was good, just like usual. Ramon Rodriquez's character Leo made for some good laughs, I don't think he was essential to the story in any way but he was a fun addition for the small part he played. The military characters did their part well, nothing special from my point of view. Isabel Lucas's character Alice is a smokin' hottie, and that's all I think she is really there for, just some added drama and it ended up involving some action. Who would have thought?

Optimus (9/10) -
    I give him a 9 simply because he wasn't actually there for half of the movie, but when he was there he didn't disappoint at all. The forest fight scene...I don't really even know what to say about that. Epic. That's about the only word I can think of. When Optimus said "I'll take you all on!", I actually got a weird feeling in me that I have never gotten from a movie before, I felt like standing up and yelling out-loud for Optimus to beat their asses like it was live or something and he needed some people to root him on (even though we know most every person was already rooting for him simply because he is Optimus Prime) like it was a sporting event and he was the underdog athlete that everyone wanted to win. After he died and was brought back to the military base, I actually laughed when they just dropped him. It's not like he was being dropped out of a plane, it was a helicopter, they are used for dropping things off carefully. If I was an autobot and I saw that I would be pissed they just dropped my dead leader from 100 ft onto an airstrip. Oh well, no big deal with that, just thought it was funny when it definitely shouldn't have been. The combo with Jetfire was cool, a nice shout-out to the cartoon except this round Jetfire killed himself to combine where in the cartoon that wasn't the fact. I was hoping the fight with the Fallen would have lasted a little longer, could have been an amazing fight. Plus I would have liked to have seen another 1 on 1 with Megatron and the newly reborn Optimus. During the fight with the Fallen and Megatron where Optimus was whooping Megatron's ass, I was happy to see his butt kicked. But I would have liked to have seen Optimus just pound him into the ground. No one else involved, just Optimus beating the crap out of him. I was hoping to see the scene from the 1986 animated movie where Megatron is begging for mercy and Optimus says, "I thought you were made of sterner stuff!" while continuing to beat him to a pulp. The Optimus dialogue was kinda off and on I think. Some of the dialogue sounded like good ol' Optimus Prime, but then at some points his one-liners would just sound kind of funny. I also wish there could have been more common dialogue from Optimus than just the beginning and end of the movie, such as actual conversation with the other autobots and not just one-liners. Other than that, you can't get enough of Optimus Prime.

Bumblebee (9/10) -
    Bumblee is great, always has been. His interactions with Sam are really good, it gives you the real feeling of friendship and compasion between the two of them. I was starting to worry if Bumblebee wasn't going to get his fair share of butt-kicking in as the movie drew closer towards the end, but I was glad to see he got it in fighting some random decepticon that I still don't know the name of (I'll discuss that later). The fight scene he has was in was very well done but some of the moves and such were too much of a blur to actually comprehend and appreciate, the slow motion helped it out some.

Ironhide, Sideswipe, Jetfire, Arcee, Ratchet (6/10) -
    I gave this the rating I did because I think there was so much more potential for the characters in this movie. I really REALLY liked the character Sideswipe and I wanted to see him with some 1 on 1 action (opening scene didn't count) as well as a lot more dialogue. I really liked the way he sounded, I just wish he got more dialogue. Ironhide wasn't a big player, same with Ratchet. I like the addition of Arcee to the group as she is the only female autobot, but she still didn't really have a major part. But I can see that since she really didn't have a major part in any of the cartoons as well. She was always just kind of..."there", not really there. Jetfire was changed a lot from the cartoon, liked his part as an old man. Definitely liked the hook-up with Optimus at the end as a shout out to the cartoon. I wish every autobot had as much dialogue as Jetfire. When you think about it, he talked more than any other autobot throughout the whole movie, and he was in it for half the time. Maybe it's just me and my relation to the old cartoon where there was A LOT of dialogue between the autobots, but I think more dialogue between the autobots would have really made this one in a million. Maybe next film? Oh well, no harm done.

Jolt (0/10) -
    Sorry but I had to throw him in here. He wasn't there, then he was there, then you didn't see him for a while, then he was in the desert helping Optimus link with Jetfire. If you don't know who I'm talking about, its the blue autobot who had electricity sparking from his hands in some scenes. Looked like a really cool character, but honestly I wish he wasn't there. He didn't say a word, no one even mentioned his existence or even his name. I just don't see a point in having him there if his whole point in the movie was to have him help link Optimus and Jetfire. :wtf

Skids and Mudflap (5/10) -
    What can I say, Skids and Mudflap add SOME fun to the movie. Their comments like "bitch-ass" and calling Leo a "pussy" got some laughs, but overall I think their antics were taken a little too far. Not gonna lie, they seemed pretty racist, but maybe that's what added to the humor of them. I don't really understand why they of all people had the second most dialogue of any of the autobots behind Jetfire. Really? Skids and Mudflap with that much dialogue? I think maybe if they cut their dialogue in half their effect would have been much better on the audience. I honestly would have much rather listened to the NEST group (Ironhide, Arcee, Sideswipe, Ratchet, and Jolt) talk about anything than listen to Skids and Mudflap get into twin fights. This smilie directly relates to my feeling about the over-use of the twins (beating a dead horse in the balls repeatedly).:deadhorse1:

Megatron (8/10) -
    Gotta love some Megatron. I like his new transformation into a tank, it gets closer to his original transformation when he could transform into a stationary cannon. For some reason I didn't get that genuine sense of evil this time around from Megatron. Loved the forest scene. Liked the dialogie for the most part. I don't know, overall he was good, there was just something missing this time around.

Starscream (8/10) -
    Oh Starscream, when will you just betray Megatron already?! I finally thought it was going to happen at the end of the movie when Megatron got his ass kicked through some walls and he yelled out for Starscream. I wanted Starscream to come over to him and make fun of him and kick him while we was on the ground like the 1986 animated movie. Maybe beat the crap out of him more, and then leave him to die. The forest scene was great from all who were in it. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I didn't get much of a feeling of evil from Starscream either. His parts in the movie were done well, nothing really to complain about.

The Fallen (8/10) -
    Reminded me a lot of Darth Sidious from Star Wars. The evil master of the evil apprentice. Had one of the coolest moments in the movie (I think) where he was on top of the pyramid and pulled all of the military vehicles towards him, and then just dropped them. Incredible shot and CGI. I think he could have been utilized a lot more in the final battle with Optimus, that could have really shaped up into a fight just as good as the forest scene.

Contructicons/Devastator (7/10) -
    Ok Constructicons, you confuse me. I know you transform into Devastator, but is it just me or were other people confused that there were two construction vehicles that werent part of Devastator? The front plow that let out Sam's parents/fought Bumblebee and the giant green dump truck that could be seen fighting the military away from Devastator. Yeah, maybe I'm wrong but that confused me. Devastator is a big bad beast of a decepticon and I feel like he is THE greatest achievement CGI has ever accomplished, I just wish we could have seen his full potential. Yeah he sucked up some stuff and he beat the crap out of the pyramid, but some Autobot vs Devastator action would have been sweet (I don't count Skids and Mudflap).

Soundwave and Ravage (8/10) -
    I give him an 8 simply because he wasn't used a lot. I love Soundwave, always have, and I think Michael Bay and the writers did nearly all that they could do to bring him into the movie. You can't make him a boombox like in the old cartoon, and I think a satellite is a good idea since Soundwave was the decepticons main transmissions and communications guy in the cartoon and thats exactly what a satellite does-tranmissions and communications. Not gonna lie, it felt great to here that monotone voice again. Ravage is a classic character, I liked how he came out of Soundwave just like in the cartoon. He had his moments that were cool, not much you can really ask from robotic tiger. His best scene was probably when Bumblebee ripped out his spine, sorry Ravage.

Random Decepticons (4/10) -
    Here im not discussing the decepticons that flew down just for the final battle. Im talking about the random decepticons that actually took the form of a human vehicle but yet we had no idea who they actually were. In the scene where Mikaela and Sam run up a small thing of stairs in the Egyptian battle scene, there is a yellowish orangeish decepticon with what appears to be a ball and chain weapon that hits the stairs right after they run up them, I have no idea who this is. In one scene you actually see Bonecrusher from the first movie driving in his vehicle form through the fray of battle. Didn't he get killed? How did he come back? The Audi R8 Sideways, come on...that fight between Sideswipe and Sideways could have been awesome, but yet he got cut in half like a pansy within 2 minutes from when he started running. Whatever happened to Barricade? He wasn't killed in the first movie. Scorpinok made his appearance for a less than 30 seconds and did some damage. Wheelie, well...nothing to really even say about Wheelie. I guess my main thing here is the possibilities that could have been made from these additional decepticons and the questions that were left from the ones who didn't really seem to have a place there. All in all these characters weren't bad by any means, they just weren't anything special.

All in all, this movie was great. I have seen it in IMAX twice, once at the midnight showing and once in the morning after with my dad. I have never watched a movie and been so drawn in like I was in this movie. I would literally have to remind myself to breathe at some points. I bought popcorn, and I couldn't even take a bite the whole movie I was so focused in. Some moments left me with confusion, but no where close to the amount that left me saying "did that really just happen?", or "holy $^!7 that was awesome!!!" The movie left me thinking about transformers for the next few hours before I went to bed, it actually took a couple hours because the adrenaline was still rushing and I couldn't focus on sleeping. After seeing it the second time, I am to the point where I drove by a yellow construction vehicle on my way home and the first thing I expected to see it do was transform. Then I had to pop back in reality and realize nothing cool like that ever happens haha. All in all, I give this movie a 9/10. No one does action like Michael Bay, and that will stand until the release of Transformers 3, when he outdoes himself again. This movie should have no competition for the Oscar for Best Special Effects. I hope the best for this movie I really do, it was a ton of fun to see, especially on IMAX. If you haven't seen it one IMAX, you definitely should, it's worth every penny to see it like that at least once. I don't know if you read any of these comments Michael Bay, but keep up the good work. Maybe a lil more dialogue and involvement from the full cast of autobots next time? Oh well, as a Transformers fan my whole life, I think you have done the name proud. Thanks for another awesome experience.

AWESOME!!! really fun and kick-ass movie! i love it,but still i feel that it lacks something,and that something from my opnion was more interaction in the history of the other bots: sideswipe,the sisters and the almost inexistent jolt,but overall really awesom and brutal effects, god bless the filmakers,the artist,the director and ILM!

Im @ work...started @ 8 its 3:40 now...my show is @ 7:15IMAX in dublin....I get off in a little over an hour...this has been the longest day in the history of days

Angry Re: The Official TF RoTF discussion thread **Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

I saw ROTF today and was honestly a little dissappointed. Don't get me wrong; Mr. Bay has an uncanny nack for seeing the best spots for the most imaginative action sequences ever, but that's where his talent ends. Megan Fox is one of the worst actresses i've ever seen. You can't have a no-talent actress working with a talent like Shia!! She's an embarrassment. Also, the age-old defense, "it's just a movie" doesn't work anymore. There was no explanation for what happens to Sam after he's killed. I recently read a review that said "Sam goes to autobot heaven", and I thought wow that's complete crap and I hope that's not in the movie, but oh look!! It is. And these Primes? They can bring Sam back to life?! Why didn't they just bring Optimus back to life? Is it easier to bring a human back as opposed to a Transformer? You've opened these new areas that need to be explained. Once you start showing a races heaven and bringing people back from the dead, you're giving yourself a lot more to think about, and obviously you did not take the time to think about it Mr. Bay. Every single "emotional" scene was some of the cheeziest crap i've ever seen and I could barely get through it. Mr. Bay, you are obviously making these films to only make money, and that's very sad. On the bonus features of Transformers, you even say after the call from Mr. Spielberg(whom is my favorite director) "i'm not making that movie". You had the chance to make a better film if you had simply done some research and read the lore of Transformers, oh and going to "Transformers School" in Rhode Island doesn't count. You don't care about the Transformers and all you want are dollar signs. You say you want critical acclaim? You can't get it by making these movies. Look at Christopher Nolan, who has only ever made character-driven films and see how renowned he is. Focus on the CHARACTERS Michael, not the action so much. You have the potential to be so much better then you are. I loved the first Transformers, and this was a character letdown.

Just got back from the Swedish premiere of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. I'm not a good writer so I won't be posting a full review, I'll be doing a pros/cons list instead. SPOILERS!. Here we go...

Pros
    1. The Shanghai opening; when Optimus Prime skydives from the cargo plane, transforms to robot mode in mid-air, lands on the freeway, transforms BACK into truck mode and then transforms back again to robot mode and jumps on Demolisher... that was one of the sickest transformation sequences I've ever seen!

2. Wheelie! Oh man, I love that little guy. Especially when he dryhumps Megan's leg, I couldn't stop laughing. Every scene with Wheelie was awesome and funny.

3. Simmons; I didn't like him in the first movie, but I loved him in RotF. He was too mean to Sam in the first one.

4. Sam's college scenes; They were great, perfectly balanced with the rest of the story.

5. Alice; I was surprised how hot she was. Damn girl, you can straddle me in bed any day...

6. Jetfire; respect the elderly! He opened a can of whoop-ass at the end, fucking epic.

7. Prime's death; when Megatron killed Optimus in the forest battle, I was thrown back to my memory of the '86 cartoon movie. I remember sitting on the floor in front of the TV watching Prime's death... I couldn't stop crying. I had to fight back my tears as I watched Prime dying in RotF. It was definitely a flashback from y childhood, and it's awesome Bay threw that in there.

8. Prime's resurrection; that was one of the most memorable scenes for me. Prime outfitted with parts from Jetfire, holy shit that was awesome

9. Devastator; the combining of Devastator was also one helluva memorable scene, right up there with Prime's skydiving-transformation sequence in Shanghai. He also had nice wrecking balls.

10. The Fallen; what an awesome foe. In the Egypt battle, when Prime is resurrected, everything seems to be calm for a second, but then the Fallen teleports into the action and starts tearing shit up. Epic.

11. The forest battle; one of the best battle scenes in the TRANSFORMERS saga so far. Perfect ending with Prime's death and the other Autobots coming to Sam's rescue.

12. The Egypt battle; some critics say this final battle is slow and dull... what?! It's fucking EPIC! E-P-I-C! And Bay's world record kaboom was FUCKING EPIC! A lot of drama too with Sam's parents trying to let go of Sam as he has to deliver the Matrix of Leadership.

13. Sam's death/resurrection; once again I had to fight back my tears here. This scene had Bay written all over it, slow-mo, epic music, dramatic death/resurrection of the main character... gave me goosebumps.

Cons
    1. Sam/Mikaela love scenes; some of these could have been skipped or at least cut down.

2. The Twins; not as funny as I thought they were gonna be, a bit disappointed in them actually (I liked the "That's 'cause you're a pussy" line though).

3. The new robots; Jolt, the three motorcycle Autobots and Sideswipe... I wanted to see more of them! Especially Jolt, he only showed up at the Egypt battle. And I wanted to see more of Ratchet as well.

4. Bonecrusher? Blackout? Was that them, or were those new Decepticons with different names?

5. Scorponok's fifteen SECONDS of fame; all of the sudden the movie turns to slow-mo, sand is spewing in a neat strafing line and out of it comes Scorponok, attacking Jetfire... and that was it. Hmmpf. I wanted more of my favorite Decepticon from the first movie!

6. The ending; I felt it was a bit rushed, just a tad.

As you can see, the pros outweigh my cons, and the cons are just tiny nitpicks, nothing that takes away from the awesome experience I had with RotF at all.

Oh, and the critics... too much action? Too much explosions? Too much comedy? Those are the things that made this movie AWESOME and EPIC! And no plot? What?! Of course there was a plot! If you fucking critics would have paid attention to the movie instead of trying to find things to bitch and moan about, you would have seen there was a plot. Is there a conspiracy to take down Michael Bay or something? "Oh, this movie is directed by Michael Bay... well lads, you know the drill! Put your hard hats on and let's starting trashing him!"

I felt the movie focused a lot on Optimus Prime and Sam, it felt like there was a bond between them (they both died and resurrected for one). It was a great tone Bay established in RotF. And lastly, I liked the bickering Megatron and Starscream had, the Transformers fans must have loved that nod to the old cartoons.

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN was awesome and epic, and of the most awesome moviegoing experiences I've ever had in a long time. The fucking end.

I rate RotF 4/5.

Alphen Aan De Rijn, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by joeV31 View Post
    The movie was outstanding. I had horrible seats and still loved it. I was worried about the twins when i first heard about them, but they stole several scenes, just great characters. I loved the personalities of the bots in this one, from jetfire to wheelie. And one quick question it was kinda noisey where i was sitting. did wheelie say fuckin house of horrors. in the garge scene.
    No he said Freakin house of horrors oh and eike jolt's name was mentioned and gm was forcing bay to use it in the movie while they were already shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemento P View Post

-Cloverfield poster cleverly positioned
    whats up with the Cloverfield poster? what significance does that have?
    I LOVE NELSON!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    1. Sam/Mikaela love scenes; some of these could have been skipped or at least cut down.
    Oh man that first scene where they were seeing who would say i love you first, im sorry michael but i was front row imax and i was getting dizzy following your circles around Sam and Mikaela
    I LOVE NELSON!!

Alphen Aan De Rijn, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by SamWitwicky View Post
    whats up with the Cloverfield poster? what significance does that have?
    Alien invasion.

I know that folks have been posting what they perceive the explanation was with the duplicate Constructicons, however, has anyone figured the real deal out yet? That is my only hangup with the film and would feel much better and accepting if that was clear for me. If there isn't a plausible explanation, it seems that MB took advantage of the fact that there was so much going on at one time that those who really paid attention wouldn't notice.

Looks like I can only edit for five minutes after posting (why this all of the sudden, Nelson?), here's some more pros I liked...

14. Frenzy; Simmons kept his head as a trophy in a display case... nice.
    15. The Bad Boys II poster in Sam's dorm room... gave me a big smile on my face.

Will add more if I can think of them...
    Last edited by Andreas; 06-24-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eike8832 View Post
    Jolt (0/10) -
    Sorry but I had to throw him in here. He wasn't there, then he was there, then you didn't see him for a while, then he was in the desert helping Optimus link with Jetfire. If you don't know who I'm talking about, its the blue autobot who had electricity sparking from his hands in some scenes. Looked like a really cool character, but honestly I wish he wasn't there. He didn't say a word, no one even mentioned his existence or even his name. I just don't see a point in having him there if his whole point in the movie was to have him help link Optimus and Jetfire. :wtf
    Oh yes they did.
    Ratchet said something like:
    "Jolt, link up the after-burners to Optimus", just before the link-up.
    But I agree with you on most parts regarding Jolt.
    They could just as easily just left him out of it and have Ratchet do the connection-thing to Optimus.

To the movie:
    It was just massive.

Loved:
    - Soundwave.
    I am a real suck-up for this guy and was a bit concerned when I heard he never left space, but the way they made him work and look, just stunning.
    Awesome voice-work from Welker on him, sounded cool and menacing even without the vocoder (which probably sounded stupid and they just went with Welkers own voice).
    - Bumblebee's fighting.
    He. Kicks. Ass. Period.
    - Optimus fighting-style.
    Just looks awesome.
    - The Shanghai-scene.
    Holy freaking crap, I have never seen a cooler opening scene in my life.
    - The forest fight.
    Probably the overall coolest scene in the movie. Lots of shit going on, robots getting their asses handed to them, robots dying, robots discussing. Just epic.
    - The voice cast.
    The Fallen, Soundwave, Megatron, Rampage and Demolishor sounded great.
    - Alice.
    Isabel Lucas + powerful assassin robot = aww yeah.
    - Simmons and Leo.
    Nice comic relief from both characters, Leo's close-to-crying-realising-he's-about-to-die-face made me laugh every time.
    - The Twins.
    I had very low expectations on these two, but I think they pulled them off without making them annoying.

Did not love:
    - The copying of models.
    Wtf was Blackout and Bonecrusher doing in this movie?
    Plus the constructicons who seemed to be everywhere, at any time, being both Devastator on the pyramid, as well as hunting Sam in the ruins, and then fight in the other ruins.
    Hmmmm...
    - Devastators balls.
    A bit distasteful.
    - A senile Jetfire.
    I can buy that he's old and a bit confused for the comic relief, but it was almost all about his rusting ass and his ramblings.
    Being an ancient robot should mean you at least have some pride and power other than falling from the sky and squishing Scorponok.
    - Optimus sudden super-powers.
    In the first film he got his ass kicked by a lone Megatron. In this movie he takes on Starscream, Grindor/Blackout AND Megatron on his own and almost gets them all.
    Why didn't he do that in the first movie?

It may sound like I didn't enjoy it, but far from it.
    They hit spot on with most of the good stuff and I can buy most of the bad points (the clones felt a bit cheap) so all in all, it's a:

4 Decepticons out of 5 possible.

It's not a character building or deeply philosophical movie, not even great acting, but it excels where it should.
    It's one hell of a ride, it looks astonishing and there is more action than I expected in it.
    Better than all of the block busters this year. By far.
    I'm on a boat! Ya'll, I'm on a boat motherf*cker!

Quote Originally Posted by InvestiGator169 View Post
    I know that folks have been posting what they perceive the explanation was with the duplicate Constructicons, however, has anyone figured the real deal out yet? That is my only hangup with the film and would feel much better and accepting if that was clear for me. If there isn't a plausible explanation, it seems that MB took advantage of the fact that there was so much going on at one time that those who really paid attention wouldn't notice.
    It doesn't need any explanation, it's part of what happens in the original series, not with Constructicons but with the Insecticons. Did you watch the G1 animated series episodes? If you remember, or if you search for it, there was an episode in which the Insecticons manage to clone/duplicate themselves and there is an horde of them, in that episode they practically rebel to Megatron orders due to their power and the copies end up getting killed by some sort of giant plant that Autobots used...

So I don't see any problem with having multiple Constructicons like they were clones in the Transformers2 movie. The original idea of clones was in the G1 series, the writers just applied the concept to the movie with other Decepticon characters to make them more menacing, even because the Devastator 3D model and animation it's practically the most expensive CGI element in the movie and they had to put in something else to not let Decepticon forces appear too weak since obviously having too much screentime for Devastator wasn't possible due to budget constraint.
    I understand many wanted more of Devastator in the movie, actually I would have liked to see Superion fighting Devastator in a town like Paris.. but unfortunately in order to do that at the high quality ultra realistic resolution ILM works with the movie budget I bet should have been increased by no less than 50%... There just wasn't enough budget to create those massive scenes. Otherwise they should have included a single battle featuring the two giants and the movie was over.. but it's not Cloverfield nor Godzilla Vs Mothra, you can't have just a single monster nor just a fight between a couple and end the movie there.
    Last edited by wingzero; 06-24-2009 at 06:41 PM.