Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Official RoTF discussion thread **PART 1 /Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Default Re: The Official TF RoTF discussion thread **Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Devastator explanation:

Seriously, this isn't that hard. You have to think of Devastator as a single Transformer. Don't complain, no "what about the cartoon" questions, this is different. This is a completely different take on Transformers than the cartoons, comics, etc. Think about it, if it's ok for Prime to transform into a gorilla in one take of the Transformers world, why can't Devastator be a single robot in this Transformer world?

In this movie, Longhaul, Mixmaster, and Rampage are three completely individual transformers. They are not a part of Devastator. Every Transformer can turn into something right? Well Devastator just happens to transform into several construction vehicles. Why is it so hard to believe that he would have scanned the same alt modes as other cons? Or who's to say they weren't dowloaded into him by Soundwave? It takes just a little imagination, and a whole lot of common sense to get this.

Devastator is NOT Longhaul, Mixmaster, Rampage (etc) combined. He's one giant robot with an attitude and apparent craving for sand. That's my take on it anyway.
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Default Re: This movie made me cry, not just because it was sad because it was badass!

Sorry, il try editing my post.

Default Re: The Official TF RoTF discussion thread **Reviews go here** [ SPOILERS ]

Am I the only who didn't like Rainn Wilson's professor character? I thought he was very creepy, in a "sexual harassment" kind of way.

"You finish that for me..."

Ugh.

im going to see it today on IMAX!. wait for me guys :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a good film. Just not as good as the first.
    I think it's fallen into the trap that most follow ups fall into. It needs to be bigger, more spectacular and more intense than the last.
    This didn't happen with the Bourne films. They didn't try to make them bigger than the last. They just focused on the good things about the first and continued with the story and character rather than trying to introduce a lot of new characters.
    This is just my opinion and I do like ROTF but I think some things could have been done differently.
    Realism & Anti-Realism sucks.

Perfect movie. Period!

It had all the good parts from part one and leaved out all the lengthy stuff like pentagon and trying to decrypting signals.

Shia and Megan worked perfectly together. The chemistry fits. The effects and sounds were mindblowing. The new autobots, the twins, are sheer fun. Love to see them in the third.

But the epic range of the story I liked most. The origin story at the beginning and also the stuff around the Origin-primes also the energymatrix.

ROTF has thrill, fun, sexy stuff and mostly bad ass action with beatiful animated transformers.

Don´t forget the soundtrack. Steve Jablonskys score gives me heebie-jeebies and the cooperation with Linkin Park is just great. New Divide is a great song. Also 21 Guns from Green Day. It was the perfect endmusic to a perfect movie.

Default Re: This movie made me cry, not just because it was sad because it was badass!

I tried to find a way to edit the post. Theres no edit button. I can edit this post but not my original thread post, but still i didn´t give away any of the major story spoilers.

Guys, what is the difference between regular theater and IMAX version? Are there any extended clips? I don't have Imax theater in my area. So can anyone tell me the difference between those 2 versions?

Loved the movie!!! Some minor nuances that irked me, but still an epic badass movie!!!!
    Just two things for the next movie=

MORE SIDESWIPE!!!

More TF acting, like Jetfire did- great exposition w/ him.

And Chromia is still alive...
    SUCK MY POPSICLE!

I thought the movie was incredible. Definitly seeing it again. The only thing I just wish Optimus had more speaking time, but that is understandable. One highpoint in particular for me, Optimus Prime had died and now he is back. Which means he does not have to do it again. It is out of the way, over with, finished. Now he can kick some serious but in TF3

Quote Originally Posted by nic343 View Post
    Oh Michael Michael Michael. You failed. You fucked it up.

Don't get me wrong, the film is a wonder to look at. It's fun, it's exciting, but it's a huge misstep buy fucking up very simple things.

The story: Too many threads thrown in. Why take the great mythos and threat that is Megatron and turn him into a little bitch. I was grinning ear to ear to see Megs bitching at Starscream but in mere seconds he's The Fallen's "disciple."

And the Fallen - COME ON. The explanation you give gives this creatures no weight at all. Why does Megatron kneel to him? You don't explain. He's not threatening whatsoever. And then what's his motivation? To create hatchlings? Explain that more, go into it more. That's something that compels me and makes me more interested, the fact that this creature and Starscream's motivation is to restart the race...that's a cool concept, but you don't spend the time with it. It might have also been interesting to see Megs LOATHE the Fallen for it, seeing it as a WASTE of time. But the film never stops to have a thought about it.

And Sam's whole arc is that he wants to be a normal kid, wants the college experience. GO INTO IT MORE, Michael! All that's lost because there's an emergency.

And Alice. What a HUGE misstep here. This is not a Terminator film. So don't ape it. The effects were awful. And it begs the question: If the Decepticons can transform into human tissue, why not make an Obamacon and take away NEST's Money and declare war on the Autobots? You think that we as audience members won't be thinking about it, but we do and you're not clever enough to come up with an alternative that would be better.

The section I really found loathesome was the Superman II General Zod-like FALLEN talking to the world saying they are taking over and asking for Sam. Unoriginal and not needed. The rest of the film would have been better without it. Use some balls and some brains and know when to cut things. Go from Optimus dying to him being helicopter'd in. Skip the crap about Sam being wanted. It went nowhere and failed to further the plot. Weak, unnecessary and now creates a problem for TF3: now the world knows about them.

The best character in the whole movie was Jetfire. Charming, funny, great animation. He gets warmed up and then is taken out by Skorponok too fast. Lame, really. Also Optimus and Bumblebee took a backseat to The Twins.

Arcee was also a missed opportunity. Why do we never get an in-focus steady look at this character. Character? I don't know, the movie never took the time or effort to explain. I know she speaks, which I thought was a female officer at first, again because you failed to give it any thought.

And why oh why oh why is there a shot of Shia emoting (well, btw) and it's out of focus. Fire your first AC please.

The movie was just not focused. I feel like you shot everything and the kitchen sink and didn't have the guys to cut out the things that didn't work. You didn't shape the story - about taking up responsibility while home. It gets lost in dick jokes, gay jokes, pot jokes.

Michael, you're better at this. Look at the wonderful simplicity of the first movie. A boy and his car. They have to protect the Allspark. I couldn't tell you what Revenge of the Fallen was about. And don't rip of Star Wars titles, please.

Oh and why didn't Wheelie and company use the second Allspark shard to revive Optimus after he dies? Again because you weren't clever enough to think of an alternative.

You're confusing by being flashy. You lose integrity by using cheap humor. You've got to really think about things before you do TF3. Please take some time off and realize that by just spinning the camera around you're being interesting. You can do it.

What's up with the poo-poo pee-pee silliness, huh? I swear a third of this movie is written by 8th graders. Examples: Devastators balls, Wheelie humping Mikaela, the two scenes of the dogs fucking, the twins' retardation.
    Totally agree with you and I will add few more things. This movie lacks of a lot of things, found already in the first one:
    - They have lost the interactions between robots, no feelings to help the other in danger, no proper fighting, come on Ironhide has bloody guns!!
    - Did not even see Jolt for 5 min...
    - Optimus Prime died and no cries (apart Sam and just a little).. no respect towards him!
    - Arcee? Where?? 1 min..
    - Autobots waiting quietly in the hall or military base, not even independant! They should move and speak! They are not simply guns that you can use when whistling an order!
    - At the end, we do not even know who got injured in the Autobots.
    - It is more a movie about humans than robots, particularly from an autobot's point of view! We saw the decepticons during the battle but where were the autobots? They are more reliable to destroy the decepticons than the humans and even knowing this, we have had scenes with humans only.
    - Less scenes with Megan Fox in short on top of a bike, she is not a prostitute... They totally messed up her character!
    - Loved the parents thing.

So I am more annoyed than with the first one. I do not know if all of them have watched the comics but they should. These robots need more independance and feelings, they are not simply steel boxes! And come on, it is "Transformers" not "Humans"!! Less men in the next one!

I loved it... can understand some frustration going around but I found the inter species bonding approach cooler then focusing on just the each race individually. One of my fav shot was the slow mo run with iron hide epps lennox shia and megs (after the orange smoke) ....the movie was great for those(like us ) who did all the research prior in regards that we new all the characters before going in. Although i feel people that just show up might demand a role call but i ask would that of really worked for such a chaotic film? I thought it was handled fine because there were to many robots and it was bad enough they didnt get enough screen time I wouldn't want time wasted so slow people can catch up...and to hear iron hide say "punk ass deception" over demolisher's smoldering body was the movie for me ... I really don't understand all the negativity it exceeded my expectations and i liked it better than the first way more graphic and way more about the transformers... i mean come on grindor got fish hooked by optimus seriously awesome... and i cant remember the last time an audience was so interactive, I was in a crowded theater and you could hear a pin drop when optimus dies ....if you all are gonna be haters go join Rotten Tomatoes forums there having a frenzy over there .....Mr. Bay nailed it on this one go see it a couple more times till it sticks ..I mean i was mixed on the first movie but i saw it couple more times realized what the movie was really about (fun) and if i want a serious movie ill go watch schindlers list :wtf
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    @Altea9: so.. looking at your profile.. you registered on this site 1 year ago and posted only 3 times.. Shouldn't I tell that you and other accounts here posting negative reviews against the movie just like on other sites and forums do look really fishy,uh?
    Um...what's fishy about that?
    I tried to sign up for this forum 6 months before the first film came out, but was told that no more members were being taken on at that time.
    I kept tabs on Shootfortheedit all the way through the filming process, right up until the 1st movie was released. Like I said in my post...I AM A MICHAEL BAY FAN! I was however, disappointed in the first movie, and had hoped for a better movie the second time around. There is nothing fishy in that, is there?

@Altea9:You are ranting and bashing the movie without explaining anything, it's just hatred there. The same there was against Transformers back in 2007.
    I think you'll find that my " rant " is one of the longest posts in this thread, and I clearly outlined, not only the scenes I didn't like in the movie, but why the movie as a whole sucked ass! I also mentioned the amazing work done over at ILM, and in particular the amazing forest scene, and also the work they done on Devastator. So how the hell can that be nothing but " Hatred " ?

@Altea9:
    You are absolutely biased and what you say it's just not true.
    There is nothing disappointing or wrong with the movie, the only missing thing is that it should have been a 180minutes movie to explain the story better to people like you that can't grasp the plot quickly and then go around telling all negative nonsense like "there is no plot, there is no characters development, it's too quick" and so on and on.
    I am biased? :wtf

Have you actually read back your own post?

Oh..and by the way...if you look throughout this thread, you will find many hard core TF and Bay fans who have said that..yeah...while I enjoyed the movie, it could have been better, or...here is my list of things I liked, and here is the list of things I hated.
    It's not just me you know. To have an honest opinion doesn't mean you are biased.

@Altea9:
    But the fact is that there is a plot way more complex than on the first movie, there is a lot of characters development. If you fail to see it then that is your problem but you can't go around spreading lies hoping to bring down the movie. Unless you got an hidden agenda to do that.. and I am pretty sure that 90% of negative posts and reviews are part of an hidden agenda.
    First off...I think you might be a little bit paranoid. You may need to seek medical help for that one.
    You honestly think there is a lot of character development in this movie? Really?
    You think because this forum invites someone to put across their opinion of a movie, which just so happens to be a different opinion to yours, that this person is then telling lies, and...sorry...what was that again....oh yes...trying to bring the movie down?

I don't think I've ever heard such utter crap in my whole life!

Nothing I say, or think, will stop this film from being a box office smash!
    I already suggested that in my original post.
    Don't worry my little friend...your movie is gonna be right up there amongst the most succesful movies of all time, and nothing I, or anyone else on this forum does, will change that.
    It doesn'tmean it's good movie though.
    There are far better movies out there that haven't made millions at the box office, does that mean they are bad? Unsuccessful...maybe...but not bad.

Listen...

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. Honestly...I really am.
    Do you hear me calling you names, or being critical or insulting to you because your opinion differs from mine?
    NO.
    You don't.
    So why then, do you feel the need to embarrass yourself, by resorting to the things you've posted in your reply to me?

The last thing I said was, that I was a TF fan, and a Michael Bay fan too. You maybe missed that line.
    But that doesn't mean I'm just gonna sit there and absorb anything that's TF or Michael Bay related and not have an opinion on it.
    It's ok to be critical. Nothing bad will happen.

I'll say it again, just incase anyone else thinks I'm " Trying to bring down the movie"

I am allowed an opinion, and in MY opinion, this movie was pretty bad.

Altea9

What I am starting to see is that people who wanted to see a badass Transformers movie *which Bay said it was for* like it. People who dont like it are fans from G1 and dont like the comedy or things that are not the same or they were looking for some kickass plot. Yes there were plot holes left and right..even up and down. Yes the comedy wasnt needed but enjoyed by everyone who was watching it in my personal times watching it. The key is the movie was kickass and awsome and thats what I wanted to see!
    "Give me your face!"-Optimus Prime
    "I'll take you all on!"-Optimus Prime

Few problems I had:

-Pot doesn't make you randomly attack people.
    -Why didn't they just drive Sam to Optimus at the end? What was the point of having ALL THREE cars split up?
    -What was the point of the Terminatrix if the Decepticons were going to announce their presence anyway?
    -Speaking of, wouldn't it be much easier to disguise themselves as humans and not giant walking vehicles?

I understand this is what it is, but come on, these are some pretty gaping holes. (NOTE - These aren't Bay's faults so much as they are the script so I'm not blaming him.)

Default Pros/cons of the sequel!

Hello. I realize that this is the Michael Bay Board, but I’m wondering what everyone thought was bad as well as good in the film. Here are mine:

Pros:
    -More emotive Transformers
    -More Optimus Prime
    -More mythology

Cons:
    -Entire film felt rushed
    -Pacing/story was all over the place...not really darker as advertised
    -Too many “big bad guys” (Megatron, The Fallen, Devastator); they should have just focused on one for better characterization
    -The comedy was too extreme and every character was on crack
    -Potentially serious/powerful parts were diminished by being sandwiched in between scenes with thongs, humping, balls, etc.
    -Too many characters and not enough character development
    -Too many recycled shots/similar scenes from the first movie
    -No sense of danger…not one, not two, but three characters get resurrected in this film
    -Out of all the new characters the twins were the ones with the most screen time

Overall, I liked it, but it was nowhere near as good as the first film. Hopefully, the team will take their time with the third film.

Default Re: Pros/cons of the sequel!

not trying to be rude but this belongs in the disscusion for the movie.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...t=5214&page=10
    I LOVE NELSON!!

The more I think about it, the more retarded the movie gets... Is this a dream or something? Is it even possible to mess upp such a huge movie with cheap toilet humor, bad acting and worthless script? How much money do they possess if they can afford playing around like this?

I think it was a great movie. Alice and Leo didn't seem particularly useful though. I would have rather they were not in the movie and use the extra time to build the story more. I mean, Alice got Sam in a bit of trouble with Mikaela, but she seemed to already forgive Sam by the time they escaped from Alice's rampage. Leo helped lead Sam to Simmons, but you could take Leo out and just write the story that Sam already knew to look for Simmons and finds him on his own.

I LOVED the banter between Megatron and Starscream this time. I didn't have any problem with the Twins, even though a lot of reactions I've seen seem to be overreacting about them. I thought they were fairly funny and not over-used. A few of the decepticons seemed to have less use this time. The fights between a lot of them seemed very short. I don't think they all needed to be longer, but maybe the fight between Optimus and The Fallen, or the fight with Devastator could have been improved (since both Devastator and The Fallen were highly anticipated antagonists).

Overall: 7.5/10
    I did not love it as much or more than Transformers from 2007, but I still liked it.

Default Re: Pros/cons of the sequel!

I don't think there should be a third film, personally. They've screwed themselves over with this one, and haven't left any room for a sequel. Bringing the Unicron in would seem too predictable.

Everyone in the world knows about Transformers, they can't cover that up.

I would have like to have seen the Autobots gotten their butt whooped, including Optimus staying dead. I would have liked to have seen them not go to Egypt (really, that was unnecessary), and I would have liked to have not seen any romance between Sam and Mikaela.

It's fine while you're watching the movie, but once it's over you won't stop thinking about it and you turn out to hate it because of the crap storyline. Which is why I give it an 8/10 as a film, and a 4/10 as a sequel. You love it while you're watching it, but once it's over you start to hate it.

Pros:
    -Optimus was very butt-kicking in this movie, showed he was the leader.
    -They explored the mythology of Transformers, more.
    -It was the funniest movie I've seen this year.

Cons:
    -It was the funniest movie I've seen this year.
    -Optimus didn't stay dead.
    -Way too many plot holes.
    -Too much slow-motion.
    -Too many explosions.
    -Too many Transformers.
    -The fight-scenes were subpar compared to the first film.
    -It was very rushed.
    -The romance destroyed it.
    -Megan Fox butchered her lines.
    -They went to Egypt.
    -No Autobots died.
    -The Fallen did not get any revenge.

As you can see, the Cons out-weigh the Pros by 300+ percent.

is it just me or is it annoying all these people sign up for the site and just bash the film. Honestly, why are people going to join the forum, just to put down the movie. Take that negative shit somewhere else.
    I LOVE NELSON!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamWitwicky View Post
    is it just me or is it annoying all these people sign up for the site and just bash the film. Honestly, why are people going to join the forum, just to put down the movie. Take that negative shit somewhere else.
    Exactly. Their acting does sound fishy. And they even reply in a rude way when you try to point it out, I'd say that I hit a nerve there.. Just take a look at other forums like IMDB for example, it's full of people with multiple accounts trying their best to bring down the movie... What is crazy is that the same people are appearing now on this Michael Bay own forum.. And then there should be nothing fishy about them? Just normal people? I don't think so,really. I am not paranoid, otherwise we wouldn't live in a world where bankers just recently caused a financial crisis bringing down the economy worldwide. Unfortunately in any business there are groups that resort to scam tactics in order to achieve their goals instead of competing by working more and offering better quality products to potential customers (viewers that is for the showbiz).

Quote Originally Posted by Kumba View Post
    What I am starting to see is that people who wanted to see a badass Transformers movie *which Bay said it was for* like it. People who dont like it are fans from G1 and dont like the comedy or things that are not the same or they were looking for some kickass plot. Yes there were plot holes left and right..even up and down. Yes the comedy wasnt needed but enjoyed by everyone who was watching it in my personal times watching it. The key is the movie was kickass and awsome and thats what I wanted to see!
    The fact is.. the original G1 series just like any subsequent series and comics version was full of cheesy dialogues and silly jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by SamWitwicky View Post
    Maybe becous it was a rotten film?! Every opinion must be respected. If they want to make a third movie that works, they must listen to the critics and get their brains together. Becous TROTF was just no brain at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Littke View Post
    Maybe becous it was a rotten film?! Every opinion must be respected. If they want to make a third movie that works, they must listen to the critics and get their braint together. Becous TROTF was just no brain at all.
    It's hard to take opinions from new members that can not spell.
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames