Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bay frustrated at critics?

Banned

Default Re: Bay frustrated at critics?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Listen guys... Im positive Bay could care less what the critics think. If you think about it we the fans here and everywhere are way better critics then those who get payed to do so. And what happens... Bay has given us, the fans, the rea lcritics what we want. I dont know any other director out there that follows so close and tries to at least listen to what his fans likw and would want to see. I believe the about mention of him not wanting to do a 3rd movie and or any action movies for that matter is out right lies. Someone else is putting words in the man's mouth again. Now i could see him doing the 3rd movie and then calling it quits as I for one think it should stop at 3 so it dont get old. And then maybe look into doing a tv series or something based off the movies and let somone run with it. But again i dont see him not doing a 3rd movie.
    sorry about the missspellings in my last post guys. I was in a hurry to write this as im also getting ready to head back to the office.

Has anyone considered that maybe those comments are being taken out of context (after all WENN does need its headlines)?

I say the man needs some rest, ok?

I don't think he's gonna do a 3rd movie.
    1. I think Paramount is going to move forward with that 2011 date, with or without Bay. I called this back when the release date confusion first happened.
    2. There's a reason why he made sure the writers came up with a 100% clear ending. It's he wouldn't feel forced to come back to finish the story. He probably knew back then that he wasn't planning to do TF3...
    3. You can tell from what he said that he's just tired of Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Has anyone considered that maybe those comments are being taken out of context (after all WENN does need its headlines)?

Yeah, he must need some awesome vacations. Glad if this was just mishmash quotes out of context.

I'm sure critics would prefer if James Cameron directed the movie. They'd be renamed into Emoformers; battling their inner demons constantly. Or, perhaps, they'd perfer Quentin Tarantino doing the movie; where the characters would be standing around talking most of the flick.

Those same critics don't even know how to observe objectively. Their diarrhetic diatribe of the oral cavity is embarrassingly fixated on their previous misconceptions. :deadhorse1:

Drake

Did he even say them? Doesn't make sense.

But yeah... some time on the beach might help him reorganize himself. I'm on a mini-vacation myself. Racked up nearly 80 days of leave, and using 30.

Not going to disagree he deserves some rest Nelson, but these things are being reported and his fans want to know if they're real and he's being serious or whether its a load of bullsh1t.
    "To the Believer, no proof is necessary...To the non-Believer, no proof is possible."

Quote Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
    Not going to disagree he deserves some rest Nelson, but these things are being reported and his fans want to know if they're real and he's being serious or whether its a load of bullsh1t.
    Or you could just check out the footage from Russia that Nelson on the front page of this site and realize he's so damned tired he can hardly stand up. People make shit up about Bay all the time! We all know this. He'll come back. He already said he would, he just needs that break, okay?
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    Or you could just check out the footage from Russia that Nelson on the front page of this site and realize he's so damned tired he can hardly stand up. People make shit up about Bay all the time! We all know this. He'll come back. He already said he would, he just needs that break, okay?
    Geez, I'm real sorry for wanting something clarified and to discuss something related to it. What ever was I thinking of doing that on a forum??
    "To the Believer, no proof is necessary...To the non-Believer, no proof is possible."

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
    Geez, I'm real sorry for wanting something clarified and to discuss something related to it. What ever was I thinking of doing that on a forum??

You wouldn't understand unless you've walked a mile in his shoes. Making TF2, the way it was explained to me, was more like a military deployment than a filming process. And I know for a fact must of us didn't want to even be in the Army anymore after we got back. We were drained, exhausted, and glad it was over. However, we got our 30 days of block leave, and suddenly a lot of people were all "go Army!" again.

I'm thinking this is a similar situation.

I understand perfectly where MB is coming from with this. Let the man have his vacation, let him recuperate, and then he'll clarify his plans for the future. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation.

Noone thinks he just one to make something diferent before the 3rd transformers? Not leave transformers.

Drake

I think the man needs a vacation.

^^^I agree with that Drake.

I'm not a movie maker or a professional critic, but making action movies involves so much time, effort, and energy.

Even John McTiernan (Predator, Die Hard, The Hunt For Red October, Die Hard with A Vengeance) needs a good vacation.

Same goes for James Cameron and John Woo.

Michael Bay even said he was going to do Three so he has to come back, but he also deserves a break and it should be release in summer 2012.

Ok, at what point have I said I don't think Bay should take/deserves a break?? It was his comments about critics that surprised me

Hah,

Love press how they spin. Never said it - just wanted a vacation is more to the point. And no I don't read the good or the bad reviews.

Drake

Yeah... it sounded really off.

I order you to take a vacation. NOW. (can I do that?)

yey mr bay is still doing it XD thank u mr bay u are the best its like we can all wait 1 more year just means we will be more pumped to see it

The press loves to create news.

Thanks for the update Mr. Bay.

I knew you will do it Mr. Bay.

Why is everyone worrying about part 3 when they haven't even seen part 2 yet anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Why is everyone worrying about part 3 when they haven't even seen part 2 yet anyway??

because 2 is goind to be bigger and better than the 1st one and number 3 will be even better as technolagy grows

I knew he won't quit...

Am just happy that you've confirmed it

peace

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Yeah... it sounded really off.

I order you to take a vacation. NOW. (can I do that?)

nope only me the decepticon leader can
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Hah,

Love press how they spin. Never said it - just wanted a vacation is more to the point. And no I don't read the good or the bad reviews.
    i agree with ya michael.. why read them it's just their opinion
    us fans should be the ones who should really give the reviews, when you take your vacation take it some where nice like the caribbeans
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!