Thread: How about doing fantasy or comedy movies?

Default How about doing fantasy or comedy movies?

Something different than just action and Sci-fi or even horror movies for once, would give some flavor. Or maybe a Western.

Default Re: How about doing fantasy or comedy movies?

you can not be a good at everything. do what you do best

Well, what Steve said. However, a i would really like to see a Western from Michael Bay, i guess he could make an awesome, stylised western. Think about it, Michael!

he did do 2 or 3 horro movies which really surpriesed me i have not see nthem yet but fro mfans of friday 13 & freddy they where really good who knows he may do something out of oridinary again that we may not expect of him fantasy or comedy i will stick with since he has done horro really hes done scifi?

ill have to look into that

Well the Bad Boys movies qualify as comedies (with a lot of action... or is the other way around?).

I think Crainy idea is the best, a western by Bay seems so adequate to his filmaking style... (except for the lack of sports cars )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guy View Post
    Well the Bad Boys movies qualify as comedies (with a lot of action... or is the other way around?).

I think Crainy idea is the best, a western by Bay seems so adequate to his filmaking style... (except for the lack of sports cars )
    Armageddon is much more a western than it is a science fiction film. People who don't realize this either a) have not watched many westerns or b) have only watched Clint Eastwood movies. I recommend a heavy dose of John and John westerns to all such people.

Whereas The Island is a hardcore science fiction film and absolutely terrifying, to boot.

He's had more diversity than most give him credit for. It's just his action sequences are part of his signature and tie all the films together. Either you're on board for that or you're not.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Something different than just action and Sci-fi...

"Pain & Gain" - http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1999-12-23/news/pain-gain/
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

I'm sure he'll get around to it. Remember he's still young and has many more movies to come.

Armageddon is much more a western than it is a science fiction film.
    I agree with you, but what I really want to see from him is a fully, old style western (you know what I'm referring to) I'm just curious so see what he can give us, and how he handles certain things.

Also agree with you about how the "Action" part should be taken for granted, I think the best way to describe his movies is ignore the element of action (as there will always be) and just take what other element is present.