Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First reviews

Default Re: First reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Imagine having a job where the it's your duty to find every single negative point. Pretty bad eh? Most of these guys are fans of art cinema and review mainstream films just to pay the bills. It;s like going to a Woody Allen film expecting gore.

I mean, who has time to read reviews and much less do a background search on these people?
    Yeah imagine that. I heard they were hiring?

Those that read reviews and want to know if what they read is what to expect have that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    They're criticizing the stuff I am effin' praising. I want to see 2.5 hours of Bayos and Bayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    H to the E to the LL YES!
    ^This. more screen time = more Bayhem
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

If their biggest problem is that there is too much action, and that it lasts too long, I think I'll be fine.

I disagree with all these critics. Transformers movies are just meant to be a fun action popcorn blockbuster, and shouldnt be taken as a serious movie. Thats what made the first one great.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsubs View Post
    I disagree with all these critics. Transformers movies are just meant to be a fun action popcorn blockbuster, and shouldnt be taken as a serious movie. Thats what made the first one great.

Which is why the big summer blockbusters almost never get rave reviews. (The Dark Knight being the exception). Also, a lot of critics review movies that they would never go see on their own, so they're already ready to give it a bad review before watching it.

EmpireOnline has posted a review. ***/5 but really quite bad. Reading it you thought they are talking about a 1,5/5 or 1/5 movie.

Read the last comment. There is a guy who decides whether to watch a movie entirely on reviews. He has even skipped a long list of movies simply because the reviews he read doused the movies in kero and lit a match.

If this is you, dont bother watching this movie. If you are the type of person who believes everything they read as being true then you are one sad individual, and i pity you for not having an imagination or opinion of your own.

Yeah the Empire review made it sound like they didn't like it at all but then they still rated it good. Of course they also rated T4 great so what do they know.

The empire forum is now pretty funny.

"Most people claim not to like his films (Michael Bay films) but they keep talking about them anyway and even his harshest of critics will go and see Transformers 2.

With enemies like these, who needs fans?" :lol

I have always seen eye to eye with Empire and their reviews, and though i will make my own mind up for sure (and im sure i will enjoy the movie) the review they gave has made me a little skeptical.

Although they haven't used the term in their review, they are basically saying the film is pretty one-dimensional. It got 3 stars because it does that one dimension mind-blowingly well. If thats what you want from a movie then its going to be great (i know its what i want from this type of movie).

However the humor, which i enjoyed in the first movie (and which i think i recall Empire liking the first time round) was always a risky move, and it sounds like it may not pay off this time. I hope it will be OK, because for all it added in the first one, it could so easily take away from the second....

Default IGN UK REVIEWS TRANSFORMERS 2. Gave it 6/10

IGN UK has reviewed transformers 2 and they have given it a 6/10 calling it a overly long action fest...I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/994/994427p1.html

Default Re: IGN UK REVIEWS TRANSFORMERS 2. Gave it 6/10

Default Re: IGN UK REVIEWS TRANSFORMERS 2. Gave it 6/10

woow that liek below average LOL but all hes negatives are my positives,ACTION AND LONG running time among others lol

To me it seems pretty obvious that the WarnerBros viral marketing machine is hard at work to bash the Transformers franchise in order to push HarryPotter6.
    Just like back in 2007 when almost every single review was against Transformers and Michael Bay, practically telling the same nonsense complaints that they are writing now against the second movie. (and in 2007 another Harry Potter movie was being released during the summer in July as well)

People, DO NOT TRUST CRITICS! Spread the word, do not let critics own you. They weren't right back in 2007 but only obviously biased against the movie and they are not going to be right this time around as well.

Trust only your eyes, judge with your own brains. Go and watch the movie. Tell everyone to do the same. Do not let these "professional" reviews kill the franchise and make the movie flop at box office, it's a goal they tried to achieve already back in 2007 and they failed because the general public used its own brain to judge and liked the movie.

Back in 2007 "professional critics/reviewers" were telling the same bashing nonsense against the first Transformers movie. And the general public with its own eyes saw that all these critics were absolutely wrong and telling lies. So, how could anyone trust these people now?

-------------
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ers/index.html

updated 1:14 p.m. EDT, Wed July 4, 2007

Review: Dim 'Transformers' thuds with action

• Story Highlights
    • Effects, explosions excellent in "Transformers"
    • Human side missing from Michael Bay movie
    • Reviewer: Overlong work is "Herbie Goes to War"

By Tom Charity
    Special to CNN
    (CNN) -- The most expensive toy commercial ever made, "Transformers," Michael Bay's live-action film about the surprisingly durable Hasbro product line, is long, loud and altogether less than meets the eye.
    A blockbuster for 8-year-olds -- and, I guess, those older boys who never grew up -- "Transformers" will buzz its youthful demographic (the effects are incredible) but leave the rest of us wondering if Hollywood could possibly aim lower.

[.......]

Setting about the action sequences with real vigor, Bay seems to imagine he's remaking "War of the Worlds," or maybe embarking on "Terminator 4." And to be fair, the Transformers in motion are something to see -- as with several of this year's event pictures, the effects guys have surpassed themselves.
    But the illusion is shattered whenever the 'bots start talking or the action stops. Bay tries to gloss over the infantile plot, but it would take a lighter, wittier touch to square the movie's pedestrian script with its excitable vision of impending auto-geddon.
    At least John Turturro, who shows up at the halfway mark as an unsympathetic government operative, seems to have understood that "manic" is the only appropriate response. First he's stripped to his underpants, then a monstrous machine relieves itself all over him.
    After 144 minutes of "Herbie Goes to War," I knew just how he felt.
    "Transformers" runs 144 minutes and is rated PG-13.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    Back in 2007 "professional critics/reviewers" were telling the same bashing nonsense against the first Transformers movie. And the general public with its own eyes saw that all these critics were absolutely wrong and telling lies. So, how could anyone trust these people now?
    --------

Dude, It's really not that serious. Critics hate most action movies, so bad reviews should come as no surprise.

True, all though lately it seems like the critics have been liking action films.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Punk ass decepticons

Another one: http://www.screendaily.com/transform...002498.article

Most critics always hate bay movies. But recently i started reading some that defends him, his style and start calling him "auteur". For example the Transformers' review in the most important spanish newspaper did that.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSoundwavexX View Post
    yea i have 3 reviews including this one and they all been good the most problem that reviewers had was the time running and a few shaky cam but otehr them that they pretty much liked it

I hear ya. But IGN giving a review is like my 9 year old son giving a review on "Schindlers List". In other words...CLUELESS!!! They don't know jackshit!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraPrime View Post
    I hear ya. But IGN giving a review is like my 9 year old son giving a review on "Schindlers List". In other words...CLUELESS!!! They don't know jackshit!
    dude i saw that teaser trailer review they did these 2 guys , it waslike the funniest thing ever they actually called prime megatron at one point LOL... and WHY do ppl go on a movie like transformers expecting it to another titanic????
    i mean come on its transformers......

Quote Originally Posted by XxSoundwavexX View Post
    dude i saw that teaser trailer review they did these 2 guys , it waslike the funniest thing ever they actually called prime megatron at one point LOL... and WHY do ppl go on a movie like transformers expecting it to another titanic????
    i mean come on its transformers......

those idiots thought that Prime was fighting ironhide in the forest scene.

I couldn't believe that these morons are getting paid to give out stupid and falso information.

I want that job.
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Autobot View Post

I couldn't believe that these morons are getting paid to give out stupid and falso information.

I want that job.
    LMAOOOO and i can asure u that ur review would be alil more informative then those 2 yokos..

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Autobot View Post

I want that job.

Nah! I don't. That would be like being a tax-man. Everyone would hate you. No, i wouldn't want to go through life with every diehard fan hating me.

Nine times out of ten I don't agree with them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Inflataman View Post
    What do you think it's tomameter at Rotten Tomatoes will be I'm guessing 60's or low 70's.
    umm maybe be in the low 80's
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."