Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First reviews

Default Re: First reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrmac33 View Post
    EXACTLY! It's like when parents or teachers continually yell at kids. Eventually they tune it out and there's no bigger place to go. The way Bay is going, TF3 will have to have a nuclear explosion to up the ante.

Someone mentioned war movies with lots of explosions that the critics always like. The thing about them (Apocalypse Now, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, All Quiet on the Western Front, etc) is that between battles, there is a lot of time spent on character development, relationships, etc. They usually explore how a character deals with what they confront in war or why war is even necessary in the first place.

No TF will ever be a "war" movie. No Bay film will likely ever explore any topic with much depth. The Island could be an exception, but as stated earlier, the ending undermined a lot of what was built. Pearl Harbor stunk because the acting was atrocious and the love triangle plot laughable.

My only hope for TF2 is that it avoids ridiculous plot holes like the first one had. If it ups the action without shaky cam and provides at least a modicum of logic in its story, I'll be pumped.
    Transformers should never be compared to those movies you mentioned. At the end of the day, this is a movie based on toys. There's only so much depth to be explored...For the writers to take that idea and craft the story that they did is pretty damn impressive.....Plot holes? Who the hell cares? It's obvious that there is no pleasing some people.. The first movie got criticized for too much focus on humans. What do the filmmakers do? They add more than double the amount of robots, and increase the action by a ton, and now all of a sudden "it's too much action"....Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Transformers should never be compared to those movies you mentioned. At the end of the day, this is a movie based on toys. There's only so much depth to be explored...For the writers to take that idea and craft the story that they did is pretty damn impressive.....Plot holes? Who the hell cares? It's obvious that there is no pleasing some people.. The first movie got criticized for too much focus on humans. What do the filmmakers do? They add more than double the amount of robots, and increase the action by a ton, and now all of a sudden "it's too much action"....Makes perfect sense.
    When critics say they added too many human scenes in TF meaning the human scenes were pretty much pointless with laughable unnecessary dialogue that didn't really move the plot. But obviously transformers 1 and 2 should only be movies for its terrific action and the cool looking robot characters.

The most important Spanish cinema magazine gives Transformers: ROTF 4 stars out of five. So this means that the most important Spanish newspaper will give a good review (same guy).

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    The first movie got criticized for too much focus on humans. What do the filmmakers do? They add more than double the amount of robots, and increase the action by a ton, and now all of a sudden "it's too much action"....Makes perfect sense.
    Hate to break it to you, but this movie still focuses too much on humans! Btw, the movie would've been better with Jonah Hill instead of the other guy as the sidekick. Unfortunately, he gets more and more irritating throughout the movie...

I am getting a little worried. Joblo gives it 2/10 and Coming Soon 5/10. I know I shouldn't listen to critics, but you can't ignore them.

Here is another review this time from Garth of DarkHorizons.com

http://www.darkhorizons.com/reviews/...-of-the-Fallen

Critics are tearing this movie apart, what the hell is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I am getting a little worried. Joblo gives it 2/10 and Coming Soon 5/10. I know I shouldn't listen to critics, but you can't ignore them.
    yea i feel kinda the same way those are pretty good realiable sites BUT lets see whats our opinion once we seen it...

hey guys have faith.

Bad Boys II had 23% in rotten tomatoes. If this is as good as BBII we have nothing to worry about.

I had faith but reviews are becoming worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Critics are tearing this movie apart, what the hell is going on?
    It's Armageddon all over again.

Let the critics have their opinion it doesn't matter what they think it matters what you or anyone else that goes to see thinks of TF2.

Movie critics are very picky trying to please the critics would not help the the franchise imo it would hurt it.

what movie critics don't get this is transformers its suppose to be about the autobots vs the Decepticons. It has to have a lot of bots.

Why are people here even listening to the critics in the first place? Don't let them bother you guys. Tune them out for 24 hours and watch the movie yourselves. It sounds to me on the basis of bad reviews, people here hate transformers before they have seen it. Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgirl View Post
    Why are people here even listening to the critics in the first place? Don't let them bother you guys. Tune them out for 24 hours and watch the movie yourselves. It sounds to me on the basis of bad reviews, people here hate transformers before they have seen it. Give me a break.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    hey guys have faith.

Bad Boys II had 23% in rotten tomatoes. If this is as good as BBII we have nothing to worry about.
    yea thats very true LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gstommylee View Post
    what movie critics don't get this is transformers its suppose to be about the autobots vs the Decepticons. It has to have a lot of bots.

Sadly, the writers have forgotten this as well.

It's pretty obvious that practically all negative reviews and bashing and lies on forums are paid by the competition to destroy the Transformers franchise. The simple fact that they all say the same exact things, all so called professional critics reviews are all the same but end up contradicting themselves even in the same review simply shows that they are slaves of a viral marketing machine paid to work against Transformers2 movie and bring it down at any cost.

Do not trust them. Watch the movie, do not think about them.
    And remember that back in 2007 it was more or less the same. Now to gain your trust and put doubts in you and make you biased while watching this second movie if you decide to watch it they are all telling that they liked or loved the first movie BUT that was not true. Back in 2007 over 80% of reviews were negative. The first Transformers movie was getting bashed everywhere by competitors studio plants in forums. This time they are more desperate and they managed to pay more and so we get more negative reviews than in 2007.. more slaves added to the pathetic bashing and they are doing all of this because they know that many more people than in 2007 now love the Transformers franchise and really want to watch the second movie.

Do not let them own you. Do not let them decide for you. Do not trust their lies. Decide by yourselves. Go and watch the movie like you did back in 2007 or if you just discovered the movie in the last two years on DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray then remember what you missed by not watching it in theaters. Critics back in 2007 were telling lies and bashing because they were paid by the competition to do it.

There a lot of bucks at stake in the industry, do not think that the competition doesn't have the money and the interest to bash Transformers franchise and make the movie fail because that would be pretty naive. You can bet that they want to kill the Transformers franchise. And in order to do it they need to own you and make you all their slaves, they need to distort your vision of the movie, they need you to either not watch the movie or watch it with a negative feeling so that you would be then telling that you didn't like it to others but not becuase you actually didn't like it but because you would be enslaved by them and telling what they wanted you to say. Use your own brains, do not let them own you.

Transformers2 is excellent and way better than the first. Do not be afraid and do not go there thinking "they told me that it sucks and maybe they were right" and so you would start nitpicking every single scene looking for any possible little flaws. Just enjoy the show! Enjoy the movie and let the movie flow, feel the world of the movie, give it a chance like you did back in 2007.
    Last edited by wingzero; 06-23-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banandy View Post
    Sadly, the writers have forgotten this as well.
    No, why? There a lot more alien robots in the movie. You can't expect no humans and just aliens because otherwise it wouldn't a live action movie anymore, the general public would be lost.