Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 93

Thread: First reviews

  1. #1
    Senior Member alexsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Asturias, Spain
    Posts
    992

    Default First reviews

    Here you got three

    “The biggest movie of the summer is finally here, but that's the problem with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - it's just too bloody big. Epic, spectacular but unfortunately far, far too long; the film proves that when it comes to Michael Bay blockbuster movies, you can have too much of a good thing.” - Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK [3/5]

    “Terminator Salvation director McG challenged Bay to a "dick measuring contest" between their admittedly similar-in-concept movies, but his efffort failed because it took itself far too seriously. Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen, however, succeeds because it's ridiculous in all the right ways. Check your brain in with your coat and soak in the most gloriously dumb spectacle of the year.” - Ali, The Shiznit [4/5]

    “Fallen so frequently approaches the first pic’s all-out awesomeness, and even occasionally surpasses it - notably in an opening blitzkrieg in Shanghai and a forest face-off between Optimus Prime and three Decepticons impressive enough to merit comparison with King Kong’s multiple T-Rex smackdown - that it's this close to being the perfect summer flick. The problem is, it’s the parts you remember, not the whole.” - Mark Samuels, Total Film [4/4]

  2. #2
    Senior Member Inflataman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: First reviews

    So mostly good reviews so far I don't really care about critics but good reviews are nice.

  3. #3
    Senior Member alexsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Asturias, Spain
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: First reviews

    The first for me is really good. The writter found too long Bad Boys 2 and Pearl Harbor, i don't. So the "bad point" is not applicable for me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Inflataman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: First reviews

    What do you think it's tomameter at Rotten Tomatoes will be I'm guessing 60's or low 70's.

  5. #5

    Default Re: First reviews

    I loved King kong and love that reference.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Inflataman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: First reviews

    I'm not worried about the Forest scene being the best part. It was the same case with the Optimus vs Bonecrusher in the first one. That was the best part but rest was still enjoyable. Can you believe the IGN UK review pretty much said the movie was too fun. It listed some of the things I most looking forward to as negatives.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: First reviews

    IGN dont know what they are talking about.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Inflataman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: First reviews

    "But Revenge Of The Fallen is a movie that's so thoroughly entertaining, such inconsistencies can be ignored: you'll simply be having too much fun to notice."~ Ali
    That pretty much sums up the mindset that every critic should have when they watch this movie.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico, Mexico
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: First reviews

    Nice reviews, like them, except the first:
    If a movie is too long, it bores. If it's too short it bores. That's what those guys mean. Idiots.

    I don't care a movie is too long (I love the extended editions of The Lord Of The Rings!!), but short ones can suck sometimes 'cause they need more time to develop plot and characters.

    They never do Shadow, they never do.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: First reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Nice reviews, like them, except the first:
    If a movie is too long, it bores. If it's too short it bores. That's what those guys mean. Idiots.

    I don't care a movie is too long (I love the extended editions of The Lord Of The Rings!!), but short ones can suck sometimes 'cause they need more time to develop plot and characters.

    They never do Shadow, they never do.
    in two days ill be going out to buy the first movie again with all the extras

  11. #11
    Senior Member XxSoundwavexX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: First reviews

    yea i have 3 reviews including this one and they all been good the most problem that reviewers had was the time running and a few shaky cam but otehr them that they pretty much liked it

  12. #12
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: First reviews

    LOTR proved you can make a movie as long as you want, as long as the story is good.

    I think most people prefer the extended cuts over the theatrical releases.

  13. #13

    Default Re: First reviews

    No they are not ''mostly all good''. Geez wake up people. Being one-eyed about the movie only shows how stubborn you are and that you refuse to see a movie for what it is, than what you want it to be.

    ''Mostly all average'' at best. As was stated, its bad points were that its too long, somewhat inconsistent and doesnt have enough depth to its story - as more time was spent on the ''fun'' factor.

    Film critics should be taken with a grain of salt, as they have vast numbers of movies under their belt and would go into any kind of movie, be it a drama or action blockbuster, with an expectation - which you as average movie-goers shouldnt.

    What you SHOULD do, with film reviews, is look at the reviewers expectations he had when he walked into the cinema. To do that, find a film review in the past that he wrote for a movie you have already seen and compare your thoughts to his. If he reviewed Armageddon or Bad Boys, then read that and compare your expectations to his on those movies. If they have similarities, then you can be roughly assured that his thoughts will mirror your own.

    But the biggest point in reviews, is to remember that reviews are OPINION based. No two reviews, nor people for that matter, are the same.

  14. #14
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: First reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by MouseNo4 View Post
    No they are not ''mostly all good''. Geez wake up people. Being one-eyed about the movie only shows how stubborn you are and that you refuse to see a movie for what it is, than what you want it to be.

    ''Mostly all average'' at best. As was stated, its bad points were that its too long, somewhat inconsistent and doesnt have enough depth to its story - as more time was spent on the ''fun'' factor.

    Film critics should be taken with a grain of salt, as they have vast numbers of movies under their belt and would go into any kind of movie, be it a drama or action blockbuster, with an expectation - which you as average movie-goers shouldnt.

    What you SHOULD do, with film reviews, is look at the reviewers expectations he had when he walked into the cinema. To do that, find a film review in the past that he wrote for a movie you have already seen and compare your thoughts to his. If he reviewed Armageddon or Bad Boys, then read that and compare your expectations to his on those movies. If they have similarities, then you can be roughly assured that his thoughts will mirror your own.

    But the biggest point in reviews, is to remember that reviews are OPINION based. No two reviews, nor people for that matter, are the same.

    Imagine having a job where the it's your duty to find every single negative point. Pretty bad eh? Most of these guys are fans of art cinema and review mainstream films just to pay the bills. It;s like going to a Woody Allen film expecting gore.

    I mean, who has time to read reviews and much less do a background search on these people?

  15. #15

    Default Re: First reviews

    If the regular movie reviewer is giving these types of reviews, the fans looking forward to the film should be mega happy with what's to come considering we're looking at it from a TF/sequel POV vs a standard movie POV.

    Let's just hope it wins the Oscar for best special effects this time ... friggin Golden Compass didn't deserve to win ... Prime got beat out by a talking polar bear ...

  16. #16
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: First reviews

    I don't like critics. Most of the time they sound confused and as if they don't know what they want.

  17. #17
    Senior Member taybrian1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,238

    Default Re: First reviews

    Who cares what critics say? We'll be seeing the movie and loving it, so that is all that matters.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: First reviews

    They're criticizing the stuff I am effin' praising. I want to see 2.5 hours of Bayos and Bayhem!

  19. #19
    Senior Member Sonya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: First reviews

    I've never really listened to the critics. I much prefer to make up my own mind.

  20. #20
    Senior Member XxSoundwavexX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: First reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    I've never really listened to the critics. I much prefer to make up my own mind.
    yep same here, inthe past well it happen 2x where they gave bad reviews for 2 certain movies and turn out to be FOR ME those 2 of best film at that moment so yea i really dont care what they say LOL ill see it and juge for my self as well...

  21. #21
    Senior Member Double's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: First reviews

    When I saw the King Kong versus 3 T-rex in theaters I remember saying to myself "This is the coolest thing I've ever seen on-screen"

    So I'm glad to hear the comparison with Prime versus 3 Decepticons.
    XBL: Double 979
    PSN: Double_979

  22. #22
    Senior Member razgriz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    444

    Default Re: First reviews

    Long or too long, my brain and myself will strap in for maximum Bayhem.

    The reviews sound nice too.

  23. #23
    Senior Member The Last Autobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: First reviews

    Yes, critics are definitley poo poo heads.

    They lack my maturity.
    There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory...

  24. #24
    Senior Member XxSoundwavexX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: First reviews

    i read on another forum about the reviews, and they were saying some interesting stuff,they were calling some of the reviewers reviews "positive FAKE reviews" for the reasons being that one guy gave it 4 stars yet MOST of the things he said were NEGATIVE towards the movie......so i dunno whats up with that LOL

  25. #25
    Senior Member taybrian1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,238

    Default Re: First reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    They're criticizing the stuff I am effin' praising. I want to see 2.5 hours of Bayos and Bayhem!
    H to the E to the LL YES!
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •