Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shameful..but I need an Idiot's guide to Transformers

Drake

Default Re: Shameful..but I need an Idiot's guide to Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    I'm sure all the transformer series had something valuable to teach (or just plain entertainment) But I'm so glad I didn't see the 1986 movie...or I blocked it like a tramatic event. Killing off all the old characters...that's just criminal.
    I still get teary-eyed at the Optimus scene. And he was even more awesome in the G1 cartoons than the MB movie.

"You, who are without mercy, now plead for it?"

I think there's a guide on the net on the history of the TFs with profiles and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    I'm sure all the transformer series had something valuable to teach (or just plain entertainment) But I'm so glad I didn't see the 1986 movie...or I blocked it like a tramatic event. Killing off all the old characters...that's just criminal.
    I watched that on Youtube not too long ago. I was yelling "NO" when a lot of the best characters died. Ratchet went down so easy. Makes me scared for the live action movies. When OP kicked the bucket, I got choked up.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    I watched that on Youtube not too long ago. I was yelling "NO" when a lot of the best characters died. Ratchet went down so easy. Makes me scared for the live action movies.
    I'm a tad concerned about Ironhide in the new movie, I really hope he survives. Him and just all the autobots.......

I'm always on TFwiki just to figure out what people are saying. I wasn't allowed to see G1 as a really little kids, so I didn't see Transformers until the Beast Wars era. It's kind of nice because now I don't have to watch any bad episodes just to get something.
    Saying that to a Transformers fan is like telling Jason Voorhes that he's a momma's boy (which he is shh ) it's gonna end badly.
    "The faster it is, the better I like it."

I watched that on Youtube not too long ago. I was yelling "NO" when a lot of the best characters died. Ratchet went down so easy. Makes me scared for the live action movies. When OP kicked the bucket, I got choked up.
    Same here and that was when I was just beginning to watch Transformers but I was just yelling and crying and stuff (emotional much? )
    "The faster it is, the better I like it."

Yup http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page is the best source for all of your TF needs.
    Smokescreen: "You're our only hope Omega." Omega Supreme: "Failure: Impossible" - G1 Episode #41 "The Golden Lagoon"

if you are that interested in history of transformers you should go to https://shop.idwpublishing.com/comic...nsformers.html they have comic's and trade paperbacks for sale. the history of transformers is different from the original cartoon the comics and the live action movie. but idw has prequel and other stories to explain the movie and the cartoon and has its own story line. there is alot of information in print the movie took a little from each story line and created its own. i hope this is helpful?
    Last edited by vector sigma; 12-15-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Autobot View Post
    taybrian1

There's actually an episode where Optimus Primal meets our G1 Prime.
    Here's a clip from that episode. And in case anyone is wondering, The beast wars Megatron tried to kill G1 Prime while he was is stasis lock. That's why his head is all messed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu_pF719_4g