Thread: Wtf?

Default Wtf?

Some Teens were given a screening of the Transformers trailer and all said they did not like it. Just listen to these guys.

Molly Philbin, 15: "And they only said five words in the whole trailer. I'm sure all those special effects were hard to do, but if you haven't seen the first movie, I'm not sure you'd even understand what was going on. And most of what was going on sure didn't look that good."

Ben Sassoon, 17: "I can't say this got my hopes up. It's just a lot of explosions."

Are these kids blind? Did they see the new trailer or the old teaser cause the teaser is not supposed to layout story, just get some general interest. I don't know where they got these jokers. Under a rock?
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_...umbs-down.html

Default Re: Wtf?

Nothing impresses these kids today, give em a can of color spray to write graffiti..that will impress them. Give em some drugs and or a gun...that will impress them. Let some pure kid commit suicide on youtube...that will impress them.

These damn sponge bob watchers/...how many of them?....20?...like they will count when this movie beats dark knight...titanic..star trek..they dont understand the physics of the movie....

Talking Re: Wtf?

Cut the kids some slack!

You try looking up at the screen while Twittering about Zac Efron and Twlight at the same time, and see what happens. (j/k)

The posse said the trailer blew. You know what Nelson, go ahead and shut this muthaf**ka down. While we're at it, Bay, I think it's time to hang up that viewfinder.

Rhetorical: Really though, who cares? What are these articles trying to prove anyway?

I just read this on TLAMB, I was laughing. Good, a few less f**king kids opening night
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

here kids, I have a nice shirt for you :

http://www.thirddegreemerch.com/owne...rhead_Back.jpg

This is bias. They are getting info from the jocks, preps, i.e. the kinda people who would only be entertained by comedies like Napoleon Dynamite, Adam Sandler movies, Superbad, etc. They need to talk to the nerds, geeks, etc. and have their take on it.

That's the review of the teaser trailer form February you can even see it when you scroll down. Anyway believe me teenagers loved the first one im in highschool and everyone i no that saw it liked it 150+ kids.

I know a whole bunch of teens at my school who saw the first and liked it.

I also think too that most kids are caught up in the whole Harry Potter craze. The books and the movies have been around for awhile and are still very popular. Transformers, in terms of how mainstream it is now, has much catching up to do. Right now I think they'd rather see wizards and magic rather than robots and explosions. That might change as the times do.

hahaha they into harry pothead that's for sure LOL... and i can careless what some lil kid that's BARELY making it into High school has to say about a movie like this......

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrost View Post
    I just read this on TLAMB, I was laughing. Good, a few less f**king kids opening night
    hahahahaha that's right..

If they haven't seen the first movie...WTF are they doing watching the second in the first place? Go see the first movie before seeing the second. Its just not right if you don't.
    Sunstreaker: Oh but what about my paint job?
    Sideswipe: Don't worry bro. Just make left turns.

Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar

Meh.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I also think too that most kids are caught up in the whole Harry Potter craze. The books and the movies have been around for awhile and are still very popular. Transformers, in terms of how mainstream it is now, has much catching up to do. Right now I think they'd rather see wizards and magic rather than robots and explosions. That might change as the times do.
    I guess that makes sense. I lost interest in Potter after the last book. Still, did the kids know they were seeing the teaser? Sounds to me that is what it was. What were they expecting? A play by play of the plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    If they haven't seen the first movie...WTF are they doing watching the second in the first place? Go see the first movie before seeing the second. Its just not right if you don't.
    I couldnt have said it better myself!!
    "When War comes...I will Awaken..to END it!"

The only reason teens love the HP films is because of either Daniel, Emma or Tom Felton, the story is pretty rubbish.
    Exact same thing with Twilight series.
    Last edited by Mindfreak87; 05-08-2009 at 09:12 PM.

they wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them in the ass
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

What does Harry Potter have to do with this? Leave it alone, it's not a bad series, and the story is great.

Everyone has different opinions about movies and such things. Besides if they watch the movie when it comes out, they are probably going to change their minds

If what they embedded is what they showed the kids kinda got the short end anyway. That's the second teaser, a longer edit of the super-bowl teaser. The fact that it was just edited to be a little longer does kill some of the momentum of the original Super Bowl short and the THIRD one, which is the FULL trailer has jokes, tension and is pretty clear on the plot.

Judging a film in its entirety based on a random teaser = fail.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgirl View Post
    Some Teens were given a screening of the Transformers trailer and all said they did not like it. Just listen to these guys.

Molly Philbin, 15: "And they only said five words in the whole trailer. I'm sure all those special effects were hard to do, but if you haven't seen the first movie, I'm not sure you'd even understand what was going on. And most of what was going on sure didn't look that good."

Ben Sassoon, 17: "I can't say this got my hopes up. It's just a lot of explosions."

Are these kids blind? Did they see the new trailer or the old teaser cause the teaser is not supposed to layout story, just get some general interest. I don't know where they got these jokers. Under a rock?
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_...umbs-down.html
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCroatianGuy View Post
    here kids, I have a nice shirt for you :

http://www.thirddegreemerch.com/owne...rhead_Back.jpg

Haha what a pleasent t-shirt. I wonder if these kids saw the correct movie trailer. Maybe they saw terminator? lol
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Punk ass decepticons

Well i grew up with transformers i still got some optimus prime and megatron toys from when i was young. I think these kids didint even watch the first movie and have never watched transformers before like G1 and later transformers series
    "Today's Autobots are tomorrow's scrap metal."

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    This is bias. They are getting info from the jocks, preps, i.e. the kinda people who would only be entertained by comedies like Napoleon Dynamite, Adam Sandler movies, Superbad, etc. They need to talk to the nerds, geeks, etc. and have their take on it.
    Hey now, I was a "jock" all thru my school days...and I liked the trailers.

I think it's more likely Bay-haters up to their usual no good.
    Some people do believe there's a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd818 View Post
    Hey now, I was a "jock" all thru my school days...and I liked the trailers.

I think it's more likely Bay-haters up to their usual no good.
    Likewise....I was a bit of a prep but I had no issues thinking the trailer was lacking in any way shape or form.
    "When War comes...I will Awaken..to END it!"