Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 60 days - REVENGE

Default 60 days - REVENGE

Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said "It's awesome". He felt this movie was better than the first - and probably my best, who knows - at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

We have 60 days left. Let me tell you it will be a race to finish. It's 12 at night and we are still working here in the edit room. Everyone at ILM and DD are killing themselves right now, they are doing a stellar job on the effects. We also just finished our trailer which is coming out with Wolverine. Talk to you soon.

Michael
    Last edited by michaelbay; 04-15-2009 at 02:58 AM.

Default Re: 60 days - REVENGE

sweet!! even better! I thought originally the trailer will be with Star Trek on the 7th but Wolverine on the 1st is even better!

Just to clarify, if you're doing edits still, will it affect the 147 minute runtime that was announced to be locked in?

Thanks for the update Michael and keep up the good work!
    Last edited by darthrage; 04-15-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Thanks for the heads-up. I have no doubt just two months later we audiences will say "Awesome" too.

USA--Bethlehem, PA The former hideout of Demolishor

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said
    "It's awesome". He felt this movie was better then the first - and probably my best, who knows - at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.

We have 60 days left. Let me tell you it will be a race to finish. It's 12 at night and we are still working here in the edit room. Everyone at ILM and DD are killing themselves right now, they are doing a stellar job on the effects. We also just finished our trailer which is coming out with Wolverine. Talk to you soon.

Michael
    I can guarantee we will LOVE it Mr. Bay

It has been a great ride so far and it keeps getting better every day. Thanks for being loyal to us. Have a great night and get some rest

EDIT: I also wanted to say that I was there last June in Bethlehem and I heard the fan support around the Lehigh Valley and the consensus is.....you struck GOLD with this franchise---I can't wait to see how AWESOME you made my hometown steel mill look in an IMAX theater. The Lehigh Valley is behind the BAY-HEM 100%
    Last edited by Ladies_Man_217; 04-15-2009 at 03:07 AM. Reason: edit
    A creative signature would be right here if I wasn't such a procrast.....

I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.
    Not invited, why? I do believe I'm insulted a little.

Everyone at ILM and DD are killing themselves right now, they are doing a stellar job on the effects.
    Crunch time!!! A VFX artist's dream and nightmare. Means OT. Who doesn't LOVE overtime in a recession.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

Hi Guys,
    I am new here. I hope you welcome me. I am a german Transformers-Fan since my childhood. I canīt wait until June. I watched the Teaser about 30 times. I am so afraid of that Prime will die in this movie. This would be
    very very dramatic for me.
    Mr. Bay thank you for the news. And thank you for shooting the Transformers movies. A childīs dream become true. Sorry for anykind of mistakes. This is my first english posting in the last 10 years.

Best regards from Germany!

Yours Ironhide1977

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide1977 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I am new here. I hope you welcome me. I am a german Transformers-Fan since my childhood. I canīt wait until June. I watched the Teaser about 30 times. I am so afraid of that Prime will die in this movie. This would be
    very very dramatic for me.
    Mr. Bay thank you for the news. And thank you for shooting the Transformers movies. A childīs dream become true. Sorry for anykind of mistakes. This is my first english posting in the last 10 years.

Best regards from Germany!

Yours Ironhide1977
    Welcome! And your English is very good, so don't worry.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

Oh thank you very much. The news means we will see an new Trailer in a few weeks? Awesome! The Life of a german Fan is not very easy. The Cartoons are often very bad dubbed. So we have to watch it in english. To buy the action figures isnīt very easy to. The assortment here is often very lousy. I am very angry about the actuality that our IMAX cinemas in
    Germany will not show Transformers. Oh man I hate them all. *lol*

Best regards for Germany!

Yours Ironhide1977

Thumbs up Re: 60 days - REVENGE

"It's awesome"
    We knew.

Thanx Michael..very informative!!
    "When War comes...I will Awaken..to END it!"

Sweet!!! Thanks for the update Michael
    "To the Believer, no proof is necessary...To the non-Believer, no proof is possible."

Cant wait to see TF2 rock the world baby!!:lol
    We're a young species. We have much to learn.

hey mike, how 'bout a premiere at the Opera House in Sydney?? Star Trek premiere with Abrams was a blast here. hope you think about it.
    THE INCREDIBLE BLISS

Megatron: This was almost too easy, Starscream.
    Starscream: Much easier, almighty Megatron, than attacking the real threat. The Autobots' moonbase.
    Megatron: You're an idiot, Starscream.
    Starscream:
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1176/...a66fe8.jpg?v=0

thanks, can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

not invited, YET. I like that, does that mean my airplane ticket to come over and watch it is not in the post YET, but will be SOON?

Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    hey mike, how 'bout a premiere at the Opera House in Sydney?? Star Trek premiere with Abrams was a blast here. hope you think about it.
    Opera house sounds wow cool. I'd love to see the massive replica of bumble bee there this time around or maybe have the Sydney/World premiere at the IMAX theatre at Darling Habour. Whatta think Mike ?

Thanks for the update and I hope things go well from here on out.

For the record, I have watched all your movies including the Island flop, and I thought Transformers was the best movie you ever did. I agree with Spielberg that this movie will be better and more awesome.

Thank you for taking a few moments out of your busy schedule to post this.
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

sweet thanks
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said
    "It's awesome". He felt this movie was better then the first - and probably my best, who knows - at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it. I'm going to start putting it in front of audiences in a few weeks - no you are not invited, yet.
    Sounds awesome, if Spielberg can be wowed by an unfinished cut of the film, can you imagine how awesome the final cut is gonna be? So looking forward to this. It would be an honor to be invited to see an early screening, but Mr. Bay, don't consider me as an invite for I will be busy for the next couple of months with school work. I'm sure you would understand that (if you're reading this anyway) because you're AWESOME.

Michael
    This is news I wanted to hear. Now I don't have to wait till Star Trek, though, I will still be seeing it. I wouldn't be surprised anyway if they stuck a trailer in front of that.

awesome update Mr.Bay! I can't remember the last film I've been so excited to see in the cinema.. oh I remember... it was Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGarwood View Post
    Yup, back row and everything.
    I was wondering where he was going when he started with "Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today. There were 98 empty seats"... hehehe

Awesome- thanks, Mr. Bay... you have at least one 31-year old feeling like a little kid again!
    SUCK MY POPSICLE!

Banned

thanks a lot michael, this information is very satisfactoring

can't wait for wolverine!

Outstanding news, now I really want to see Wolverine. Thanks Mike
    "You get a free bowl of soup with a hat like that...Oh but it looks good on you though!".....Rodney Dangerfield