Thread: Tranformers 2 Theme

Lightbulb Tranformers 2 Theme

Hey Everyone, anyone care to give feedback on a theme sound score Im working on... If Everyone on the forums/ TF Fans like what they hear, it would give me inspiration to keep going with it . Theres also another completely different breakbeat mix as well, have yet to post it.

http://media.putfile.com/New-demo--Work-in-progress

Use the Youtube clips of Transformers to see how it matches
    --------------------------------------------------

It would be nice to hear a TF theme in TF2, the TF theme gives transformers unique identity, like star wars or indiana jones

Arrow hey

damn guys not one reply...?

It's the original cartoon theme done with a bell and a trumpet, what do you want us to say.

while fun to listen to, the song is no where near the caliber it would need to be for the movie.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by autobot2007 View Post
    Hey Everyone, anyone care to give feedback on a theme sound score Im working on... If Everyone on the forums/ TF Fans like what they hear, it would give me inspiration to keep going with it . Theres also another completely different breakbeat mix as well, have yet to post it.

http://media.putfile.com/New-demo--Work-in-progress

Use the Youtube clips of Transformers to see how it matches
    --------------------------------------------------

It would be nice to hear a TF theme in TF2, the TF theme gives transformers unique identity, like star wars or indiana jones
    Well, as I would hope you would want an honest opinion, the sound is extremely too "light" for the movie. Some insight as into what you are looking for creative-wise might be helpful. From what I'm hearing and what I look at are two completely different things.

As uraydo posted above, the sound is very cartoonish due to the high bells used. With that said, the use of sound you have produced reminds me of the brightness used in the cartoon. A lot brighter colors were used for the television show and that's what the sound you've created reminds me of as well.

You might want to think of creating a deeper sound if you want to portray the movie score. Again, more information is need as well as to specifically know what you are looking for in a sound.

The other hang up you are probably going to get is that most of us are probably going to be biased sound wise. We've already heard the original score from the movie and that is something people are going to go back and compare to...always, we've already heard it and know what it should sound like. And though it's not a persay, "theme" that once you've heard it you know it's Transformers, the sounds/instrumentals used in the film score relates to the entire theme of the movie.

So your job would be, how can I make it more original and different so that's there's no connection.

Just keep tinkering around with what you've got and see what happens. Just giving constructive criticism, but what's most important is that you are happy with what you've produced, because it's ultimately your work and no one else's......just be sure not to infringe on any copyrights ok? Some food for thought there.

Good luck.
    It is, what it is!

that was probably the cheesiest thing ive ever listened to haha. there needs to be more instruments like a bass that has more of an impact and excitement instead of a bell or chimes or whatever the hell that was.

damn guys not one reply...?
    I'm guessing no one's replying because the link takes forever to decide whether to open or crash, and then when it opens the site doesn't always work...

Post thanks guys

I agree with you guys thanks for the posts, sorry about the link delay I cant help that part, Ill put something different on here soon, stay tuned,the criticizing is well received I like it. stay tuned...
    Last edited by autobot2007; 11-05-2007 at 05:38 AM.

Post Update

Ok here is the new one as I said it was just a demo, This is Very different. I did the Megatron Voice myself.

Copyrighted - and awaiting authorization from Vince for certain samples, In the Meantime Ive put this cut as it requires some minor alterations and panning of the instruments, so they have their own sonic space, I wont be releasing the Final Cut on the board. Its a gift for everyone, Hope you guys like the track if not oh well, I do, and it will be on the car stereo.. Be Well take care everyone

http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Bay-Boards

Special Thanks to Cross for informing me of Znet sharing, but I selected put file as I can easily remove it after...

Ok here is the new one as I said it was just a demo, This is Very different. I did the Megatron Voice myself.

Copyrighted - and awaiting authorization from Vince for certain samples, In the Meantime Ive put this cut as it requires some minor alterations and panning of the instruments, so they have their own sonic space, I wont be releasing the Final Cut on the board. Its a gift for everyone, Hope you guys like the track if not oh well, I do, and it will be on the car stereo.. Be Well take care everyone

http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Bay-Boards

Special Thanks to Cross for informing me of Znet sharing, but I selected put file as I can easily remove it after...
    The arrangement is much better. I think the first half would be great at a college football game. But seriously, much much improved I will give you a thumbs up for that one. And like you said, you like it and that's all that matters. Good job.
    It is, what it is!

Lightbulb To see how it is with transformers Footage..

Play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feOwAB9TpEA then quickly proceed to the player http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Bay-Boards and press play for the audio... the track was not be designed for the trailer but it does work if you get the timing right, the drumbeat will hit as bumble bees fist hits the ground during transformation,
    Last edited by autobot2007; 11-05-2007 at 06:53 PM.