Thread: Music inspired by TF2

Default Music inspired by TF2

Hey everyone,

So I have been listening to Chris Cornell's new album, Scream, for about a week or so now, and while it's gotten a lot of negative reviews because of the Timbaland produced sound, I personally like it quite a bit (I like Audioslave and Soundgarden, too).

Anyway, I particularly like the track "Enemy", and having heard it many times over the last week, I just feel that it would be a great song to be on a "Music Inspired by" album for TF2.

You can listen to the track here (the player is in the upper right hand corner): http://www.last.fm/music/Chris+Cornell/_/Enemy

(Note that the last 35 or so seconds are the beginning of the next song on the album; it's a pretty distinct change.)

I especially like the chorus, where it says, "I am the enemy, enemy, enemy inside of me." It has a Transformersesque feel to me, very "robots in disguise" or "enemy in disguise". Given how the new movie is being marketed, with at least the initial focus being on the Decepticons and revenge, I just think it fits.

So, I though I'd start this thread to see what other tracks people might think give off a TF2 "feel" to them.

Whadda think?

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Default Re: Music inspired by TF2

I wouldn't mind that song being associated with transformers. I think I like scream better though.

now let me take this time to reiterate what I think the music should be.

Alterbridge- Main Theme
    System of a Down- You Got the Touch
    Seether - Breakdown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBQTpPfUAc
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    Hey everyone,

So I have been listening to Chris Cornell's new album, Scream, for about a week or so now, and while it's gotten a lot of negative reviews because of the Timbaland produced sound, I personally like it quite a bit (I like Audioslave and Soundgarden, too).

Anyway, I particularly like the track "Enemy", and having heard it many times over the last week, I just feel that it would be a great song to be on a "Music Inspired by" album for TF2.

You can listen to the track here (the player is in the upper right hand corner): http://www.last.fm/music/Chris+Cornell/_/Enemy

(Note that the last 35 or so seconds are the beginning of the next song on the album; it's a pretty distinct change.)

I especially like the chorus, where it says, "I am the enemy, enemy, enemy inside of me." It has a Transformersesque feel to me, very "robots in disguise" or "enemy in disguise". Given how the new movie is being marketed, with at least the initial focus being on the Decepticons and revenge, I just think it fits.

So, I though I'd start this thread to see what other tracks people might think give off a TF2 "feel" to them.

Whadda think?

Ed Fuego
    It's a great song, especially for Transformers. Wow, I never thought I'd say that.

Never would have thought of Timbaland and CC teaming up either.

Definitely hearing the TF vibe in that song.

I do like "Scream" as well.

I liked the Seether song, although there have been others in the past I liked better. I thought the Alterbride song, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is really good.

Haven't found any song by SOAD called You Got the Touch. Any links to a stream of the track? I'd like to hear it.

Ed Fuego

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I wouldn't mind that song being associated with transformers. I think I like scream better though.

now let me take this time to reiterate what I think the music should be.

Alterbridge- Main Theme
    System of a Down- You Got the Touch
    Seether - Breakdown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBQTpPfUAc
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Enigma - Gravity of Love... The chorus of that song has an epic feel.. I think it would be a good song to use in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Enigma - Gravity of Love... The chorus of that song has an epic feel.. I think it would be a good song to use in the trailer.
    Man, can't believe its been ten years already with that one. I like that song as well, with the singer from Olive.

I agree, but they've used the original in so many other things.

Dang, I liked this CD before, but now that I listen to this song again, I think it would really be a good "credits song."
    Zombies.

I do like "Scream" as well.

I liked the Seether song, although there have been others in the past I liked better. I thought the Alterbride song, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is really good.

Haven't found any song by SOAD called You Got the Touch. Any links to a stream of the track? I'd like to hear it.

Ed Fuego
    no, I want alterbridge to do a version of the Transformers theme and I want SOAD to do a remake of You Got the Touch form the 84 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    no, I want alterbridge to do a version of the Transformers theme and I want SOAD to do a remake of You Got the Touch form the 84 movie.

Oh, okay, gotcha.

Ed Fuego
    - thegreat

Oh, okay, gotcha.

Ed Fuego
    I know I'm a dork.