Thread: if u can make transformers...how bout GUNDAM

Default if u can make transformers...how bout GUNDAM

:wtf

looks stupid...but i really loved to see that :lol

Default Re: if u can make transformers...how bout GUNDAM

Unless you want Bay to be pigeonholed as the "Giant robot Guy" then sure.
    - Omar B.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

When it comes to robot films, Michael Bay......only does......and will ONLY be doing......Transformers.
    THE END.

Default Re: if u can make transformers...how bout EVANGELION

maybe EVA? haha

Quote Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
    maybe EVA? haha
    Nah, wouldn't suit his style. He would have to make it kick ass, rather than just have some giant robots lazily float in and have a bunch of kids given awesome fighting machines stand about and whine.

yeah i think EVA is too heavy on the story...it doesnt match his style...

hmmm maybe macross...it can transform too from an airplane to robot...
    and it has a romance story...just like pearl harbor...HAHA
    Last edited by moncikoma; 04-04-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post

looks stupid...but i really loved to see that :lol
    Well there was a live action gundam done way back in like 2000 I think it was called G- Savior and was pretty lame but kinda fun for back then. For those sporting Robotech, and Evangelion ideas Both of those have already been put to the drawing board. Weta workshop was working on a live action adaption of NGE but due to financial issues with adv films I think they stopped production or put it on hold. ...Edit Not sure about the robotech but the date is supposed to be sometime next year.

Or how about something without robots?
    I've always defended Michael Bay against attacks that his films are full of stupid explosions, girls in underwear and mindless characters... but then he made Transformers 2 and I conceded...

Quote Originally Posted by kevski View Post
    Brilliant!!!

Default Re: if u can make transformers...how bout Armored core

what's wrong with something as cool as robot anyway...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2khLx...eature=related
    look again...

i respect transformers..i love it....everybody love it...
    it's uniqe, and new for Hollywood...even japan cannot make a live action robot as epic as bay's transformer...Bay is really something..

so i really want bay to make more robot movies in the future...
    it doesnt have to be franchise like gundam EVA or macross..as long it has a good action and animation...

this is just a request of a fan...who love's mecha...
    if bay not interested then it's Fine...
    i just want him to listen to it..

so i think it is possible that america will have more robot movies
    after bay's transformers...but i bet it all looks like shit compared to bay
    transformers...:deadhorse1:

There's nothing wrong with robots. It's been done well in Transformers. But in every Michael Bay film to date there are moments of brilliance is select scenes which have nothing to do with action. It would be awesome to see him mature and do something different.
    I've always defended Michael Bay against attacks that his films are full of stupid explosions, girls in underwear and mindless characters... but then he made Transformers 2 and I conceded...

There's nothing wrong with robots. It's been done well in Transformers. But in every Michael Bay film to date there are moments of brilliance is select scenes which have nothing to do with action. It would be awesome to see him mature and do something different.

oooo i see...yea u right...transformer is enough...bay will do something else
    too much robot is bad for bay and all his fans

....even though i wolud love him to make other robot franchise
    let other director to make more robot...

i hope because of bay....more live action robot will come...

maybe stephen spilberg and christoper nolan would be awesome:lol

Default Evangelion

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralArrow View Post
    Well there was a live action gundam done way back in like 2000 I think it was called G- Savior and was pretty lame but kinda fun for back then. For those sporting Robotech, and Evangelion ideas Both of those have already been put to the drawing board. Weta workshop was working on a live action adaption of NGE but due to financial issues with adv films I think they stopped production or put it on hold. ...Edit Not sure about the robotech but the date is supposed to be sometime next year.
    From AICN Friday, January 16, 2004:27 Live Action Weta Workshop Produced Designs For EVANGELION -- Commence Drooling!

From Movie Chronicles February 6th, 2009: Evangelion movie discussions still moving forward

From AICN Friday, May 15, 2009: AICN Anime - Impression of Imagi's Astro Boy, Evangelion Live Action Tease, Trigun Anime Movie, and It's Time to Read Guin Saga!
    Neb's Blog reported from the Anime Central convention

During the opening ceremonies when ADV head Matt Greenfield was introduced, someone in the crowd shouted a question about if we'll ever see the long-promised live-action Neon Genesis Evangelion movie. "Soon, & I'm not kidding" was Mr. Greenfield's response. He clarified a bit later that evening during an Evangelion panel, saying the closer he gets to sealing the deal the less he can say anything about it. & the fact that he can't say anything at all anymore should be a clear sign to us how close the deal really is. He seemed pretty confident.]Neb's Blog reported from the Anime Central convention[/url]

During the opening ceremonies when ADV head Matt Greenfield was introduced, someone in the crowd shouted a question about if we'll ever see the long-promised live-action Neon Genesis Evangelion movie. "Soon, & I'm not kidding" was Mr. Greenfield's response. He clarified a bit later that evening during an Evangelion panel, saying the closer he gets to sealing the deal the less he can say anything about it. & the fact that he can't say anything at all anymore should be a clear sign to us how close the deal really is. He seemed pretty confident.
    From IMDB: Untitled Evangelion Project (2012)