Thread: Alliance/Defiance

Default Alliance/Defiance

First time poster.. been observing from the sidelines for a while now. Huge TF fan, just recently have begun reading the comics associated with the series. Thanks to the post about where to order the comics from, I went and ordered Alliance and Defiance 1-4.

I thought there were 2 of each. But I only got 1 of the Defiance books. Can someone confirm that only one has been released?

Thanks for responses.

Banned

Default Re: Alliance/Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery48 View Post
    First time poster.. been observing from the sidelines for a while now. Huge TF fan, just recently have begun reading the comics associated with the series. Thanks to the post about where to order the comics from, I went and ordered Alliance and Defiance 1-4.

I thought there were 2 of each. But I only got 1 of the Defiance books. Can someone confirm that only one has been released?

Thanks for responses.
    ya only one Defiance issue has been released so far. The defiance series started a month behind the Alliance series.

Thanks for responses.
    Welcome aboard Slip, I too am interested in this conversation. I went to my local comic store and every comic related was on back order. Can someone breakdown both series so far so I know what i'm asking for/ordering? TY
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrost View Post
    Welcome aboard Slip, I too am interested in this conversation. I went to my local comic store and every comic related was on back order. Can someone breakdown both series so far so I know what i'm asking for/ordering? TY
    you guys can just order them online at IDW's site you know? Both are part of the series called Destiny. Now Alliance is a four part series that explaines eventes between the first and second movies. And Defiance is a series that explianes events before the first movie and leads you up to the war before the first movie but also gives some more explanation on why some events are now happening in the second movie. Just ask for both series as Alliance and Defiance sepretly.
    Last edited by Shadow; 01-20-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    you guys can just order them online at IDW's site you know? Both are part of the series called Destiny. Now Alliance is a four part series that explaines eventes between the first and second movies. And Defiance is a series that explianes events before the first movie and leads you up to the war before the first movie but also gives some more explanation on why some events are now happening in the second movie. Just ask for both series as Alliance and Defiance sepretly.
    What kind of cost are we talking?

Thanks again. Yes, the IDW website was what I went with. I ordered 1-4 for each, so as they are released, they get mailed out to me... (at least I hope so anyway.)

Was around $26 for each. (that included shipping and handling) So I pad $52, and for that, i'll eventually get all 8 episodes. My math isn't perfect, but that comes to about $6.50 for each episode.
    Last edited by Slippery48; 01-20-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrost View Post
    What kind of cost are we talking?
    $3.99 each

Thanks again. Yes, the IDW website was what I went with. I ordered 1-4 for each, so as they are released, they get mailed out to me... (at least I hope so anyway.)
    they will get mailed as soon as they release. I myself collect them so i have two copies of each of the covers for each issue. So i got four copies of issue 1 and so on. Reign of Starscream was more expensive for me as there was three covers for each issue and i got three copies of each cover for each issue and there was 5 issues so that was 45 comics lol Plus i got three copies of the Trade Paper Back for reign of starscream when it released.

$3.99 each

they will get mailed as soon as they release. I myself collect them so i have two copies of each of the covers for each issue. So i got four copies of issue 1 and so on. Reign of Starscream was more expensive for me as there was three covers for each issue and i got three copies of each cover for each issue and there was 5 issues so that was 45 comics lol Plus i got three copies of the Trade Paper Back for reign of starscream when it released.
    ....and a partridge in a pear tree.....

I'll wait for the trade paper back of both. Hopefully they'll be released before the 2nd movie is out
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

yeah ill probly wait for it too. the alliance 1 and 2 got on the internet yesterday. i cancel my order immediately from one of those comic site (and it took them very long to charge my CC).
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    yeah ill probly wait for it too. the alliance 1 and 2 got on the internet yesterday. i cancel my order immediately from one of those comic site (and it took them very long to charge my CC).
    where?
    This is Ferngully, bitch!

Just finished reading Defience and there is one question I need to ask...

Was Megatron Posessed?

After the artifact with the decepticon looking symbol on it was dug up, those lizard aliens attacked and the carving was taken to Megatrons home for safe keeping. During the battle, it appears he was fatally shot. He managed to walk to his home and collapse in front of the carving. At this point, all the dirt and soil that covered the carving falls off and the message of something evil about to be born again appears.

I'm thinking that stone brought Megatron back to life somehow while at the same time either drove Megatron insane and mad for power or it possessed him completly.

Any ideas?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgirl View Post
    Just finished reading Defience and there is one question I need to ask...

Was Megatron Posessed?

After the artifact with the decepticon looking symbol on it was dug up, those lizard aliens attacked and the carving was taken to Megatrons home for safe keeping. During the battle, it appears he was fatally shot. He managed to walk to his home and collapse in front of the carving. At this point, all the dirt and soil that covered the carving falls off and the message of something evil about to be born again appears.

I'm thinking that stone brought Megatron back to life somehow while at the same time either drove Megatron insane and mad for power or it possessed him completly.

Any ideas?
    well from the looks of it. If you have the issue that has Megatron bowing to the Artifact... to me that Artifact crearly looks like the ROTF poster face. And yes you are right the Artifact did save Megatrons life. He was mortaly wounded and it seems that the Artifact did heal him. Now if you remember when Arcee tell Megatron and Prime that this is to date the only one they found intact and the others were broken? I think and this is just what I think... I think these Artifacts represent the first 13. There is probably one for each and this one so happens to belong to one of the first 13 that is a direct decendent to the Decepticons... hence the symbol. Only up untill now the Decepticon/Cybertronians had no idea of there ancestery. Now if somehow this Artifact represents the Fallen that was one of the 13... The Fallen was bannished from Cybertron and well could very well have been bannished to Earth where he is now and hence the Earth tie-in.
    Last edited by Shadow; 01-22-2009 at 12:24 AM.

well from the looks of it. If you have the issue that has Megatron bowing to the Artifact... to me that Artifact crearly looks like the ROTF poster face. And yes you are right the Artifact did save Megatrons life. He was mortaly wounded and it seems that the Artifact did heal him. Now if you remember when Arcee tell Megatron and Prime that this is to date the only one they found intact and the others were broken? I think and this is just what I think... I think these Artifacts represent the first 13. There is probably one for each and this one so happens to belong to one of the first 13 that is a direct decendent to the Decepticons... hence the symbol. Only up untill now the Decepticon/Cybertronians had no idea of there ancestery. Now if somehow this Artifact represents the Fallen that was one of the 13... The Fallen was bannished from Cybertron and well could very well have been bannished to Earth where he is now and hence the Earth tie-in.
    I would have to say that does make sense!!! The face on the relic does look like the Fallen. I didn't think much of it at first when Acee spoke of the broken others. I wish she would have said how many there were. That also makes me wonder then if it will be the Fallen who then revives Megatron in ROTF? Since he has done it before.
    Name: Battlebot
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

Really? Really they'll fight over a giant-metal-plate artifact this time? (Personally speaking, it makes me smile, and nobody will know why. )

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../idwfirsts.htm

defiance number 2 is out!!!!!!!!yays

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    defiance number 2 is out!!!!!!!!yays
    um ya its been out for a while now. The pages above are from issue three that will be out shortly.

that's interesting... so the shard that Optimus' team found is like a communication device of some sort.